Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOMES by Bex - Now featuring the Barnhouse Orchard home for sim farmers.

Comments

• Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited September 2009
    No problem Bex, I thought you might like to see! Super Pogimon posted some pics using my church - I nearly wet myself in excitement lol (I'm sad lol!)

I know those 'floating' ceilings were a bit annoying but I do love a ceiling... so I guess we have to lump it, hopefully they can figure it out and we can have proper ceilings :)
    Thanks for the lovely comments too! :D
  • Options
    Dooglers8Dooglers8 Posts: 716 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I grabbed this request I made from a different thread:
    Okay! I love these threads!
    I'll have a one story modern house that has three good sized bedrooms, and four bathrooms.
    And I'd like the lot to be 30X20, or 30X30, but no bigger!
    I'd also like a home gym with some work out equipment and a shower room attatched to it.
    Don't be afraid to use color! I'd like a variety of browns, greens, dark blues, maybe even black, so don't paint any room white, I want color!
    I'd like a closet off of the master bedroom with a dresser and a mirror.
    I'd also like a garage for one car, with a little extra space for storage.
    And one the outside, I'd appreciate it if you used stone and siding, or paneling, your choice.
    And please make an immpressive backyard that doesn't take up too much space, I would want a pool on the far left, a big patio in the middle, and an open grassy area surrounded by some trees.
    Did you get that?
    Thanks in advance. 8)
  • Options
    actwrightbecactwrightbec Posts: 191 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Allium wrote:
    No problem Bex, I thought you might like to see! Super Pogimon posted some pics using my church - I nearly wet myself in excitement lol (I'm sad lol!)

I know those 'floating' ceilings were a bit annoying but I do love a ceiling... so I guess we have to lump it, hopefully they can figure it out and we can have proper ceilings :)
    Thanks for the lovely comments too! :D

Allium do you have a thread too? I really need to bookmark other designers... I don't have time to filter through the random posts but I want to follow your work too. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dooglers8 wrote:
    I'll have a one story modern house that has three good sized bedrooms, and four bathrooms.
    I'd also like a home gym with some work out equipment and a shower room attatched to it.
    Don't be afraid to use color! I'd like a variety of browns, greens, dark blues, maybe even black, so don't paint any room white, I want color!
    And one the outside, I'd appreciate it if you used stone and siding, or paneling, your choice.
    And please make an immpressive backyard that doesn't take up too much space, I would want a pool on the far left, a big patio in the middle, and an open grassy area surrounded by some trees.
    Did you get that?
    Thanks in advance. 8)

Whew! Okay. Got it. Usually people just throw me a house plan but your way I get to be creative!

If you have any other notes now's the time... kitchen, master suite, type of sim planned to live there... I'll get started on it in a day or so.
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Aw I totally get you I miss so much on here by everyone!

I don't have a thread I'm higgledy piggledy and make one for new stuff each time and let it die lol... but maybe it's a good idea...I just don't want to bore people with loads and loads of stuff they may have seen before :oops: ... however I have just looked at page 1 of yours one and It look awesome! I love the new pic of you and the snap shots!Your organisation of the thread is great! If I could be so organised....it might just work lol! :D
  • Options
    ERICbarbaricERICbarbaric Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm just curious... how long does it typically take you to finish these houses? They are amazing, and I'm so impressed! I am really interested in designing homes int his game but I don't think I have an eye for architecture like you guys do. If you have any advice please share. Great work, keep it up!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm just curious... how long does it typically take you to finish these houses? They are amazing, and I'm so impressed! I am really interested in designing homes int his game but I don't think I have an eye for architecture like you guys do. If you have any advice please share. Great work, keep it up!

It really depends... the first modern houses were probably done in one session of like 4 hours or so and then places like the Laguna house I had to spread out over a few nights of designing... so quite a few hours went into it. I do know the X-Mansion actually look 13 hours of prep then another 6 or 8 to build, but that was mostly mecause movies take liberty with the idea of a home (they were filmed at 13 different locations).

I have some tutorials back at Sims2 that could help if you can see them. It's all about understanding homes and how they are designed... you can start by looking at your own house, where things are placed... and then the other part is understanding the game restrictions.

For instance, a lot of small bathrooms have the toilet right next to the shower and for us, we can still get in, but the sims can't. So we can't do those kinds of design. Stairs are the other exception... ours can be anything but in the game they're pretty much straight unless you do some real configuring with cheats and levels.

Annnndddd... yeah... I've been with the game since the day it launched it's original so after 10 years of Sim home building I'd hope'd be doing pretty well. :D

My advice would be get started, jump in, and just start building. Look at homes and/or house plans... look at decor... that kind of thing. And good luck!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dooglers8 wrote:
    Did you get that?
    Thanks in advance. 8)

Whew! Okay. Got it. Usually people just throw me a house plan but your way I get to be creative!

If you have any other notes now's the time... kitchen, master suite, type of sim planned to live there... I'll get started on it in a day or so.

