Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I remember @Gruffman suggesting babies being taught to sit up. I wouldn't mind that for toddlers. I also think it would be cute if they had the option to wean from the bottle. An interaction to pat their back and hear them burp would be cute too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    As per @jimmysnan's idea, I think I would also like ways to speed up the process of training the tiny tots. She suggested an active daycare that could be used to teach them how to walk, talk, and go potty. I wouldn't mind an education EP myself with preschool-university for all the life stages to use and teach them.

I also hope that like with the Sims 3 store, there are cool objects that toddlers can use that can speed up the training process. I hope that the Nanny NPC can train them to do things too. Hopefully smart milk can return too since that was just really great.

I guess point being there should be options for allowing Sims to train their own children or have a NPC or daycare do it for them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NeveraNevera Posts: 6 New Member
    Toddlers should draw on walls and make messes in the bathroom.
    Play dress up
    Drink out of sippy cups or juice boxes
    Dance to music
    Sit on furniture
    Climb on furniture
  • Options
    maorg12maorg12 Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi guys,
    It's always fun for me when people are linking me this theard in Tumblr, telling me that someone mention my art. Thank you.
    flosiovis wrote: »
    @BethanyXX Now that there's complete outfit customization (I went from Sims 2 directly to Sims 4) I am so hype at even the idea of toddlers because cute little outfits like those are so easy to make now!! T_T <3 The best part about babies & toddlers is the adorable clothing, the strollers, the decoration... and their mischief too I guess LOL
    Actualy it took me a decent amount of time making those outfit hehe..but I'm glad it seems easy, that was the purpose :)

If you want to read more about each toddler and the idea behind him (It's just me babbling, really..)
    Warning: it's longgg and overanalyzed -
    It's from left to right:

tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo1_r1_1280.jpg[img][/img]
    First one: She was the first (and last) full body toddler I made (actually I made her for another concept art: "baby to teen" ).
    she had a grey romper and I wasn't very pleased with it because at that point, four of six babies I made had a lot of grey in their outfits. So I decided that after I'll finish all of the nine I'll come back to her and change the color of her outfit. I tried a lot of colors and none of them worked for me. Eventually I made her a rainbow romper- and it turn out great. The romper and the lack of shoes are something that I will expect to see in baby-gym class or in a soft play area- toddlers are full of energy: they run, climb, fall over...and that something I want to see in the game.

Second one: Unlike the first baby, here I knew exactly what I wanted to show. He supposed to look like the generic baby BOY that's growing up in a traditional gender role family. That's why I choose the most boyish color palette I could think of (orange, blue, green, brown and grey). I can imagine him surrounded by balls, watching and playing sports games with his father. I will like to see (more) interaction between young sims (toddlers and children) and other sims, also seeing them developing a distinct personality at an early age- having different intrest (sport, art, dancing etc..), likes and dislikes. The other thing that I wanted to show is the seasonal aspect, but more on that in the third toddler.

Third one: this little one was so much fun to make, especially drawing the little strawberrys :*
    Along with seasons, I can see a lot of seasonal activities for toddlers. such as swimming in a pool or in the ocean (with floaties or with the help of an adult\teen) splashing in a kiddie pool or in a puddle, playing with leaves, snow and Sprinklers...
    Other than that I wanted to give her a very outgoing personality, in my eyes she's very playful and happy toddler that's full of energy and laughter- that's why I drew her with a big smiley face :blush:

tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo2_r1_1280.jpg[img][/img]
    First one: People on tumblr referred to her as the "Ballerina toddler" but I actually intended her to be a flower girl- this is suppose to be a formal outfit. Neh never mind :pI want to see toddler walking in a wedding with flowers\ rings, dancing (well kinda), eating cake..
    I hate the bottom of the dress, I could have definitely drew it better..

Second one: I really enjoyed drawing his samurai hair. Interaction that are related to bedtime: being read to, sneaking out of crib/bed, cuddling with a stuffed animal, share a bed with a sibling/parent, jump on bed or in crib, play with crib toys, having nightmares, Bed-wetting...

Third one: The swagger one hehe, and one of my personal favorite. At first I draw her a very vivid gold & black shoes but I thought it's a bit too much so I redrew them. I tried to draw her with a big personality, in my eyes she's the kind of toddler that get along perfect with adults but not so good with other toddlers.

tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo3_r1_1280.jpg[img][/img]
    First one: With a pink dress, pearls, rosy cheeks, blonde hair and blue eyes- If the first boy was the generic baby boy then she's the generic baby girl. In my eyes she's more mature than the others, more into pretending, nurturing and fine motor skills activities than gross motor skills activities. Confession: at the end, I got tired of drawing her so this is why her socks (ye it's socks..) looks so ugh.

