Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

post pics and links to your fav sims 2 CC

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I have not downloaded any businesses, and only built ones for my sims to run themselves, but if I remember correctly yes the game will spawn someone to run the shop if your sims do not own it. I am certainly not a expert on this matter however, so I could be wrong. You might want to just try one at first and visit to see if everything is ok.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @JULES1111

Thank you at the moment I am trying to set up my neighborhood with lots of places for my sims to visit and buy things-) but was not sure if the game spawned NPC's to run the shops when they were placed as in sims 3 I had to have mods to restock bakery shelves and the like lol
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    It's such a little mod, but I love this so much:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=281068
    MTS_bienchen83-743241-foodeattoddler.jpg
    No more brown goop for toddlers.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q

Awww that's so cute I am going to check if that mod if compatible with a toddler table and chair I recently downloaded :)
    @Frogprincess_q Oh ya I used to use that mod! I loved it. But I removed it when I found something else for my tykes, no brown goop for them! :D

http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/files/file/1779-new-toddler-foods/ A nice selection of things so your lil' one doesn't have to eat the same thing everyday :)

I also love these booster seats so my toddlers can sit at the table with the rest of the family :)

http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/files/file/310-toddler-n-infant-booster-seat/

@JULES1111

Thanks for those links I already had the toddler table and chair but missed the booster seat for the dining table, I also downloaded the toddler foods to try out. I have downloaded a ton of her stuff she has some wonderful object/items for toddlers :)
    @SPARKY1922

Your welcome. I know she has her own exploding folder in my downloads! :D She really made some of the best stuff. Did you get the swingset for toddlers? I love that thing too :D
    edited January 2016
    @JULES1111

Yes and also the toddler wooden swings which I was going to put in a park and then use the take toddler and pets mod to visit community lots with my toddlers however after downloading that I removed it after reading a blog where players were describing many problems with toddlers and going out into the community.

I also removed the visit other sims households mod after reading players needed to be really careful about all visitors arriving and leaving lots properly and how some visiting sims had become stuck and I did not want to go through all that again having just experienced some sort of invisible sim attached to my sims lot and had to start again.

Anyway the 2 mods conflicted when checking them so I decided not to risk either for now :)

can i delete commercial lots from a neighborhood that have NPC's working in them safely or will that corrupt the neighborhood?
    edited January 2016
    Ahh that's to bad. Ya nothing is perfect for sure, you do use things at your own risk.

:o I would not recommend deleting any lots. But if you want to there is a mod that makes sure it is relatively safe to do so.

http://cyjon.net/node/430

Again nothing is guaranteed, but it does check for the most common things that would corrupt your game. It is actually warned against deleting ANYTHING in the game, whether it be lot or sims. Granted I have deleted both a million times, and never got any corruption, at least none that stood out, but there is a chance, especially if you delete a lot from one neighborhood.

If you really want to make your own town, from top to bottom, all buildings and sims, I do recommended getting a custom world to play in. Then you do not have to worry about putting things where you want, and nothing that would cause corruption except you :D@Rflong7 made some nice worlds and posted them here a while back. Actually Rflong makes the best worlds, for 2 or 3 :D

found it! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/792381/neighborhood-maps/p1

Edit: I should also add that any world you download will not show up in with the EA worlds, you have to go to create new world, and choose a template, after you finish filling in the world and save it, it will then show up regular. There are templates of EA's worlds (empty) already in there if you choose not to download anything. I am in the process of making up Pinecone Valley, one of Rflongs worlds. :)
    @JULES1111

Thanks for that info maybe I created the corruption in my last game then because without thinking I deleted several community lots in my neighborhood and added the ones i liked completely forgetting that they may have been locally family owned and I was possibly deleting the sim owners and/or NPC's. this time I waited for your reply to make sure I was doing the right thing by not deleting first :)

It never occurred to me there would be custom worlds for sims 2 as despite sims 2 not having open worlds the OCD in me wants to place all my liked/most used lots where I want them and not just fit them around lots I dare not delete.

I love Rflong7's sims 3 worlds so using her 2 worlds will be a pleasure.

So when I have downloaded a world, does it show up as a world to choose in that line of other sims 2 worlds like pleasanview and strangetown etc?

If I have got that wrong would you mind explaining exactly how to do it correctly as I have spent all afternoon refurbishing some (empty as in not family run) lots and packaged them to use later.

Also are there any commercial lots where sims actually can gain skills for example a gym or library like they do in sims 3 as if so I will add them to my worlds.

