The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Biggest Holiday Extravaganza

Comments

• Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    Congrats to all the winners and to those I randomly hit with my gifting gun you are very welcome! I will be doing another drive by soon so look out!
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    Here we are at day 16 of the Advent, so just 7 more nightly draws and one super draw left to go! So onward we go......................................

And the WINNER is.................................................................................drumroll please............................................................

..............................................................................................................

..................................................................................................

...............................................................................

...............................................................All others receive 50sps

9) @Anfoxxy - WINNER! - Venue
    12) @cmbaker16
    5) @StephSteb
    2) @jg2342ar
    14) @Karendrae
    21) @equuest x1
    15) @melissalungu
    20) @ColorMePink
    1) @Okblondee7
    18) @Jaylin
    4) @Franny (XxEquestrian95xX - sims3 user)
    10) @JoeJoe11
    7) @Ceea
    3) @amaresity
    16) @Bubbles_19 Sims3 username is Mysha178
    19) @GITTE2001
    8) @FoxyLovesKitty
    13) @AMofOz
    11) @Shannen
    6) @rosey1579
    17) @GREENEYA

Congrats to @Anfoxxy , let me know if which venue hon.
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,275 Member
    Oh... look at me! Right near the end! Gravity I guess. :D
    Congrats @Anfoxxy !
  • Options
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    Oh... look at me! Right near the end! Gravity I guess. :D
    Congrats @Anfoxxy !

lol I just love you to bits Rosey dearest! <3
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    Here is my Santa's Work shop:

23688517142_2632fc4b64_h.jpgScreenshot-12 by IncomingVirus, on Flickr

Colors of Yule:

23170225803_a7d0493eb5_h.jpgScreenshot-2 by IncomingVirus, on Flickr

Activities of Yule:

23168829794_3f6f5b68a8_h.jpgScreenshot-13 by IncomingVirus, on Flickr

Symbols of Yule:

23714513011_2e39946719_h.jpglog by IncomingVirus, on Flickr
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited December 2015
    That's awesome @IncomingVirus. I take it that is your Santa and Mrs Claus as well :) In which case I can gift you out now.

Will update in a moment, just got home.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Congrats to you, @Anfoxxy! :)

@IncomingVirus, where in the world did you get such beautiful Christmas items?! I want them!
    I can't even find the free tree in my sims catalog. :|
  • Options
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    edited December 2015
    Okblondee7 wrote: »

@IncomingVirus, where in the world did you get such beautiful Christmas items?! I want them!

If you haven't downloaded it, you can find it here: More Holiday Presents
    and if you are trying to find it in your game it is listed under lights.

I'm going into game now to get my Santa & Mrs. Clause finished. Hopefully it will work this time.
  • Options
    I feel so spirited! Our tree is coming tomorrow! I have my baubles all ready!
    Does anyone want to post pics of their RL trees? I do!
  • Options
    I feel so spirited! Our tree is coming tomorrow! I have my baubles all ready!
    Does anyone want to post pics of their RL trees? I do!

I would Rosey, but we are so strapped for cash right now, I don't think we are even going to have a Yule. So instead I'll post this:
    168h55c.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Awesome pic Dragon Girl.

Here my avi (on the other site) tree:
    metree-e1450314382658.png
  • Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Congrats @Anfoxxy!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Congrats @Anfoxxy!!

@rosey1579, I'd love to post a pic of my RL tree! It does have to wait untill tomorrow at least though ;) my man is asleep and would get very mad if I put on a lot of lights so my tree looks at its best. He's a bit of a grinch, but his heart is getting bigger by the second, having to deal with a girl like me B)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited December 2015
    Look under lights @Okblondee7

Lights? That did cross my mind! Thank you sweet Lady! <3

Everyone's beautiful trees and decorations are amazing! :)

• Options
    I was thinking, how do you all celebrate the holiday you celebrate? I happen to know chanuka is multiple days, 7 as I remember. Than I know christmas here in the Netherlands, we have christmas eve, first christmas day and second christmas day. Most people are off from work between second christmas day and new years. But I've heard that other countries don't even have a second christmas day! And than Yule, I really don't know anything about it *blushing* it does interest me a lot now that I've heard of it here! But does that also take multiple days? I always grew up with our christmas and having a christmas meal, which is usually gourmet, or raclette as google translate says. And offcourse I've watched american christmas movies so I might know a little about the American version. But other than that, I'm blank :open_mouth:

So how do you all celebrate your holidays if I may ask?
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Having 2 Christmas's sounds like fun. :)
    My family celebrates Yule and my grandparents celebrate Christmas and Yule. Here is a little history of Yule for those that don't know about it and want to know more.

