Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats up with the ugly hair colour

Comments

• 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I hated it too, but I've found that it can actually look good on Sims who have a dark tone to their skin. So, really tan Sims.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • BromsiekatBromsiekat Posts: 96 Member
    I know what colour you mean, I don't like it either. I do think that it looks good on Travis Scott though xD it really fits him
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I agree that is the worst color I have never used it good thing for cc.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    Funny, I always thought the really pale one was the worst. I still haven't found a sim I that can pull it off. Every blonde in my game use the pink blonde one only. I don't use the neon red either.

I wanted to use cc recolor but I found out 1) you can't just have default hair color you need to download one recolor per hair (every time a new ep comes out you need to recolor it) and 2) all your sims will be flagged in your own gallery. Unless they give people a way to have cc filter always on in the settings I'm not using cc in my game...
  • AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    > @Neia said:
    > It's not my favorite hair color, but I have a couple of Sims with this blond. I would love to see more hair colors though ! Those ones looked really great :
    >
    >
    >
    > (Source)

oooh that strawberry blonde <3 so beautiful! I didn't like the yellowy blonde that much but I don't think it looks bad, and as has been previously said, I feel it suits the games style :) lots more colours would be great though! I'm really into unnatural tones at the minute.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yea I agree, it looks like the time I bleached my hair (I have dark hair) and didn't quite get it right or leave the stuff in long enough. It's like a nasty brassy color.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    It's not my favorite hair color, but I have a couple of Sims with this blond. I would love to see more hair colors though ! Those ones looked really great :

tumblr_nv5dwfi6Xu1uhq4nqo1_1280.png

(Source)

I LOVE these colors, wish they would put them in the game.
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    It's not my favorite hair color, but I have a couple of Sims with this blond. I would love to see more hair colors though ! Those ones looked really great :

(Source)

Don't we already have a platinum blonde on the game?
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    We have this blond which is the closest but still a bit less pale :

VVUZIIBl.png

And Caramel is close to this one, though the Caramel is a bit warmer in my mind :

5KW9d6xl.png
  • mrbmrb Posts: 176 Member
    i think the hair colors look fine.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The color has never suited me personally and I don't use it on my sims, but the more colors in the game for hair the better. It's good to see that some people enjoy it.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2016
    foussi wrote: »
    I dont why but why did they added this ugly yellowish blonde, it looks horrible and i have never seen a person with such a blonde in my Life.
    What do you think

lol, I always thought it looked like my hair does after I've bleached it (I have dark hair naturally).

I don't like to use the colour on my own sims because yeah, compared with the other blond shades I dislike it too but if I see another sim walking around with it I don't usually think it looks too bad.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    It's not blonde, it's yellow :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Agreed, I really hate it. I never use it. Though I'd rather have more options, some of which I don't use, rather than fewer.

I really wish they'd patch in those 4 colors that were posted. I loooooove them! I had some CC hair colors (a pale blonde -- Targaryen, I think :) and a strawberry blonde). I removed them because it was messing up my genetics, though they looked lovely.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yeah I'm not a fan of that colour either.
  • Twilight32Twilight32 Posts: 165 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I love this haircolor. I use it al the time
    tWwI272.jpg

ha, that girl on the right has the same color and hairstyle with my current heir!
    tumblr_mwa83vkbtE1rs4459o1_400.gif
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I somehow feel compelled to make a whole bunch of Sims with this haircolour now :D
    I think I mentioned Stephanie's brothers somewhere...
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

(Source)

I'd take plum and caramel.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I somehow feel compelled to make a whole bunch of Sims with this haircolour now :D
    Feel free to post them in the thread too :D show off the yellow ;)
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The color does look pretty good on the sims posted here. I guess its just not a color you can throw on anyone, like I think it looks fine on Dina Caliente, but not on Malcolm.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    Feel free to post them in the thread too :D show off the yellow ;)

I will do so if I find the time to make them (which may or may not take a few days). They've got cousins too, enough to fill up an 8-Sim household ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    I like it :) I pretend it's a darker sort of blond with a slight reddish shine over it. I don't use it often, then again, I rarely use platinum blond either. Or the, also unnatural, extremely-fiery-Katrina Caliente-red colour.

I think it actually looks quite lovely on your avatar. Perhaps pairing it with green gives it an appealing dandelion-y aesthetic? She looks like a dedicated gardener that dyed her hair to match her garden. :D She pulls it off.

I think we used to call it "dirty dishwater blond", where it's neither blond or really brown. Somewhere in between.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lauren5509lauren5509 Posts: 78 Member
    KBNzW90.png
    This sim of mine has that hair colour and I quite like it :smile:
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I think it looks gross like it doesn't look right imo but I would looove to see those other colors shown above!
    giphy_1.gif
  • chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I don't mind that color. I think of it as having golden hair, kind of like a fantasy feel to it.