The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know when The Sims 3 is awesome when...

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @amaresity I love Betty <3 But you have a Pretty blue eyed raven haired Sim + Awesome formal dress + White sparkly fairy wings + making a cute face hugging a horse.Even Betty has to take a backseat to that.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,662 Member
    Awesome pictures everyone! :)

My awesome moment was earlier today in game my current family was asleep and the toddler woke up and started crying. The mom woke up and ran to the toddler and comforted her before going back to sleep.
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    I didn't really know a whole lot about TS4 before reading this thread, but ALL of the things I love about TS3 you apparently can't do in TS4. I love creating new styles by recoloring and patterning them. I can take something that looks completely boring and turn it into something that you wouldn't even recognize as being a game or store item. My other favorite thing to do is explore the worlds. I'm always discovering new things. About a week ago I realized that in Aurora Skies you can boat through the streams that cut through the fjords in the background. The strollers look awesome, too. I will have to try them out!
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @CravenLestat Awwwh thanks so much! The open world alone is just about enough to keep me playing w/ TS3. I had to explain the differences (from what I know) between TS4 & TS3 to my older sister who has never played but likes to see my stories, videos and creations. TS4 is okay enough, but it didn't keep my attention w/ the demo. I still may get it eventually but w/ EPs. For now though, there is no reason for me to stop playing TS3.
  • Options
    @nickibitsward So sorry to hear about your little kitten :(

Because I am allergic to many cats and dogs, Pets have helped fill a void for me.
  • Options
    AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    You know Sims 3 is awesome when you can realistically live the life of a homeless Sim and after YEARS have them have a happy, successful, and very rich family.
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited January 2016
    You know Sims 3 is awesome when you can take a horse back ride on a beach with the sunrise. Sorry it is only a link could never figure out how you guys past yours on here like you do lol.

http://vid1078.photobucket.com/albums/w492/Lorna_Marler/Video-8_zpsdqtp9udx.mp4
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    You know Sims 3 is awesome when you can take a horse back ride on a beach with the sunrise. Sorry it is only a link could never figure out how you guys past yours on here like you do lol.

http://vid1078.photobucket.com/albums/w492/Lorna_Marler/Video-8_zpsdqtp9udx.mp4

Beautiful. I've never figured out how to make the awesome video's that I see folks making, but that is another awesome thing about Sims3.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I know the Sims 3 is awesome when this:

BEFORE:
    Screenshot-119_zpsfotkfr1j.jpg

AFTER:
    Screenshot-120_zpswczofrer.jpg

I just posted these shots (all the same stuff just re colored/patterned) along with an argument about why Maxis left out creative tools like color/pattern swapping in Sims 4 on Facebook just yesterday when a bunch of people were praising the fact the Maxis stripped out the CASt system because it made their game run smooth- SMH I posted these pictures to remind them or show them if they had never played 3 part of what was lost. The ability to nearly infinitely create new items that fit YOUR idea of style not just the Maxis design team's ideas. I like 4, it has it's high points and low, but I just don't understand people who'll praise every last thing about it no matter how ignorant they sound or even ridiculously lazy like a person who claimed they were glad the ability to chose was gone because it was too much choice and they could never decide what to use causing them to take too long to build. Now they have six primary color chairs to chose from- easy, which of course is the biggest selling point of Sims 4, it's easier to use but it's biggest selling point is also the biggest reason it'll never be "awesome".
    Perfect post. And on top of everything, CASt has no effect on how your game runs. In fact CC does, the stuff that's needed in Sims 4 to add original decoration.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    This thread is a cornucopia of awesomeness, except I'm sorry for those of you who have had to say goodbye to RL pets. :(

Anyway, you know TS3 is awesome when you can make Sims who look almost exactly like you and your spouse, then when they have a child in the game, he also looks almost exactly like your RL one.

