Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifts for Spooky Buddy lovesstorms

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    All good things must eventually reach an end so it is time to get your last gift from me...

Proudly presenting
    Healthplex
    built at 2 Oceanside in Sunlit Tides

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8783071
    Please note: This is coded as a GYM so you'll get the gym moodlet ~ Fit Atmosphere

Healthplex%20Front_zpsbsekrftl.jpg

Instead of showing the overview and revealing everything at once, time for a photo tour

Step inside the main doors and your sim will find themselves in the CAFE
    Healthplex%20Cafe_zpsyzlte1hc.jpg
    Enjoy tasty treats and delicious drinks

With the front door behind you and the cafe in front of you
    First door on your right leads to the SPA

Lobby
    Relax and socialize while you wait your turn for the tanning booths or foot massage chairs
    Healthplex%20SpaMain_zpse4votgea.jpg

Basement Stairs lead to
    The original spa rabbithole! This was my first time attempting this and I'm happy to say it works :smiley:
    Healthplex%20Spa%20Basement_zps6e0ugzin.jpg

Stairs leading up to the 2nd floor

Here you'll find two massage tables
    Healthplex%20Massage_zpsyb9awnx3.jpg

Healthplex%20Massage2_zps8i45ymdm.jpg

a sauna
    Healthplex%20Sauna_zpsztjdjybn.jpg

a bathroom and a changing area/shower room
    Healthplex%20Spa%20Bathroom_zpsklznkcgh.jpg

and exterior doors lead to a juice bar area and a sunny lounging area
    Healthplex%20Side_zpsvkzxn7y4.jpg

Trace your steps back to the CAFE

Second door on your right leads to the BOUTIQUE

Here you can purchase items found at Healthplex and pamper yourself at home, too
    Healthplex%20Boutique_zpss9fz3kxi.jpg
    Note: I tried to use those ITF clothing pedestals, but couldn't get them to work like I wanted. Sorry :disappointed:
    If you know how to use them, you might want to substitute them for the clothing racks.

Trace your steps back to the CAFE

Only door on your left leads to the GYM

The main floor offers treadmills, a couple of bathrooms and changing area/shower rooms
    Healthplex%20GymRun_zpsy0b2mj9c.jpg

a juice bar when you can sip and sneak peeks at anyone holding an underwater breathing contest
    Healthplex%20Juice%20Bar_zpsqhndajkt.jpg

Stairs leading up to the 2nd floor

Here you'll find weights
    Healthplex%20GymMuscle_zpsdnrrfpq0.jpg

a small dance studio/workout room
    Healthplex%20Gym%20Dance_zpsyvx1gxmm.jpg

another bathroom and changing/shower room because you can never have enough of these!

and my personal favorite, the infinity pool
    Healthplex%20Infinity%20Pool_zpsfa5e6zoa.jpg

Healthplex%20PoolView_zpsmmo90d4a.jpg
    This is my first time building one of these and I thought the view is incredible!

Whew! This was my most ambitious build to date
    Hopefully it was worth the wait

Hope you like this and can find room for it in your game, Stormy :smiley:
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    :o:o:o:o:o !!

I am at a loss for words, @Addy!! This definitely deserves a rec!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o:o !!

I am at a loss for words, @Addy!! This definitely deserves a rec!

Why, thank you @MsPrissy88 ... what a lovely compliment!!!
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I absolutely *love* this gym, Addy! It's so perfect for ST, too! I especially love the colors you used, the woods and stones and blues!
  • Options
    I absolutely *love* this gym, Addy! It's so perfect for ST, too! I especially love the colors you used, the woods and stones and blues!

@Bookworm742

Thanks! Glad to know that the look fit the world and vice versa. Not one to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty gosh-durn proud of this build!
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,813 Member
    3709993.gif

latest?cb=20130325034255

I'm being spoiled. Absolutely 100% spoiled. Wow!!!! You are amazing!!!!! This build far extends my wildest dreams of a gym. I need one of these in REAL LIFE. Seriously. You outdid yourself! This modern gym is something that will be in Sunlit Tides 100%. I couldn't live without it.

The outside is marvelous with its wood and stone mix. I love the way the colors come together! I love photo tours and you took me on a grand one at that.

