Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship Bug, So Annoying, Please fix!

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    eh I have decided to play with autonomy completely off for everyone for a while and see if that makes a difference. As I was sitting there idly watching Dr Pepper after fixing her relationship, all her needs are in the green and husband is sleeping in the next room, she queues up 5 different times to do a flirty introduction to randoms walking by on the street. I was trying to get her to drink some oj and water since she is sneezing, yet again - and of course being a foodie she doesnt like any drinks ever it seems. I gave them the beloved and memorable traits to see if they might remember each other a little better going forward, but I tell you, with the rampant flirting she is want to suddenly do, I fear she may have a list of unforgettable affairs now ramping up an already out of hand problem. We will see I guess.

Listen I am not against using mods, wright knows I used practically every one in the book back in the sims 2 days, but it was a cumbersome job keeping everything updated and with updates coming out so frequently right now, I just dont need the headache. Plus, I am advocating for EA to fix things that are breaking the game, instead of keeping quiet just using a mod. I would rather they fix the game breaking issues and not rely on their customer base to fix it or find workarounds to something that really shouldnt be happening.

You're completely entitled to your point of view. Mine is, I'd rather NOT try to play a game I don't enjoy (aka vanilla) while also railing against EA hoping my voice will be the one that makes them say, oh, we need to fix this right now.

Not that I'm saying that's what you or any non-modder are doing.

That's just my "I don't want to do this" baseline. So, I mod my game, and as long as MC works with it, I'm good to go. I have fun, so much that I can binge play. Vanilla, I don't last 10 minutes. (I will drop any and all other mods in a heartbeat, though. Glitter. MC I refuse to play without.)

Deaderpool is awesome about keeping up with changes. I'm in for as long as he is. If there's ever a point when MC stops working with Sims4, the Cheerleader here will hang up the pom poms and go back to (also modded) Sims 2. <shrug>

I would LOVE for EA to fix their game. I've said that in a LOT of posts here. But I'd rather not deal with some of the headaches MC gets rid of, while I'm waiting for them to get it together. I'd rather enjoy my simming experience... which I never had a problem with, before 4.

I wish they'd release a straight-up bug fix patch. There are plenty of gremlins running loose it could catch.

Meanwhile, MC's got a lot of the nastier pitfalls covered. I don't lose sims, or relationships. That's worth a lot, to me.

Definitely YMMV territory. This is all entirely just my own opinion.
  • Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    @Nectere Wow so sorry to hear that you are having these problems with your game and although I do use mods I also agree with you that EA should fix these things themselves and not rely on modders to make the game playable.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Btw... I gotta say this, @Nectere ... modding and keeping quiet are not at all the same thing. :)

I'm pretty wordy, and yeah, if I see something (sparkly age bars, for one) that's been nailed as a game bug (not a mod thing), I'm likely to have an opinion. And share it. In detail. Haha! B)

Posts from me are not hard to find. A lot are about mods, true, but some of them aren't. I get around. When I'm not off enjoying playing, more than I want to be here writing.

And now I'm off to bed because I have to work tonight. Responsibility... boo!

Have a great day/night/etc. (blame the internet.) :p
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Not trying to be a jerk, but we are in Bugs and Issues, its frustrating when even the moderators start responding with 'Just use a Mod' to users who are reporting they have a bug or an issue with the game - or then the reverse, well take out your mods. Which is it? It starts to feel like a forum for a list of mods, namely MC Commander, to fix w/e flavor issue of the day is instead of a feedback or bug issue reporting forum.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    This is what shows in my bar:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14964029#Comment_14964029

And "Relationship Bug" in the tab at the top of the screen. Nothing about Bugs & Issues anywhere.

I'm afraid I don't generally keep track of what forum I"m posting in, and in the reply window, I can't see the top of the page anyway.

Sorry to bring my pro mod and definitely pro MC stance to the Bugs and Issues forum. I really didn't intend to do that.

I just post when I have something to say, and generally MC is involved because I do rely on it so heavily.

I can't promise, but I'll try to be more careful about making what I say better fit where I am posting to. My bad.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Not trying to be a jerk, but we are in Bugs and Issues, its frustrating when even the moderators start responding with 'Just use a Mod' to users who are reporting they have a bug or an issue with the game - or then the reverse, well take out your mods. Which is it? It starts to feel like a forum for a list of mods, namely MC Commander, to fix w/e flavor issue of the day is instead of a feedback or bug issue reporting forum.

You are not being a jerk, you are absolutely right, it is the bugs and issues page and these things should be fixed by EA, me personally my main reason for using MCCC is for the story progression, I am a rotational player and I don't have "townies" in my game only the sims I have created or born in the game, No, I don't play all of them but I do love it when I see so and so married so and so or they are now pregnant, something the vanilla Sims 4 is missing.

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    edited June 2016
    This is what shows in my bar:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14964029#Comment_14964029

And "Relationship Bug" in the tab at the top of the screen. Nothing about Bugs & Issues anywhere.

