Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

post pics and links to your fav sims 2 CC

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I really never had good effects with that lighting mod... but that's probably just me.

I like these neighborhood skies-
    http://nimi4.livejournal.com/49332.html

And these for in the lots
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=187229
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Ya still feel like poo. I hate colds too. I have to go back to work tomorrow :'( Spent my 2 days off sleeping mostly, that's irritating :s

@Landscapes101 I actually at one point put defaults for all the maxis stuff, but I removed a lot of the clothing because it was annoying when I would find CC I liked, but it used the maxis mesh, which was now changed, so things were deformed. I have a default for grass from MTS, to lazy to look for a link right now, I have the lighting mod, got it through scriptorium. Not sure if I saw a big difference or not, it was so long ago :/

@Rflong7 I have those lot skies, but I have different neighborhood ones, also from MTS. Thank you for the new lot :) I was waiting for that all day :D Dragging my behind out of bed periodically to see if you posted yet or not :D<3
    Oh, goodness- I hope you feel better soon, @JULES1111

I hope you like it... I added more since the lot was a base game at the time I built it (I removed the Custom paint I had used- there's no need for it). :)

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Landscapes101

Thanks for those links browsing and reading as I type :)

@Rflong7

wow I love those neighborhood skies they look gorgeous as does the new weather atmosphere on mod the sims I will read through those tomorrow but can they both be used at the same time?

@JULES1111

I understand as when time off is precious with lots to do there is nothing worse than feeling poorly the whole time just to be greeted with another week at work >:)

And anything that interferes with my game-play when I really want to be concentrating on whatever project I have in mind irritates me as well :)
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    If you are looking for more racial diversity with your sims Mina has made a lot of amazing options from eye masks, to skin tones, to face templates.
    http://www.modthesims.info/m/7790189

Also Nouk has some truly brilliant hair solutions from fro-hawks, to cornrows, to braids, to dreads, to hair full of "the word that starts with k and rhymes with link, but will turn into plum if I write it". They are generally enabled for all ages and hair colours too.
    http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=23182

I have been holding off on posting because I don't have pics yet, but these are too good to not share. I spent much of yesterday adding genetics to things in SimPE and making sims in bodyshop, but I don't have them in game yet.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q

ooh thanks so much for those links there is some wonderful stuff there some is very up to date and some hair goes back to 2008 is that safe to still use?

I love to watch sims 2 stories on you tube and have been amazed at how beautiful sims have been made to look and how fantastic neighborhoods remakes are so have been keeping info on how that is done to look at later. (this thread helps a lot too)

I currently do have 1 set of face default templates installed and default eyes but they are subject to change as I go along and my likes and understanding grows.

I would love to see some pics when you have them :)
    I have the Ultimate Collection and it works just fine with Nouk's hair. I have maybe half a dozen hairstyles so far, mostly African hair types, you can see 4 of them in the pics below. Okay, so I just spent ages making a rough collage of my new sim diversity, it's not art, but it's after midnight now and I'm tired :weary:
    sVMxLC9.jpg
    ABXHGV8.jpg
    The eye masks make a really big difference I think.
    The other skin I use - a delightfully freckled one - that you can see on the red haired sims - is:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=229655

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q

wow beautiful looking sims I love the way you use the skin hair, and eye masks it really makes a difference and since i started learning about sims 2 and watching videos I am starting to believe that I sims 2 sims can be made more beautiful and unique then sims 3 sims.

Thank you for taking the time to post your pictures and links it really helps me to see what is achievable and I hope after all your hard work you manage to get a good nights sleep :)
    I spent all night dreaming about Sims 2 after all that fussing around with it :lol::weary:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    @Frogprincess_q

I laughed so much when I read that as I often dream sims things and if I have been playing for a while and someone disturbs me I have been known to answer in sims language to be met with head shakes and stares lol :)
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @SPARKY1922 Yes I downloaded it into game, I am putting it in the Pinecone Valley I am still building, so I have not tried it yet. It is a community lot. It does not use the golf set from the career, only the idea behind it. Actually Rflong said you CAN use the career reward on a a community lot, it just has to be a lot owned by the sim that earned the reward. You can sell the lot after, and the item will remain. There are also mods to make career rewards buyable in the buy catalog, so if you wanted to use it on a community lot you could do it that way also. Just toss it in as you are making it.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=374017

Just going back through some info on this now and found that some people are having problems about where to place the file in UC and was wondering if you can help?