For Saxon Pagans (as well as Pagans from many other paths), the celebration of the Yuletide usually does not actually begin until Mothers’ Night (the solstice) and continues for a week or two after this. I celebrate for twelve days, from Mothers’ Night to New Year’s Day. The winter solstice, for Saxons, is known as Modraniht, or Mothers’ Night. This is the longest night of the year, and it is the night on which my kinsmen gather to offer a husel to our female ancestors. It is believed that some mothers are very likely to care about their children, and their children’s children, even after death. As the central part of the rite, a drinking horn is filled with mead, and we take turns drinking to the memory of our grandmothers, great-grandmothers, and great-great-grandmothers, back to the dawn of humankind. Many of us honor specific female ancestors by name. For us, it is the single most important night of the year, and it precedes a twelve-day celebration of the Yule.

The Yule tree is usually a focal point in any solstice celebration if for no other reason than its physical size. Bringing an evergreen tree into the home at the solstice is a relatively modern custom, but there is nothing explicitly Christian about it (Israel is not notable for its vast pine forests), and as a Germanic tradition, it fits in very well with my Saxon spirituality. For me, the Yule tree represents the Eormensyl, the great Axis Mundi that touches each of the Seven Worlds.

Norse Pagans see the tree in a similar way: as Yggdrasil, connecting each of the Norse Nine Worlds. The tree can become an expression of your spirituality even if you do not follow a northern path. The Hellenic (Greek) Pagan may want to decorate the tree with artificial grapes and either real or artificial vines in honor of the Haloa feast to Dionysus. The Roman Pagan with even marginal handicraft skills can incorporate the tree into a celebration of the Saturnalia. Make miniature scythes to hang from the tree branches (Saturnus is sometimes depicted holding a scythe), and include some solar ornaments in honor of Sol Invictus.

As for my family, we gather Holly, Berries and other things to put together on the Yule Log and then add candles to it. We celebrate the 12 days of Yule from the 21st of December to Jan 1. During this time we help others in the community, by volunteering at shelters and feeding the homeless. On the 25th we give gifts which we call Gift Giving, some people don't do things the way we do, but since we have family that celebrates Christmas we exchange gifts on the 25th to keep in tune with the rest of the family. We normally give a gift on each of the 12 days, but this year we are not going to do it that way we are just going to do the Gift Giving on the 25th.

The picture I shared above is what our home looks like along with a small tree that we decorate with different things we have gotten in the past from other family members and friends.
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »

That is all CC items. If you want I can try and find the links for you?
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    Having 2 Christmas's sounds like fun. :)
    My family celebrates Yule and my grandparents celebrate Christmas and Yule. Here is a little history of Yule for those that don't know about it and want to know more.

For Saxon Pagans (as well as Pagans from many other paths), the celebration of the Yuletide usually does not actually begin until Mothers’ Night (the solstice) and continues for a week or two after this. I celebrate for twelve days, from Mothers’ Night to New Year’s Day. The winter solstice, for Saxons, is known as Modraniht, or Mothers’ Night. This is the longest night of the year, and it is the night on which my kinsmen gather to offer a husel to our female ancestors. It is believed that some mothers are very likely to care about their children, and their children’s children, even after death. As the central part of the rite, a drinking horn is filled with mead, and we take turns drinking to the memory of our grandmothers, great-grandmothers, and great-great-grandmothers, back to the dawn of humankind. Many of us honor specific female ancestors by name. For us, it is the single most important night of the year, and it precedes a twelve-day celebration of the Yule.

The Yule tree is usually a focal point in any solstice celebration if for no other reason than its physical size. Bringing an evergreen tree into the home at the solstice is a relatively modern custom, but there is nothing explicitly Christian about it (Israel is not notable for its vast pine forests), and as a Germanic tradition, it fits in very well with my Saxon spirituality. For me, the Yule tree represents the Eormensyl, the great Axis Mundi that touches each of the Seven Worlds.

Norse Pagans see the tree in a similar way: as Yggdrasil, connecting each of the Norse Nine Worlds. The tree can become an expression of your spirituality even if you do not follow a northern path. The Hellenic (Greek) Pagan may want to decorate the tree with artificial grapes and either real or artificial vines in honor of the Haloa feast to Dionysus. The Roman Pagan with even marginal handicraft skills can incorporate the tree into a celebration of the Saturnalia. Make miniature scythes to hang from the tree branches (Saturnus is sometimes depicted holding a scythe), and include some solar ornaments in honor of Sol Invictus.

As for my family, we gather Holly, Berries and other things to put together on the Yule Log and then add candles to it. We celebrate the 12 days of Yule from the 21st of December to Jan 1. During this time we help others in the community, by volunteering at shelters and feeding the homeless. On the 25th we give gifts which we call Gift Giving, some people don't do things the way we do, but since we have family that celebrates Christmas we exchange gifts on the 25th to keep in tune with the rest of the family. We normally give a gift on each of the 12 days, but this year we are not going to do it that way we are just going to do the Gift Giving on the 25th.