Second one: The little surfer one. I imagine him with cool laid-back parents (it would be nice to have different Parenting Styles) and therefore he's very independent toddler. In my eyes he's a strong-willed, nature-lover kid that has a lot of charm. Definitely will grow up to be a ladykiller ;)

Third one: Again one of my favorite. It took me a lot of time just to think of what I want from her outfit. It looks like a mixture of traditional German style and kawaii style. I can see her as a very quiet toddler with a shy personality- gentle and very sweet. I imagine her playing mostly alone or with a very close sim, mainly entertaining herself while not opening easily to others.

So the two main things I would want if toddlers was an option:
    • Different personality types and interest- makes them a little Individuals from each other (also true for children in the current situation).
    • Enough interaction between them and the environment that surrounding them.

Besides from the toddlers concept art I created a toddler room based on this boys room:
    tod.jpg[img]for full size-https://s32.postimg.org/bsv28yc1v/tod.jpg[/img]
    Again thank you guys. :)
    Post edited by maorg12 on
  • Options
    SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    maorg12 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    It's always fun for me when people are linking me this theard in Tumblr, telling me that someone mention my art. Thank you.
    @BethanyXX Now that there's complete outfit customization (I went from Sims 2 directly to Sims 4) I am so hype at even the idea of toddlers because cute little outfits like those are so easy to make now!! T_T <3 The best part about babies & toddlers is the adorable clothing, the strollers, the decoration... and their mischief too I guess LOL
    Actualy it took me a decent amount of time making those outfit hehe..but I'm glad it seems easy, that was the purpose :)

If you want to read more about each toddler and the idea behind him (It's just me babbling, really..)
    Warning: it's longgg and overanalyze -
    It's from left to right:

tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo1_r1_1280.jpg[img][/img]
    First one: She was the first (and last) full body toddler I made (actually I made her for another concept art: "baby to teen" ).
    she had a grey romper and I wasn't very pleased with it because at that point, four of six babies I made had a lot of grey in their outfits. So I decided that after I'll finish all of the nine I'll come back to her and change the color of her outfit. I tried a lot of colors and none of them worked for me. Eventually I made her a rainbow romper- and it turn out great. The romper and the lack of shoes are something that I will expect to see in baby-gym class or in a soft play area- toddlers are full of energy: they run, climb, fall over...and that something I want to see in the game.

Second one: Unlike the first baby, here I knew exactly what I wanted to show. He supposed to look like the generic baby BOY that's growing up in a traditional gender role family. That's why I choose the most boyish color palette I could think of (orange, blue, green, brown and grey). I can imagine him surrounded by balls, watching and playing sports games with his father. I will like to see (more) interaction between young sims (toddlers and children) and other sims, also seeing them developing a distinct personality at an early age- having different intrest (sport, art, dancing etc..), likes and dislikes. The other thing that I wanted to show is the seasonal aspect, but more on that in the third toddler.

Third one: this little one was so much fun to make, especially drawing the little strawberrys :*
    Along with seasons, I can see a lot of seasonal activities for toddlers. such as swimming in a pool or in the ocean (with floaties or with the help of an adult\teen) splashing in a kiddie pool or in a puddle, playing with leaves, snow and Sprinklers...
    Other than that I wanted to give her a very outgoing personality, in my eyes she's very playful and happy toddler that's full of energy and laughter- that's why I drew her with a big smiley face :blush:

tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo2_r1_1280.jpg[img][/img]
    First one: People on tumblr referred to her as the "Ballerina toddler" but I actually intended her to be a flower girl- this is suppose to be a formal outfit. Neh never mind :pI want to see toddler walking in a wedding with flowers\ rings, dancing (well kinda), eating cake..

Second one: I really enjoyed drawing his samurai hair. Interaction that are related to bedtime: being read to, sneaking out of crib/bed, cuddling with a stuffed animal, share a bed with a sibling/parent, jump on bed or in crib, play with crib toys, having nightmares, Bed-wetting...

Third one: The swagger one hehe, and one of my personal favorite. At first I draw her a very vivid gold & black shoes but I thought it's a bit too much so I redrew them. I tried to draw her with a big personality, in my eyes she's the kind of toddler that get along perfect with adults but not so good with other toddlers.

tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo3_r1_1280.jpg[img][/img]
    First one: With a pink dress, pearls, rosy cheeks, blonde hair and blue eyes- If the first boy was the generic baby boy then she's the generic baby girl. In my eyes she's more mature than the others, more into pretending, nurturing and fine motor skills activities than gross motor skills activities. Confession: at the end, I got tired of drawing her so this is why her socks (ye it's socks..) looks so ugh.

