Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

post pics and links to your fav sims 2 CC

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Woot Rflong to the rescue! Ya you do not want to keep that or any cheat on. :D I don't see their needs dropping so fast...I never get what people mean. :D Have you used your lifetime achievement points? You can put them in needs so they drop slower.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Also, what's different in TS2 from TS3 - it remembers all the codes we type in that session. So if you type in the testing on, you don't have to type it again. Just open it, use the ~ key to expand it and scroll up to the one you want to activate again. :)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7 let me get my head around this, so its not good to leave the testing cheats on all the time? If i use max motives though then that means they will never get hungry and I really enjoy meal times for families?

I have the blender mod and find it quite useful but that's not going to work on motives when my sims are off the home lot unless i can put one on every commercial lot or will that not work? I have just realized I can use the blender to reset the ages so I will stop using the aging off cheat as well.

I will have to pay attention to what they can get with their aspiration points as I tend to save them up over a long periods of time :)

@JULES1111 honestly I have never seen motives drop as quickly in any other sim series to this, when I first started playing I thought it was a bug or something they went down that fast :)
  • Options
    Ya they do drop faster, but are still manageable, especially if you use your points. Every sim starts with 5. Then you earn more as time goes on and they work toward their aspirations.

Go to Rewards / Aspiration rewards / Lifetime Aspiration Benefits and use your points were you wish. It does help a lot.

No it is not good to leave any cheat on all the time. If you turn it on to do something, you need to remember to turn it off. If you use max motives it will fill all their needs, so no, no family dinners, unless you have them eat before using it :D They won't need to sleep either :D I don't use blender, so I have no clue about how that works.
  • Options
    You can place the Sim Blender on Community lots and use it there. :)

If you do want to use it and forget, there's a cheat for that- boolprop dormSpecificToolsDisabled false will allow Buy mode on a Community lot (and during fires/burglaries) and place it to use. The item or any changes made to the lot with the code during a visit aren't permanent though. :)
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Miamine wrote: »
    <snip>
    If your community lot is very big with lots of objects you will also get less sims. (to do with processing power)
    <snip>
    This might explain why when I made a very tiny community campsite for my vacationers it wound up so full of sims. I was wondering why it was so unbelieveably popular....
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    OMG! Thank you!! :grin: I'll test that right now.

Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    <snip>
    If your community lot is very big with lots of objects you will also get less sims. (to do with processing power)
    <snip>
    This might explain why when I made a very tiny community campsite for my vacationers it wound up so full of sims. I was wondering why it was so unbelieveably popular....

The comm skilling mod works very well. I've been using it on and off since he made it. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    <snip>
    <snip>

The comm skilling mod works very well. I've been using it on and off since he made it. :)

I made this great community shed as a sort of mega-hobbylot a while back, when I hadn't been playing for a while and had forgotten about the skilling thing. It works perfectly now <3<3<3 It's one of the few Sims 2 things that drives me batty. So happily, batty no more :blush:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    @Frogprincess_q You are most welcome! Enjoy :D
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @JULES1111 & @Rflong7

Thank you so much for that extra info I thought I had read somewhere that the blender could not be placed on community lots and now I see that it can I will no longer need to use the other cheats as I will only be using it to control motive bars while visiting community lots so it does not matter if the effect is not permanent and I will be able to arrange my beloved meal times around it :)

played for hours only using the blender mod instead testing TCET cheats and have not experienced the problem thank god I can now get back to actual game-play :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Options
    Awesome! Well that nips another problem in the behind. :D Have fun!
  • Options
    @JULES1111 yes thanks I was wondering did you download that golf course into your game and was it a classed as a community lot as yesterday Rflong7 said the golf set from the business career reward could not be placed/used on a commercial lot?

@s1mszzang

wow lovely looking sims I have come across her page when searching for things before but as yet I am not sure how to download sims into the game yet although I have noticed it states with clean installer so are they added into the game like lots and go into the sim bin?

Also I have default faces and eyes already installed so am wondering what would happen with the CC used on the sim or if it would conflict in any way?
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @JULES1111 yes thanks I was wondering did you download that golf course into your game and was it a classed as a community lot as yesterday Rflong7 said the golf set from the business career reward could not be placed/used on a commercial lot?

@s1mszzang

wow lovely looking sims I have come across her page when searching for things before but as yet I am not sure how to download sims into the game yet although I have noticed it states with clean installer so are they added into the game like lots and go into the sim bin?

Also I have default faces and eyes already installed so am wondering what would happen with the CC used on the sim or if it would conflict in any way?

They can't be placed without mods or having owned the lot. Then they can be placed~ Once played they'll stay. :)

*Can only use 1 default per skin color... but you can have more non-default skins. :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 Yes I downloaded it into game, I am putting it in the Pinecone Valley I am still building, so I have not tried it yet. It is a community lot. It does not use the golf set from the career, only the idea behind it. Actually Rflong said you CAN use the career reward on a a community lot, it just has to be a lot owned by the sim that earned the reward. You can sell the lot after, and the item will remain. There are also mods to make career rewards buyable in the buy catalog, so if you wanted to use it on a community lot you could do it that way also. Just toss it in as you are making it.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=374017

Sims are downloaded same as lots, Any CC used, or even no CC sims, will get a default face and eyes you have installed.
  • Options
    @Rflong7 thanks for clarifying that :)

@JULES1111 I look forward to seeing some pics of your kitted out Pinecone Valley when you are done it sounds beautiful :)
  • Options
    Ok when I am finished I will post some pics. I am downloading all the community lots, as I discovered I am even more awful building with them then the houses :D I will make the houses and sims myself though. I got a Mc Donalds :D I couldn't resist!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Don't forget the Starbucks! @JULES1111

I think it would be fun to build a world with a community. I've built a lot of community lots but I think it'd be fun to have lots that fit together in one world but that I didn't have to make.

