Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

post pics and links to your fav sims 2 CC

12346...Next

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Wyrren Welcome to Sims 2, hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

I LOVE Coolsims for hair, hands down the best hair out there!

I enjoy sending my sims out shopping, though I know some prefer the ease of just being able to shop from home.

I believe I have that faster homework mod. I like having the kids have more time to play and interact, especially in 2. The interactions are awesome!

There really are a lot of aging mods. Faster, slower, much, MUCH slower. lol I am glad you found one you can enjoy. I agree they do not live long enough unmodded to suit my tastes. They just go through life to quickly, and there is so much there for them to do.

Oh Chris Hatches baby mod is absolutely essential! I love dressing up the babies :D

I hear ya, I never used CC until this last year, and geez I am a total junkie :D So many awesome things out there! It has really turned the game I played for 10 years, into a whole new experience. If you are ever looking for something specific, don't be afraid to ask. :)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

What I mean by move them is what i think you call the hobby lots that have a specific sim attached to them for example like the cooking competition lot ( I cant remember the name) and the music lot where a sim is based who arrives at a sims home lot to congratulate them on their new skill etc. I have not deleted these because I thought a sim was attached to the business and it could corrupt something if deleted and as some of those building look a little old that's why I joked saying I wish I could move them to a little corner lot on their own :)

I don't delete the grocery store/clothes store either as I thought it may be a family owned business and again may corrupt something if I delete them.

So far I have bulldozed community parks/centers, and empty residential lots but obviously not the occupied ones to add the builds of my choice.

I am still insure what causes corruption regards bulldozing lots where sims are present :)

I think I have missed something as my antenna went up when JULES111 wrote thank you for all your awesome lots did you upload more other then the pet store/coffee shop? If so could I have that link again please :)

Also I wanted to ask if I download one of these lots where there are 3 houses on the same lot would I be able to move 3 separate families in?

Lastly the world I downloaded looked lovely but the camera angles were that bad it was unplayable even when I added a camera hack to try and help with it...

Thanks for all your help today it is much appreciated :)

@JULES1111

Yes Rflong7 has been a star today answering all my questions as usual when I start wanting to do something I have to start right away lol

I have learned a lot today again but now I have a very clear idea of what I want its going to take some work to pull it all together and it does not help that my brain refuses to remember everything or even understand it :)

@Wyrren

I have some of those links and I have downloaded so much stuff that I think it overtaken the ginormous amount I already use in Sims 3 lol I think every recommendation/link JULES111 has given me in this thread has been downloaded as well. If you go back a little in this thread you will see a long list for toddler toys that she provided and I have tested them in game with my own toddlers and its so cute with extra animations to boot.

on that note JULLES I came across a working TV for toddlers in varied colors and instantly thought of you, I have downloaded it and its fine in my game and so cute...

BqpLxXx.jpg

https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/2015/04/22/tube-for-tots/
    @SPARKY1922 I have seen that tv before, but decided against it only because I prefer watching my tots play with things, and not just sitting in front of a tv...kinda like I would in real life :D Glad you like it though. :) Oh and my gosh Michelle has made this MASSIVE set of things for Despicable Me over on MTS. It looks awesome!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571427
    @JULES1111

No worries re the TV I had to have because of how cute it is lol

You sent me on another downloading spree with that link as after I downloaded that I moved onto kids bedrooms and furniture relcours so everything matches :)

@SPARKY1922 LOL! oops sorry :# It is hard to avoid sprees sometimes :D Glad you liked it.
    @Rflong7 Woot I found a firetruck for your fire house! It looks pretty in my just getting started map :D

biqhdi.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    That looks Great~ @JULES1111 :mrgreen:
    @JULES1111

how is your world build going? Good I hope :) any more pics to be had?

I finally managed to get one world/neighborhood to my liking with a lot of the builds from the links you gave me earlier so my sims now have so many interesting places to visit and the whole place is looking more modern as well.

I wanted to ask a quick question regards apartment doors as I have downloaded and placed a trailer park with 3 separate trailers on the same lot but when i tried to move a family in I got a message about apartment doors but despite searching for this particular door I cannot find it?

I am assuming if i find and fit this door on each trailer then install a separate family in each trailer they can live next door to each other and interact without any loading screens between them?