The advice was to place the file for UC is in the base game folder (in program 86x) but I don't have one, the next advice after that was place it in mansions and gardens but I don't have that showing either so I was wondering if it would be pets or apartment life? I dare not change anything until I know the right place :)
    edited January 2016
    If you want to install CC in the Computer files and not the Documents, This is where mine are -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

*I don't put them there since I don't delete items from in the game. I do have the Maxis downloads in my Computer files- like the Urbs and computer...
    @Rflong7

Thanks so much I have manged to find it following that info :)

I have also managed to find and open up body shop which I have never used before and wanted to ask when making sims via the body shop do they go straight into the bin for use in any world/neighborhood I am playing in? Also could you tell me what clone sims mean?

I have noticed in game when I make a sim family they appear to only be available in whatever world I made them in and I am not able to select them from the bin in other worlds so I was wondering if there is a way I can save my sim families to be able to place them in any world/neighborhood of my choice as its getting really frustrating to keep remaking sims for different worlds all the time.
    edited January 2016
    Sure!

When you make a Sim and save it in body shop it will be in the Sim bin in CAS, not the Family Bin in the neighborhoods. Body Shop only makes them so we still have to give them their personality and other outfits.- Oh, only one outfit is given in Bodyshop. :)

Cloning in body shop is just that, it makes a copy of the Sim you choose and you can edit it without worrying about loosing your original Sim.

The best way is to make them in Body Shop and then make them again in CAS. This is because we have to place Sims in a lot to be able to save them to the bin or package them.
    Now, normally that's not a problem but when a family is placed and there are any mods, some mods will mess up your save. There's the Super Duper Hug problem when a certain type of mod is used but not installed* when the lot is reinstalled. I've had it. :(
    http://modthesims.info/t/494937

So, best bet is to remake them or have the mod to keep the bug from happening.

Also, if you want to do it and have the mod then you will still have to be careful when installing that family again because of the family/friend files that will most definitely follow- which is the big problem with memories in TS2 and why I think they didn't' add them in TS3.

So, use the Clean installer to make sure no one but the family is added to the game when installing them. :)
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    edited January 2016
    @Rflong7

whew thanks I think :o:)

More to digest and learn this area is very different from sims 3...

could you please tell me how to download your sims 2 world and what/which folders the files go in please.
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    I never uploaded a Sims 2 world. I have thought about it but I haven't yet. :blush:

I'm uploading my lots is all. The lots don't have any CC or mods- I've checked. :)
    @Rflong7

Oh okay for some reason I thought Pinecove valley was available and have been searching all over for it lol

could you recommend any worlds that are safe I can take a look at? and one last question if I download a primary hood to try does this mean downtown and Bluewater village etc are no longer available to visit from the new hood as I have been reading articles online by other players who seem to be making a primary hood and sub hoods to visit which made me wonder why they were no simply visiting the same places when they want to take their sims shopping of dancing downtown etc?
    edited January 2016
    I think modthsims has a lot of full neighborhoods.

The sub-hoods are not connected. Which means that if you make a new neighborhood or add one, you can still add the Bluewater and Downtown and University but they will be specific to that neighborhood.

Just like WA and University are in TS3- but with TS2 we have the choice to add them or to make our own. :)

So, if you make or add a new hood, add the sub hoods you want. :)

*TS4 is one world in that all the "neighborhoods" are together. TS2 we get to add whichever we want. :)
    And Pinecone Valley is a map I made in SimCity4 and then made it into a world in game. I only shared the map though. :)
    @Rflong7

Thank you I understand better now, I have my CC and liked mods sorted out but I am still irritated by outdated buildings and just want to feel pleased when my Sims visit modern community lots and when looking at a neighborhood view and as much as I try and tell myself to get better used to the game first the irritation will niggle me until its solved.

is it okay to delete the community lots that have sims attached like the cooking competition lot/grocery lots etc that are already in the game or will that corrupt something because there are sims attached to those lots for a specific purpose? I only ask as its one of my initial reasons for wanting a clean map so I did not have to leave old buildings around that were used by sims with a specific purpose, and I am also not sure if any of the community lots have family sims attached to businesses that should not be removed..

If I knew I could remove those sorts of businesses in the world and replace them with modern builds I would remain in the world just altering it to my own liking :)
    edited January 2016
    1. We can't delete the hobby lots- they're in a hidden neighborhood (really irritating). :(
    2. We can delete community lots. If they're own they have to be sold first.

You're meaning the NPCs that work there then it's fine to delete the lots they work. TS2 is very flexible that way, just don't delete Sims.
    @Rflong7

I thought so I wish I could move them to a little corner somewhere out of the way so they can looked dated all on their own lol

Well I have taken the step of downloading a new world to try just to see how it goes so I will either be reinstalling a clean folder again soon or I will finally be able to play in a uniform looking neighborhood and put this obsession behind me..... :)
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Catching up....

@Frogprincess_q You got some nice looking sims :)

@SPARKY1922 Glad Rflong was able to answer all your questions, and the link to the thread with her maps she made is back in this thread somewhere.

@Rflong7 Thank you for all your awesome lots :) I love them! Can't wait till I can stay awake long enough to use them :s Dang cold hates meh!!
    edited January 2016
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Rflong7

I thought so I wish I could move them to a little corner somewhere out of the way so they can looked dated all on their own lol

Well I have taken the step of downloading a new world to try just to see how it goes so I will either be reinstalling a clean folder again soon or I will finally be able to play in a uniform looking neighborhood and put this obsession behind me..... :)

What do you mean by move them? The Sims that live in houses? Community lots can be deleted... the residential lots can be deleted once the families are removed- there's an option to move a family to the bin and out of their houses in the neighborhood screen.

You can make the neighborhoods look any way you want- you can choose to make your own neighborhood from which ever map you want. :)

All you have to do is rename the folder if you want start a new save folder- The Sims 2 UC folder in EA/Documents - and you can move over the folders you want to keep, like DLs and SavedSims. :)

Thanks, @JULES1111 - Hope you feel better soon. :(
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I'm pretty new to sims2. Only been playing with mods and cc about a week. But I have found a few I couldn't live without now, mostly:

Hair at coolsims: http://www.coolsims.net/?show=s2hair&page=12

The hair at coolsims is the best I have seen. The first downloads on like pages 1-3 look more like regular sims2 hair, but the rest of it is just really shiny and pretty.

Shop at home coat hook: http://modthesims.info/d/225251

This is the best way I have found to change your sims clothes. Put it on the wall and let your sims buy their clothes for each category and then change into them!

Faster Homework: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=244132

Hated how long it took kids and teens to do homework. This makes is pretty quick.

Life Span Mod: http://modthesims.info/d/494515

First off, 29 days is way to short to be an adult and raise a family and get a nice career going. Next, I really like playing with babies and toddlers and kids, and this gives them more time to be those ages. If you don't like this aging mod, I'd suggest finding one you do like, there are a lot out there. =)

Change baby clothes: http://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/32432.html?thread=735664&style=light

I really liked finding out their were baby clothes, and this seems to be the only mod that lets you change them. When you click on the bear that's associated with it, instead of clicking an age category like normal, just click the male or female icon, and all the baby clothes you've downloaded will come up.

Then there's all the makeup and eyes and skins and I can't choose just one! And clothes! I'm addicted to CC now. lol
    Origin ID: Wyrren