Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @Me1620 ty pretty sure that's the case on this one :(
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    I remember adding and dividing and not coming up with the correct percent until someone pointed out it was on the total value of the items and I had been using the price of the set.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @Me1620 just one of those things that would have kept returning to my mind & driving me nuts ...lol
  • Options
    Kittycata87Kittycata87 Posts: 20 New Member
    I'm finally getting ads at the rate I used to get them! Managed to net a couple hundred SP today. Sadly the MMAO machine is still not working for me though. :(
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2016
    So ... I'm officially in love with the EST DD Spreadsheet. I call him Edd, and every day I learn something new about him. Yes, we've been spending a lot of time together--we're even making plans for the future! <3:p

Seriously though, I came here to gush about it and found that you guys had just been sharing the same sentiments!
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Heck, I'm such a geek. Not only have I found people to talk Sims with, but now I'm talking spreadsheets!
    Me1620 wrote: »
    ^Loved it!! Sims and spreadsheets. It may sound crazy but I find both are great escapes from OE.

But I could use some help with the spreadsheet...
    @JovialJoy, @JoeJude16 and @Tamaek - If you have any questions about or suggestions to improve the spreadsheet, please let me know. The DD spreadsheet started out as a very basic list. It evolved because of suggestions from fellow DD stalkers. I created the time zone specific sheets based on comments made here. I value your feedback. I hope you see your rows turn green :mrgreen:

In the Set Tracking* tab, do I enter the percentage I already own or still need?

*Edited to reflect the question I actually intended to ask. :D
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    Somewhat unrelated, is anyone else having problems with the Forums today?

Whether I'm using my cell phone or laptop, I usually get redirected to a very scammy-looking search engine, plastered in ads, with a browser tab that reads Non-Existent Domain.

Just to cover my bases:
    • I tried going incognito. No changes.
    • I cleared browser history and restarted it. No changes.
    • I turned off all browser extensions. No changes.
    • I ran my adware, removed any threats, rebooted. No changes.
    • I changed my password. No changes.

Has the site been hacked? :#

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Planning on picking up Palace of Versailles and Luxury Resort Attire today! :) Excited.

Also, if anyone has Microsoft edge - it's working incredibly well for simpoints. I started around 130 and now I'm up to 694!
  • Options
    Gamefreak130Gamefreak130 Posts: 29 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    ......Still, I hate how much space Origin takes up on my drive, and I've thought about hunting down an earlier release of The Sims 3 so that I can play without it.

Will an earlier release be compatible with all the later content?

I'm on MacOS and although space isn't an issue for me with a TB drive, I find that the game runs more smoothly if I launch directly from the game icon without going through Origin. But I only have hard copies of about half my EPs and less than half of my SPs, so I figure I'm pretty much stuck with them. But if you find a work around on Windows, especially without hard copies, please keep me posted, since I'm moving the Sims to it's own Windows system. Again, space won't be an issue, but it never hurts to keep the overhead down.

If you have a disk version of the base game and all EPs and SPs from before the 2012 'refresh,' you can manually patch the game to 1.67, which is fundamentally the exact same game as 1.69; the only difference is that 1.69 has the gimmicky pack selector and is permanently tied to Origin. With the exception of core mods, any custom or store content made for 1.69 would work just fine on 1.67.

As for performance impacts, YMMV. You may get better performance simply because Origin isn't hogging RAM and CPU, or it may be about the same. Personally, I don't see or feel any difference in my 1.69 game.
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Gamefreak130 welcome to the DD thread and the forums
    Welcome to any of our new friends I missed out on welcoming
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,088 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday, @Nonsequitorian. Hope you had a wonderful day!
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

• Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2016
    Somewhat unrelated, is anyone else having problems with the Forums today?

Whether I'm using my cell phone or laptop, I usually get redirected to a very scammy-looking search engine, plastered in ads, with a browser tab that reads Non-Existent Domain.

Just to cover my bases:
    • I tried going incognito. No changes.
    • I cleared browser history and restarted it. No changes.
    • I turned off all browser extensions. No changes.
    • I ran my adware, removed any threats, rebooted. No changes.
    • I changed my password. No changes.

Has the site been hacked? :#

Had it yesterday... It's more likely caused by an update by EA on this forum, and, yet again, they didn't tell us in advance, but they also claim they don't keep us in the dark...

