Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    If this hasn't been mentioned before I think they should come up with aspirations for toddlers. for instance, in the sims 3 your toddlers aspiration was to just grow up (If the correct term is not aspiration please correct me on that) and let it be changeable like children. Like in Ts4, once your child completes the mental aspiration they can change to a different one and so on and so forth until they complete them all and then they start to actually gain the skills like logic and charisma. Maybe something like that can be incorporated with Toddlers with learning to walk, talk, use the potty etc?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    If this hasn't been mentioned before I think they should come up with aspirations for toddlers. for instance, in the sims 3 your toddlers aspiration was to just grow up (If the correct term is not aspiration please correct me on that) and let it be changeable like children. Like in Ts4, once your child completes the mental aspiration they can change to a different one and so on and so forth until they complete them all and then they start to actually gain the skills like logic and charisma. Maybe something like that can be incorporated with Toddlers with learning to walk, talk, use the potty etc?

and to add since that type of system is already incorporated into the game it wont be so difficult to add into the game content. then again I know nothing of computer software or things in that manner
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    In the vein of aspirations and such, I would find it funny if we could choose TRAITS for our toddlers like picky eater (gets a negative moodlet from being fed foods they don't like) and taste tester (tries to eat their toys, crayons, etc :P). Cute little traits that would grow up with a Sim (for example, picky eater could eventually become the loves food trait).

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Wolffy wrote: »
    In the vein of aspirations and such, I would find it funny if we could choose TRAITS for our toddlers like picky eater (gets a negative moodlet from being fed foods they don't like) and taste tester (tries to eat their toys, crayons, etc :P). Cute little traits that would grow up with a Sim (for example, picky eater could eventually become the loves food trait).

I must have had the taste tester one then cause I was always chewing on things.Toys, carpet...younger sibling...LOL
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    skyeskraperskyeskraper Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm going to be greedy and say that it would be cool if they added three more life stages. Toddler, kindergartner, and preteen. It would complete the sims life stages and that way you wouldn't have a bunch of kids the same age. I'm a family player and so I like to have a big family with lots of little ones in my household and it gets a little boring when they all look the same age but they're technically not.
    1.Blowing bubbles needs to make a comeback
    2.slip-in-slides, as young as toddlers can use them and as old as elders
    3. the little toy cars that require the toddlers to push with their feet
    4. A walker for the toddlers as an additional option to teach them to walk
    5. Toddlers can also dance ( As a nanny, my little munchkins always loved to get down whenever they heard a song they liked!)
    6. Singing, especially when they're going potty. If kindergarten is added, they can sing on the toilet. (In the past I worked at a K- junior high school and I would often hear the kindergartners singing in the bathrooms, lol.)
    7. Eating crayons, eating sand, eating dog food when pets are added
    8. baby swings so that toddlers can swing as well as the older ages
    9. The ability to ask for a snack when hungry. ( my little munchkins are ALWAYS asking for snacks)
    10. play hide and seek
    11. Play peekaboo
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I'm going to be greedy and say that it would be cool if they added three more life stages. Toddler, kindergartner, and preteen. It would complete the sims life stages and that way you wouldn't have a bunch of kids the same age. I'm a family player and so I like to have a big family with lots of little ones in my household and it gets a little boring when they all look the same age but they're technically not.
    1.Blowing bubbles needs to make a comeback
    2.slip-in-slides, as young as toddlers can use them and as old as elders
    3. the little toy cars that require the toddlers to push with their feet
    4. A walker for the toddlers as an additional option to teach them to walk
    5. Toddlers can also dance ( As a nanny, my little munchkins always loved to get down whenever they heard a song they liked!)
    6. Singing, especially when they're going potty. If kindergarten is added, they can sing on the toilet. (In the past I worked at a K- junior high school and I would often hear the kindergartners singing in the bathrooms, lol.)
    7. Eating crayons, eating sand, eating dog food when pets are added
    8. baby swings so that toddlers can swing as well as the older ages
    9. The ability to ask for a snack when hungry. ( my little munchkins are ALWAYS asking for snacks)
    10. play hide and seek
    11. Play peekaboo

I wanna be greedy too! 3 more life stages sounds amazing! well, we can dream at least:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited July 2016
    Deleted so I can move it because while it was about tots, it wasn't ideas for the wee ones.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Thank you @ladybreid <3

No problem :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    People want toddlers SO bad but I don't think it's going to happen. It would be a lot of work at this point. It's like a conspiracy.
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    Now that we know the next EP is not coming soon, (it's probably going to be released in December), it makes more sense for this thread to be sticked.
    If the next EP really is Generations, then they would have had 10 months to work on the ideas posted here in this thread.

Don't give up hope on toddlers just yet!
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    edited July 2016
    noxxims wrote: »
    People want toddlers SO bad but I don't think it's going to happen. It would be a lot of work at this point. It's like a conspiracy.

=(
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    @XopaxPax That's a good point and I really do hope they give us a generation ep in Nov or Dec. I also think it could be a pets ep because of all the pet themed objects and hints they've been giving us. I still really have high hopes for generations and toddlers coming in a free update beforehand. And the same goes for preteens, because it'll just be easier to build off of. It would be a pretty huge update so idk. Lol I got my fingers crossed that it's generations though. :)
  • Options
    RestlessJukeboxRestlessJukebox Posts: 69 Member
    noxxims wrote: »

Awh don't say that! There's always hope unless EA tells us that they won't give us toddlers! We just don't have to be moping around waiting for it!
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    You guys have to check out the trailer on the Italian facebook page for backyard stuff, check out that someone is wearing sunscreen and check out the baby who for some reason seems more animated and leaning more towards a toddler, am I seeing things. Please let me know what you think.
  • Options
    click on the first video listed with the umbrella table
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    @ANNETTE1951 Yeah I've seem that video and the baby does look a little bit more lively than usual. Hopefully this means they're hinting at toddlers coming soon. :)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Drake said there were no toddler hints in the teaser
    (Not trying to be negative, just letting others know,)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    There's no hints towards toddlers in this, but I'm a bit confused why the baby looks so much more alive in this one. It isn't the same one we have in the US, and it's not from any previous renders (as far as I know), so why'd they make a new one just for the Italian version of the teaser?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    There's no hints towards toddlers in this, but I'm a bit confused why the baby looks so much more alive in this one. It isn't the same one we have in the US, and it's not from any previous renders (as far as I know), so why'd they make a new one just for the Italian version of the teaser?
    It's the same as the baby in the US trailer (at least the gif, I haven't seen the US video trailer). It also looks near identical to the "Be Proud in The Sims 4" render baby.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    it is definitely a wide awake baby, older than the infants we have in our game, if you read the comments made on the Italian facebook page, a few of them say that they think it is a hint towards toddlers but once again, if the hints are being denied, who knows
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    OMG

I hope they put in an action where the toddler sim can walk with kids, teens & adults like this around the street or park
    walking-with-toddler-on-road.jpg

it could be like a 'walk with toddler' action
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    BethanyXXBethanyXX Posts: 118 Member
    it is definitely a wide awake baby, older than the infants we have in our game, if you read the comments made on the Italian facebook page, a few of them say that they think it is a hint towards toddlers but once again, if the hints are being denied, who knows

its the same rendered baby they put in all of the pictures i think there just trying to hint towards nannies or portable cribs other than that im pretty sure this is not a toddler
    04-23-16_10-27-23nbspPM_zpslfjmbgef.png
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    guys please stay on topic