Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMply Mafia Game over, Mafia wins

RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Welcome darlings to this wonderful game of SIMply Mafia. The Landgraab family have been causing utter mayhem recently in Sunset Valley. Their extravagant lifestyle has just gone too far and it needs to stop. It's clear they have the local government paid off because they have done nothing to stop them.

The final straw came this week. Nancy, Geoffrey and that pesky little Malcolm have decided that the one mansion they have just isn't big enough, they need a new one. And where are they going to put their new mansion? In the place of the local school!! (won't somebody think of the children)
The townspeople have had enough, they're going to get rid of them... by force.

They've come together now, a strong group of the strongest townies you can imagine. They have their pickets ready. Some of the pickets have pictures of clowns, some have messages that seem to say "no llamas", there's a unicorn in the middle of the protest... it's all a mess really... but they will win.

Of course the Landgraabs aren't above playing their own dirty games, under the cover of night townies seem to be going missing one by one.. River Mc Irish was first to go trapped in a room without doors, then Thornton Wolffe who seemed to eat a mysterious jelly bean.

Who will be next? These last few remaining townies won't just stand by and let the Landgraabs pick them off one by one, they can fight just as dirty. If they find any Landgraab during their daily protests and searches, it's straight to the pool without ladders for them!

One thing the townies don't know yet though.. is a familiar face has come to visit... he's not here to help. Don Lothario has heard about all the uproar in the town, and has decided he has a massive opportunity here. There is a town full of vulnerable and upset women (some of them soon to be widows) just crying out for a hero. He isn't the hero Sunset Valley asked for... nor is he the hero they deserve. He's basically just there to annoy people.

So, who's side are you on? Are you a gallant Liam O'Dourke?
Are you a scummy Nancy Landgraab? Or are you an Agnes Crumplebottom, destined to be one of Don Lotharios harem members?

Before you sign up you need to know that
  • This game will run from Friday 19th Feb, from around 6pm GMT and will end probably on Sunday 21st Feb. No specific end time, it really depends.
  • You should be free for most of it not all of this time in order to sign up.
  • You don't need to play sims3 or any sims game for this, it's a forum game.
Post edited by Rockleyfamily on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    *puts on strict teacher voice*
    Very important rules. Read carefully

You need to make sure you are available for most of if not all of the weekend to play this game. Of course you can't be here 24/7 but try be around as much as possible.
    Anyone missing for over 24 hours will be MODKILLED.

I will use randomiser to assign roles to every player. I will private mail you with your characters name and information about your role.
    Directly quoting this private mail into the game thread will result in a MOD KILL.

Mafia members will be added into a group chat with me to discuss who they want to kill. They will place their kill at night.

Any other night actions must be sent to me via private mail during the night.

Game talk can only take place during the day, you can chat during night if you want, but no game talk.

No editing your posts, we don't care about spelling mistakes. If you have more to add then make a new post quoting your previous one if you wish.

No writing in code or in any language other than English, especially during day time.

If you are dead, please don't interfere with the game during day, you can post freely at night like a well behaved ghost should.

Official votes placed must be in bold Like so Vote:Rockley or, Unvote if you wish to cancel your vote.

Once a player has been lynched or killed, their character name and role will be revealed.

Once you are dead you may join the afterlife chat thread if you want to find out everyones' role. Once you join the afterlife and become all knowing, you cannot rejoin the game again.

The game will begin at day time with a deadline. By the deadline, if there is a majority vote, this person will be lynched. If there is a tie or if a no-lynch is chosen then nobody will be lynched.

Feel free to ask any questions you have here, or by private mail if it is a role specific question.

Have fun

Be cool

Be nice....well...as nice as you can be when you're trying to murder people.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Set up

This game is going to have an open set up. By that, it means you guys will be aware of the possible roles people could have in this game. Some of these roles may not appear in the game depending on numbers.

Baddies
    Malcolm Landgraab- Mafia Godfather.
    Even though Malcolm is only a child, he runs the show. If a Cop investigates the Godfather, he will show up as innocent.

Geoffery Landgraab- Mafia Goon
    A baddie who is a follower of his main boss Malcolm.

Nancy Landgraab - Corruptible Mafia Goon.
    Nancy is a goon, just like her husband. However, if Don Lothario finds her, she will join his cult and leave her Mafia family behind.

If you are a baddie, you will be in a private chat with me. Each night you will choose who from the rest of the players you wish to kill. Mafia can also participate in the day time part of the game and vote for players. The mafia win when there is the same amount of mafia players left in the game as there are regular players

Kinda Baddie
    Don Lothario - Cult recruiter
    Don is only looking out for himself and his needs. He is here to recruit all the beautiful women into his cult.
    Don can only recruit female characters, this includes Nancy Landgraab.
    If Don finds Nina or Dina Caliente and recruits them, he will become immune to night kills.