A cafe?! In a gym!? Well, I had never thought of that, but it's perfect. They always seem to be hungry after they work out for hours on end. The colors go very well together and I even get the Miller Tea set! Tea is an absolute must after dripping with sweat. ;)

And then a spa?! Wow. This gym needs to be turned into a reality. The lobby is well put together. It speaks relaxation and "stay for awhile" with the color. I love the towels next to the tanning beds. They are a very, very nice touch. :smiley: I need one of those spa chairs at my house. lol

The Spa building INSIDE in the basement! WOAH! That's crazy! I had to go back up to look at the surface to see if I could find any indication of that spa building. Haha! That is quite the feat and I've never attempted it myself. It turned out absolutely awesome!

The massage table area goes well with the rest of the spa. I love the window between the areas. It fits together with the whole room. Plus the towels on the shelf go with everything. I'm not sure if you colored them or they came like that, but I'm leaning towards you colored them. Awesome touch!

And a sauna! This is now the hottest place in town. Oh, well, that wasn't meant to be a pun, but I suppose it turned into one, didn't it? lol No one will want to go to the dance clubs with all the awesome places to go in this building. Seriously.

Then, you went one step further -- a boutique. Now it feels like the Ritz Carlton (a fancy hotel, I think). Ad, this is truly one of your best creations ever! The wall paper in that room is gorgeous! The little touches you put on the walls are beautiful and just round out the room. I actually love the clothing stands as they are. Not saying the ITF ones wouldn't look good, too. I may play around with it, but I think the clothing looks well with the rest of the room. :smiley:

Oh, I forgot! This is a gym, isn't it? Haha! I can't believe how much is in this place! Sneaking a peek at the people in the pool is pretty funny and I can't wait for that to happen. I love all the little touches you added like the towels, the "hamper" (at least that's what I assume the little bins are for), the huge mirror, and the desk for the gym worker. Then, the next level contains the weights. The room is awesome! I love how you incorporated the blues with the peachy color you've used throughout the whole place. They mesh very well together! And the dance studio! I'd fall flat on my face, but I know my sims will love it (despite falling flat on their faces...hehe). It's true, there never is enough bathroom/shower areas.

And finally, the infinity pool. Until you told me specifically what it was called, I had no idea that is what it was. I just looked up a tutorial on how to do one. Wow! Yours is truly gorgeous! The wood just really accents the pool itself. It's amazing and I <3 it! The view is gorgeous! That's one of my biggest reasons that I love ST. They did a wonderful job making that world.

Congratulations! I applaud your courage to step out and do this kind of project. I already love Sarjena and Spooky plus their cute little starter home. Now, I love a plush gym to add to the pile. It may be the last gift for you to give, but it is absolutely my favorite! Now, I see that Sarjena enjoyed the gym, but where's Spooky? I can't imagine why he wouldn't want to take a dip in the pool too. It looks quite refreshing! Thank you, Ad, for a wonderful, wonderful gift exchange! Hopefully, I can make my buddy as happy as you've made me. I can't wait to get these into the game to be enjoyed by my family. <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Stormy ~ Super happy that you're happy!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOtulscKm2pkgQdOuQmryOrHP2TpX7xYfcgifM8ueV2Lpa897v

So with your lovely note on my left monitor, it's time to type some sort of response that is more than a simple gushing to thank YOU for thanking me because I have been well & truly complimented which is a wonderful little gift in itself.

Time for a wee confession, when your name was revealed as my Buddy, I sat here for a bit wondering how could I possibly make a decent gift because those you created during the last gift exchange are simply.. wow! Building for a creatively, talented builder IS a little bit daunting, but like I've mentioned before... these gift exchanges are all about stepping a bit outside one's comfort zone to try new things (such as design styles -- modernly contemporary or contemporarily modern is what I've been calling these LOL), learning how to do something new (like basement rabbit-holes and infinity pools) and having fun (which I certainly have!).

With your letter printed out, the note-taking began... and no, I'm not going to show you my various scribbles on the letter itself or the backside that is filled with words written in all directions (still not sure why but I obviously kept turning the paper around to find an empty spot on which to write in what is a new language comprised of words splattered here & there, symbols and numbers, with plenty of circled items and arrows pointing in a variety of directions -- this would surely be an anthropologist's nightmare in trying to figure out LOL).

