Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Exchange Is Bor.... FIXED! YAY! THANK YOU TEAM!

Comments

• hexe58hexe58 Posts: 36 Member
    You love Hello! the Exchange works still always not, I please all heart that repaired by you again, play it still so many Sim3 and it come still new Sim3 to players, or even back because they like it better here, what we thanks you built up friendship have have a heart for Sim3 and love greetings your hexe58 their players <3 <3 <3
  • DazedkittyDazedkitty Posts: 60 Member
    I know the sims 3 site was down for maintenance yesterday but the Exchange is still broke any news on when it will be fixed?
    12541070_10208710144053713_5344325822682534069_n.jpg?oh=8a04e5a22e87f7f271750efc44c810bf&oe=5747540D
    COME CHECK OUT MY NEW SIMS 3 CREATIONS

• fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    edited January 2016
    I do appreciate that someone official is looking into this but it has been -->26 days since the Exchange has been functional :(
    Firby nurbs!
  • ddutoitddutoit Posts: 147 Member
    Such a pity the LOL button is gone!!
    ❤️✿ I have a speech impediment ... my foot ✿❤️
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ddutoit
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Dazedkitty wrote: »
    I know the sims 3 site was down for maintenance yesterday but the Exchange is still broke any news on when it will be fixed?

I was so hoping when I got the maintenance page that it meant the exchange was being fixed! :'( Hopefully soon!
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    The exchange isn't safe anyway.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    Sure, the exchange is safe, you wont catch any virus downloading from it.
    If it's bad CC you mean, I think everyone has to learn about it and how it can come into your game.
    So I go with ddutoit and romagi: The LOL-Button is gone :'(
    We all wished, it would be, but it wasn't. Hopefully it will be fixed soon
    edited January 2016
    Actually ... in view of the previous promises made by EA staff concerning the condition of the Exchange ... I would have used the LOL button on the new promises being made. HAHA. Not!
    --> 27 days
    Firby nurbs!
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    The exchange isn't safe anyway.

It can be if you use the right tools to check your uploads and downloads(Custard). Whether it is or isn't, lots of people still use it and it would be nice to have it back.
    Custard is very super but it cannot spot bad cc in package format - only sims3packs. My best advice for anyone downloading from the Exchange - only install one thing at a time and pay attention to what you get on your Launcher. And then go in CAS and check to ensure that you did not get anything awful in package format. One thing at a time ... else you won't know what is rotten.
    Oh. I forgot to mention Dashboard as well. I never dl anything from the exchange until I check it with custard and dashboard.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    ddutoit wrote: »
    Custard is very super but it cannot spot bad cc in package format - only sims3packs. My best advice for anyone downloading from the Exchange - only install one thing at a time and pay attention to what you get on your Launcher. And then go in CAS and check to ensure that you did not get anything awful in package format. One thing at a time ... else you won't know what is rotten.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Sims3Pack files don't install anything in .package format unless a person first manually extracts the contents of said Sims3Pack files into .package files and drop those .packages into the Mods folder structure of their game. Extracting said files then running Delphy's Dashboard is actually a pretty foolproof way of checking .package files for corruption and conflicts and it finds duplicate files so if the same .package file is in the game more than once with a different name or just a copy of the same file in different folders it will find them.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    Ummm huh?? My favourite sim creator, JingleBoots, only uses packaged cc - but obviously I get the sim as a Sims3Pack from the exchange. I always get ALL the cc and if I hate it, I just uninstall the sim and it is all gone. Sooo much better than Sims3Pack cc ...
    Dashboard is very fabulous!! As is s3pe to fix annoying little issues. I personally do not own 1 item of cc in sims3pack format - I keep my launcher for EA goodies and package all my cc. Much easier to get shot of it if you hate it or just get bored with it.
    Bye :) I am bored now. And tired of getting a finger from the EA Mafia - the Exchange is still disabled after many empty promises to look into it. I am giving up and rushing off to buy loads of Sims 4 EPs. Not!
    I confess, I was curious and buyed the Sims4. I regret spending money on it and in there is nothing, I like. I'm not done with The Sims 3 yet.
    Now I'm curious again. Will the EA-Team keep their promise and fix the exchange? Or was it just a chill-pill?
    --> 28 days = 4 weeks
    Firby nurbs!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2016
    Ummm huh?? My favourite sim creator, JingleBoots, only uses packaged cc - but obviously I get the sim as a Sims3Pack from the exchange. I always get ALL the cc and if I hate it, I just uninstall the sim and it is all gone. Sooo much better than Sims3Pack cc ...

It's different with CAS CC. Items like eyebrows, custom eyes, facemasks, hair, etc. do tend to 'stick' to the sim, and Custard doesn't always find these items. I find that it's best to make a new TS3 folder (after renaming my normal one or placing it in a safe place) before installing sims from the Exchange to check them. You can also get the ID numbers for the CC by extracting the sim with the S3P Multi Installer from MTS. That's useful for tracking down CC that's hiding in your cache files.

The only way to not share CC on sims is for the creator to install the sim in their library then share the "name".sim file that's in their savedsims folder.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member

It's different with CAS CC. Items like eyebrows, custom eyes, facemasks, hair, etc. do tend to 'stick' to the sim, and Custard doesn't always find these items. I find that it's best to make a new TS3 folder (after renaming my normal one or placing it in a safe place) before installing sims from the Exchange to check them. You can also get the ID numbers for the CC by extracting the sim with the S3P Multi Installer from MTS. That's useful for tracking down CC that's hiding in your cache files.

The only way to not share CC on sims is for the creator to install the sim in their library then share the "name".sim file that's in their savedsims folder.

Yeah, and even extracting the Sims from the Sims3Pack files doesn't remove CC that's stuck to the Sim--the only way to do that is to put the Sim in the game, strip if of all CC and put save a clean file to the bin. After some of the disasters I've seen from Sims3Pack files I don't plan on ever installing any again unless it's my store content or worlds.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    That's true. I spent hours once trying to find a cc face mask that turned out to be custom eyebrows. I had to change the eyebrows to default ones and if I remember correctly, the cc also has to be deleted (including from the dcbackup folder, which is why the numerical ID is necessary).
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I uploaded yesterday and it said it uploaded but it isn't even in my studio :/
    --> 29 days
    Firby nurbs!
    I was hoping that when the site was down for maintenance that they were working on the exchange. Apparently not.

tumblr_m2a31y6PoD1qju6n5o1_500.jpg
    30 Days. A user in the German forum wrote, that the exchange was down more than one time in all the years and it lasts to until 6 weeks to fix it. Two More weeks to go. She figured, the more we upload, the more it would be messed up. But because there is no hint from the service team, we don't know if it is so, don't we? All I know is, it's never good, to hold silence for too long.