Also, you know TS3 is awesome when two Sims are having a fantastic date, fall in love, and woohoo, but then one of them basically says, "Oh, plum! I gotta leave!" She leaps out of bed and runs across town (you can follow her as she does) to her job.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    You know sims 3 is awesome when you turn it on intending to play for an hour and turn it off 8 hours later wondering where your day or night went. I tend to only play these days when I have nothing pressing to do because it won't get done!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thanks for everyone else who provided feedback :smile:

I have been playing Knights and Merchants the last two days, an old favourite of mine but will try to catch up on here soon :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    when you play it for hours and hours and you hate to stop playing. :D
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    When you find yourself scrolling through your Sims screenshots on your iPad when you can't sleep and smile over all the wonderful memories.

Poor puppy, but also pretty cool.Screenshot-781_zpsjlmcqzt2.jpg
    Sexy Vampires! This is Sebastian White:Screenshot-799_zpsbgiof3g3.jpg
  • Options
    When you find yourself scrolling through your Sims screenshots on your iPad when you can't sleep and smile over all the wonderful memories.

Poor puppy, but also pretty cool.Screenshot-781_zpsjlmcqzt2.jpg
    Sexy Vampires! This is Sebastian White:Screenshot-799_zpsbgiof3g3.jpg

I love going though old screenshots! And is that a vampire in the last pic?
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    I forgot this couples cuddling when sleeping so dawwwwwwwww

14uzuo4.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Well again thanks to everyone who commented, in fact this thread was so awesome, we made 'The Mayor's Plum'

I cannot say the sites real name on here as it has been filtered but we have been made famous ;)

The Sims 3, it is happening now! <3
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,330 Member
    You know Sims 3 is awesome when your Sim can swim in the Nile in the sunset, with the Pyramids in the background!

10h8zmo.jpg

bguv0n.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    You know Sims 3 is awesome when your Sim can swim in the Nile in the sunset, with the Pyramids in the background!

10h8zmo.jpg

bguv0n.jpg

Beautiful
  • Options
    AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    > @TadOlson said:
    > You know the Sims 3 is awesome when your notice for the 169 patch keeps glitching out and won't let ypu patch beyond 167.I got that woth mine and get to play my entire collection with all of my Mods and CC installed and active.I can also use CAW and make my own custome worlds and play my legacies in them.Here's what happened when I cliked to check on my Sims 3 game in Origin.It looks like it started downloading something.
    >
    > Here's an old picture of my sims eating leftovers for dinner and failing ot notice their food had gone bad.

> Oh man! I really wish I downloaded the SIms 2 Ultimate Collection. :( I regret my decision so much. Huhuhu
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    > @TadOlson said:
    > You know the Sims 3 is awesome when your notice for the 169 patch keeps glitching out and won't let ypu patch beyond 167.I got that woth mine and get to play my entire collection with all of my Mods and CC installed and active.I can also use CAW and make my own custome worlds and play my legacies in them.Here's what happened when I cliked to check on my Sims 3 game in Origin.It looks like it started downloading something.
    >
    > Here's an old picture of my sims eating leftovers for dinner and failing ot notice their food had gone bad.

> Oh man! I really wish I downloaded the SIms 2 Ultimate Collection. :( I regret my decision so much. Huhuhu

They locked the sims 2 into origin? :s Or is origin forcing you to update the sims 3 if you try to download the sims 2 UC?
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    They locked the sims 2 into origin? :s Or is origin forcing you to update the sims 3 if you try to download the sims 2 UC?

I believe EA locked TS2UC into Origin. The latest patch for TS3 also ties that game to Origin. EA would prefer to tie you, your bank account, every game you own, and all your worldly possessions to Origin.

I own all my TS2 & 3 games on disc, and am Origin-free, and it's gonna stay that way!

• Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

I believe EA locked TS2UC into Origin. The latest patch for TS3 also ties that game to Origin. EA would prefer to tie you, your bank account, every game you own, and all your worldly possessions to Origin.

I own all my TS2 & 3 games on disc, and am Origin-free, and it's gonna stay that way!

I envy you.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

Unreal :s . I downloaded it before they did this so I too am origin free even though I'm using all downloads . If I ever have to reinstall I will have to use all disc.