The cult will win when there more than half of the players of the game have been recruited to the cult. If Don gets lynched or killed, anyone he has recruited will remain in the cult, they can't recruit any other people though.

The Goodies

Justine Keaton- Town Cop
    Each night, our hero Justine chooses a townie to investigate. Justine will send a private message to me and be told whether or not the player is INNOCENT ( goodie) or GUILTY ( Mafia or Cult). Justine can share this information with the rest of the game but can't directly quote the information given.
    The player Justine has investigated will not be told they have been investigated.

Jamie Jolina- Town Doctor
    Jamie can target a player at Night to protect that player from a single kill made during that Night. She will private mail me and let me know who she wants to protect. She will not told if her protection was successful. She also cannot protect against Don recruiting anyone.

Bella Goth and Mortimer Goth - One-shot compulsive unlynchable townie
    Both possess Death flower that will be automatically used to protect them from being lynched. This will not protect them from Night kills. Once their flower has been used they will be a vanilla townie. They cannot give their flower to any other player.

Vanilla Townie
    Some of you will be given character names from the game with no specific power role. These will be vanilla townie. The job of the townie is to find out who is mafia and who is cult and lynch them before they lynch you. Each day you will discuss your suspicions and place a vote for who you want to kill.

The town wins when thy kill all baddies in order to win the game. :)

Opportunities!!!

You could be the lucky lucky simmer to receive a fabulous opportunity at some point in this game. Check your inbox every night to find out if you have been given the chance to win one of these amazing prizes!!!

Resurrection opportunity (A random VT can be brought back to life, provided they're not in the afterlife. If there are none available then this does nothing),
    Meteor Shower ( death),
    Grimmy's BFF (a night kill protection)
    Fake Beard (so you'll be safe from Don Lothario for one night),
    Tragic Clown Effect ( this will mean your posts must stay in negative form for the entire day),
    Freezer Bunny Attack ( you can't speak for the entire day, you can only communicate through emojis and quotes)
    SUPER AWESOME LLAMA POWER ( congratulations, you have Llama power... that's all)

If you receive an opportunity message, please respond with a number 1-7 to claim your free prize!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2016

1. renyerookami
    2. Swiftlover13 Vanilla townie, Lynched Day 1
    3. Laurelar
    4. Emmzy
    5. Jake (x_MG_X) Vanilla townie Killed Night 1
    6. lovesstorms (Lo) Don Lothario Cult recruiter. Lynched day 2
    7. Alleenmens
    8. Rosey1579
    9. Skelda
    10. Aitkens08 Vanilla townie Lynched Day 3
    11. Marvelissa
    12. Idontrcall (Lala) Justine Keaton Town Cop. Killed Night 2
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    SurPRIZES!!!

Seeing as this is the GG section. There will of course be simpoint prizes for only the cleverest of clever darlings. Prizes may go up but will not go down. You can spend them on yourself or gift them to others. More prizes may be added depending on if I think of more categories but this is them so far. :)

Lucky Simoleon Gamblers prize

Before day 1 ends, any town or cult member can private mail be about who they think the mafia members are. At the end of the game, if anyone guessed correctly, they will win a shiny 500 SP to spend in the Sims3 Store!! ( oooh, aaah)

SIMply Surviving

Any player good or bad who is still alive at the end of the game will win a shiny 150 SP to spend in the Sims3 store!!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Vote Counts

Day 1

Swift votes Rosey
    Reny votes Swift
    Skelda votes Jake
    Lissa votes Swift
    Lala votes alleen
    Alleen votes aitkens.

Rosey (1)
    Swift (2) LYNCHED
    Jake (1)
    Alleen (1)
    Aitkens (1)

Day 2

Lala votes Lo
    Aitkens votes Rosey
    Rosey votes Lo
    Emmmmmmmzy votes Lo
    Skelda votes Lo
    Alleen votes Lo
    Laurelar votes Lo

Lo (6) Lynched
    Rosey (1)

Day 3

Lissa votes Em
    Skelda votes Aitkens
    Alleen votes Aitkens
    Aitkens votes rosey
    reny votes aitkens
    Em votes reny

Em (1)
    Aitkens (3) Lynched
    Rosey (1)
    Reny (1)
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'll need this or not but I'll have it anyway....

You can post now... sign up.. go on.. it'll be good.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    .....I'm..........in........... ?

This is either something really big, or the world's most cruel fake out.
  • Options
    So, I've picked apart your many posts to try and find clues.....