Second one: The little surfer one. I imagine him with cool laid-back parents (it would be nice to have different Parenting Styles) and therefore he's very independent toddler. In my eyes he's a strong-willed, nature-lover kid that has a lot of charm. Definitely will grow up to be a ladykiller ;)

Third one: Again one of my favorite. It took me a lot of time just to think of what I want from her outfit. It looks like a mixture of traditional German style and kawaii style. I can see her as a very quiet toddler with a shy personality- gentle and very sweet. I imagine her playing mostly alone or with a very close sim, mainly entertaining herself while not opening easily to others.

• Different personality types and interest- makes them a little Individuals from each other (also true for children in the current situation).

Besides from the toddlers concept art I created a toddler room based on this boys room:
    tod.jpg[img]for full size-https://s32.postimg.org/bsv28yc1v/tod.jpg[/img]

oh my god your art is so cute and the toddlers you drew are so cute. AND I ADORE YOUR IDEAS!!! i wish they will be implemeted, all of them, into sims 4 :)
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    HanasofiaHanasofia Posts: 33 Member
    maorg12 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Warning: it's longgg and overanalyzed -
    It's from left to right:
    First one: She was the first (and last) full body toddler I made (actually I made her for another concept art:

Besides from the toddlers concept art I created a toddler room based on this:

Nice picture! Best toddler room ever!
  • Options
    Rethka786Rethka786 Posts: 144 Member
    I would love to expand the teen babysitting career and make it an active career (only if you have GTW). I love the idea of having walking and talking skills (instead of just having an adult just tell them) and having them build them up and when they reach the top skill level they walk and talk properly and if they don't get to the top levels it has a knock-on effect in their future and they have to carry on learning how to in their child life stage.
  • Options
    nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    All the ideas here are just so freaking awesome!! I don't think I can come up with anything original at this point so I second, third and forth everything that was said!! Everyone is so creative and realistic; maybe EA will be too....
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Options
    That room is just so adorable @maorg12.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I love this, I hope Maxis if they make toddlers adopt at least a few of these
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have removed my tagging, someone took it too far
    Post edited by DcD2510 on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @DcD2510 - The topic was pinned by a SimGuru. You probably really don't need to tag anyone.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    maorg12maorg12 Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2016
    Thank you all :)
    I might make a more 'girly' room in the future.
  • Options
    tasteofsweetnesstasteofsweetness Posts: 131 Member
    Nevera wrote: »
    Play dress up
    Dance to music
    Sit on furniture
    Climb on furniture

This. Please EA I beg you lol :D
    tumblr_nm1mkrBH4m1ruagyno5_1280.jpg

~tasteofsweetness - Living the Simming Life since late 2000 Sims 3~
    Christmas Cheer ~ Holiday Vibes

• Options
    Fox CunningFox Cunning Posts: 15 Member
    Play dress up
    Dance to music
    Sit on furniture
    Climb on furniture

I second this, too :smiley:
    I used to draw and walls all the time and climb on just anything when I was a toddler :blush:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Play dress up
    Dance to music
    Sit on furniture
    Climb on furniture

I second this, too :smiley:
    I used to draw and walls all the time and climb on just anything when I was a toddler :blush:

So you all want toddlers to be able to do things lids can't do now? (Except sit)
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    So you all want toddlers to be able to do things lids can't do now? (Except sit)

Oh, I'd be happy if all sims could draw on walls... But as an adult I can't climb on most furniture anymore - how can you climb on a bedside table when you are three times as tall as that? :D
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Oh, I'd be happy if all sims could draw on walls... But as an adult I can't climb on most furniture anymore - how can you climb on a bedside table when you are three times as tall as that? :D

Maybe they could add "draw on walls" for childish sims and elder sims in the last days of life.
  • Options
    Maybe they could add "draw on walls" for childish sims and elder sims in the last days of life.

Childish, maybe also Insane, and elder sims, that would be just perfect! Not holding my breath for this to happen, but one can dream.
  • Options
    SimmerMiaaSimmerMiaa Posts: 104 Member
    i love all these ideas
  • Options
    HanasofiaHanasofia Posts: 33 Member