The picture I shared above is what our home looks like along with a small tree that we decorate with different things we have gotten in the past from other family members and friends.

Yeah it's pretty much the same here in Norway hon, 12 days is normal for hubby but we combine our traditions being I am Christian and from the US and he is Pagan and of course Norwegian. We both have a ton of respect for each other's beliefs and we simply blend our holiday traditions. Plus his family lives quite far from us (Mom & Dad) and they celebrate Christmas as well as I do, so it makes it easier if we gift one another on the 24th (traditional to open gifts on Christmas eve in Norway). We have 4 days of traditional celebration here as well, little Christmas eve is the 23rd and it's tradition to eat a rice porridge (risgrøt) with cinnamon, butter and suger for dinner, then Christmas Eve we have a huge feast consisting of pinnekjøtt (salted cured lamb), ribbe which is a type of porkroast and lots of side dishes and vegies. We open gifts after we are through with the meal and clean up. Then Christmas day is feasting and celebrating more, and the 26th is the 2nd day of Christmas with more feasting and celebration.

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    Roughly 12 hours to get those All I Want Pics in.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Wow that sounds impressive! I like the philosophy behind it, those are some nice rituals @djsdragongirl

Thanks for sharing @djsdragongirl and @TnT_Terry!
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    I'm having a very spirited day!
    I spent two hours decorating the tree, then we played some carols. Julie Andrews!
    I felt a bit hot so I walked up the road for an iced coffee and sang Deck the Halls with the coffee shop guy.
    All we need to do to make this day perfect is to find where we put our Christmas lights last Christmas.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited December 2015
    br560 wrote: »
    TnT_Terry wrote: »
    br560 wrote: »
    TnT_Terry wrote: »
    OK ready for day 14 of the Advent?.................and the Winner is....................................................drumroll please.....................................

.......................................................................................

...............................all others receive 25sps

16) @br560 - WINNER! - 1,000sps
    14) @Ceea
    8) @jensimgirl
    12) @AMofOz
    20) @DominicLaurence
    3) @Skymyst
    19) @HausOfSuper
    15) @AIRIS6962
    21) @lisasc360
    2) @jg2342ar
    6) @StephSteb
    9) @Reachsims
    18) @ViaVeritas
    4) @djsdragongirl
    10) @FoxyLovesKitty
    13) @Anfoxxy
    5) @tiger_lily5
    11) @Kaela_87
    7) @cmbaker16
    17) @ColorMePink
    1) @Franny (XxEquestrian95xX - sims3 user)

congrats @br560 , let me know if you are banking this or wish to cash out hon.

Yay :D May I cash out?

just letting you know that you are still in te draw for day 23 and the final draw on the 24th, so you will get a few more sps for sure, so it's your choice hon. But if you are wanting to cash out now you have 1,150sps, so let me know what you want ok?

Actually, I'll wait :)

Oh and thanks everyone :)

So... No beard worm sanctuary then?

Yay! @MizoreYukii !

Not yet xD

Congratulations @MizoreYukii :D

Edit: Ah, I'm late.

Congrats to those who've won C:
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @LadyEmillye ~

The cookies are cooling because they've just been made
    Milk is in the fridge & also freshly squeezed lemonade

Mrs. Claus is certainly gracious, kind & nice
    She's helping check lists, sometimes twice!

While Santa Claus is busy making toys
    There are lots of good girls and boys!

4efdc6b3-ad59-4dca-be42-b3459ed61aad_zpsotfzcssw.jpg

I hope it is okay that I have both "themes" of the last two picture opportunities within the same photo.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Here we are at day 17 of the Advent, so just 6 more nightly draws and one super draw left to go! So onward we go......................................

And the WINNER is.................................................................................drumroll please............................................................

..............................................................................................................

..................................................................................................

...............................................................................

...............................................................All others receive 50sps

11) @Surreal - WINNER! - 1,500sps
    19) @ACB44
    5) @cmbaker16
    20) @sarah23474
    18) @IncomingVirus
    12) @AMofOz
    1) @Franny (XxEquestrian95xX - sims3 user)
    17) @XxHannelorexX
    6) @Ceea
    13) @melissalungu
    9) @Okblondee7
    3) @tiger_lily5
    4) @StephSteb
    10) @Felicity1169
    16) @agaandzia
    15) @lovespandas1
    14) @reachsims
    7) @rosey1579
    8) @kitkat8828
    2) @djsdragongirl

Congrats to @Surreal, let me know your wishes. Banking or cashing out?

gjmdPt7.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top