Thankyou again for accepting that request. 8)
  • Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I have to say that you have an impressive group of lots in your studio. It's awesome to see a builder branch out into the various styles, and you've done a fantastic job with each one. You have great range as a builder. I look forward to seeing more from you.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm heading to this Idea Festival this weekend and am in charge of all the workshops... one is with Jason ******* from Spore (he worked on the original sims game) so if anyone wants to go, I can swing some free tickets. Lemme know.
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited September 2009
    I love the shape of you Bexlyn Arch Firm. Maybe i should apply there :wink:

I like the interiors too specially with the red objects as accents. Red is my fav color for accents :)
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited September 2009
    Here's my model Wa-nda Alvita at your Fashion Galleria for the final runway on Strike A Pose: Cycle 1

09Wa-ndaGownHeadshot.jpg
    09Wa-ndaGownBodyshot.jpg
    09Wa-ndaGownmidshot-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Very pretty model SuperPogimon! I actually snuck a few smaller versions in to show her off but that's for posting the big ones. :D
  • Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited September 2009
    Bex I am hard pressed to find a favorite on here because I like them all...but here goes:Metricon Laguna 35

Luv Bre
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So, Bex, how's the house I requested coming?
    How far along are you? 8)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dooglers8 wrote:
    So, Bex, how's the house I requested coming?
    How far along are you? 8)

Hi Doogler!

I'm actually away at the Idea Festival in Louisville on business and have been playing host to a friend from New York so I haven't been able to build anything as of yet. But Don't worry, you're first on my list. Since she leaves Wednesday you'll probably see something by next weekend, maybe a little earlier.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hello from the Idea Festival In Louisville, Kentucky!

This has been an amazing event! I haven't even had a minute to check in here. Everything from film to physics and its all in this hubbub of positive creative thought. Very cool- you should check it out for next year. And my director friend and actor best friend brought me a signed book by Anthony Bourdain since I missed his party! Whoo!

AND... the biggest excitement of all to this world, Jason Sha nkel (edit: sorry for the space for some reason his name becomes stars) was there- he works with Will Wright on occasion and has worked on SimCity, The Sims (original) and was a main guy on Spore. You know the opening galaxy where you choose what world to play? Yeah, that's his work... among many other things including mouse control and such. Pretty cool.

I was able to attend his session on storytelling in the video game design and oh em gee this workshop was AWESOME. Of course he only mentioned The Sims a few times, as an example of extreme player-creation as opposed to having no hand in the creation of the character but more control with the story. Mostly he covered creative writing so games like BioShock and Fall Out 3 were covered. Really cool.

We were both pretty busy so we only had a few moments to chat, but as a guest of my company, he was at the after-dinner I set up for the 8 core people and you can imagine my geekiness across the table from him. We talked Sims from beginning to 3 and Spore and my boss was laughing at me because he had no idea what Jason and I were discussing, even though he was trying to follow the convo. It was beyond him. He did however add with a chuckle that I had created him as a sim in 2 and 3 (pet project for work about avatars in gaming). Good times, good times.

Needless to say the event was AMAZING and totally worth all the craziness in the two weeks leading up to it. With that, I'm going to go have breakfast with an amazing script doctor and drive home with my actress friend... See you guys in a day or so.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hello from the Idea Festival In Louisville, Kentucky!

This has been an amazing event! I haven't even had a minute to check in here. Everything from film to physics and its all in this hubbub of positive creative thought. Very cool- you should check it out for next year. And my director friend and actor best friend brought me a signed book by Anthony Bourdain since I missed his party! Whoo!

AND... the biggest excitement of all to this world, Jason Sha nkel (edit: sorry for the space for some reason his name becomes stars) was there- he works with Will Wright on occasion and has worked on SimCity, The Sims (original) and was a main guy on Spore. You know the opening galaxy where you choose what world to play? Yeah, that's his work... among many other things including mouse control and such. Pretty cool.

I was able to attend his session on storytelling in the video game design and oh em gee this workshop was AWESOME. Of course he only mentioned The Sims a few times, as an example of extreme player-creation as opposed to having no hand in the creation of the character but more control with the story. Mostly he covered creative writing so games like BioShock and Fall Out 3 were covered. Really cool.

We were both pretty busy so we only had a few moments to chat, but as a guest of my company, he was at the after-dinner I set up for the 8 core people and you can imagine my geekiness across the table from him. We talked Sims from beginning to 3 and Spore and my boss was laughing at me because he had no idea what Jason and I were discussing, even though he was trying to follow the convo. It was beyond him. He did however add with a chuckle that I had created him as a sim in 2 and 3 (pet project for work about avatars in gaming). Good times, good times.

Needless to say the event was AMAZING and totally worth all the craziness in the two weeks leading up to it. With that, I'm going to go have breakfast with an amazing script doctor and drive home with my actress friend... See you guys in a day or so.

Sounds cool. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wow... I said "amazing" a lot. Serves me for typing uber-fast and not proofreading. Haha, well it was amazing.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wow... I said "amazing" a lot. Serves me for typing uber-fast and not proofreading. Haha, well it was amazing.

Hehe! :D
  • Options
    Saphren1972Saphren1972 Posts: 1
    edited September 2009
    I am having issues downloading you Peony Cottage. It is very cute and I was hoping to get it but something is wrong.
    Thanks! More coming soon.

• Options
    DERRIKSDERRIKS Posts: 1
    edited September 2009
    Are you going to be building any more homes.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I am having issues downloading you Peony Cottage. It is very cute and I was hoping to get it but something is wrong.
    Thanks! More coming soon.

I'm not sure what to tell you... maybe do a search of people with the same problems- they tend to talk about it on the forums. There might be something you need to do. I have no tech skills, otherwise I'd help. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DERRIKS wrote:

No, I've decided to stop all together. 8)

Like it says above I've been away at a filmmaking event but I'm back now and can get back to building this weekend.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DERRIKS wrote:

No, I've decided to stop all together. 8)

Like it says above I've been away at a filmmaking event but I'm back now and can get back to building this weekend.

Really, alright! :mrgreen: