Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    Welcome Phantom :) Maybe we should call gim Phany as nickname ;)

That's really cute!
    Phantom...is there a reason behind the name? That's one thing I hate about complaints. They CONSTANTLY need food or they'll eat your sims. Just a pain so I've given up on them. Their bones look nice in a cemetery.

My native language isn't English, but when writing about Avery and Jameson coming back together I constantly had the sentence "could you phantom us ever being together again?" in my head. I wasn't entirely sure whether this was correct English, so I didn't use it in my story. Until they got a little baby boy and it needed a name. Phantom.

I love cowplants! But I hate it when they die, so I try not to plant them. The challenge, however, demanded it.
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @Sterretjeee I think the word you were thinking of is fathom, it means understand after much thought (people use it in ways similar to imagine). A phantom is usually used to refer to a ghost.
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee I think the word you were thinking of is fathom, it means understand after much thought (people use it in ways similar to imagine). A phantom is usually used to refer to a ghost.

That's possibly it. Like I said English isn't my native language, and while most of the time I'm rather 'good' at speaking it. I still make mistakes. Hence the fact that I didn't use it in my story, it didn't sound quite right.
    So in a way, Phantom should've actually been called fathom. :D
    Well at least now his name has an interesting backstory, even outside of the story o:)
  • Options
    1.18 Blue

mjlk61.jpgwk2slj.jpg

"Mom!" Blue ran to the kitchen, my teacher told me that I'm officially mentally gifted! Blue's eyes sparkled. "Isn't that amazing!" Avery pulled her son into a hug. "That's great Blue! My little whizzkid. And so close before summer!" After the Summer Blue would officially attend high school, he would be a real teenager. He still had so much to do before that!

ot2kw3.jpg4rqhzt.jpg

Blue started with testing a drink he had made. It smelled awful and had an orange-ish colour. Without thinking twice about it he put the glass on his lips. "Blue!" His mother yelled from Phantom's room. "That better be orange juice!" As he put down the glass on the table he yelled back. "No, mom. It's for science!" Followed by a loud and incredibly dirty smelling fart. Both Blue and his mother burst out in laughter. "So, now I know what laxatives mean!" He said. Avery made a note to herself to put those on a high shelf.

n2keqh.jpg

"So, what exactly are these?" Avery looked at the suspiciously green looking drinks at the table. "Don't worry, I didn't put anything from the medicine cabinet in there!" Blue tried reassuring his mother, but miserably failing. "You're not allowed in there anyway." She said. "These here are filled with food that supposedly makes people happy, like chocolate and spinach!" Avery swallowed. "Let's get this over with. Both put the glass to their lips. No farts of any kind. "I feel happier already!" Blue smiled, while putting down his glass. "Well I don't, maybe it's not the best combination." Avery looked at the remaining liquid in disgust.

2ynmr7d.jpg

Blue went climbing on the monkey bars hoping to meet some new friends. However, no one came to play. He stayed for several minutes when he noticed something. Not too far a couple of children were running to the pirate ship. He was just at the wrong place!

1zzq6xk.jpg

"Hi there!" Blue greeted one of the children walking around. "I'm Blue!" The girl had beautiful green eyes for her complexion, she smiled. "We're Iris and Olivia!" Her sister jumped in and pulled the girl at her arm. "And we're late for dinner, nice to meet you!" The girls ran away from Blue, giggling and joking. He still had no idea which one of them had been Iris and which one Olivia.

200w9jl.jpg117rzav.jpg

Luckily he wasn't left alone, a girl with a beautiful tiara was playing at the deck of the ship. Blue climbed behind the steering wheel. "Arghh, mate!" He said with his most pirate like voice. "I'm captain Blue, what's your name?" The girl giggled. "I'm Rose, captain dear. And I'm shooting at our enemies!" She turned her head to look at him. Blue was taken aback by her beauty. Puberty was going to hit him, very soon. Blue and Rose played quite some time, until Avery called him back in. "See you!" Rose said, making Blue smirk. "Yeah, see you!"

10r6e87.jpg

Jameson was getting all cuddled up with Phantom as Blue knocked on the door. "Mom calls for dinner." He said. "I'll be there are soon as Phantom's asleep." J responded. "Mom cooked something special for us, so be quick or I'll eat it all!" Blue said, closing the door.

nb20p0.jpg

"I met this super sweet girl today!" Blue told his parents. "Her name is Rose and she's the best first mate in Newcrest!" He said making big arm gestures. The entire family had already put on their pajamas to get all cosy, they would watch a movie together later tonight. "Does she live nearby?" Avery asked, happy to see her son so gleeful. "I don't know, but she said 'see you' so we'll definitely see each other again!"
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Blue is so cute. I can't wait to see him as teenager. But in a way I wish he would never grow up. Well, we have little Phany left for the cute factor :D
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Ooh has Blue met a potential spouse already?
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    LOL...I think they meant "fathom". Phantom means ghost. ;) I thought maybe it was a cartoon character or something.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Blue is so cute. I can't wait to see him as teenager. But in a way I wish he would never grow up. Well, we have little Phany left for the cute factor :D

I absolutely adore them. Kids on sims are just adorable!

Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Ooh has Blue met a potential spouse already?

Who knows! Oh wait, I do :D

LOL...I think they meant "fathom". Phantom means ghost. ;) I thought maybe it was a cartoon character or something.

I realized that later on too :D
    Well he's got a cute name out of it! :blush:
  • Options
    LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    this is so well written! love it! <3
  • Options
    this is so well written! love it! <3

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    1.19 Big boy Phantom

f0qjd5.jpg

Today was a really special day for a certain someone.
    And that certain someone was Phantom.
    And that really special day, was his birthday.

2vt2ovm.jpg

Just like with Blue, it felt like Phantom's baby days were over in the blink of an eye and he just decided to jump out of his crib one day. Phantom had been looking forward to his birthday for ages, while Avery wanted it to never happen. She was so fond of her little baby boy and wanted him to never grow up. But time moves fast and soon the day arrived for both of them.

1s1s9s.jpg

As Phantom enjoyed his day at school, Avery had renovated his before dull and empty room. She hoped he would like the colour scheming and paintings, but knowing her son he would appreciate the toys the most. And she didn't mind, he was a kid after all.

9irbkn.jpg

He hadn't yet reached the age his brother did when he first had started working on it, but Phantom aspired to become mentally gifted too. A true whiz kid. After school he had approached a sleepy father and begged for a friendly chess competition, which he won. And then he won again. This was really something that suited him!

f02hqv.jpg

Phantom also was a goofball, constantly getting on his older brothers nerves with witty comments and sneaky pranks. Blue was the eldest and found that he was in his right calling his brother out on these kind of things. His parents however disagree, today was one of these days again. "What did one ocean say to the other ocean?" Blue sighed. "What?" Phantom giggled. "Nothing, they just waved." Blue grabbed his forehead and sighed again. "Did you sea what I did there?" Silence. "Seariously, did you?" Phantom couldn't hold in his laughter anymore, finding himself so funny. "It's not funny anymore." Blue complained. "Water you saying?" Phantom answered, still snorting in laughter. "Stop it!" Blue said. "Yes." Avery said from the dishwasher, it had broken that morning and she was trying to fix it. "Stop it, both of you! That means you too, Blue!" Blue crossed his arm and sighed again, he was getting too old for this. Phantom just giggled as the three last words of his mother had rhymed.

2z57kt4.jpg

"Plum!" Avery then said, as she was electrified by the dishwasher. It immediately caught fire. Jameson just walked in and wanted to call Avery out on her cursing, but he then saw his dazed love staring at the flames. His kids uncertain what to do. "Out, now!" He called them, they left the table and made their way to the door. Both stopping right before it. Jameson walked behind them and pushed them further. "Keep walking!"

2aheck8.jpg

Meanwhile Avery had gotten the fire extinguisher, she hadn't been afraid of the flames for one moment. Maybe it was the effect of the shock she had received, or maybe it had been the fact that she just wasn't scared of flames. She put the fire out just as Jameson walked back in to get her out of the house.

33nx7af.jpg

"Avery, are you okay?" Avery wasn't entirely sure herself. She felt a little... roasted. Even though she hadn't been on fire herself. Had she? The shock, of course. It had been the shock of electricity. "Come, lay down for a moment." He pulled Avery to the bedroom and tucked her in. "Sleep it off, I'll take care of the kitchen." Avery didn't know how to respond, so she just went to sleep.

bilzia.jpg

As J walked into the kitchen, he got really tense. How could she have been so incautious, she could have died! J was tense. Tense from the fire, tense from caring so much about one person. And suddenly also tense from having the same job for months.

zl98j7.jpg

He quit, he pulled out his phone and called his boss. No, it didn't work out. No, he wouldn't continue. No, he wouldn't just stick with one job. He wouldn't COMMIT to one job.

zxl9nq.jpg

After calling the insurance about the kitchen J called his sons back in. The house wasn't dangerous because of the smoke. They just couldn't use the kitchen right now. Not wanting his sons to know how tense he was, he smiled at them and read them a book. Phantom was caught up in the story from the beginning, but Blue quickly got bored and started on his homework.

ji0zsi.jpg

The next morning Blue and Phantom snuck out of bed early. They felt guilty towards their mom, for quarreling over nothing. They were afraid that if it weren't for them, the dishwasher hadn't caught fire. In the early hours of the morning, still in their pajamas they snuck into the living room and took the camera. Taking a picture together, to show how well they got along. Soon they would print it for their mother.
  • Options
    The boys are both awesome <3

I really enjoy playing them! I barely create boys myself, the game does a better job anyway!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    The boys are so cute! Nice mix of both parents too.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

I find them just so adorable, really tempting to put aging off. But it's against the rules :D
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

I find them just so adorable, really tempting to put aging off. But it's against the rules :D

I can relate! I don't want little Christian to age up either in my game! Sometimes they are so adorable as kids.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Such a cute picture! Avery has the best kids <3 J is so lucky to be in this family! ;)
  • Options
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Such a cute picture! Avery has the best kids <3 J is so lucky to be in this family! ;)

He sure is! o:)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    1.20 Blue's birthday

5zf9g5.jpg

Blue and Phantom were having breakfast the day of Blue's birthday. It was summer and after this vacation he would attend high school. So basically this was his teen-birthday. But the atmosphere in the house was tense. Avery and Jameson were denied access to another lot on town to build, because the ground was unliveable yet. It would take several years before they would be finally allowed to live there, and then the entire building process still had to start. So no park build by Avery any time soon. They decided that with the building permit they had, they'd add a second floor on their house. Moving the boys bedrooms and the bathroom upstairs so that they had more room downstairs. It wasn't what they had hoped, and it looked clumsy. But it was the best they could do right now. Jameson had quit his job in sports and started one in culinary, even though he didn't know how to cook. On top of that Avery had gotten a really depressing call last month. Her father had died only a day after her mother. In a blink of an eye she lost both her parents. Nova visited more than ever and they often sat on the couch, throwing painful smiles and wiping away tears. But live went on without Hugo and Tanya and Blue's birthday was really today. And she couldn't deny Blue a birthday party.

5fnign.jpg

Blue hadn't spoken with Ludo much and when his mother asked whether to invite him to his birthday he had denied. He would much rather invite Rose. She was his best friend and they saw each other every day at school. When Blue's party started Rose ran to his room and threw her arms around him. "Happy birthday!" She said enthusiastically. She took him at arm length, holding his shoulders. "You're so close to your teen-years! It's so exciting! I have to wait at least another week!" Blue smiles at his best friend. "We'll both attend high school together after the summer anyway! That week doesn't matter!" Downstairs he heard yet another knock on the door. "I think that's aunt Nova, are you coming?" He said, while leaving the room.

1erkb6.jpg

Downstairs Avery had already let Nova in. She had already dressed up, but hadn't finished her lunch yet. Jameson came to check on the two girls immediately, there had been a lot of crying and he had hoped that today they wouldn't. For Blue's sake. But while Nova was looking a bit uncomfortable, Avery had a big smiled plastered on her face. "Hi sweetheart!" She greeted him. "Is everything okay?" J didn't know what to say. Luckily Phantom ran between the adults legs soon enough. "When are we going to do cake! Mom baked an AWESOME cake!"

2dqn56x.jpg

Everyone gathered in the kitchen and admired the zombie cake standing on the table. It had candles stuck in his face. One by one Jameson lit them, and Avery ordered Blue to stand on the other side of the table for the picture. Something about lightening.

33xzoeq.jpg

Jameson started singing an embarrassing birthday song, but no one seemed to mind. Only Phantom wished he would just get his arm out of his face. He wanted to see Blue blow out the candles! Rose sat at the table, listening to every word coming out of J's mouth. "Blue is my boy! And I don't care he's a teenager now! Because he'll always be my babyboy!" She giggled.

2mi10ud.jpg2rfromo.jpg

Though in fact Blue only got a second older, it felt like he had gotten years older. He felt so mature and his voice was way lower now. It was probably birthday euphoria. He really felt like starting high school now.

16gz91l.jpg

Rose sat down across Blue's mother, and suddenly she looked so young. Was it just his imagination? Phantom looked younger too, but he had been born way later than Blue. While Rose her birthday was only days away. Maybe after that he would see her like he saw her five minutes ago again. But right now she just felt so young.

evc0av.jpg

"Blue." Avery shoved her chair from the table as she stood up. "Now that you're officially a teenager. We, your dad and I, thought that maybe you would like a more mature room too. Now don't get too excited. It's still a little empty, because it'll have to form character over the years. But it's bigger and more mature." Together they walked up the stairs and opened the door next to the bathroom.

9tl7av.jpg

The room was big, it had a double bed, a stereo and a guitar. Blue had been creative as child and Avery thought it would be a good idea for him to do something with that now. On the wall hung some pictures and his birth certificate. Blue already made a promise to himself to fill it up more over the time. It was the most beautiful birthday gift he could think of.

dr36rt.jpg

"Phantom?" Phantom was practicing calculations on the computer when Blue approached him. "Yes?" He answered, turning his head towards his brother. "Mom told me you want to be mentally gifted, like me." Phantom started nodding enthusiastically. "Yes, that would be so awesome!" Blue smiled. "You know what helped me a lot? The science lab in my room. Would you like to have it?" Phantom couldn't contain his excitement and hugged his brother. "Yes please." He whispered.

68hr8w.jpg

Blue as teen in CAS. He still has this really friendly face and I think he represents both parents. Only Avery a little more. His child trait had been creative and the trait he gained towards his teen years is perfectionist. If he isn't chosen as heir his aspiration will be nerd brain, which surprisingly fits his child aspiration really well. I will have a heir vote after Phantoms teen birthday.
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on
  • Options
    Blue is amazing. I really wanna know how Rose turns out.

I just finished writing that episode! :D
    But I'm a few episodes ahead with what I post so have a little patience o:)
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Oh my gosh Blue is so handsome! I wonder how Phantom will turn out.
  • Options
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh Blue is so handsome! I wonder how Phantom will turn out.

Blue is the perfect mix of his parents genetics! When Phantom is a teenager, I will start the heir vote o:)
  • Options
    OncerFan4LifeOncerFan4Life Posts: 125 Member
    Great Story! I'll bookmark it!
  • Options
    Great Story! I'll bookmark it!

Thank you so much! I always appreciate new readers. o:)