I am assuming when lots that are placed that require NPC's will just spawn them and when adding residential lots I just fill them from families I make myself or from the bin and that university, downtown and bluewater shopping will still all be available for my sims to visit?
  • MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    wow - your trying to do a lot in a very short time.
    I hope you got the CEP working - that's very necessary if you want to download custom content, it's the backbone to a lot of things.

Commercial lots and deleting - there's no real problem with this, I do it all the time. Especially on lots that are not owned by any sim that you are currently playing. Your owner sim must sell the lot before you try moving it. (otherwise it resets and you lose all your money) To be safe though, just move your unowned or unoccupied lots to the family bin and then nothing get's deleted. Deleting residential lots that have been used by your sims or have graves in them is a little bit more tricky.

There are no community markers like in Sims 3. You are free to make whatever retail or entertainment lot you like. The sims are attracted by objects. Put in a swimming pool they swim, and you many attract the more athletic types. If you put in a lake and some trees and some swings, it's a park, put in a big TV, some chairs, now you got a cinema, and you can use the electron machine to charge at the front door,

To get NPC's to run community lots you must put in certain items. NPC's are spawned when selling perfume, groceries, magazines, Bon Voyage Food Cart, Bars and Coffee machines. For everything else you must put a playable sim in the community lot and price everything up. But once you create them, buy their lot, build and price the shop, you can stick them in a house and never play them again. Then the shop will be open and your own sims will be able to buy things. For every NPC character that is spawned you will get one less visitor. If your community lot is very big with lots of objects you will also get less sims. (to do with processing power)

There is mods for most things you want to do in sims 2. With extended aging mods (MTS) you should also probably find extended seasons. Or you can use Simwardrobe season mod, or try SimManipulator (a fairly new and respected mod) that have functions like the blender, but it can also change your clock time (if your having problem with community time mod) it can teleport your children, and change your seasons too (amongst other things) In Sims2 Mod world, if there is one way to do things, then there's probably another 5 mods that do the same thing differently.

Before downloading any new sim worlds, why not just experiment with what you got. From the loading screen you can just create a blank new world, no houses, no sims, nothing and play around with that. Yes, your new downloaded world will show up just like pleasantview and strangetown. Or if you want to go smaller, just add a new blank sub neighbourhood to your current world and begin like that.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
    edited January 2016
    @SPARKY1922 We use the term world, but say if you downloaded one of Rflongs, like the ones I linked, they are actually called templates until you name and fill out the world with what you want. After you can save it and put it in the game, then it will show up just like Strangetown and such. There are filled worlds you can download, but that kinda defeats the point. :D

To get any templates you download or EA's, go into create new world, on the select a world screen. There will be empty templates for EA's worlds, along with any you downloaded. You just choose one, load it up, you can even choose what kind of terrain you want at this time. The basic layout with roads and any land features will already be present. You just add the lots, sims and houses you want in the empty world, you can also add neighborhood decorations to the world. Trees, billboards, rocks, all sorts of stuff. Save and its ready to be used.

The only community lots sims can gain skills at are at University and the hobby lots that you get invited too. There is a mod to allow skilling on all community lots, I will see if I can find it for you.

I think Miamine explained the NPC part. For selling you will need a cash register, restaurants a podium, unless it is a fast food or cafe, the they have those counters attached to a stove and such that a npc will spawn and cook the food.

Yes you can still connect everything downtown and such to a world you made. :)

edited January 2016
    @Miamine

thanks for all that information and yes I move along and try to learn quite quickly with things when they start to bother me lol. At first I decided I would simply experience the game as is and while I enjoyed it I simply could not get past the dated clothes and hair so I started to download CC and at least my sims are looking good now.

Next the old buildings bugged me but after reading all about graves and stuck sims I did not bother for a while and started concentrating on things about the game play itself that bugged me and began to download mods and run them through the hack checker then test in game. I am now reasonably happy with the mods I am using now however that new mod you directed to me looks up to date and very detailed and I shall enjoy reading all about that thank you.

Now I am back to buildings and neighborhoods because even though it is not a world map view like the sims 3 it is bugging me because I want my neighborhood to only have the builds I like to see and will send my sims to without everything looking cluttered or duplicated. I will be going at this now until I am satisfied and then get back to game-play :)

Oh yes I got CEP working as well :)
    @JULES1111

Thanks for that skill on community lots mod as i was quite disappointed after realizing my sims were not gaining any skills on community lots especially when I am used to it being a really good reason to send sims 3 sims into the community for.

