Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot tubs or the Wishing Well?

I have enough money left over to get a stuff pack and I'm trying to decide between Perfect Patio stuff with the hot tub or Romantic Gardens with the wishing well. Both look cool, but I can only get one. So which would ya'll recommend?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2016
    If you like romance then go with the hottub.

The wishing well is fun though especially if you cheat with testingcheats cheats and make all the outcomes positive and cut off the cooling off period.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Wishing well is more worth it. You also get a fountain where you can be romantic.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited February 2016
    Oh man, hard to say, those are the only two stuff packs I have, and I love them both... The hot tub is a lot of fun, it's something you can do with a group of sims, or the whole family, and it's got some aromatherapy to it to help influence emotions etc, I also love that it can be upgraded to have a radio.... I use perfect patio more for the outdoor furniture though than I do the hot tub. *all* my houses have the patio furniture from this pack, but not all my houses have the hot tub. (I feel like it's a luxury item for families who can afford it, but I do have one in my public pool lot, so everyone at least has access to one!)

As for romantic garden, I've not done much with it yet but I can already tell I will be using the wishing well a lot, it definitely adds a whole new way to throw some randomness into the sims' lives. It'll make it so things aren't always happy-happy-sunshine-and-sparkles... Which I think is actually really cool, it makes things more exciting for me!

Anyway, that's my take on the two, I hope it helps!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I got the Romantic Garden SP. I figured the hot tub was just rehashed interactions with no real new gameplay except for the woohooing.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited February 2016
    The hottubs do have some animations specific to it, although mainly for woohoo yes. It definitely isn't a waste of money getting Romantic Garden. Hope you have a lot of fun with that wishing well. Just be careful what you wish for. :naughty:
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    LottebysimsLottebysims Posts: 54 Member

The wishing well is fun though especially if you cheat with testingcheats cheats and make all the outcomes positive and cut off the cooling off period.

Wait.... there is a cheat to cut off the cooling off period?... I've wasted like 2 hours while I was playing with the well.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

Wait.... there is a cheat to cut off the cooling off period?... I've wasted like 2 hours while I was playing with the well.

Hello @Lottebysims .
    You can type in testingcheats true, then shift +click the well and then you can turn off cool offs and make the outcome as you would like it to be.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I would of told you to go with romantic garden :)

It's a fun stuff pack with the well and the fountain.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Also recommending the well.
    Had sooo many awesome outcomes with the wishing. :D
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I do love the Patio stuff pack, lots of good furniture, but the wishing well is fun.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm really happy with the Romantic Garden SP even though it would've been nice to have known the arch wasn't a real wedding arch.
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    For me, definitely hot tubs/Perfect Patio Stuff
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I really wanna get the Garden Pack >_< I only have the GTW and Spa Day packs at the moment and I LOOOVE them but the Garden one I instantly fell in love with when I saw it! The fountain looked so fun and I love that you get positive and negative outcomes from the wishing well~ The Patio pack looked alright but I wasn't like "Omg I neeeeed this!" Hot tubs are cool and all but I like that the Garden pack had new things I don't think we've had before. I'm hoping to get it soon :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm really happy with the Romantic Garden SP even though it would've been nice to have known the arch wasn't a real wedding arch.

What you could do is use the move objects cheat to situate a wedding arch between two of the Garden arches, maybe even enlarge it to match the other arches (I think they're large) and it will work and look just like a wedding arch :3 You're only limited by your imagination~ That's the great thing about Sims, something that's meant to be one thing can be used as something entirely different! Happy Simming!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Both packs have there good and bad.I find the hot tub a waste of money seeing how after 10 families not a single Sims has used it.The wishing well is good if your into torture.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    You can't woohoo with the wishing well. B)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    You can't woohoo with the wishing well. B)

That might be a very good thing...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I used Perfect Patio all the time. It has some really good build items. But Romantic Garden is nice as well. I think it has fewer CAS items if that matters to you.
  • Options
    SempophaiSempophai Posts: 18 Member
    The hot tub is a bit disappointing. No moodlet without using an oil, which feels wrong. Sitting in a hot tub should give something like a comfort moodlet, or a happy moodlet like swimming in the pool does. Maybe a relaxed moodlet. Without using an oil it doesn't give anything, may as well sit on a comfy chair.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Sempophai wrote: »
    The hot tub is a bit disappointing. No moodlet without using an oil, which feels wrong. Sitting in a hot tub should give something like a comfort moodlet, or a happy moodlet like swimming in the pool does. Maybe a relaxed moodlet. Without using an oil it doesn't give anything, may as well sit on a comfy chair.

To quote @aws200 you can't woohoo in a comfy chair! ;)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

Hopefully we'll get something similar and smaller if we get a wedding stuffpack and also some heart shaped wedding arches from TS3.
  • Options
    I don't understand why but I find hot tubs less fun in the sims 4 :o

I use the well more and think its one of the best premium content items we have for the sims 4 next to the TV popcorn and ice cream makers.

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

I use the well more and think its one of the best premium content items we have for the sims 4 next to the TV popcorn and ice cream makers.

Their pretty fun when Sims are woohooing in them but unfortunately w when you want them to chat they want to get out.. I really wish they would stay in.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    marcel21 wrote: »

Their pretty fun when Sims are woohooing in them but unfortunately w when you want them to chat they want to get out.. I really wish they would stay in.

Not even used any in a house or room I'm working on yet.
    They look great and tube option. For kids to be able to use them was neat B)
    Agree they need to fix that. I
    mean they are meant to be good at multitasks and talking should be one of them in tube hot tub
    Hopefully they fix it for us.