Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOMES by Bex - Now featuring the Barnhouse Orchard home for sim farmers.

Comments

• Options
    actwrightbecactwrightbec Posts: 191 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I have thoughts of an interior design project. Hmmm... maybe when the forums are fixed.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I don't do scrapbooking. This is as close as I'll get. Gotta save it somewhere :wink:

PeonyCottagefrontpagenews.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm having a mid-sim crisis. I had this idea for a story... it'd be a doozy. But I'm a builder. Than again, in real life I'm a writer so it was bound to happen eventually. I just don't look forward to the creation online... I SO wish we had our album back.

It all started back with the Sims 2... I never played with the alien aspect but I got an idea I never worked on. Now here we are with a great game for it, but no aliens! However, they have green skin... and I guess I can change the rules so it doesn't involve impregnated sim males....things to ponder....

Okay guys... should I do it? Hmmm...
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited September 2009
    Congrats on your feature...very well deserved indeed. I am glad you didnt scrap that house when it went over budget...it is a perfect suburban home.

Cant help you with the story stuff....the few times I have made them i did not hve alot of patience for the process and I lost interest very quickly. I found that deliberately trying to set up shots for a story line kept me from enjoying the actual story playing out. But that is just me...Im not a writer and I dont have that urge to create in that way. If you think you might want to...go for it. Whats the worst that could happen? :D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Ruthless!

And the story, yeah, I've been toiling over whether to get into it for about a month now. I guess I'm at least going to try. 8)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2009
    I love your modern starter homes! I love its clean and simple lines! It's beautiful! Nice interiors too! Recommended! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    debralee1968debralee1968 Posts: 232 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Great houses!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks Yanti and Debralee!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Eeep! Wow... I figured I'd have to wait a while for my next feature...

TheCubeDuplexfrontpagenews.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks to Okadoka for the snapshot! I didn't get it in time.

Cubefeaturejoke.png

Yup, I blame all those BnSers for my feature. I wouldn't have built it without their love triangle requirement.

I think I'll make it maditory to mess with the picture. 8)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tasha wrote:
    I love your homes! I downloaded a couple of them. If you feel like doing a request I'd love this home made:

http://www.metricon.com.au/victoria/homes/laguna/default.aspx

The site has the floor plan and a ton of pictures :)

Just wanted to let you know I started it last night. What a fun house! The architecture is done with the exception of a few windows, now I just have to do the interior design. Here's a preview:

Lagunapreview.jpg"width=400""height=257"

I should finish it tonight.
  • Options
    lmsmbulfroglmsmbulfrog Posts: 793 New Member
    edited September 2009
    See now I could have sworn I had posted in this thread about three times already... stupid forums.

Just wanted to say I've been enjoying your builds Bex!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    See now I could have sworn I had posted in this thread about three times already... stupid forums.

Just wanted to say I've been enjoying your builds Bex!

Great! I'd love to see what people are doing with my lots. Glad you enjoy them :D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think I have decided not to do an X-Men story. You guys have seen the movie, you know what it looks like and can appreciate the X-Mansion as displayed. For now I'm leaving a few mutants up on my page to download but I took the others off to save space for more tutorials and building projects.

If someone does make a story let me know 8)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    SHOWCASE my Lots in your Game! :mrgreen:

Hey guys and gals! If you're enjoying my creations, feel free to share a pic or two on this thread. I'd love to see how you're putting my lots to use in the game.

Simply quote this post and attach a picture or two or three showing your sims chillin at a crib of my design. I look forward to seeing them!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tasha wrote:
    Thanks! I love it :D The upstairs looks good with the bedroom there too.

Hope that was the facade you were wanting... they had several but I picked the first in the pictures.

Glad you like it. :D

Ugh... seriously? (imagine this thread being 3 spots further down)
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited September 2009
    8) Absolutely astonishing Bex...I knew this beauty would come out brilliant with you doing it :wink: I just love those interiors, the tones are so soothing. awesome work...a rec and dld :D
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Metricon Laguna 35

This home was made as a request from Tasha. Good choice! The home seemed to be in a desert or beachy area so I put it on the beach. It's a big home on a small lot, and designed as such. Originally created on 9 Sun Song Ave, this home featured 5 bedrooms (I added one) and 3.5 bathrooms (added one of those too).

The original house plan can be seen here: http://www.metricon.com.au/victoria/homes/laguna/default.aspx

Since they offer multiple facades, I chose to do the one featured in the photos. Here are the transitions:

MetriconLaguna35collage.png

I had to alter the kitchen because I had to alter the downstairs half bath because the design was a square or two too long and stairs have to be straight in the game. I kept with the general theme tho and put in little touches that might make sims happier.

Floorplan:

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600""height=400"
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=600""height=400"

The floorplan upstairs was also altered slightly because there was so much space- I figured I'd add a second bedroom and bathroom since the lounge area was taken up by the stairs. However, if you wish to have an upstairs loung area, I did not decorate the biggest (other than the master) bedroom and the door can easily be deleted to put in a double arch, offering a alternate place to hang out.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=400""height=300"
    The house offers outdoor eating that's covered by the upstairs balcony.

There is a small amount of yard, but with the beach as your front yard, I figured sims would rather go play there.

The view from the master suite. Lounge chairs offer a great place to relax and read.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1186317

This home was so much fun I think I'll line my entire beach with similar houses. Look for them to come soon!

Enjoy!

• Options
    CaliforniaBoundCaliforniaBound Posts: 676 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Wow Bex I love your pueblo/adobe style manors, they look so good and very authentic, great style too, not many pueblo houses on the exchange. I rec'd both of them :D Your other builds are great too, it amazes me how some people can churn out so many good houses so quickly.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wow Bex I love your pueblo/adobe style manors, they look so good and very authentic, great style too, not many pueblo houses on the exchange. I rec'd both of them :D Your other builds are great too, it amazes me how some people can churn out so many good houses so quickly.

Sundays my friend, Sundays.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited September 2009
    I love your work! Amazing! No wonder you were featured.. :D
  • Options
    TashaTasha Posts: 190 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Thanks! I love it :D The upstairs looks good with the bedroom there too.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    8) Absolutely astonishing Bex...I knew this beauty would come out brilliant with you doing it :wink: I just love those interiors, the tones are so soothing. awesome work...a rec and dld :D

Thanks so much Terry! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    EDIT: I had info about the Kentucky Film Lab Fall Studio here because it featured a guy who worked on the original sims game. That was in September 09 so look for him next year.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    TnT_Terry wrote:

Hmmm Kentucky is just a hop, skip and a jump from me but have too much to do in getting ready for my trip to Norway right now, besides I think I may have met him already as I went to the Spore galactic adventures camp back in June and had a blast. Met so many great people though that I can't remember them all lol, except for my fellow creators that is :wink::D

You know I was addicted to that game but the moment Sims3 came out I haven't touched it. Eeep! Guess I better play a bit before he comes to town.

I bet Galactic Adventures camp was fun! What did you guys do there?

Edit: SERIOUSLY? When are they going to fix the forum? *sighs* Please more this post 3 spots down. Thanks.