And now thesims3.com seems under maintenant too...
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited October 2016
    @JovialJoy
    So ... I'm officially in love with the EST DD Spreadsheet. I call him Edd, and every day I learn something new about him. Yes, we've been spending hours together every day--we're even making plans for the future! <3:p
    ^^^This just made me smile!
    In the Items-Owned tab, do I enter the percentage I already own or still need?

You simply type the word "Owned" in Column B next to the items you own. Then it will show up in Column D in the "Current and Next Rotations" tab. What I use it for, and assume Jodi's intent, is so that when you are looking to schedule purchases you know what you already have at a glance.

EDIT: Oh, and it gets really cool to see the list change color as you own more and more stuff!

aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    @Tamaek, the "quiet" alarm this morning worked and I nabbed BahHaus practically in my sleep and didn't actually get up till 2 hours later.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    We were talking about the Owned tab... I also use it one other way. Because Column B shows up in the Current Rotation, I also use it to make notes to myself about specific items. Sometimes you don't need every piece from a set available on the DD in order to get the set free when it comes up in rotation, so I choose which ones I need and then put "Don't need" in the "Owned" column so that I don't accidentally spend more than I need to.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Is this the regular spreadsheet where you can type owned and it changes color?
  • Options
    Also, thank you to @JoeJude16 for the gift :)
  • Options
    Kittycata87Kittycata87 Posts: 20 New Member
    @Tamaek, the "quiet" alarm this morning worked and I nabbed BahHaus practically in my sleep and didn't actually get up till 2 hours later.
    I'd planned to buy it but got completely side-tracked and *just* missed it! >< Oh well, just 3 months to wait for it to roll around again! Though hopefully I'll be up early enough to snag it in November as it's only around 40SP more...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @JovialJoy
    So ... I'm officially in love with the EST DD Spreadsheet. I call him Edd, and every day I learn something new about him. Yes, we've been spending hours together every day--we're even making plans for the future! <3:p
    ^^^This just made me smile!
    In the Items-Owned tab, do I enter the percentage I already own or still need?

You simply type the word "Owned" in Column B next to the items you own. Then it will show up in Column D in the "Current and Next Rotations" tab. What I use it for, and assume Jodi's intent, is so that when you are looking to schedule purchases you know what you already have at a glance.

EDIT: Oh, and it gets really cool to see the list change color as you own more and more stuff!

@JovialJoy - You made me laugh and made my day. I love that you and Edd are making future plans.

@JoeJude16 is correct. My intent was for you to enter messages on the Set_tracking and Items_Owned sheets and that information will transfer to the current rotation. You can see what should be free, what is owned, what deals you are waiting for.

On the Items_owned sheet, you type "Owned" in column B for the items you own. This is from the Welcome tab on the spreadsheet
    This sheet is an extension of the Set_Tracking sheet. This sheet automatically duplicates ownership information for sets based on what you have entered on the Set_Tracking page. You then manually update ownership of other items by typing "Owned" in Column B. (Careful not to delete the formula in a row related to a set. If you do, simply copy and paste the formula from cell in Column B.

The row turns green because of conditional formatting. If you type anything else besides "Owned", the row won't turn green. You only have to enter information about individual items, venues and the one world. For sets, if you type "Owned" on the Set_tracking tab, that information is automatically entered on the items_owned sheet.

After you own a set, you may wish to search for all the times the set name appears in column C on Items_Owned. Anytime the set name appears in column C, the item in column A will be included in the set. Then mark the item as owned.

On the Set_tracking tab, Column D is the cell that by its contents turns the row green if the cell contains "Owned". The cell, and not the row, will turn yellow if you enter the word "Waiting". If you are waiting for a specific green deal number you can enter "Waiting for # 833". This message appears on the current rotation tab, so you can see not to buy a set if it comes up for a yellow or red deal. If you will be getting a compilation for deal 833, you can also enter "Waiting for # 833" in Column D for all its subsets, so you don't buy them when you will get them free after buying the compilation.

Have you notice on the Current & Next Rotation tab, the cell that is the free indicator? If column E, your CYS, is lower than Column F, the estimated CYS for the set to be free, column G has black fill with yellow font saying "Should be free".

equuest wrote: »
    Is this the regular spreadsheet where you can type owned and it changes color?

