Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After Years, Still Learning New Things

Comments

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I just found out that when you rant about death it doesn't alway kill you the second time. I knew when you first rant about death, the Grim Reaper comes and gives you another chance with a stern warning not to do it again. And I thought if you did it again, that would be it.

But I was watching a let's play and the guy ranted about death, with the intent to get his Sim killed and nothing happened.

(Ranting comes with University EP, in case someone isn't aware).
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's a picture of the sims sitting on the tub and the toilet while studying gambling skill on their smart phones.
    22380076809_490c291357_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    You can get the gambling skill from your phone?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    minimomemu wrote: »
    I don't know if it happens all the time or if it was just a one off fluke, but I had a rebel sim about to die of the mummy's curse, and as her final hour approached, I decided to have her rant about death. Grim came, took her, and then spat her back out. Curse cured. I was like--WHAT?!?
    :o:o:o

Haha, that picture is hilarious @TadOlson :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    beggar1015 wrote: »
    You can get the gambling skill from your phone?
    http://modthesims.info/d/478271 :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited October 2015
    I finally got around to playing a fairy. Good gardeners. I like Bloom. So I am finally learning everything about fairies.

My biggest new discovery is really the Nraas Traveler mod which has made the game nearly complete for me. I love the way Traveler has influenced the tourist pool when my sims travel. In my Goth Legacy game, the first town the Goth's moved to after Sunset Valley was Moonlight Falls which is where Alexander met and married Sophie Rodgers-Brown (the fairy I am playing.) Sophie was the fairy child who got switched at birth and her Mother married Argus Brown (by virtue of Nraas SP.) While in Moonlight Falls, Alexander's sister Cassandra mastered alchemy and became a powerful witch. She didn't marry. But she did have a daughter named Victoria as a result of some shenanigans with Dante Morganthe.

Meanwhile, as a result of Alexander's honeymooning with Sophie in Champs Les Sims Sophie decided that she really wanted to own and run a vineyard and winery. There being no appropriate places for that in Moonlight Falls the family has just moved again to Monte Vista leaving Cassandra and Victoria behind to rule Moonlight Falls and keep the Zombie Apocalypse in check. So the Goths have just now set up their fledgling vineyard in Monte Vista (thanks to the renowned architect ehaught58 for the incredible vineyard lot.)

In search of the rarest fruits to add to her vineyard Alexander and Sophie travel to China so Sophie can collect the finest specimens of cherry. While Alexander is off at the Academy learning martial arts Sophie makes a visit to the Chinese base camp where she runs into her Mother from Moonlight Falls. She also meets a University friend of Alexander's and she bumps into a Monte Vista resident who is pregnant. I really, really, really love Traveler for this. These little details have connected these towns together and intertwined their stories together into one huge world in which they are all a part. On top of that, I get seasons and weather and pets and horses in the WA worlds. I just got to experience snow in China. I am actually thinking about adding festival lots to the WA worlds for vacationing.

Some questions for @Igazor. I am getting notices of the deaths of old friends from Sunset Valley. The Goths have not visited since they moved. Do they still own their house there should the family choose to visit? They left behind the gravestones of Victor and Gretle Goth and Prudence and Simon Crumplebottom. I am also wondering if they can find the gravestone of Agnes Crumplebottom, Cornelia's sister at the Mausoleum in Sunset Valley. She was alive when they moved away but has since passed on. I am also wondering about the state of the town's population after having been gone for nearly a generation. I take it that Story Progression can only run on an active town? Will Sunset Valley be a ghost town that SP would need to populate? I am wondering if I should make the effort to create future generations myself to replant in the Sunset Valley homes instead of relying solely on Nraas SP for that.)
    Post edited by Sincerbox on
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I just found out that they can woohoo in the armoire! They did it autonomously and I was completely shocked!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Haids5987 I think it's only the one from Supernatural.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    There are two from Supernatural they do it in and they do it in the one from Into the Future too.
  • Options
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    Some questions for @Igazor. I am getting notices of the deaths of old friends from Sunset Valley. The Goths have not visited since they moved. Do they still own their house there should the family choose to visit? They left behind the gravestones of Victor and Gretle Goth and Prudence and Simon Crumplebottom. I am also wondering if they can find the gravestone of Agnes Crumplebottom, Cornelia's sister at the Mausoleum in Sunset Valley. She was alive when they moved away but has since passed on. I am also wondering about the state of the town's population after having been gone for nearly a generation. I take it that Story Progression can only run on an active town? Will Sunset Valley be a ghost town that SP would need to populate? I am wondering if I should make the effort to create future generations myself to replant in the Sunset Valley homes instead of relying solely on Nraas SP for that.)
    Worlds that are not being played in do not progress at all and will be exactly as you left them if/when you ever return using Traveler. The death notices about sims in other worlds are bogus; I see them from time to time as well.

However, if you have Traveler's Ageless Foreign Sims set to False for the world in question (check on City Hall in the homeworld you are playing, NRaas > Traveler > Ageless), the age of each sim will increment by one sim day at midnight. That means, after a while, those foreign sims will be overdue to age up and/or die from old age. They will catch up to those states very soon after your next arrival there. If an entire lifespan or more has actually gone by, your arriving sims may find themselves all alone in a world of just passed away inhabitants who never had a chance to produce a new generation. Unless some of them are occults with much longer lifespans, of course.

Since the sims really haven't died yet (even if Ageless is False), you could use MasterController before even traveling to dial some of their ages back so they will remain alive. On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Sim > Inermediate > Age (Absolute or Relative) > Homeworld > (and filter to SunsetValley).