I have copied and paste the info on new worlds for future use as I am defo going to try that and I love those cooking booths as my sims actually get something to eat without the chef running off to another job or get star struck and stop taking the order as they do in Sims 3

I have one last question and its really bugging me as I have already spent some considerable time looking for this in all the expansion packs and then I will go away and digest and use all this new information again-) I wanted to add golf to a park in the neighborhood and felt sure that this was available in sims 2 but cannot find anything to do with golf anywhere in the build and buy catalog? Am I wrong is golf only Sims 3?

edited January 2016
    deleted....

Edit! I got curious and found this :D

http://modthesims.info/d/199691

Edit 2! Then I found a few more here! :D

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims2-lots/search/golf

and here

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=493440

I learned something new today! Just what I needed something else to download...thanks! :D
    edited January 2016
    @JULES1111

I am so pleased it was the other way around for a change lol but all joking aside I am continually surprised about the new things I learn about sims games.

Looking at those 2 links you provided you can see the golf strip shaped a little like a treadmill and that's what I was looking for in build/buy but cannot find it, if you come across it please let me know where it is because I have searched everywhere.. :)

Ok I will. I will scurry around and see. :)

Lol still learning things exist everyday! :D
    @JULES1111

I found it, it is called Execuputter and it is a Business career reward, I never though about career rewards duh...............

Fun: 4
    + Charisma
    Unlocked at Business level 5

The Execuputter is the best charisma builder as it increases fun as well as skill (at a 250% rate). This object increases sports enthusiasm.

Placement note: The Execuputter should be placed so that the side opposite the ball-return track is open, as that is the side Sims stand on when putting. If that side is not open, Sims will be unable to use the Execuputter. Also, the flat end, where the ball sits when Sims putt, should be placed so there is an open space behind it. Otherwise, Sims may complain about not being able to route to the Execuputter.

The only parts of the Execuputter that should be placed against a wall or fence are the end with the flag, and the side with the ball-return track.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Career_rewards
    edited January 2016
    LOL! Ya I just came to that conclusion while searching. I can't believe I forgot about that, shows ya how often I do business career :D

** still downloading that 3rd link I put up, that just looks like fun :D
    @JULES1111

I think it will be fun too, I often send my sims golfing in Lucky palms in sims 3 and I quite enjoy it so when I saw somewhere sims 2 did have golf I went on a mission-) enjoy your new golf course :)
    @JULES1111

My joy with everything has been short lived again and wondered if you have any experience with an object error too many iterations notice, I can either reset, delete or cancel none work. l I have tried everything I can find on the internet re this problem which appears to suggest its to do with too many memories however I only just made this family again today so they cannot have that many memories lol I also removed all mods and ran them through the checker again and then played for a while without them but the same error is coming up constantly?

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    That's from either having the testingcheatsenabled true on- if the game has a problem it will now ask you what you want to do instead of doing it itself. Or you have a mod in that keeps the testingcheats on.

If you have the code on you can pause it real fast between popups and turn it off. If it's a mod then you'll have to pause and turn off the game to remove the mod.

It's one reason I never turn it on with a mod or in the userStartup.

... plus the execu-putter can't be place on a Community unless it's on a Player owner business and the Sim has it. There's a cheat to get all the career rewards ~ unlockcareerrewards (or type in help - it will list that code). :)

And remember, once they build the business and if you don't want them to run it, they can sell it. The stuff will stay. :)
    @Rflong7

Thanks for that info I am really worried about turning testingcheatsenabled true off as I simply cannot deal with how fast the motive bars go down so do you know if there is anyway around that?

As for the mods I added several yesterday but did run them through the hack checker but it showed no conflicts and I can easily remove those to try it again tomorrow.

... plus the execu-putter can't be place on a Community unless it's on a Player owner business and the Sim has it. There's a cheat to get all the career rewards ~ unlockcareerrewards (or type in help - it will list that code). :)

And remember, once they build the business and if you don't want them to run it, they can sell it. The stuff will stay. :)[/quote]

haha typical lol so I can get the object through a cheat but cannot use it on non owned community lot which is what I wanted it for :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2016
    Yes- Maxmotives works (just type it in)- There's Espresso that helps- there's the Energizer when in gold or platinum that helps, there's the Sim blender which lets us change their needs and so much more.

Don't forget there's the Aspiration Benefits that help their needs (in Aspiration Rewards) - There's the Snapdragons from the flower bench at Gold badge (very nice). When they grow food and add it to the fridge it doesn't take much for them to fill up. :)

Yes- since they can't build skills on community lots... but they can on their own businesses. Or is it that I have a mod for it. Iirc. :)