Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats up with the ugly hair colour

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    Really?! I actually like this hair color, I've been playing this sims for the last 2 years....and I still like the gold ombre blond hair color... lol

28326149946_176e1fba38_o_d.png
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't like that hair color either. I've never used it. It looks gross.
    He/Him
  • Options
    bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    It's a very unnatural, yellow blonde. It looks like the colour someone with dark hair gets when they've gone crazy with some blonde home hair dye and got that nasty brassy yellow look. Normally if that happens to you you'd go straight to the hairdresser's to save your hair, but apparently it's a look our Sims go for. I've never used it and never would.
  • Options
    ManPhobIaManPhobIa Posts: 88 Member
    I honestly think that the hair colours only work in this game based on what the sims tone of skin is. For example, the strawberry blonde? base swatch, I guess you could call. It's the blonde option that isn't the yellow or platinum shade. At least that's what I've found. I prefer neutral modded shades, much more variety than the base game; same with the eye colours.
  • Options
    lbsykeslbsykes Posts: 36 Member
    It reminds me of the colour my hair went when I attempted home bleaching aged 14! Went into town to buy a cover-up colour so my mum didn't find out. Didn't consider the fact I might actually bump into her whilst out and about :neutral:. Needless to say, I wasn't allowed to mess with my hair colour without adult supervision for quite a while after :D xxx
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    So I managed to find some time for this (and the genetics generator in CAS was very helpful ;) I didn't have time to take them out of CAS and make nice screenshots, but this will do to give you an impression.
    Christopher, the oldest, he's a lazy gamer dude (and totally pulling off the red stubble ;)).
    207b4lg.jpg
    Stephanie, his sister, creative sort of Sim, aspiring writer.
    29bf4wn.jpg
    Their younger brother Joseph, social sort of tech nerd who has a way with the ladies.
    15wx93b.jpg
    Their cousin Fréderique (her dad is French, she gets her build from him), socialite extraordinaire.
    2q35icp.jpg
    Cédric, her brother, fairly normal guy, with a touch of class.
    zb8uo.jpg
    And Véronique, their little sister (not that they're that far apart in age), loves painting, artist (massive French stereotype right there).
    25yvud3.jpg
    Their younger cousin Kate, loves music, dreams of becoming a famous violinist one day.
    2wqwz2g.jpg
    Will, her brother, who is just your regular teen, likes gaming too.
    jkznet.jpg

Little more background info, they all share one set of grandparents, Frederic (whom Fréderique is named after) and Anne. They have six children, Philip (who is Chris, Stevie and Joe's father), Daphne (who married the French guy), Sophie (Kate and Will's mother), her twin sister Phoebe (whose children are Amelia, David and Isabella), Ralph (the ultimate bachelor) and Josephine (mother of Ciaran, Maeread and Eowyn). So obviously, I'd have a lot of Sims to make if I want to gather the entire family ;) (I think I'd get over the 20 Sim limit if I'd add in all the spouses). (not all of them are blond though)

Anyway, my point was, the "yellow" hair isn't ugly.

OMG these sims actually manage to make this hair look good, I didn't think it were possible omg!!!
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    To me, the color doesn't work on every style. It's like some cars look horrible in white. Or black or purple etc. Or red. Some styles were meant to be blue. :D silver or gold.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Hopeinen wrote: »
    How i wish we had a color wheel in TS4...

Don't we all lol