Depends on how you want to play it, I guess. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @igazor, can the same thing be done with weather/seasons and the Tempest mod?
  • Options
    Sorry, could you expand that question a bit? Can what be done with weather and seasons exactly?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Sorry, could you expand that question a bit? Can what be done with weather and seasons exactly?

Ahh yes, sorry. Progression. Like, with the ages in Traveler. Could the days pass equally in the other worlds as they do in your active world?
    Like if it's winter in my current world, and they visit another world, would it/could it be winter as well? Or just summer, because it starts at the 'beginning'?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Time doesn't move in worlds that aren't being played as the active one. In fact, nothing happens. My favorite example is when you send a sim off to Uni, if you time things right you can return in time to see their family still waving goodbye to them.

I know we weren't talking about Uni, but it's the same principle. The exception for sims aging, if you have things set that way, is actually age data stored in the TravelDB.package file that gets sent to the sims in other worlds only when you arrive there to play or pull them in for a visit. So the short answer is, the day of the week and season should be wherever you left things when you last played there. Or the first day of summer if you have never played there before.

But my already played foreign worlds do seem to get reset to the first day of summer pretty often. I don't really pay attention enough to see when and why this happens. I just use TestingCheats after arrival to select a different season if that's not really what I wanted.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Got it. :)
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Ahh yes, sorry. Progression. Like, with the ages in Traveler. Could the days pass equally in the other worlds as they do in your active world?
    Like if it's winter in my current world, and they visit another world, would it/could it be winter as well? Or just summer, because it starts at the 'beginning'?

I have been playing an adventurer and nectar maker who travel a lot. My nectar maker keeps a garden in each WA world while her adventurer husband goes exploring. In summer she gardens, and in winter she makes nectar. The seasons in WA worlds continue from where you left off when you last visited. It might be summer in the home world but it is whatever season it was in the WA world when you last visited there. I have actually used game options to alter the length of seasons in each world so they are not the same as the home world. In Egypt, there is only Summer. That seems to work OK and the game lets me have different seasons options for the different worlds I play. What it does not let me change by world is the demographic options and the moon cycle. If I set the moon cycle to rotate in one world it does it in all worlds so I have not figured out a way to have supernaturals and zombies in one world but not in others without continually changing the game options.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    If you use NRaas StoryProgression, you can essentially lock occults out of specific worlds by setting the Town Occult Ratios to -1 in General Options. Or at least that should stop new ones from being born or immigrated in. I think 0 would cause the mod to set no cap. Moon cycles I don't think are possible to make world specific.

Zombies are not actually occults. It's a temporary condition like being soaked or singed.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sorry to bring an old thread back to the top, but I was searching for "I learned something new today" and found this thread.

Today I learned that my famous sims can hold autograph sessions and interact with the public. My sim Victoria Grisby from Riverview is a level 10 Hit Movie Composer and a 4-star celebrity, and she was called by her agent to hold an autograph session at the theater after work. I've never done that before.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @KevinL5275 Also as a singer you can sell albums to sims on the street.It also promotes your shows and the buyers are likely to show up at your concerts.So many hate being celebs but I love it..Besides if their biggest complaint is Paparazzi why be famous.Look at Princess Dianas situation and every other famous person chasing them off their lawns and punching paparazzi etc every 5 minutes.It is realistic.Grats on signing autographs.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,095 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Here's a picture of the sims sitting on the tub and the toilet while studying gambling skill on their smart phones.
    22380076809_490c291357_z.jpg

My avi was doing this yesterday in the bathroom of a 1 bedroom unit that I built in Bridgeport!

I didn't know you could dig tunnels!!
    Doin it with a whole bunch of inventors.. This could be for my bots...underground bot charge centers and society cafés that don't allow sims..only vamps >:)

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I haven't learned anything new in a while. Sometimes I think I know everything about this game. It took me years to discover basic things like canceling the news paper.

You can :open_mouth: and I've been cleaning old newspapers for nothing.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Since this thread has been bumped, again, i might as well share. I just learned that if you teach your pets all the tricks in game, they can perform them for tips. Click "exhibition".
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2016
    Did you know that you can marry sims at City Hall? edit: nevermind

It's funny how I was just thinking about this thread. Always bump threads like these.
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I haven't learned anything new in a while. Sometimes I think I know everything about this game. It took me years to discover basic things like canceling the news paper.

You can :open_mouth: and I've been cleaning old newspapers for nothing.
    It's under services. :)
    Since this thread has been bumped, again, i might as well share. I just learned that if you teach your pets all the tricks in game, they can perform them for tips. Click "exhibition".
    Awesome! I never have the patience to teach all tricks so this is news to me.

Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Awesome! I never have the patience to teach all tricks so this is news to me.

Ditto! I don't usually play with pets, but I recently started a new game and trying lots of "firsts"! It's been a treat, so far. Got two male sims living in Isla Paradiso. One sim alone has adopted a dog, taught her all the tricks, been scuba diving, has gone to China, twice, AND has a career in photography! The other sim went into a romantic relationship with his boss, asked her to leave her husband, went out on what appeared to be a fun date, even having a little too much fun, if you know what I mean ;) ... but was told otherwise. :anguished: So, said sim broke up with her and quit his job. Now, he has a hobby blogging about his life, which includes his new baby girl. Haha. :D
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited December 2016
    I just found this thread, what fun to find out we all still find fun stuff all this time later.

I had a sim go into the kitchen, make a meal, walk all the way to the basement and cook it on the fire in the sauna!! There was a perfectly fine stove in the kitchen and a bbq outside? Maybe she wanted to "steam" it :p

original.jpg

Oh and BTW, I just now discovered you can post your memory pictures here just like any other screenshot! Who knew!!