What always bothers me about downloading and adding lots is that when rotated the light in neighborhood view doesn't change on the lots. They light is backwards in neighborhood than in the lots- if it shines on the front in neighborhood view it will be from the back in the lot.

Which means I always have to build or rotate lots to fit together. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Rflong how could I forget to put a Starbuck's in your world! :D Shame on me!

Ya I have a area set a side, the long part of the street by itself really, set aside for a more "downtown" feel. I have a Mc Donalds, a bowling alley, a mexican restaurant so far on that strip. I put a fancy restaurant near the beach, and a cemetery up in the northern part so far.

The cheaper residents will be more near the center, while the more expensive houses will be near the southern part.

I never noticed the lighting, I will have to check it out next time I am in game. I tried to build my own community lots, but my gosh they were awful! :D I decided I would rather have a snazy looking neighborhood, then to build it all myself. :D

*runs off to google Starbucks lot* :D

Edit: Found one! :D
  • Options
    I love building Community Lots :lol: Now that I have that mod that lets my simmies skill on them it's even better. I made my university sims a sports ground yesterday, complete with a big open area for tossing footballs, a BBQ area, and a table for grabbing a Swedish massage for tired muscles. I just realised I missed putting in a sauna, but maybe that would be better added to the gym anyway.... If you don't like building from scratch it's still worth going into existing lots and upgrading them with bits and pieces from other EPs.

I'm currently trying out my first Super Hood:
    http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
    I have Pleasantview as my base neighbourhood, but I have all the other hoods as shopping districts. It's so novel not having to choose :blush:

Just a little fix that I love so much:
    Level Numbers Added to Job Titles
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=436793

Also this is really interesting:
    Correlated Skins
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=481205

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    @Frogprincess_q I like building, though I am not good at it by any means :D I always make everything so dang big and boxy, a big box is what most of my community lots looked like :D I have gone in and done some edits here and there of the lots I downloaded, but kept what mede them appealing in the 1st place. Nothing major, moved some bathrooms ( one lot they only had one stall in a teeny tiny space) Ya I saw trouble for sure with that! Changed some lights, added a path outside to the door for one, apparently it did not have one lol!

I never played the super hood, maybe one day I will check it out.

I love that mod for adding levels to the jobs! I thought that was great!

I did try those skins at one point, but I was not extremely impressed. They were nice, but I just preferred others.

If you put a massage table on a community lot, does a npc spawn for it? To teach or just give massages.
  • Options
    I do use Phae's skins at the moment but what is really interesting to me is that she provides a framework to have up to 16 skins as defaults. One day I intend to compile my own set from all the awesome sets out there, including some hair for babies... One day... I did start at one point, but admittedly it's a fair bit of work and I'm not very experienced with SimPE.

I suspect most of my buildings are on the boxy side too, they're nothing like some of the amazing stuff I've seen online. I value function very highly. Most of the MAXIS build houses for example are aesthetic enough, but don't make efficient enough use of space for my taste :lol: So lots of functional boxes suits me. Add some paint and decorative details and it come out well enough :blush:

The massage table did spawn an NPC. She can give Swedish massage, the other massages and the ability to learn them are - I think - tied to vacation location.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    Cool, ya I use Lilith's skins now, I love them. I have tried several different ones, but so far those are my favorites.

Ya I like things to be functional :D I just wanted some zing in my neighborhood, and I knew that I was not going to provide it :D Boxy houses ok, but the lots I prefer some character.

Oh cool thank you. At least they can still receive messages, that is good to know! I might have to make my own spa...as I don't think I have seen one.. :s
  • Options
    @JULES1111

I searched for ages for a spa type venue and found the following:

Oasis Breeze is a community swim club with large pool, patio dining, juice bar with darts, and dance floor with dj. Your sims can swim and sun by day or have a romantic date at night. Lot size is 3 x 5 and cost to buy 161,101. at mos the sims.

It may not be the exact architecture I was looking for but my sims love it and I added a massage table that spawned a NPC

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559304

The same builder has made several Moroccan style lots, I also downloaded the shopping center with a dance floor and again my sims seem to love that as well

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=143&page=2&u=2091775&showType=1&showAll=1&gs=0

I also downloaded a beach style lot ( Point Love Public Beach) and added a bar and stone hot tub which reminds me of being somewhere vacation wise without sending my sims on an actual vacation :)

http://modthesims.info/d/524822
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Cool thanks for the links. I checked those out, but they didn't quite hit the right spot.....

I found this one that is gorgeous! That pool!! :o I will need to do a couple alterations to put in massage tables and saunas, but I think it will work just fine :) Who needs a library in a spa anyway? *out it goes* :*

Edit I didn't post the link! :D

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=136084