Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Exchange Is Bor.... FIXED! YAY! THANK YOU TEAM!

Comments

• Options
    bmit04bmit04 Posts: 57 Member
    Upon request from ddutoit, I shall protest in full... eh hem, here I go- Dear EA, I realize that its once again Christmas time, and I say once again, because you have the discourtesy to put us through this turmoil every year while leaving us completely in the dark as to what is going on. Oh you are quick to force me to go through an update when I have chosen not to, screwing up my game and causing me to lose valuable data. Game play time that took me away from real life, creativity that I spilled forth in pride and great accomplishment, sometimes for months and months of hard work! But yet, you selfishly pull close the drapes and shut out loyal clients who have spent thousands of dollars supporting your salaries causing us pain and anxiety that leaves us wondering if you are preparing to pull the plug and leave us unprepared for final moments with friends and valuable creations. Would it be so difficult to just inform us that the Exchange site will be shut down for weeks at a time over Christmas? I'll say that if I treated my clients at my business so half heartedly, I would no longer be in business!
  • Options
    ddutoitddutoit Posts: 147 Member
    Thank you @Bmit04 - That pretty much sums it up. You do have a way with words.
    ❤️✿ I have a speech impediment ... my foot ✿❤️
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ddutoit
  • Options
    So anyhoo EA - I'm sorry if you don't like our honesty, but to be fair - we don't like your little lies. Even the ones of omission ...
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Quit spamming and bumping. It won't help.
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    I checked over there a little while ago, and see the last upload for Sims exchange on there was from the 12th of this month? Is it shutting down or something? I'll be really sad, if that's the case. :(
  • Options
    foxlordfoxlord Posts: 645 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Quit spamming and bumping. It won't help.

Bump.... ;):D
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    It's maintenance and/or an "issue." Not being shut down, or so they say. Given the time of year and that I think Sims 3 is a lower priority than Sims 4, I'd say they're being slow about it.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Thanks for the response, I wonder how slow..? oh well.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I won't cry if they shut it down. No offense, but the one thing I downloaded from there almost broke my game. Had the hardest time getting rid of those awful stripper boots that my newborns through children were born with/aged up in.

I'm sure there is a lot of great talent, it's just hard to know who unless you've been around for ages.
  • Options
    Oh I have no clue what a Bump is - I tend to avoid the forums as you can see from my limited number of posts since August 2009. I promise I will disappear again as soon as the Exchange is sorted. Promise :P
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @ddutoit, 'bumping' is posting to a thread to avoid it disappearing down to the bottom or to the next page. Basically, a thread that garners little interest other than the 1 or 2 people who posted in it. Sometimes the Title of the thread may not peak any interest, so it eventually 'disappears' unless 'bumped'.
  • Options
    Ahhh I get it now @Okblondee7... disappears ... kinda like The Exchange huh?
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    I won't cry if they shut it down. No offense, but the one thing I downloaded from there almost broke my game. Had the hardest time getting rid of those awful stripper boots that my newborns through children were born with/aged up in.

I'm sure there is a lot of great talent, it's just hard to know who unless you've been around for ages.

I once went 'exchange shopping' back in 2013 (A year after I'd gotten sims 3) and I've never been there since.

If I ever do go back there, I usually use custard or something on the sim I'm planning to put into my game.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Yep, the infamous "daytime, night time everyday shoes", caused pretty much every simmer a headache at one time or another, because someone using the workshop checked off every age group when the boots were only meant for adults/young adults..

Anyway, it's true, you can pick up some bad cc in the exchange, you just have to watch out, click on the Sim you're downloading, and review their outfits first.

I've actually found quite a few gems in the exchange, there's some good creators, with good skins, and clothes etc..
  • Options
    fruitydonfruitydon Posts: 2 New Member
    > @foxlord said:
    > Sindocat wrote: »
    >
    > Quit spamming and bumping. It won't help.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Bump.... ;) :D

Hahaha excellent!
  • Options
    fruitydonfruitydon Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2015
    Please fix the exchange EA, it's been out for far too long, my sims are stacking up here!
    I am not 'fruitydon' anymore by the way, but 'JingleBoots'.
  • Options
    LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    I'm not often seen on here, because we have to inform the german support first. Moderator Gagea passed our complainment to the US-Forum. Nothing happens, the exchange is still stuck. So, I agree with ddutoit, can't you fix it or won't you? Come on EA. don't let your costumers standing in the rain, no matter, from where they come. "The Sims" are your work, but we all brought it to life, please don't kill it.
    Thank You and Happy Holidays to all.
  • Options
    SimsmaniaaaczkaSimsmaniaaaczka Posts: 1 New Member
    I am disappointed with EA. I guess I just have us somewhere. They take us all the joy of creating and sending Sims. I doubt will take this into account and quickly fix it. I lost patience and wanted to play in The Sims 3.
  • Options
    LilaLatzhoseLilaLatzhose Posts: 16 New Member
    Hello EA, we are still here and like to show/share and recommend our sims!!!! The Sims3 community is alive :)
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    I'm almost thinking this is a passive aggressive way of them shutting down the site, and/or forcing everyone to Sims 4, which won't work.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    GlimmeringsGlimmerings Posts: 143 Member
    I agree... I have trouble making sims that I'm happy with so I download a sim off the exchange that I think is nice looking to use as a "base," and then I change their makeup, hair, skin, clothes, traits, etc. I haven't run into the boots recently but I always download from people I've seen around and know are trustworthy.
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    What's odd is, although looking at the exchange, nothing new is showing up... I have been able to upload things. They just don't show up in the general exchange area, so I have to get the link off of the post on 'My Page' or from my studio. It's like, things are still uploading, but they're not being put into the database where everyone can see them.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This is the first I heard about this. I hope they fix it soon as I have a world to upload in the near future :#
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    No luck yet ... Oh well. We still love you LOTS EA ... Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone. Mwah. I blow you kisses :)
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I uploaded Monday just gone. I have noticed that it shows lots before the 12th but you could do what I do, promote it on WordPress, tumble and add a link to the exchange.