Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Models! - Modeling Community Has Moved

Comments

• Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I think the Sims 2 modeling section could be cool. It will certainly make things a lot more interesting!
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    NotMeMaggieNotMeMaggie Posts: 110 Member
    i know, i know. I made that as an example a long time ago, when this thread opened.

Vid, i'm sending an app!
  • Options
    InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    I'm leaning towards Pixel Simmetry it rolls off the tongue better, but at the end of the day whatever you decide is fine with me <3
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok guys. Pixel Simmetry seems to be the popular choice, but I'm not sure if we can even use that. After a Google search, I found a boutique and company name Pixel Symmetry on the very first page. Symmetry is not spelled the same as ours, but its very unlikely we can use that. Simmetry Design might out too. I'll ask @Vandis to be sure since she's knowledgeable of this sort of stuff.

While I do like Sims-Pixels-Art, its not my fav really. It would be hard to search for.

I think we're going have to get a bit more creative with the name, but don't worry we'll have one this week and things will start moving forward then.

@Bob Sims 2 is still really popular, so I may add it. ;)

And beautiful banners everyone. Hold off though till we have an official name and size. :)

I'll answer pms later and come up with more names. On my phone b/w.
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Oh darn, so many names taken, lol! Maybe we could do PixelArt Sims or some other variation so it doesn't sound like three separate things. To me sims-pixels-art sounds like a list ya know? At least when *I* say it in my head.
  • Options
    I totally know what you mean about it sounding like a list. I like it and then I don't. >_<

Pixel Symmetry is trademarked b/w. Nice site too.

ok. New list of names:
    Simphony (Sarah/Femlock's suggestion that I like)

Sim a la Mode (No not the ice cream even though that's cute too. "A la mode" means fashionable in french)

Sim Unique

In Trend Sims

Sim artistry or Artistry Sims

Simtasia (Elia's suggestion)

SimPorium (Vi's suggestion)
  • Options
    Cudan2Cudan2 Posts: 925 Member
    I like Simphony or Simtasia :)
  • Options
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    Hi! You have my support 100% :) I've been out of the scene for sometime but I think this is a wonderful idea.

I like the name Simmetry Design.

@BobSkellington Beautiful avi! <3

Miata <3 Thank you! I miss you! <3
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    Ok guys. Pixel Simmetry seems to be the popular choice, but I'm not sure if we can even use that. After a Google search, I found a boutique and company name Pixel Symmetry on the very first page. Symmetry is not spelled the same as ours, but its very unlikely we can use that. Simmetry Design might out too. I'll ask @Vandis to be sure since she's knowledgeable of this sort of stuff.

While I do like Sims-Pixels-Art, its not my fav really. It would be hard to search for.

I think we're going have to get a bit more creative with the name, but don't worry we'll have one this week and things will start moving forward then.

@Bob Sims 2 is still really popular, so I may add it. ;)

And beautiful banners everyone. Hold off though till we have an official name and size. :)

I'll answer pms later and come up with more names. On my phone b/w.

Awesome :P I get to model with my weird plant Sims, then xD
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    lialia54lialia54 Posts: 127 Member
    Hi, sorry I have been really inactive lately! I had a catch-up read of all the new posts, and I really like the name Simphony, or Simmetry Design if that's still available. :smile:
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I like Simphony and Simmetry Design.

As far as Pixel Simmetry goes, even if the other site is spelled "symmetry," you're going to get people that don't know how to spell it either way either going to their site, or coming to ours, and being very confused.

I don't really like Sims-Pixels-Art for the same reasons: It doesn't roll off the tongue (your mind?) easily, and it seems like it's a list. A site should have an easy to remember name, should sound and feel concise, and shouldn't have an insanely high probability of being misspelled.

The reason for the lesser ability to be misspelled, and the more concise name, is so that if someone wants to search it, they get us, and not some random other design page?
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited February 2016
    Simmetry Design sounds great
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
  • Options
    I believe the name should be Simmetry Design since that's the closes thing to what we ordinarily agreed on or Simphony. Even though Simphony sounds like a site that would involve sims and music.

I love all the ideas, but Iet's narrow it down the choices that people have responded to.

Simmetry Design
    Simphony
    Simtasia
  • Options
    SIMMETRY DESIGN, goes with sims, and modeling, or creating of anykind, the design part.
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    I'll third Simmetry Design!
  • Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    Simmetry Desgin! :D We are 100% that that name isn't taken, right? o.o
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I believe their is one site Symmetry Designs, but it's not first result that comes up and it's not trademarked. I think we can get away with it without anyone mixing us up. xP

Edit: Also if you google our specific spelling, nothing comes up with that name.
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    Simmetry Design :D
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    Looking like it's going be Simmetry Design. Any objections? :)
  • Options
    All in favor!
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Sounds good to meeee!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    All in favor!
    Aye!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Anybody else? Speak now or forever hold your peace. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Well no one said anything and it's close to what we agreed on, so I registered it and I'm about design it. :p

Those who objected can yell at me later. xD
  • Options
    ninisims1ninisims1 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Well, haven't been here for several days but I love the name :)
    regHM6o_zpszz2n2zsu.png