@equuest - The spreadsheet where you can track your progress is not the regular sheet, which is read-only. I created time zone specific spreadsheets for people to download so they could track their purchases and only see the deal times for their time zone and not the 9 time Zones in the regular spreadsheet. You can find the time zone sheets on page 1 in this post. If your time zone is not there, I would be happy to create it for you.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    We were talking about the Owned tab... I also use it one other way. Because Column B shows up in the Current Rotation, I also use it to make notes to myself about specific items. Sometimes you don't need every piece from a set available on the DD in order to get the set free when it comes up in rotation, so I choose which ones I need and then put "Don't need" in the "Owned" column so that I don't accidentally spend more than I need to.

@JoeJude16 - Great Tip.

• Options
    Here is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24ish hours

210 ) Luxury Resort Attire / 693 / 1337 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: August 2011 Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

211 ) Through the Spy Glass / 476 / 601 / 21% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 425, # 843, # 875)

This is a one-hour deal

212 ) Ideal of Emptiness Table / 44 / 133 / 67% / 1 hour
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation; Eloquently Eclectic Collection

213 ) Palace of Versailles / 463 / 1342 / 65% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 213, # 650, # 350, # 417)

214 ) Vertical Challenge Rock Wall / 200 / 545 / 63% / 2 hours
    Part of: Man Cave Compilation; Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation (indirectly by owning Adventurous Life!)
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 573 but less than # 773)

215 ) Doric Column Fence / 12 / 31 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation; Villa Paraíso

216 ) Ruffled Romper / 30 / 45 / 33% / 2 hours
    Part of: Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes; January 2013 Compilation

217 ) Palm Light / 15 / 15 / 0% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Villa; Island Escape Compilation; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

218 ) Show Stopping Style- Tie-cklace Jacket / 28 / 45 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Show Stopping Styles Collection; Seeing Stars

219 ) Lit Floral Lamp / 30 / 41 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sweet Escape Nursery; April 2011 Compilation

220 ) Food Sample Sculpture / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining; Best of 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 220, # 520)

221 ) Tropi-Con FauxFrond / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study)
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 221, # 237)

222 ) T-Shirt over Tank / 34 / 75 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yay I finally got Palace of Versailles! It cost 463 and I had 470 points. It was meant to be. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Eigan123Eigan123 Posts: 17 Member

@JoeJude16

This may be of some help to you specifically in regards to building a Windows system to handle Sims 3 but in any case, it'll be posted here:

For those who have the Steam version, running the Sims3LauncherW.exe file bypasses the Steam client. I also was searching for a way to keep overhead down and so that was what my research revealed.

It seems to have helped minimize lags/hiccups in game.

The path that contains Sims3LauncherW.exe on the Steam version can be found in something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Run that and hopefully, it results in a pristinely smooth gaming experience :).
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Hey Jodi,

When I was spending some time with Edd, and using my browser's "find" feature on the front page, I noticed a few things. And being that you seem so diligent about upkeep around here, I thought you'd want to know!
    232 ) Drifter's Desire / 567 / 714 / 21% / 2 hrs (Less than # 577 & # 897 same as # 712 but more than # 332)

When I searched for Drifter's Desire, I noticed that deal #232 claims that it's more than deal #332. However, this is the latter deal:
    332 ) Harmonious Trio Floor Baskets / 35 / 121 / 71% / 2 hrs :mrgreen:

And when I searched for the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, I couldn't immediately find the "green deal" because a typo kept it from appearing in the results:
    771 ) Deliciously Indgulgent Bakery / 855 / 1900 / 55% / 2 hrs (Less than # 172 & # 580) :smiley:

Notice the extra g after the d in "Indulgent?"

Finally...
    598 ) Empyrean Luxury Loveseat / 60 / 81 / 26% / 2 hrs (More than 141)

But deal 141 is for a different item--albeit similar.
    141 ) Empyrean Luxury Loveseat (3 seat) / 38 / 81 / 53% / 2 hrs :smiley:

Hope this is a help and not a nuisance! Now, back to Edd! <3
    Post edited by JovialJoy on

• Options
    edited October 2016
    By the way, didja notice? I'm a full fledged member now! And I'm fighting the urge to go back and edit all of my previous posts now that I have that privilege. :D

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    By the way, didja notice? I'm a full fledged member now! And I'm fighting the urge to go back and edit all of my previous posts now that I have that privilege. :D
    Congrats on becoming a full member. You can now make a signature, maybe with a Wishlist link in it :smiley:
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top