Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Models! - Modeling Community Has Moved

Comments

• Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    LOL Mags! That was fast. :D I wanna seeeee!

@Ina That list is amazing. I can be all day with that. :o Well that's if we don't go with Sims-Pixels-Art. ;)
  • Options
    heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Okay that was a super long read, as majority of you know I was inactive here in November due to personal reasons so I hadn't particularly looked at this thread since it had died by the time I came back.

Anyway I am definitely on board with this, I loved unbound. I also feel like this move would bring more people back or lurkers into actually becoming more active than they are currently.

I lover everyone's ideas for themes and names and such... I love vana's purple grey colour idea as I feel looking at more stoney/neutral colours wouldn't hurt my eyes much... I love pastel but i think that should be incorporated in and not used as a main theme colours as they can hurt your head due to having to strain to look at a lot of them.

I would love to help out and become a moderator if the chance arose, I haven't experienc with being a moderator however i do know my way around forumotion well due to my magazine being there and I feel I can keep calm and deal with people in a respectable way.. also my time zone is uk.
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • Options
    JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member
    Uh oh guys. We have a major problem!!!!!!

http://simmetry.forumotion.com/ exsist and it's a sim related site. :bawling:

That site hasn't been posted on since 2013, though....
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hey Heather. Glad you're back. I agree 100% with you. I've thought about taking over for awhile, because I didn't want people to lose interest. I also knew Mizzie was probably too busy stressing about rl to worry about a forum. I should have done it in the first place than put the burden on her. Well I'm finally going to take the plunge. Hopefully Mizzie can join us soon and help run things. :)

I would love to have you as a mod by the way. If anyone would like to be mod, feel free to post here or pm me using the form Mizzie created. I know she received a lot forms, but I never got a chance to go through them with her.
    Admin/Moderator Application
    Username and Preferred Name:
    Experience:
    Time zone/sleep schedule:
    Do you think you're capable of handling situations well?:

Also I'll probably be using purples, blues, and and burgunys for the colors. We'll see. I strain my eyes a lot trying to read different forums, so I'm the perfect candidate for picking out colors that don't burn the eyes. :D
    Uh oh guys. We have a major problem!!!!!!

http://simmetry.forumotion.com/ exsist and it's a sim related site. :bawling:

That site hasn't been posted on since 2013, though....
    I'm still thinking about using Simmetry, but maybe with a word attached. Like Simmetry Art. That forum appears to be dead, but I would have to change the url address and I don't want people accidentally going to that forum instead. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    My vote is Pixel Simmetry! ;)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    ^I like that.

Oooor Art Simmetry. Simmetry Design. :D
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    I really like Sims-Pixels-Art :D
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah it doesn't matter how long it's been since a forum is posted on. If it's the same name as an existing forum, it's a no-go. The server/host (the actual computer brain) won't do it.

I like Simmetry Design... sounds... I dunno. Just has a nice ring to it.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    I might make a new poll to narrow the down name. We want a good name that everyone likes and agrees on. :)
  • Options
    NotMeMaggieNotMeMaggie Posts: 110 Member
    I made this a while ago! Sorry i went to the store, or I would have posted earlier.

24785197719_45e10395ec_o.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    It's ok. I took a break, watched a horrible movie ironically called Pixels, and almost fell asleep. :D

That banner is gorgeous! :o

Edit: Will answers pms in a few. On my phone.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hiya. Me again. Ok tagging people one more time since I can't update the original post. I promise not to harass you anymore. xD

@Eliavah @LeslieM25 @LilacErin @Spookshow @porkipine @Meeshelby @JoeJoe11 @Rivers @megsteroo @alexis3142 @JesxSims @lovejess2 @lialia54 @Sims3fan1986 @esharpmajor @dollarbill88 @swcheppes @themysticalpoet @Issabella14 @HannaHasSims @Ash89 @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @joanb615 @YJB19299 @MizoreYukii @picklesthecat114 @Maggisimmer @Zita1966z @Cbear13 @ironknight35 @PeaceSign101 @Heather1306 @BobSkellington @Jaunty @Rinxes @Sofia4u @Eli @IceTigers21 @Socallucyfan @cheerio517 @Cudan2 @LadyEmillye @KPGeiger @MiataPlay @firecrackergrrl @Minstrel @ayeden @CazzTregurtha @Karababy52 @PurpleKenzie19 @Gemmabubbles @PoppieGirl @Ashley Sims @Sims4Kat @Zbern12 @JesxSims @BabyCarrotz @AmazingAmphy @Ceea @MariTomKaulitZ @TearsDropFast @Freckledfemlock @Sims3ambitions @Lorchies @mz_munster @OnigiriSims @BeechNutBaby @spackichan @peterpunch2000 @Jack creations @SassyDana @lionesskitty09 @_aa13ls10_ @Vanadis @chellemh29 @IncomingVirus @GreenLover331 @InaMac69 @ladybug65 @ninisims1 @Evergreen226 @TayTay4899 @Neiph @ChallengeGreatlyAccepted @bjorn979 @GITTE2001 @NotMeMaggie

