Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 010 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »

Yep! I'm gonna' have 2 fiddle w/the rules in House 009 so we select that Vegi trait if u own City Living & that kind of thing..gotta' love when they add content I wanted 4 quite some time LOL =)

Yep lol
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    New YouTube content added!
    -Manda Panda ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijt0EWsHvtw4AawJKizHKA
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I've been updating rules for City Living & Vampires packs as well as some random wording fixes etc.

WHERE YOU CAN TRAVEL
    *San Myshuno
    -Myshuno Meadows park
    -Sky Fitness gym
    -Any Festival locations the Household Sims are asked to attend
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend or that they host
    *Forgotten Hollow
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend

SOME THINGS NOT ALLOWED
    *Have a playable character be/become a Vampire

GAME SET UP FOR CONTINUING DRIFTERS
    Willow Creek - Base Game
    -Place or Build a Spa on the Pique Hearth Residential Lot - Skip this step if you do not own Spa Day Game Pack
    Magnolia Promenade - Get To Work Expansion Pack
    -Retail Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    San Myshuno - City Living Expansion Pack
    -Residential Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    -Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)
    Forgotten Hollow - Vampires Game Pack
    -Residential Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)

GAME SETUP FOR DRIFTERS DOING THIS AS A STAND ALONE HOUSE CHALLENGE
    Willow Creek - Base Game
    -Bulldoze the Pique Hearth Residential Lot and evict any Sims that may be there - Skip this step if you do not own Spa Day Game Pack
    -Place or Build a Spa on the Pique Hearth Residential Lot - Skip this step if you do not own Spa Day Game Pack
    Oasis Springs - Base Game
    -Bulldoze the Pebble Burrow Residential Lot and evict any Sims that may be there
    Magnolia Promenade - Get To Work Expansion Pack
    -Retail Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from the Gallery
    San Myshuno - City Living Expansion Pack
    -Residential or Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    Forgotten Hollow - Vampires Game Pack

**SIM CREATION**
    -Pick any Traits for the Main Sim
    - - -You MUST select the Vegetarian Trait as one of the selected traits - Disregard if you do not own City Living Expansion Pack

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
    *If The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household this mini-challenge ends - considered a house challenge fail

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
    **Extra Prep**
    *Choose up to three Lot Traits (optional)
    -These can be changed at anytime during game play

MAIN GOALS OF HOUSE 010
    **Unique twists on game play**
    *Your Sim must conduct themselves as though they are a vegetarian type healthy eater (those players who have City Living will have access to the Vegetarian Trait, making this easier to follow)
    Note: There are a variety of foods made on the Cupcake Machine and the Ice Cream Maker that could be considered acceptable for your Sim to consume. Basically, we're going for "fairly healthy" for your Sim. If you own the City Living Expansion Pack, The Heir from House 009 should already have the Vegetarian Trait
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    I have made a start with this challenge. I almost made the wrong twin sister the heir...oops! lol I was already giving her a makeover when I noticed it was the wrong girl.

I move in the right heir and she is now married. It's too early yet for a nooboo.
    I don't have the spa game, so I'll focus on the athletic skill.
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »
    I have made a start with this challenge. I almost made the wrong twin sister the heir...oops! lol I was already giving her a makeover when I noticed it was the wrong girl.

I move in the right heir and she is now married. It's too early yet for a nooboo.
    I don't have the spa game, so I'll focus on the athletic skill.

HA HA I'm glad u caught yourself!
    Good luck, Drifter! Can't wait 2 hear all about your journey...as I'm sure by now you've made some good headway!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thanks! I am not that far yet. My sim has got level 7 fitness and level 1 gourmet cooking. The heir has just been born. Once again, twins! Do you think you have a higher chance at twins if on of the parents is part of twins? I had so many twins in this family.
    Post edited by illusie on
  • Options
    Do you think you have a higher chance at twins if on of the parents is part of twins? I had so many twins in this family.
    Honestly...I'm not sure! But u DO seem 2 have twins fairly frequently =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I have completed all goals, but still have plenty of waiting to do. The heir just turned into a teenager.
    I still have to do some work on the house (bathroom, some adjustment and a backgarden).
    I have not decided yet how I'll entertain myself until the heir is old enough.
  • Options
    TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    I can't believe I'm on house 10. I've never played a single family for so long. Maybe since they move every generation it's been easier for me to keep with it.

Orson Driftwood is our heir for this house.

With just one sim to control I've sped through his young adult years. Really need to focus on the goals now!
    Part One
    Part Two
  • Options
    For me it is a first too, @theamazinglee. Before this family I didn't get past 3rd generation as a toddler.
    This challenges just makes it fun!

Welcome to house challenge 10! I'm still at house 10 as well. I've got 5 days left before my heir turns into a young adult. but I want to finish my gym before I finish this challenge. I'd like my family to go there.

Orson had a good start. I liked the visit to the spa! I wish I had that gamepack too
    Imane and Orson make a cute couple! Congrats on the marriage and the nooboo on the way!
    Oh no a house fire! Glad to see no one got hurt.
  • Options
    @TheAmazingLee & @illusie I'm so glad that The Drifter Challenge keeps u playing past your "normal" generations! So exciting!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @vihisha. The drifter challenge just makes the game more fun.