I'm afraid I don't generally keep track of what forum I"m posting in, and in the reply window, I can't see the top of the page anyway.

Sorry to bring my pro mod and definitely pro MC stance to the Bugs and Issues forum. I really didn't intend to do that.

I just post when I have something to say, and generally MC is involved because I do rely on it so heavily.

I can't promise, but I'll try to be more careful about making what I say better fit where I am posting to. My bad.

Well, I also popped in here talking about MCCC and how great of a mod it is, so I wouldn't worry about it. I love the Mod and say so when I get the chance. :)

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Its all good, didnt mean to walk in here with a wedgie - carry on!
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2016
    @Nectere Everyone in this thread is a Simmer, not connected to Maxis. Some of us will suggest modded solutions because from experience, we know that it might take a while to get a bug fixed (or a system re-tweaked, as the case here is more likely to be) and because for things like this, whatever fix comes is extremely unlikely to return a save to its previous state - that would work only if the problem was just what the UI was showing, not the underlying data. (That does sometimes happen but is unlikely to be the case here.) So you'd still need a way back, and mods/cheats can be a way more efficient way back than gameplay.

Anyhoo, I'm glad to see they've started asking for saves on this, at least on Twitter. Haven't checked for it in my game - I'm playing my one nonrotational save at the moment because I wanted the child in it to play with the new SP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Anyhoo, I'm glad to see they've started asking for saves on this, at least on Twitter.

Have they? Thats really good to hear! Thanks

Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Anyhoo, I'm glad to see they've started asking for saves on this, at least on Twitter.

Have they? Thats really good to hear! Thanks

Unless I'm misremembering and it was a different issue the other day :/

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    IndigoHazeIndigoHaze Posts: 2 New Member
    @egwarhammer I've never really tried mods and I was always worried about messing something up! But, thank you SO much! I appreciate your help! :)
  • Options
    Vrooman123Vrooman123 Posts: 36 Member
    I have had a few households go to a 0 in the relationship bars and also not have only their household in their people they know after the patch on 6/23.I had a wife show married to a NPC woman but her husband shows still married to her. I don't use mods, so it is taking a lot of time building every families relationship back up.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Vrooman123 wrote: »
    I have had a few households go to a 0 in the relationship bars and also not have only their household in their people they know after the patch on 6/23.I had a wife show married to a NPC woman but her husband shows still married to her. I don't use mods, so it is taking a lot of time building every families relationship back up.

Hello @Vrooman123 .
    The issue with a sim being married to another NPC sim should have been fixed with the patch. Was the relationship there before the patch but perhaps you didn't see it there? The patch fixed the issue to stop it happening in the future but any current relationships issues that happened before the patch still remained.
    This link explains how to fix the issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/sim-is-suddenly-married-to-an-unknown-sim/
  • Options
    Vrooman123Vrooman123 Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for the response. I couldn't swear exactly when I just played that family and noticed.
  • Options
    Vrooman123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. I couldn't swear exactly when I just played that family and noticed.

You're welcome :) Try doing what is suggested in the link to fix the issue.
  • Options
    killuhbeeekilluhbeee Posts: 23 Member
    I'm having this same issue after the latest patch. None of my sims have any relationship where as before the bars were full. Even my married sims now have no romantic bar !!
  • Options
    killuhbeee wrote: »
    I'm having this same issue after the latest patch. None of my sims have any relationship where as before the bars were full. Even my married sims now have no romantic bar !!

Hello
    I am sorry that your game is affected also with this issue. It affects relationships when you rotate away from them.

If you use mods, MC Command Center mod can help to prevent relationship decay.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
  • Options

Also, UI Cheats Extension can make fixing the relationships easy. Both MCCC and UI Cheats Extension can be removed later without harm to your save, and both are well supported.
  • Options
    I think I have all my sims ID's now, all saved neatly in a notepad with their associated destroy and modify relationship commands lol
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I think I have all my sims ID's now, all saved neatly in a notepad with their associated destroy and modify relationship commands lol

Hello.
    It is a good idea to keep a note of your sims ids , to use when using cheats.
  • Options
    AmberlousmithAmberlousmith Posts: 42 Member
    This has completely ruined the game!!!!! :(
  • Options

Also, UI Cheats Extension can make fixing the relationships easy. Both MCCC and UI Cheats Extension can be removed later without harm to your save, and both are well supported.

Oh good, I've been looking for this message for days. @luthienrising there's ONE area where removing MC might have a detrimental effect... if a player has culling disabled and removes the mod, the game WILL swoop in with a mega-cull if they're over the allowed limit when they remove the mod.

Otherwise, Deaderpool said, not much would change. But that's a pretty big thing on its own. Just wanted to mention it... save files copied to the desktop=win, IMO. (Just in case... there's a lot of "in case" with this game.)
  • Options

Hello.
    This is a link to UI Cheats extension mod
    http://modthesims.info/d/558548