I am hoping this is a correct assumption as I have also downloaded a similar build cul-de-sac with 3 luxury houses on the same lot and a community pool and am hoping it all works the same way.. :)
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Apartment doors have a doormat attached. Make sure the doormat is outside the door. If you can't find it post again and I will get you a screenshot :)
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q

Thanks for that I will go back into my game and look again. So will that allow neighbors in different homes on the same lot to live side by side without having to use loading screens to talk or visit with them?
    edited February 2016
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Frogprincess_q

Thanks for that I will go back into my game and look again. So will that allow neighbors in different homes on the same lot to live side by side without having to use loading screens to talk or visit with them?

In Sims 2 you can have up to 4 different controllable families in an apartment lot. Townies will move into any unoccupied apartments. There are no loading screens, but the interior of the other apartments will be empty until you enter them. It's actually a sightly bizarre system that's used, where the game produces copies of the apartment base for each family to live in as far as I can understand. Time will not progress for the sims you aren't playing, but you can visit them without a loading screen and you can even get a neighbour to watch your sim's kids. I recommend making a nice communal area for your sim to hang out in the hot tub or play chess or pool or whatever with their neighbours.

Furnishings might disappear when you move your sims in. There is a hack out there somewhere to stop that, but I'm not sure where, maybe someone else knows?

Making a trailer park works well as it avoids the communal wall problem. Communal walls should be avoided for sleeping areas in particular as noisy neighbours will make your sim's life a misery. Unless, you want to torture your sims that is, then it's funny making them bang on the walls to complain :lol:

Have you seen this kit? I don't know if it fits your trailer park, but it add wheels and things:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=469990

The apartment system all works fine unless you try and place your apartment on a beach lot - then it goes very strangely, with the water level not calculating properly. Really disappointing when you've spent alot of time building :/ But beach lots are pretty temperamental at the best of times, I suppose.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q

Thanks for all that info I was going to leave learning about apartments for a while so I could concentrate on continuing to learn other things however when I saw the trailer park and cul-de-sac lots I could not resist downloading them.

the trailer park has several separate living units with a communal area so I am assuming this is not the communal wall problem you were talking about? I have provided a link if you want to take a quick look

http://modthesims.info/d/498678

I also downloaded the following cul-de-sac which appears to have separate houses around a communal area with a gym and some shops however I have not yet placed that in the world as I require to learn a little more about how to have a shopping area on the lot which requires another mod.

http://classic.modthesims.info/download.php?t=533994

If I download lots with separate homes on them as long as the walls are not touching anywhere on the different buildings will that resolve any problem to do with communal walls that you mention?

After what you have said about the way apartments work I will be having a go at that at some stage in the future but for now I thought trying it out on a ground level may be easier..and I have not even thought about beach lots as yet as I had a feeling it may be buggy.

Thanks so much for that link to trailer kit it is so cute and I can see myself using that in game :)
    That's a really nice looking apartment lot :) When you want to rent an apartment you click on the door to select the apartment you want your sim to rent. Maybe that was the message you got? A pre-built apartment lot like that should have the right doors already (they look right from what little of them I can see).

You can actually build your own apartment lots, you just use a cheat to change the lot type once it's done. As for communal walls, these are just walls that are shared between 2 apartments. Communal areas don't count. I made this row of townhouses myself:

6ST4aGg.jpg

In the closest apartment on the top floor, you can see a red circle on the wall, just inside the glass door. That may actually be noise from the shared wall :lol: It gets a visual indicator as well as audio.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    @Frogprincess_q

I am a terrible builder so am forced to download builds If I want my worlds to look nice but your apartments are lovely so clearly you have a talent for building..

I have a few spare hours later so I am going to go back in game and really concentrate on trying this out because I truly love the idea of having other sims around on the same lot that are not the family I am actually playing :)
    There are also fully functional, inhabited apartments in Belladonna Cove so that you can get a quick and easy look at how they work. There are a few in the lots bin too.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    @Frogprincess_q

I am so used to perfectly creating my world and one family in sims 3 I keep forgetting I can try things out with different families in 2 which then remain frozen if I choose to move on and play other families -) I followed your advice and am playing ready made families in apartment blocks so I can learn more about them as I go...
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I love Alienpod's lot builds and creations on her tumblr, she also has a bunch of resources for cc she uses in her game. I also love her Maple Grove series!

alienpod.tumblr.com & maple-grove.tumblr.com
    @zagboorules

Thank you so much for posting those links they are wonderful creations :)