Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still no news on game pack #3

Comments

• Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    If they announce a new SP ill flip out.

Me too
    I am sick of the stuff packs.
    I WANNA HAVE A GP.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    foussi wrote: »

Me too
    I WANNA HAVE A GP.

I wanna have a ep tbh
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Me too
    I WANNA HAVE A GP.

Me too! everytime i think they will announce the game pack, they end up announcing a SP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,862 Member

Me too
    I WANNA HAVE A GP.

I wanna have a ep tbh

I second this. But I'm scared of the wait.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrake just confirmed in the hype train speculation thread there is not going to be a pack this month. I would assume that means either a GP or a SP.....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes, I took it to mean any kind of pack.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2016
  • Options

What was the question. I feel like I'm on Jeopardy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Poly

I suspect April for GP3.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    theres no pack this month
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    edited March 2016
    We're not. simguru drake has said now after weeks of saying no pack this week, no pack this month. Which in my opinion is some 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    Post edited by AmyDames on
  • Options
    AmyDames wrote: »
    We're not simguru drake has said now after weeks of saying no announcement this week, no announcement this month. Which in my opinion is some 🐸🐸🐸🐸

Nah, it was no announcement this week and no gamepack (or pack of any kind) this month. We could still get an announcement this month though. I just wonder what the hold up is.
  • Options

Has this been confirmed?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Some simmers (and me) are expecting an announcement on Tuesday March 15th, let's hope that it's a GP and not SP...

Hopefully you and cat are right.
    No game pack since last July is a long time with no news at all.
    I don't care so much for stuff packs right now as we have had so many already.
    With the time it took for get together to come out and now game pack #3 I do wonder if its going to be like this with all game packs and expansion's for the sims 4.

If it is then things are not looking good for The Sims 4. We've seen delays on both EP's, and if we do not see a game pack released this month it will have been their second consecutive fiscal year where they released one GP.

I vaguely remember (in some earnings call) they mentioned numerous game packs were planned to release during the year, and one a year is not at all meeting that number.

Get To Work was only delayed a week, because it made their stats look better.

To be honest, I'm glad EA are taking it slow. When they made those announcements they had just rushed the base game and Get To Work. Outdoor Retreat was worked on for ages, but Get To Work was decided based on the Survey just before launch.

And then the positive reception from OR and SD vs the mixed reception to the base game and GTW seems to have encouraged them to slow it down and actually make things of quality. They even took a 4 month break on Stuff Packs and came back with two awesome ones.
    So from what we know it's potentially Resturants so I'm hoping they are taking their time with it.

There's no use releasing it rushed because that's when things are half baked and cannot be redeemed usually.

There is no such thing as taking your time. There are deadlines to meet, budgets to adhere to, and sales expectations to reach.

Maxis is a company solely focused on profit, they are not taking their time for higher quality content. It's a fast paced world where you have to get your job done in the time slot you are given. There's wiggle room, but the longer something is in development the more money it costs to produce. It's not as if the pricing is flexible either, it's $20 for a game pack no matter how long the development was, or how much money was sunk into the project. So the longer it's in production the more units they have to sell to break even before they can even make a profit. Additionally, lowering your output lowers your revenue stream.

So when they release one GP a year, they aren't making nearly as much money as they would otherwise. Which leads to a lower development budget on future projects. Maxis & EA wanted The Sims to be a self supplying product, meaning all the revenue goes right into more content. See where I'm getting at here?
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Nah, it was no announcement this week and no gamepack (or pack of any kind) this month. We could still get an announcement this month though. I just wonder what the hold up is.

Raccoon woohoo. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    AmyDames wrote: »
    We're not simguru drake has said now after weeks of saying no announcement this week, no announcement this month. Which in my opinion is some 🐸🐸🐸🐸

Maybe it's some amazing free content in the expected patch this month?
  • Options
    SimGuruDrake just confirmed in the hype train speculation thread there is not going to be a pack this month. I would assume that means either a GP or a SP.....

So two consecutive fiscal years with one GP. Yeah, the future does not look too good with those.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2016

So two consecutive fiscal years with one GP. Yeah, the future does not look too good with those.

We had one GP in fiscal year 14-15 and one in fiscal year 15-16. (Or is that what you meant, one GP each?)

In the end, I suppose that what matters to me most is that the quality of the content is good and that the studio is doing okay financially; I can only judge the first, and only for myself. I'm okay with how things are going so far. More faster would be nice, if it doesn't drop in quality, or cost the same for less, or mean the studio isn't doing as well.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

We had one GP in fiscal year 14-15 and one in fiscal year 15-16. (Or is that what you meant, one GP each?)

Yes, OR was 2015FY and SD was 2016FY. Can't really hold it against them in the game's first year since it launched with only one quarter left in the year. As for 2016, they had a full year and only managed to deliver one.

ETA: @luthienrising quoted you before you added the last part. I definitely think there are some conflicts with game packs. In a conference (early in the FY) they said they had several stuff packs, game packs and one expansion to deliver before the end of the FY. So far they delivered on SP & EP, but they only released one game pack. That tells me that their development resources are going more toward SP's, which is disappointing. One would think they would really pump up production on GP's seeing as they are a new form of content distribution in The Sims. I don't think it necessarily spells trouble for the company, but for the GP platform I don't think it bodes well.
  • Options

Well I hope the patch has some new content then. I called it right about April.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    All this secrecy over restaurants? lol

I'm :)
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

Has this been confirmed?

yes by simgurudrake
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    @catloverplayer
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    I feel like there won't be a Game Pack released in March!!! :(

I'm starting to feel like that too. :(

@SimGuruDrake Can we expect any kind of pack this month?

There will not be a pack this month.
  • Options
    mavaria811mavaria811 Posts: 115 Member
    I doubt it has anything to do with a sp, but on twitter they asked for bathroom builds, would be nice to get a bed and bath pack!
  • Options
    AFerrari0908AFerrari0908 Posts: 65 Member
    I doubt that they would cancel anything, that would be very unlike EA. They will release something no matter what.
    I didn't even know another pack was supposed to be coming out soon. I would rather an Expansion pack announcement though since I know I will buy that.
    Gallery: AFerrari0908
    Youtube: ButtonBudds