The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know when The Sims 3 is awesome when...

...when I zoomed out and saw cars wizzing around my active and lively world :smiley:

I know we have had threads like this before, but still, what things make you think tat TS3 is still awesome?

What is the wow factor for you?

Share pics, share stories!

Speak out, speak up and Sim on!

The Sims 3, it is happening now! <3
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    aussieduckyaussieducky Posts: 28 Member
    I love rain in the Sims 3, and snow. Both are soothing in a weird way.

I also love the photo-booths that came with Seasons, where sims can take family photos. I've managed to take a family photo every season and watch as my sims grow older and the family expands :,) Only bad thing is I actually lost the first 4 because I deleted the wall they were on, but forgot they were there ;-;
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Awww @bekkasan I have not done the walk the kids around in a stroller in so long.Sooo cute,cute picture you made me miss it. <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    A whole lot of toddler action going on in this video,it chronicles the birth of my sim daughter from baby to her becoming a yound adult.And even take her for a stroller walk.

Did I say toddlers :o We have toddlers... :*

The first few seconds are screenshots the rest is a really touching movie about growing up.And how fast life passes you by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdCDZtDuVm4

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited January 2016
    You know the Sims 3 is awesome when your notice for the 169 patch keeps glitching out and won't let ypu patch beyond 167.I got that woth mine and get to play my entire collection with all of my Mods and CC installed and active.I can also use CAW and make my own custome worlds and play my legacies in them.Here's what happened when I cliked to check on my Sims 3 game in Origin.It looks like it started downloading something.
    24390719812_3b79db7148_z.jpg
    Here's an old picture of my sims eating leftovers for dinner and failing ot notice their food had gone bad.
    11165537106_3f5fa53b45_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,330 Member
    Sims 3 is the only Sims game I ever played, so I'm not comparing it to others, but I love open world so much! I like that while my household is sleeping, there are still things going on all around the map. I'll copypaste from a post I recently made in another thread:
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    This post should have a sensationalist title:
    MURDEROUS MERCHANTS AND FLOATING GHOSTS

One of the things I love about the open world is that I can look at the map while my household is sleeping, and then zoom in on random places to see if there is anything happening here.
    Looking at the map of Al Simhara one night, I saw the icon representing the special merchant walking through a desert path. I zoomed in on him and got a surprise! He wasn't alone - he was walking just one step behind another townie, with an expression full of hatred. Run, chubby townie! I think the special merchant wants to kill you!
    bjel5i.jpg

Then I returned to the map and saw a glowing dot on the island where the copper mine is. What could it be? Gems don't glow so strongly as to be visible on the map. I zoomed in, and it was a red ghost!
    2db1myf.jpg

What's more, he wasn't really on the island. He was floating high above the Nile.
    1zw0niv.jpg

b97gc9.jpg

He floated to the smaller island with the buyable lot, and there he sank halfway into the ground. He kept moving forward, but by that time it was already dawn, and at 5 PM he disappeared.
    351ajus.jpg

His name is Emad Rateb - his wiki entry says that resurrecting him isn't recommended because he has no traits. Poor guy - having no traits and dying in a fire!

• Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You know The Sims 3 is awesome when you open the game at 7 pm to play for an hour or two and when you close the game, brush your teeth and step into bed, your husbands mumbles 'morning dear' and outside you can hear the dawn chorus of early birds.

Rofl.. Have been there way to many times.In my case it is CAS that steals my soul.Could start a sim from scratch and after choosing each outfit and hair for every category realize many hours have passed.Plus World Adventures makes time fly by like crazy,doing tombs seems short but look at the clock after doing one. :#

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »

His name is Emad Rateb - his wiki entry says that resurrecting him isn't recommended because he has no traits. Poor guy - having no traits and dying in a fire!

So that is what a Sim without soul looks like ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Awesome replies o far :smile:

@CravenLestat Wait there are toddlers in TS3? I would have thought that the 1.69 patch would have removed them to help balance things out and make it more fair for those playing TS4! ;)>:)

LOL. Some people cant start the game with the 1.69 patch :s so I guess they don't have toddlers anymore. Now if you have to reinstall or clean install you have to use all disc and must have the base game disc that does not require origin to stay at 1.67 or download the game via steam to avoid origin
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

@CravenLestat Wait there are toddlers in TS3? I would have thought that the 1.69 patch would have removed them to help balance things out and make it more fair for those playing TS4! ;)>:)

LOL. Some people cant start the game with the 1.69 patch :s so I guess they don't have toddlers anymore. Now if you have to reinstall or clean install you have to use all disc and must have the base game disc that does not require origin to stay at 1.67 or download the game via steam to avoid origin

Its a shame that things have gone that way :'(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Glad I didn't patch to 1.69. Stayed at 1.67. Have a base game disc purchased in 2009.

You know the Sims 3 is awesome when your sim isn't even active (like in a rabbit hole) and you can scan through the whole town and see other sims living lives as usual.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    @venusdemilosims Awesome post,one of my favorite things to do in game.When sleeping or napping to pass time I spy on the adventures of just townies and when in rabbit holes will watch for 2 sim hours and see what people are doing in front of the grocery store etc.Thank you for mentioning yet another feature of 3 that is sooo good.I have caught my Sim girlfriend cheating this very way,clicked on the swimming pool not even knowing she was there and watched her get flowers and kiss another sim.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @BrittanyChick22 LOL You have to tell me sometime about the brand of wizardry you pulled off in that video. :D So let me get this right,she starts to cross the street and finishes and was not caught in a loading screen?? Going to have too google this devil magic it just cannot be possible.

EDIT Love your gif :D

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @BrittanyChick22 LOL You have to tell me sometime about the brand of wizardry you pulled off in that video. :D So let me get this right,she starts to cross the street and finishes and was not caught in a loading screen?? Going to have too google this devil magic it just cannot be possible.

EDIT Love your gif :D

hah Thanks, dumb gif wouldn't upload so i just put the video back up lol XD
    giphy.gif

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Its a shame that things have gone that way :'(

I know :'( . For now glad some of us can stay away from origin
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    The sims 3 is awesome because it has cars.
    6JSxk49.png?1