Hmm....
    • A forum game
    • We need to be free for most of the time
    • It has no fixed end date
    • It has a "FURTHER" information post
    • And also has a "Second info post" that is placed right after the surprises post
    • 6 Sign ups
    • "I'm not sure if I'll need this or not but I'll have it anyway" Could this be hinting toward the OP not needing the surprises, and giving them away (This is in the Gift Giving Section)?

I feel that this is an extremely active forum game, that has an unfixed end date. It also requires information about each prize and is expected to only have 6 Participants. It may be a giveaway thread.

So...... is this a game where we need to compete to do something before an uncertain deadline, and whoever wins will have complicated surprises that you already own?

Please tell me I'm a good detective....
  • Options
    laurelarlaurelar Posts: 383 Member
    Ok I'll try. I think I am mostly free this weekend.
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    I'm scared :confounded: But I'll sign up... I guess I'll have to see what happens
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    does the game start with 'm' and end with 'a' ??? If so, Sign me up xD

If not then sorry wrong place, I'm eagerly awaiting the signups for youknowwhat
  • Options
    renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    That's okay! It's always good to see fresh faces in games I play. I'm getting bored of the faces of my boring friends

Loljk guys love you long time <3 bahahaha

Also I like how I've adopted another m in my nane rockley xD
  • Options
    KatieeeeKatieeee Posts: 16,995 Member
    Yay New people <3
    Rockley I think I would rather help out then play because I can't be bothered this weekend xD So anything you need just let me know <3
    Mafia stats
    Played: 255 | Won: 221 | Lost: 34
    Town: 100 | Mafia: 150 | Third: 5
    Town Win: 86| Mafia Win: 131 | Third Win: 4
    Alive: 65 | Lynched: 99 | Nk: 91 |

Come play Mafia with us: http://ultimatemafia.boards.net/
  • Options
    Oooh.......
    I'll need teaching, but mafia better kill Gobias Koffi first........
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Unfortunately I won't be around on Friday and Saturday morning, so I guess I'll have to sit this one out :cry: Maybe next time!
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    the funny thing is, in one of my games, my sim married the ghost of Gobius. so i dont think death is gonna stop him...
  • Options
    I WANT SUPER AWESOME LLAMA POWER!!!
  • Options
    @renyerookami Welcome, so glad you're joining us. I hope the instructions have helped a bit with the game. It is tricky to get used to but it's a lot of fun. Feel free to ask any questions you want, there'll be loads of people here who can help you.

@Swiftlover13 Glad you could join us. Those detective skills from yesterday will sure come in handy for you for this game. There's no certain deadline because we don't know how long it will take for each side to win, some games can be quite quick. We try to get it finished by Sunday though because people are back at work or school Monday.

Aw, Gobias Koffi, aw I love him, that poor guy. If I add him into the game, he comes with automatic super awesome llama power for sure.

@laurelar nice to see you back hun :) Hope you enjoy the game :)

@Assirk That chocolate cake is making me soo hungry!!! I'm so jealous!!! It's a shame you can't be around this weekend, feel free to pop in and say hi ( preferably with cake) any time though hun :)

@emilzydiva oh Emmmzy.. I've no idea what you're talking about, I'm spelling your name totally normally. You must just be going crazy.

@Katieeee I've sent you a PM hun, thanks so much for helping out if you can :)

@rosey1579 @Skelda @aitkens08 @KleineMuff @Tip @twiddle3 @Marvelissa @lovesstorms @Alleenmens @x_MG_x @Turner MAFIA TIME!!
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    I'll join.

Just a quick tip, please remember to give the mafia fake claim characters. If they don't, a massclaim can happened and it could lead to some contradictions and an outright town win.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    I'll join.

Just a quick tip, please remember to give the mafia fake claim characters. If they don't, a massclaim can happened and it could lead to some contradictions and an outright town win.
    Thanks for reminding me :)

I'll add you onto the list now.

YAY!!
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Dont think i'll be active enough this weekend for mafia, Got a show on Friday night and will be out all day Saturday. :'(

Me thinks i wont join just in case i go AWOL for a day and dont get time to post. Good luck to the newbies in finding the mafia however. ;)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,809 Member
    emilzydiva wrote: »
    does the game start with 'm' and end with 'a' ??? If so, Sign me up xD

If not then sorry wrong place, I'm eagerly awaiting the signups for youknowwhat

No, this game does not start with an 'm' and end with an 'a'. You are imagining things. :|

@Rockleyfamily - of course I'm in. How can I pass this up?
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,809 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Dont think i'll be active enough this weekend for mafia, Got a show on Friday night and will be out all day Saturday. :'(

Me thinks i wont join just in case i go AWOL for a day and dont get time to post. Good luck to the newbies in finding the mafia however. ;)

You could join and then mafia could just kill you N1. lol j/k
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories