Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOMES by Bex - Now featuring the Barnhouse Orchard home for sim farmers.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaSmileEmmaSmile Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited October 2009
    You are absaloutely amazing!I'm hoping to start a story soon (:
    But since I get carried away with my own architeture, I haven't got a lot of concentration when it comes to myself building I have a little request (:

Could you make a school?
    I'd like the school to be a twist of modern yet traditional/victorian.

P.S: Could it please not contain any premium items (:
    Again fabulous work and please could you reply as soon as possible to see if you can do this - I know you might not want to, or be busy, and it may take long but however I've tried.

Emmax
    deva4j.jpg
  • Options
    actwrightbecactwrightbec Posts: 191 New Member
    edited October 2009
    EmmaSmile wrote:
    You are absaloutely amazing!I'm hoping to start a story soon (:
    But since I get carried away with my own architeture, I haven't got a lot of concentration when it comes to myself building I have a little request (:

Could you make a school?
    I'd like the school to be a twist of modern yet traditional/victorian.

P.S: Could it please not contain any premium items (:
    Again fabulous work and please could you reply as soon as possible to see if you can do this - I know you might not want to, or be busy, and it may take long but however I've tried.

Emmax

Thanks! Hmm... a school? Modern with a Victorian twist... I'm guessing you'll be using those new victorian clothes? So you want something that would be modern but fit into a Victorian world? Not modern with an old twist.

I can't make it a "school" since we'd have to incorporate a school building but I can make either a community lot or a home that can double as a school... what are you thinking? I did make the X-Mansion which is a school but they also live there. Is that what you wanted?
  • Options
    Dooglers8Dooglers8 Posts: 716 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I have a school in my studio that you can check out. Don't worry about the premium items, the only ones in there are small ones.
    Hope I helped. 8)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    DOOGLER'S DIGS

Modern, check, 3BR 4 B, check, gym with shower, check, 1 car garage with workspace, check, blues, greens, browns, NO WHITE, check, stone and siding, check, impressive backyard with pool on far left, big patio in teh middle and yard on the right, check. I even threw in a study. Hope you like it!

screenshot_original.jpg"width=480""height=360"
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"screenshot_original.jpg"width=300""height=225"

I began putting a fence up but the position of the home offered a bigger back yard if I left it open... so there are no trees surrounding the back yard, however there are trees beyond where I placed the lot.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1309740

Enjoy!

• Options
    edited October 2009
    WOW!!! :mrgreen:
    It's amazing!
    Thank you so much!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dooglers8 wrote:
    WOW!!! :mrgreen:
    It's amazing!
    Thank you so much!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Glad you like it! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Metricon PENINSULA 42

The latest modern beach house has finally arrived! Take a look.

MetriconPeninsula42collage.png

DOWNLOAD: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1318960

Enjoy!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wow... it left me less than 24 hours ago and now it's already at 750 downloads. How many lurkers I have here? Haha. Thanks y'all!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Arrrgh. I'm totally in the mood to build but I have waaayyyy too much to do today.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh, I know, don't you hate it when that happens. :D
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited October 2009
    great builds Bex, I love your latest one. Have rec'd :)
  • Options
    saraswatisaraswati Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2009
    Lovely work Bec, reccomended. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks fiery and Sara!
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited October 2009
    Hey Bex! I just wanted to say I have been a fan from TS2! I LOVED your tutorials! They helped me soo much! I want them back! Lol

So I was thinkin', next time your in the building mood, could you possibly build me one of these homes? I don't care about decor. You can decide on that. But these are a few homes I liked the look of. Choose one or two in your range and see how they turn out please. I'd love to have a house specially build for me by you. You are like, my idol =)

Traditional European: http://www.houseplans.com/2945-square-feet-3-bedroom-2.5-bathroom-Northwest-house-plans-3-garage-(27867)

Traditional European: http://www.houseplans.com/2353-square-feet-3-bedroom-2.5-bathroom-European-home-plans-2-garage-(10444)

Victorian: http://www.houseplans.com/5250-square-feet-4-bedroom-4.5-bathroom-Craftsman-home-plans-4-garage-(19947)

European: http://www.houseplans.com/3128-square-feet-4-bedroom-3.5-bathroom-European-home-plans-2-garage-(17550)

European:http://www.houseplans.com/3576-square-feet-3-bedroom-3.5-bathroom-European-home-plans-3-garage-(17582)

:D:D:D

Jake! (evergreen226)
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hey Bex! I just wanted to say I have been a fan from TS2! I LOVED your tutorials! They helped me soo much! I want them back! Lol

So I was thinkin', next time your in the building mood, could you possibly build me one of these homes? I don't care about decor. You can decide on that. But these are a few homes I liked the look of. Choose one or two in your range and see how they turn out please. I'd love to have a house specially build for me by you. You are like, my idol =)

:D:D:D

Jake! (evergreen226)

I'm pretty busy shooting a film right now but I'll definately take a look and see what I can do next time I get a chance to build! Thanks! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Whew! Busy week. I've begun a requested house, the home is built and painted but I haven't furnished it yet. Which will it be? :?:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2009
    Metricon Laguna 35

This home was made as a request from Tasha. Good choice! The home seemed to be in a desert or beachy area so I put it on the beach. It's a big home on a small lot, and designed as such. Originally created on 9 Sun Song Ave, this home featured 5 bedrooms (I added one) and 3.5 bathrooms (added one of those too).

The original house plan can be seen here: http://www.metricon.com.au/victoria/homes/laguna/default.aspx

Since they offer multiple facades, I chose to do the one featured in the photos. Here are the transitions:

MetriconLaguna35collage.png

I had to alter the kitchen because I had to alter the downstairs half bath because the design was a square or two too long and stairs have to be straight in the game. I kept with the general theme tho and put in little touches that might make sims happier.

Floorplan:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600""height=400"
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=600""height=400"

The floorplan upstairs was also altered slightly because there was so much space- I figured I'd add a second bedroom and bathroom since the lounge area was taken up by the stairs. However, if you wish to have an upstairs loung area, I did not decorate the biggest (other than the master) bedroom and the door can easily be deleted to put in a double arch, offering a alternate place to hang out.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=400""height=300"
    The house offers outdoor eating that's covered by the upstairs balcony.

There is a small amount of yard, but with the beach as your front yard, I figured sims would rather go play there.

The view from the master suite. Lounge chairs offer a great place to relax and read.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1186317

This home was so much fun I think I'll line my entire beach with similar houses. Look for them to come soon!

Enjoy!

This house is simply gorgeous! It is so posh and trendy! Love the interiors inside! Also, your lot looks almost like the original lot! Congrats! :-) Recommended!
  • Options
    fattygirl218fattygirl218 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited October 2009
    crazy question... so If I upload the fashion building lot into my game and make it a community lot sims around town will hang out there?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    QUESTION: Does your master chef chateau home have custom content? I want to download it for my game and if it has custom content I would like to download that as well. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited October 2009
    great lot, nicely decorated! keep up your creative work :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    yanti68 wrote:

This house is simply gorgeous! It is so posh and trendy! Love the interiors inside! Also, your lot looks almost like the original lot! Congrats! :-) Recommended!

Thanks Yanti! If you like that there's a home from the same designers a few pages later. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    crazy question... so If I upload the fashion building lot into my game and make it a community lot sims around town will hang out there?

If you take a sim there then sims will start to arrive and hang out... what they do depends on their personality and mood. There's plenty to entertain, but there won't magically ge a fashion show. That you have to manipulate yourself. You can search my thread to see a few pictures of what happens when you stage your sims.

And no, I don't use custom content (the haunted manor was an exception) so there's nothing there to mess up the house- also I tend to use store items but only sparingly and never as something important. You can see the premium items listed on the download page.

:D
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for answering!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    great lot, nicely decorated! keep up your creative work :-)

Thanks! Great to hear from other designers.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay in new things here... I've been cast in two different films and they're taking all my free time. I'll be back soon! I promise! 8)