Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Models! - Modeling Community Has Moved

Comments

• Options
    ladybug65ladybug65 Posts: 696 Member
    ninisims1 wrote: »
    Well, haven't been here for several days but I love the name :)
    ^^^
    Excited for a new forum too! I loved Unboud when it was up and I'm looking forward for some new comps... I might be able to get in contact with some Sims 2 people (I transitioned to their forum before I took about a 1.5 year break) and draw them into this forum, simmuse the last I checked wasn't up anymore.
    2lijr.png
  • Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    So excited for the new forum :D Will the design be similar to here? Kind of clean lines I guess :P
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah. I'm going try to make it look really fancy, but clean. Going use the colors suggested too.

I'm actually doing it right now. Looking really plain at the moment, but I do have all the sections done. xD
  • Options
    SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    I know I'm late to the party but I do love the name Simmetry Design :D
    Also, are we going to have Sims 3 & 4 separate? Or together?
    Because I think it might create more a community feel if all comps were together and then there is different sections for Sims 3 & 4 sims and specific talk.

I hope that makes sense.
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • Options
    NotMeMaggieNotMeMaggie Posts: 110 Member
    i agree, although i am a strictly sims 3, i would allow 2 or 4 in a comp i host! I feel like on tumblr, there is a HUGE divide, so perhaps merging would form a tighter community, and work on bringing us together for the love of the sims, rather than what generation of the game we play.
  • Options
    InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    i agree, although i am a strictly sims 3, i would allow 2 or 4 in a comp i host! I feel like on tumblr, there is a HUGE divide, so perhaps merging would form a tighter community, and work on bringing us together for the love of the sims, rather than what generation of the game we play.

I agree, great name choice too <3
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • Options
    Competitions is one big section. Most the sections are. :)

I'm having trouble designing it. I might need some help. I don't how I would get help though. >_<
  • Options
    how can i help?
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I could help.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    I'm going take a break and try again. I'll pm you both in few. :) I can't get the color scheme right tho. It either looks too dreary or too feminine (trying hard to avoid pink lol).
  • Options
    InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    If its forumotion your using let me know and I can try and help with the admin panel, anything you need to know just ask <3
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • Options
    Ditto to what Ina said. But yeah take a break and come back to it with a fresh mind.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    I have some graphic design and web design experience, if you think of something I could help you with PM me any time @ColorMePink !
    If you are just stuck on a tough artistic decision why not take a screenie and post it here so we can give you our 2cents? Might help to get some fresh eyes/perspective on things!
  • Options
    I have no forum experience, but i'm willing to help anyway i can, you have my email!
  • Options
    I took a break, played Harvest Moon, and ate. Doing it again now. I think finding a good forumotion skin was the problem. I'll post a screenshot in a few. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I miss Harvest Moon!

I was trying to play Firefall and apparently I'm really good at it? I dunno how cause it's a first person shooter. But the tutorial is all bugged to heck and I just kept screaming at Ratchet (one of the characters) because she wouldn't talk to me and I needed her to... I ended up shooting her a bunch of times lol might go back in game.

PM me if you need anything!
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I haven't played HM in ages. Just picked it up again a few days ago. I got the newest one called Story of The Seasons. I don't know why they'll calling it a different name now, but it's basically the same as the others. Just a little harder since you can only ship stuff when the vendor shows up in town. I miss the shipping box.

Going pm you now, because I'm still not loving the colors, but I can work with the skin I'm using now. Going make some icons. :)

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @Everybody Do you guys want any specific colors besides the ones we talked about?

I'm trying not to make it dreary, but we don't want to blind people either. :p

Edit: I'm trying not to ruin the surprise, but I'll post a screenshot if I still can't make it work. xD
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Is there anyway to find a pattern for the background? Nothing too flashy, but something in the color scheme. That helps break up the monotony of the plain colors. Not sure if that's possible?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Yeah I was thinking of doing that. I'm about check out that section now. Would be nice if we could have a plumbob pattern in the back.

Right now it's tan with a dusy rose color. It was purple, but it was a bit much. xD
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    Just gotta jump in and say I love HM!!! I just got Story of Seasons a few months ago. They had some company problems and switched names from what I've heard. I've been playing them since I was little, though... I own at least 10 different ones. It's nice to go back to every once in a while.
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ok, I'm here to ask you what you prefer as in colors! I've learned tons. xD I figured it's no use in being secretive. This is our forum in end of the day. :)

Do prefer these colors?
    simmetry5.png

Or do perfer a sleek blue and grey design? This is the skin I'm definitely using. Will save me some time since I like the top buttons.
    simmetry6.png

Or dark purple in the place of the blue?

P.S Ignore the coffee button. Going make customs ones and I may ask some of you for help with that. ;)
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    I really like the blue and grey design!
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Blue and grey!!
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Both lovely, but I also prefer the blue and Gray. It just screams sims to me, and is imo slightly more neutral which will be great for viewing images!