Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    MattySuperMattySuper Posts: 2 New Member
    Toddlers please!!!!
  • Options
    MattySuperMattySuper Posts: 2 New Member
    I love toddlers
  • Options
    theafricansimtheafricansim Posts: 114 Member
    @sparkfairy1 That's a really comprehensive and well thought list! I totally agree with interaction across different generations would be vital (e.g. grandparents developing a special relationship with them, teens babysitting them, etc) and would add interactions with animals/wildlife too: like fascinated by frogs, scared of bugs, and hopefully at some point playing with pets. I don't remember if you mentioned sandboxes but that would be nice too. Oh and seaside outfits with buckets and rakes! :p
    "The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises." Leo Buscaglia -
    d1FRKNs.jpg

• Options
    geminilala08geminilala08 Posts: 13 New Member
    I was thinking that since a great amount of people dont want toddlers and a great amount do, it should be a on/off switch for toddlers. I think that would make both sides happy.

FYI im one of those that actually want toddlers and i loved seeing my little one crawl and grow into a child on the sims 3.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2016
    I was thinking that since a great amount of people dont want toddlers and a great amount do, it should be a on/off switch for toddlers. I think that would make both sides happy.

FYI im one of those that actually want toddlers and i loved seeing my little one crawl and grow into a child on the sims 3.
    In order for that to be fair, it would have to apply to all the life stages equally. I wouldn't mind an age slider make a return.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jbestxoxojbestxoxo Posts: 271 Member
    Toddlers are so necessary !!! Please let this be real that they will come eventually
  • Options
    flosiovisflosiovis Posts: 34 Member
    Toddlers & pets is what I most want to see! Especially together. Babies and puppies are so friggin adorable... and also big messes.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

They can just age the toddler up immediately, I guess I don't understand why this is such an issue for some people.
  • Options
    SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    Newbie question, but why is this labeled "announcement"?
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    Simmz wrote: »
    Newbie question, but why is this labeled "announcement"?

So people can share their ideas and hopefully Sims staff will respond in some way. It's also some hope to see toddler coming back.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I'm really hoping we get toddlers back soon. :)
  • Options
    PrincessAngel12056PrincessAngel12056 Posts: 2 New Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I think that if/when they will add toddlers to TS4, they HAVE TO update babies as well! They just need to! I also think that teens should get improvements as well! Preteens would be great too! Please hear us Maxis <3@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruRachel @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruSarah

Unfortunately, I believe we are dependent on EA. Maxis was recently shut down. Though I bring bad news, I bring suggestions. <Please note, I've only played Sims 3, which is a cesspool of crash even though this has been almost a year-long fixing process.> I want Expansion crossover tie-ins, like family being able to take sick days and take their children, toddlers and/or child sims, to the hospital from GTW. <Also, please add tamer sicknesses for toddlers and children. It is depressing to see mostly children in the hospital. Maybe EA can make all medicine on market to purchase and child sims can order it for themselves, for their younger siblings, or for the rest of the family. A quick medicine taking would be much better as opposed to a hospital visit.>

*I want toddlers to be patched in, too, but have and on/off switch, as suggested by someone else on this Hundred-page forum.

*Please unbind babies from the cribs. Babies are not an object, and you treat them as smelly screaming voice files. Flesh out the babies more. Let them be carried, pushed in strollers, et cetera.

*Toddlers are ESSENTIAL in every sense of the word in these games. This is not a life simulator, a family based game. It is a partying Sim. Add toddlers or lose my money. Add interesting content, pets, zoos, supernaturals, quit it with parties, selfies and everything stupid-popular in the 2010s, and give me something interesting, or you lose the money. Go to your family building roots and repair this game correctly. Nannies are a step in the correct direction. Keep going and return to your rooted home-base. I want to start a hashtag to show EA. I have only Google+, but I'll spread it. #EAPurchasingStrike . I will fight for this, and I hope someone joins me. Thanks, and PLEASE confirm or deny. It's YES or NO @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruRachel @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruSarah .
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I'm hopeful that they will reappear! I like toddlers (and puppy's and kittens!) Since we know have the nanny in a free update, I'm hopeful that they will be coming soon.
  • Options

Maybe switches for all ages of off and on. It'll make more sense. If people think toddler or preteens are unnecessary, they can turn them off. Simple so people would shut up.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I have asked over and over for people not to use this as a discussion thread unless it is Ideas for toddlers only. This request was echoed by Sim Guru Drake in the initial post and further posts since.

Please respect this and take discussion over toddlers and appeasing those who don't like them or whether EA will provide them or not elsewhere because that is not the purpose of this thread and therefore only derails it.

It is not fair to those who have provided wonderful feedback on their visions of what their ideal toddler represents and who have heeded the request of the OP and community manager in doing so. Thank you.
  • Options
    I have asked over and over for people not to use this as a discussion thread unless it is Ideas for toddlers only. This request was echoed by Sim Guru Drake in the initial post and further posts since.

Please respect this and take discussion over toddlers and appeasing those who don't like them or whether EA will provide them or not elsewhere because that is not the purpose of this thread and therefore only derails it.

It is not fair to those who have provided wonderful feedback on their visions of what their ideal toddler represents and who have heeded the request of the OP and community manager in doing so. Thank you.