@SimGuruAzure @SimGuruAce @SimGuruAims @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruArgus @SimGuruBrent @SimGuruBChick @SimGuruBritt @SimGuruBeast @SimGuruBogey @SimGuruCopeland @SimGuruCollin @SimGuruConnicus @SimGuruCoop @SimGuruCupcake @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruDrea @SimGuruDave @SimGuruDan @SimGuruEugi @SimGuruEmma @SimGuruEmory @SimGuruEngineer @SimGuruEvan @SimGuruFont @SimGuruFourEyes @SimGuruFooLiz @SimGuruFates @SimGuruFizzy @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruGim @SimGuruGoopy @SimGuruGnome @SimGuruHydra @SimGuruHolms @SimGuruHouts @SimGuruHayes @SimGuruHolmes @SimGuruInky @SimGuruJenn @SimGuruJohn @SimGuruJill @SimGuruJim @SimGuruJanitor @SimGuruKegi @SimGuruKelly @SimGuruKyle @SimGuruKitty @SimGuruKarsky @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruLily @SimGuruLakshmi @SimGuruLaylaika @SimGuruLucinda @SimGuruModSquad @SimGuruMeatball @SimGuruMax @SimGuruMartini @SimGuruMegs @SimGuruNita @SimGuruNick @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruNeel @SimGuruNerd @SimGuruPopTart @SimGuruPanda @SimGuruPJ @SimGuruPepsi @SimGuruPidgeo @SimGuruRusskii @SimGuruRay @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruRandom @SimGuruReid @SimGuruSarah @SimGuruSmitty @SimGuruSteve @SimGuruShouren @SimGuruSparks @SimGuruTaterTot @SimGuruTrue @SimGuruTing @SimGuruTopher @SimGuruTom @SimGuruVampyrnide @SimGuruVictor @SimGuruViv @SimGuruWalrus @SimGuruWatson @SimguruWebQA @SimGuruWeb @SimGuruWarlern @SimGuruXav @SimGuruYokley @SimGuruZephyr @SimGuruZero @SimGuru_BGY_11 @SimGuru_Myri @SimGuru_Vixit @SimGuru_Tolli @SimGuru_Fuchur

@SimGuruAzure @SimGuruAce @SimGuruAims @SimGuruArvin @SimGuruArgus @SimGuruBrent @SimGuruBChick @SimGuruBritt @SimGuruBeast @SimGuruBogey @SimGuruCopeland @SimGuruCollin @SimGuruConnicus @SimGuruCoop @SimGuruCupcake @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruDrea @SimGuruDave @SimGuruDan @SimGuruEugi @SimGuruEmma @SimGuruEmory @SimGuruEngineer @SimGuruEvan @SimGuruFont @SimGuruFourEyes @SimGuruFooLiz @SimGuruFates @SimGuruFizzy @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruGim @SimGuruGoopy @SimGuruGnome @SimGuruHydra @SimGuruHolms @SimGuruHouts @SimGuruHayes @SimGuruHolmes @SimGuruInky @SimGuruJenn @SimGuruJohn @SimGuruJill @SimGuruJim @SimGuruJanitor @SimGuruKegi @SimGuruKelly @SimGuruKyle @SimGuruKitty @SimGuruKarsky @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruLily @SimGuruLakshmi @SimGuruLaylaika @SimGuruLucinda @SimGuruModSquad @SimGuruMeatball @SimGuruMax @SimGuruMartini @SimGuruMegs @SimGuruNita @SimGuruNick @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruNeel @SimGuruNerd @SimGuruPopTart @SimGuruPanda @SimGuruPJ @SimGuruPepsi @SimGuruPidgeo @SimGuruRusskii @SimGuruRay @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruRandom @SimGuruReid @SimGuruSarah @SimGuruSmitty @SimGuruSteve @SimGuruShouren @SimGuruSparks @SimGuruTaterTot @SimGuruTrue @SimGuruTing @SimGuruTopher @SimGuruTom @SimGuruVampyrnide @SimGuruVictor @SimGuruViv @SimGuruWalrus @SimGuruWatson @SimguruWebQA @SimGuruWeb @SimGuruWarlern @SimGuruXav @SimGuruYokley @SimGuruZephyr @SimGuruZero @SimGuru_BGY_11 @SimGuru_Myri @SimGuru_Vixit @SimGuru_Tolli @SimGuru_Fuchur

• Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    please guy for heaven sake stop. bugging them like tagging them in isn't gonna make them go any faster. i know people is restless but this is for ideas sharing for the toddlers not tagging gurus.

i think having toddlers 'dress' themselves would be rather adorable. have the splash in the puddles or have them draw on the walls and maybe get a timeout for drawing on the wall.

i love love love your design for a little boys room @maorg12 and your toddlers *squishes cheeks*
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Saw this and it reminded me of the forums:

13938348_491331294399100_3332983873422128814_n.jpg?oh=c507dae095888d6016f8cbe81326acf6&oe=5854045E

Not intended to offend anyone, except Pokémon Go players of course ;)

Have a nice day :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    Maddanna wrote: »
    I think they should make toddlers able to eat ice cream, pastries from gtw and pizza. They should let the nutritional value of what the toddlers eat affect the rate of skill learning and mood of the toddler throughout the day. Also breastfeeding should still be available until a reasonable level in the eating skill, the eating skill would initially progress through bottle feeding.

Very good Idea Maddanna, It's just what the Sims needs for toddlers, hope that comes out in TS4.
  • Options
    ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    Also with the swimming pool. There should be a swimming skills, where Sims can't swim and have to learn over time. Instead of just being perfect swimmers. Sims that can't swim will not go to the deep end, where pools should have a shallow end.