You said that you're partial to builds that contain several reasons to visit, using library - coffee shop - spa as your example, and it was clear that your main gift should be a combo building. Drove my family a bit nuts pestering them with my list of combinations and asking which one they preferred, but I think the "winner" was by far the best choice for your sims since I imagine them enjoying some of the finer things that SimLife has to offer.

Thinking about Sunlit Tides and the Serenity Retreat venue made me think that a gym - spa - coffee shop combo should be a bit more upscale so coffee shop became a cafe where spa patrons can enjoy special treats after treating themselves to a good pampering. But why should the pampering only be found here when a boutique could sell the spa-like items for sims to use at home. And the list for furnishings throughout each "building" grew & grew.

Shell was built and those ideas were set aside to percolate as Sarjena & Spooky (plus their house!) tapped my shoulder in order to get my attention so they would be created, too. After having fun with them (obviously!) it was time to turn the focus back to the main event.

I don't normally mix textures, but really like how the stone and wood complement each other so nicely on the exterior. I probably should have placed an exterior sign of some sort, but didn't want anything to take away from the building itself.

The other color palettes are pretty nice, too. GLAD the colors "spoke" relaxation and stay-for-awhile because that is exactly the tone I was trying to set. Oh my yes, that spa chair is pretty amazing and I certainly wouldn't say no to owning one either LOL

It's funny that you mentioned the spa inside the basement because after I placed it, I zoomed up and down a few times to see if the building showed through. Neat little trick, hunh?! Originally tried to do this with a foundation, but the stairs didn't do what I wanted them to (was trying something new once more!) so I nixed the foundation and used a different, better set of stairs.

You are correct in noticing the towels have been colorized (had a lot of fun mixing/matching things throughout this lot!), they are a favorite piece of decor that I like to use in bathrooms or home gyms.

Oh! **lightbulb goes on** Another first for me is using items from the Savvy Seller's Collection which are perfect for making a boutique function like a store instead of simply looking pretty. Gosh, so many firsts have happened here in this build... that's fantabulous!

Correct again. Wasn't sure if actual hampers would create issues on a public lot (found out the hard way that a tub on a public lot can't be used to bathe a pet) so I chose to give the illusion of having hampers there. Hmm.... probably should have done a little bit of MOO magic and added towels or the laundry pile to the hamper/bins.

I would join you in falling flat on one's face in the dance studio while our sims point and heckle LOL

I agree! ST is a wonderful world and is a favorite of mine as well.

As for Spooky and the pool, I think this is about as close to water fun as he'll get
    Spooky%20WaterFun1_zpscpa3otqv.jpg

Spooky%20WaterFun2_zps4vlidfnv.jpg

but he wouldn't mind having his turn at being pampered
    Spooky%20PamperTime_zpszyo9zftc.jpg

Part of the credit for this build goes to you for providing the inspiration. I truly don't think I would have thought of it or felt like I was up to the challenge, but it turned out even better than I thought it would so there is hope that another combo building might see the light of day in my studio. Maybe. Yours is truly special and I don't want to take away from that.

It has been my pleasure to help make this a wonderful exchange for you and your SimFamily. May they enjoy many wonderful times at the Healthplex!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    I missed your spa earlier. So many gifts flying... I guess it happens. You did a super awesome job on this. It's just terrific! Now that you've made one rabbit hole conversion, I am sure you'll be doing it again and again. It can be addictive.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    I missed your spa earlier. So many gifts flying... I guess it happens. You did a super awesome job on this. It's just terrific!

Thanks, @ciane ~ Have to admit to being proud and bragging about this "baby". Did you see all the pictures that got pulled out of the brag-book? Not telling how many didn't make the cut.
    ciane wrote: »
    Now that you've made one rabbit hole conversion, I am sure you'll be doing it again and again. It can be addictive.

However did you know?! LOL
    The school could benefit from such a makeover because watching SimTeens wasting valuable dance time trying to enter the building due to there only being one functioning door is pretty silly. >> The grocery store could have a fresh market feel. >> There could be a library/bookstore/comics collection.

Hmm... I better stop thinking or my sim to-do list will get any longer than it already is **chuckles**