Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 008 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @Rainydayz179 You're welcome :) I remember when you did house 008 last time! It really is a lot more fun being able to control the kids, but toddlers, I'm not so sure of lol! My sim in another challenge just had twins turn to toddlers. I can control all of them, but man, is it hard lol!

It hadn't occurred to me that we'll be able to control them as toddlers too! That's a whole new ballgame as you could have the toddler ask the uncontrollable sim for food or baths or whatever.... hmm.
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    First baby has been adopted - a little girl named Irene. @Rainydayz179 That hadn't occurred to me either. Might be worth considering. Hmm.. indeed :smiley:
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Rainydayz179 Oh yeah!!! That should make it a lot easier than I was thinking :)
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 @misfit091376 I've moved in a "helper". She's a level 7 comedian so will be able to help with bills too. She did see to the baby a couple of times and now Irene's just become a toddler so we'll see if she continues with that help. Although I'm going away until Sunday so that'll have to wait. :smile:
  • Options
    @Karise Yay! I'm curious to see how the extra help works. Enjoy your weekend away :)
  • Options
    Karise wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 @misfit091376 I've moved in a "helper". She's a level 7 comedian so will be able to help with bills too. She did see to the baby a couple of times and now Irene's just become a toddler so we'll see if she continues with that help. Although I'm going away until Sunday so that'll have to wait. :smile:

Great idea. I can't wait to see how it goes when you get back. I had 2 helpers last time around.
  • Options
    In between trying to care for toddler needs and her own needs Heather's not progressing as much as I wanted. They do have a "box" to live in now and Irene's just aged up to child. Heather's managed to get another promotion so has adopted another little girl, Imogen but she's 3 days away from adult so, as I said, progress is slooow. The helper is reasonably helpful - when she's on the lot that is. She runs off to the little park next door quite often leaving Heather to manage alone. I may have to have the other kids closer together if I want her to get to the top of the career in time.
  • Options
    @Karise I forgot about that little park! Mine drove me nuts going over there for everything as well last time. What about a nanny? If you got free services you could hire one any time you want. I know I waited to have the heir the first time I did this one and all of the grown ups died right at the end. It was pretty depressing. It's really hard to judge when is too early and when is too late. Hopefully you'll have some advice for us!
  • Options
    Still making slow progress. I've moved in another helper (and potential husband) who also finds the park a compelling draw! I've also managed to adopted the next baby a little earlier this time so we welcome Ian to the household. Irene has 5 days to becoming a teen but has a bit to go on her aspiration. Imogen will become a child in 2 days and Heather is now an adult. She's a level 6 writer so still has quite a way to go in her career but hopefully we'll get there. House value is 35k. Oh, and I forgot to mention the lot traits. I rolled Dark Ley Line, Bracing Breezes and Great Soil.
  • Options
    @Karise When I do the house trait rolls I uncheck the vampire ones. I wonder if with that trait she'll have a vampire baby? Good luck with the career. Sounds like the house is chaos with so many kids!
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Yeah, I think I should have unchecked the vampire ones - and I'm feeling a bit like a headless chicken at the moment, lol. I'll let you know about the baby when I get there. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Yeah, I think I should have unchecked the vampire ones - and I'm feeling a bit like a headless chicken at the moment, lol. I'll let you know about the baby when I get there. :smiley:

Good luck! :D
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 thanks
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    If u have a Vampire baby..it can't b considered The Heir...I know it's not officially in the rules..but I thought I'd pass along that info 4 ya!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.
  • Options
    @Vihisha Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.
    I just didn't want the future houses being 2 simple having a Vampire heh
    **I really need 2 get the rules updated** eeeeep!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha I haven't played much with the vampires but considering they have some .. er "problems" :smiley: during the day I'm not sure it would be too simple but I take your point. I'm still a little way away from a natural born heir. I'm trying to get that next promotion but she needs a couple of levels in writing skill yet!
  • Options
    @Karise I was just thinking. If the heir can't be a vampire and you already have 3 kids + 3 adults in the house that doesn't leave you much room. What if you had twin vampires? You'd have to either kill someone or start over. I'd change the trait personally even though I am curious to see if she does have a vamp baby.
  • Options
    I now have my first teen - Irene aged up. She completed the rambunctious scamp aspiration. She rolled the Musical Genius aspiration next.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I hadn't thought of that and it would probably be my luck that a blue moon will be out and there will be twins :smiley: I admit I'm curious to see if Heather does have a vampire baby but I guess I'd better change the trait.
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I hadn't thought of that and it would probably be my luck that a blue moon will be out and there will be twins :smiley: I admit I'm curious to see if Heather does have a vampire baby but I guess I'd better change the trait.

I'm curious as well. Maybe after she has the heir you can switch it back? LOL
  • Options
    @Vihisha I haven't played much with the vampires but considering they have some .. er "problems" :smiley: during the day I'm not sure it would be too simple but I take your point.
    That's pretty much the only thing that they have 2 fear. They don't need sleep as much, have no bladder needs & then u can get a bunch of superpowers w/not much "bad" stuff in exchange....it's right next door 2 a potential super Sim from Teen+
    Now the BEGINNING of a new house mini-challenge might b a bit of a nightmare cause of their need 2 b indoors...but aside from that....I found w/play testing that Vampires would just b way 2 overpowered 2 b a real part of The Drifter Challenge

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha Ooh yeah - lawn living for a vampire = potential disaster. haha!
  • Options
    I re-rolled that Dark Ley Line trait and got Haunted instead. My first ghost who came to call was... Vihisha! Heather finally, finally got that promotion she needed and now she's pregnant. Just in time too as she's two days from becoming an elder. Imogen is level 9 mental skill - she only needs level 10 to complete whiz kid and Ian is working on artistic prodigy. House value is done. Phew!
  • Options
    @Karise That's funny that Vi was your first ghost!! Sounds like you're doing great!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top