I've completed house 10 and made a start with house 11.
  • Options
    TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    @illusie I just finished house ten and started house eleven as well! I feel like I breezed through house ten. I couldn't remember where I was in your story so I've started over and just got to house two...Haha!

@Vihisha It certainly has my attention! I'm surprised at how much fun I've had. You've made a great challenge!
  • Options
    Wow that sure went fast, @theamazinglee! I don't think I'll be able to keep up with you at that speed. Congrats on completing house 10!
    I'm happy to hear you enjoy reading my story so much that you started reading it from the start!
  • Options
    Thanks @vihisha. The drifter challenge just makes the game more fun.
    @Vihisha It certainly has my attention! I'm surprised at how much fun I've had. You've made a great challenge!
    U guys make my heart soar! <3

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    juliekayejuliekaye Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2017
    I've been away from Sims for ages. But had a desire to play again so I picked up with House 10. I forgot to make a second save at the beginning...oops. Not good because this house has not gone well. Oh well. I mostly just use the Drifter challenge as a guideline of playing generations. Don't worry too much about hitting all the goals. Just do the best I can but was considering starting over on this one when I realized I never made the 2nd save.

This house. OMG. First, my main Sim Lance couldn't find a female young adult anywhere. Every single Sim he met was adult or older. Or teen. I actually started having him befriend a teen just in case he was still single when she aged up. lol Felt slightly creepy but I was getting desperate! ;)

FINALLY...he finds not one but like 5 at once. I liked one in particular so got their relationship built up but by the time that happened and they married, he was days from aging to adult. She was maybe 5 days away. So right away, she was pregnant. And I got twins! Yikes. That was rough. But I had wanted 3 kids for whatever reason so I went ahead and had her get pregnant pretty quick after. The twins had just aged up to toddler when boom, she goes into labor and has not just one kid. Not two. But THREE.

So yeah, I had 5 toddlers at one time.

Never. Again. :D

It was insane. Every single toddler was angry and smelly and hungry all the time. Hired a nanny, even downloaded a "better nanny" mod to see if that would help. Nope. Did jack pretty much - occasionally she fed them. Once she gave one of them a bath. But mostly just sat around. So I finally just fired her.

The first night that they were all kids at the same time, all 7 sims went to bed by 10pm and slept the whole night through. Bliss. LOL

It would be a lot more manageable if the game didn't lag and such so much (at least that's my experience - my laptop isn't the greatest so that's probably a big reason). Tell dad to give kid a bath...3 sim hours later, he finally picks her up after just standing there staring at her. And then goes to the bathroom, and puts her down and she toddles off. Pick her back up, stand another hour, finally get her into the tub and boom, someone comes in to use the shower and out they both go. I tried to bathe just one of the toddlers and it took 2 entire sim days to make it happen. Now I remember why I stopped playing this game. lol

Anyway, he's about to die and only managed to complete gourmet cooking skill. He's only on level 6 of Wellness. Oh but he scored financially - she was level 10 in the space career (or something similar - I forget) so she brought in just under $3k every work day. So needless to say, they got their house built pretty early on. lol

Anyway, that's my house 10. Massive failure. hahaha Oh but yes, finally managed 10 generations! That was awesome to get that milestone! I've never managed it in all my years playing the sims franchise. :smiley:
  • Options
    All I can say about your post is O_M_G!! LOL what a wild ride!!!
    GRATZ on the 10 generation milestone!! That's awesome u finally hit it!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @juliekaye, wow. Things must have been pretty crazy with so many toddlers! A shame you had a house fail.
    Congrats on reaching 10 generations!
  • Options
    Yes, it was definitely insane! Not something I want to experience again. Lol
  • Options
    I still want to try a challenge with having 5/6 toddlers at a time. That is just something I'd like to try once, and probably won't do again afterwards lol
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I still want to try a challenge with having 5/6 toddlers at a time. That is just something I'd like to try once, and probably won't do again afterwards lol

It might be fun just to try it for the crazy hilarity (especially now with parenthood, which I hadn't purchased at that time. I've got it now, though, and I love it!).

In my house 11, my sim had twins again. And you better bet they've used "protection" ever since! I still struggled with their needs and teaching them the basics but did a lot better than this house! ;)

I hope I don't have some sort of "multiples" glitch. Does anyone use MC Command Center mod? Is there a setting for higher rate of twins and such that I've overlooked? I've looked but not seen anything regarding that aspect.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @juliekaye My sims get twins all the time, though now in house 11 finally just 1 baby instead of twins lol
    I wonder if you'll keep getting twins for the next houses...

I've read somewhere on the forum that if your sim is part of twins the chance to get twins is higher.

Yes I'm using the MC Commend Center mod but I have no idea if the rating for twins could be changed there.
    I could take a look next time I'm in my game.
  • Options
    @illusie I've looked all through it but if you think of it, I wouldn't mind another pair of eyes. Lol I've noticed the birth notifications have a huge number of twins and triplets, too.

Ugh I don't want any more multiples!!! Lol I never had any except early on when the game came out and there was a twin bug or something.

I'm over them! Lol
  • Options
    @juliekaye I couldn't find it either.

If you are really desperate not to get twins you could set the maximum number of babies your sim carry during 1 pregnancy:
    Computer / MC command center / MC pregnancy / Maximum offspring

• Options
    @illusie Thank you so much! I will look at that. I hate to NEVER ever get them again but maybe I can change it temporarily to that. Lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top