I don't understand people sometimes and their problems with derailing treads. Obviously too blind too see which is annoying.

People be like:
    resized_the_most_interesting_man_in_the_world_me.jpg

My reaction:
    324749.png
    I-mrdvkopRdfr5BZsIslBvjBMQk.png

In both Sims 2 and 3, I noticed the lack of interactions betweem toddlers and children. Same with Sims Freeplay. More interactions would be nice.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

I agree. Maybe toddlers should be a bit more chubbier (I don't mind skinny or fat toddlers at all!). The height was perfect though. Maybe toddlers should have weight sliders as well?

I felt previous toddlers represented older toddlers (3-4...my 4yr is chunky and pretty heavy and I mean very heavy), but acted like 7-month-old inafnts (I'm around one!). Toddlers should be well balanced (already now how to walk when the age but can still crawl). They should be exactly like Sims Freeplay toddlers!

Wow. Your post has been incredibly enlightening in a totally unexpected way.

The thing that was most eye-opening to me is that EA has obviously put a lot more time and thought into the so-called "Free to Play" offering than they have the PC/Mac game. Not only are the toddler models more believable (though, I don't like how adult-like the clothes are), the interactions between adults and toddlers are endearing. Could an adult actually push a child on a swing in any of the other PC iterations? Hell, could a toddler even use the swing? I don't believe that they could.

Hmmmm.

It's really disheartening that the publishers/developers feel that it was too "difficult" or "time-consuming" to create the same kind of gameplay as they have already offered on a mobile platform. I mean, PCs and Macs are much more robust machines by nature. If a mobile game can offer swings and toddler-specific game play? Why weren't we given that in the base game as we had in other iterations since TS2? Obviously, they are capable. Or are we supposed to believe that the mobile team has more finesse and skills then the teams working on the PC/Mac versions?

I guess that the effort was better spent on a game with a financial model built to nickel and dime the fans for every little thing. That is to say, nickel and dime them even more blatantly than the PC/Mac versions do.

I'm really bummed right now.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    There's some really cute toddler concept art I saw floating around on the internet that I think is the PERFECT amount of chub for Sims 4 toddlers. <3 I'll add it into this post once I find it.
  • Options
    flosiovis wrote: »
    There's some really cute toddler concept art I saw floating around on the internet that I think is the PERFECT amount of chub for Sims 4 toddlers. <3 I'll add it into this post once I find it.

I don't know how to edit posts so I'll just put it here.

s31.postimg.org/ 4l8txjhnt/simp .jpg
  • Options
    BethanyXXBethanyXX Posts: 118 Member
    edited July 2016
    @flosiovis they are soo cute if toddlers are anything like this that would be amazing really good concept art <3
    04-23-16_10-27-23nbspPM_zpslfjmbgef.png
  • Options
    @BethanyXX Now that there's complete outfit customization (I went from Sims 2 directly to Sims 4) I am so hype at even the idea of toddlers because cute little outfits like those are so easy to make now!! T_T <3 The best part about babies & toddlers is the adorable clothing, the strollers, the decoration... and their mischief too I guess LOL
  • Options

I don't know how to edit posts so I'll just put it here.

s31.postimg.org/ 4l8txjhnt/simp .jpg

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I love the idea of weight or body sliders for toddlers. Also someone being able to comfort a toddler that got in trouble, had a toy taken away or fell down. :)
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

I agree. Maybe toddlers should be a bit more chubbier (I don't mind skinny or fat toddlers at all!). The height was perfect though. Maybe toddlers should have weight sliders as well?

I felt previous toddlers represented older toddlers (3-4...my 4yr is chunky and pretty heavy and I mean very heavy), but acted like 7-month-old inafnts (I'm around one!). Toddlers should be well balanced (already now how to walk when the age but can still crawl). They should be exactly like Sims Freeplay toddlers!

Wow. Your post has been incredibly enlightening in a totally unexpected way.

The thing that was most eye-opening to me is that EA has obviously put a lot more time and thought into the so-called "Free to Play" offering than they have the PC/Mac game. Not only are the toddler models more believable (though, I don't like how adult-like the clothes are), the interactions between adults and toddlers are endearing. Could an adult actually push a child on a swing in any of the other PC iterations? plum, could a toddler even use the swing? I don't believe that they could.

Hmmmm.

It's really disheartening that the publishers/developers feel that it was too "difficult" or "time-consuming" to create the same kind of gameplay as they have already offered on a mobile platform. I mean, PCs and Macs are much more robust machines by nature. If a mobile game can offer swings and toddler-specific game play? Why weren't we given that in the base game as we had in other iterations since TS2? Obviously, they are capable. Or are we supposed to believe that the mobile team has more finesse and skills then the teams working on the PC/Mac versions?

I guess that the effort was better spent on a game with a financial model built to nickel and dime the fans for every little thing. That is to say, nickel and dime them even more blatantly than the PC/Mac versions do.

I'm really bummed right now.

Ha ha thanks! It's kind of a shame that Freeplay toddlers are more lively than PC toddlers. I never really understood why Sims 2 and 3 toddlers have to be meh. It so obvious that the mobile Sims team is much more creative than the Sims 4 team. Lol, Sims 4 devs need lessons from the Sims Freeplay on how to make toddlers better than before. Hopefully, they will take note.