Do you all prefer I just pick a name from the list of names given or do you want to vote on it? Voting on it might take more time, because I can't even design or test out the forum without a name.

Note: "Simmetry" is already a forum. A non-active one, but we can't use it at less we add something onto it.

This is a short list names I like the most and some new ones...
    Names
    Sim-Pixels-Art
    Simmetry Design
    Pixel Simmetry
    Simphony
    Snap-a-Sim
    Simtasia
    SimPorium
    So the format might look like this:

Competitions
    -Modeling
    Sub section: Strictly Sims 3
    Sub section: Strictly Sims 4

-Challenges and Games

Building section

Tutorial section

CC section

Off Topic

Stories and Legacies

Well that's what I'm thinking about doing. I don't want to separate TS3 from TS4 too much, so I might combine sub section for some. Then if we got people wanting a TS2 section, I'll add that.

Feel free to suggest other sections and names. :)
  • Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member

I am still in. I don't know how much help I can be, but I'll do whatever you need!
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I like Pixel Simmetry :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    2 for Pixel Simmetry
    2 for Sim-Pixels-Art

I'm torn between the two of them. :sweat_smile:

@Socal I'm so glad you're still in. Any help is wonderful. Once we have a official name I can figure out what needs to be done. I will keep you and everyone updated. :)

Edit: And if no one else votes, I'll just pick between these two. xP
  • Options
    Can I ask a question? :) Will the forum have more social media aspects to it than here? As in, will we be able to follow people, do more to our profile etc...? Or will it be similar to here in that way? :)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,103 Member
    Hi! You have my support 100% :) I've been out of the scene for sometime but I think this is a wonderful idea.

I like the name Simmetry Design.

@BobSkellington Beautiful avi! <3
  • Options
    @PeaceSign101 Hmm...I actually never thought about the profiles. I imagine you can add social media features and I won't do that right away at less it's something everyone wants, but I'll see what I can do with the profiles. TBH I'm still researching and figuring stuff out. :D

@MiataPlay Hey. Yeah long time no see. Glad you're back. :)

2 for Simmetry Design. A 3 way tie. >_<
  • Options
    @ColorMePink Okay, sounds good! :) I know that for some forums you can download plugins for that, but I understand the pressure of finding something. Good luck! :)
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Don't worry. I'll look at some plugins tomorrow. I'm going be using forumotion, which seems to be a popular choice. They should have some cool features.

Well I'm going hanging up for the night. My anime Parasyte is coming on and I might start rambling nonsense if I stay on here any longer. I'll be back tomorrow. :p
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Hmm...we might can add a word on it, but we don't want people getting us confused with anyone else. I'll think on it. I literally had everything filled out too. Booo!

Any suggestions on a name? New? Added on word? Anyone? :sweat_smile:

Hi @ColorMePink, name suggestions - equilibrium :)
  • Options
    I like Simmetry Design... Pixel Simmetry is a second but I do not like Sims-Pixels-Art because that implies three different things and would be a bit confusing to search via google?

Also I'm sending a mod app.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited February 2016
    I love that banner you made @NotMeMaggie ! I did up a very simple one for my choice, Pixel Simmetry just as an example if anyone is interested:

dKvlFTG.png

Ideally I think I'd like one with a sim profile instead of silhouettes - in fact, if someone likes the design and has a good sim profile shot send it my way and I'll replace them! I actually love that sim you used in your banner Maggie, and the earring would be very cool in a profile shot! Either way, I like that simple font style and the sort of grey/purple vibe we're leaning toward.

eta This banner could be easily modified to use with any of the names that include simmetry actually.
  • Options
    Guys, I'd hold off on the designing of banners because different forum hosts require different banner sizes. We won't know what size it is until a forum host and skin for the site is decided upon.

All your banners are gorgeous, but we just don't know what the banner sizes are going to be yet.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Yea fair enough, I just tossed that together in a couple of mins, no big, just a mock up/concept cuz it popped into my head when thinking of which name to pick. :wink: