Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 008 - Rules

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Question @Vihisha,
    The adopted children may not move out when they become adults, correct? What if they met an unfortunate demise? Does the challenge end if one of the adopted children, as an adult, were to die?

That is correct..no Sims may ever move out. IF they meet their demise...then that's just unfortunate. It does not equal a failure =)
    As long as all household goals r met by the time The Heir reaches the Young Adult stage...then you're good!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    Question @Vihisha,
    The adopted children may not move out when they become adults, correct? What if they met an unfortunate demise? Does the challenge end if one of the adopted children, as an adult, were to die?

That is correct..no Sims may ever move out. IF they meet their demise...then that's just unfortunate. It does not equal a failure =)
    As long as all household goals r met by the time The Heir reaches the Young Adult stage...then you're good!

Most unfortunate, indeed.

On a completely unrelated note...I have started this challenge again. So, attempt number 2 is underway. =D
    Origin ID: Emmblie
    I have started this challenge again. So, attempt number 2 is underway. =D
    Ah..Jolly Good! I hope u have fun =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    New YouTube content has been added!
    -Manda Panda ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijt0EWsHvtw4AawJKizHKA
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    I'm still on house 006, but I was thinking. I knew what 007 was, I knew what 009 and 010 were. I couldn't remember this one. Then it hit me. Oh my goodness, this is going to be difficult with the addition of toddlers!!! I may have to try to space out my promotions lol!
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I'm still on house 006, but I was thinking. I knew what 007 was, I knew what 009 and 010 were. I couldn't remember this one. Then it hit me. Oh my goodness, this is going to be difficult with the addition of toddlers!!! I may have to try to space out my promotions lol!

I saw you'd posted here and I'm like what's she doing posting on 008? Ohmygosh you're so right! Be afraid, be very afraid! :#
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    I saw the posts here and had to follow you guys over here to see what all the fuss was about. And then I realized.. AHHH this house is going to be INSANE with toddlers. This is the one you have to have all those extra kids, right? Oh well, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. It'll definitely be complicated, that's for sure! Better hope you roll for good toddler traits if you're random-ing in your save. (One of mine I am, the other I'm not.)
    @IllusoryThrall Yep! This is the one with 4 kids! Ohmygosh I think that house might be the one that finally slows me down some! At the same time I did leave off on house 009 so I'll be eager to start that one. I guess we'll see. :D
    @IllusoryThrall Yep! This is the one with 4 kids! Ohmygosh I think that house might be the one that finally slows me down some! At the same time I did leave off on house 009 so I'll be eager to start that one. I guess we'll see. :D
    @Rainydayz179 @IllusoryThrall Yep lol! This may be the one that does me in lol!
    So far I haven't had any negative feedback w/the addition of toddlers...even in this house mini-challenge so u SHOULD b ok...but u may b tired of kids by the end of this LOL >:)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    So far I haven't had any negative feedback w/the addition of toddlers...even in this house mini-challenge so u SHOULD b ok...but u may b tired of kids by the end of this LOL >:)

I agree with you there! I'm sure it's doable it can't be too different than one of my other houses where I had 3 close in age but like @misfit091376 said, spacing the promotions will take more thought. ;) You know we like us a good challenge!
    @Vihisha It'll be an interesting challenge, that's for sure. And I may swear off loving toddlers for a short while after completing this house.. lol @misfit091376 is right, spacing out the promotions will definitely be the key to this one, I think.
    I really think it will definitely be a challenge, but that's what we're here for lol. Toddlers just drive me crazy when there's more than one lol!
    edited February 2017
    I agree with you there! I'm sure it's doable it can't be too different than one of my other houses where I had 3 close in age but like @misfit091376 said, spacing the promotions will take more thought. ;) You know we like us a good challenge!

Yep yep! It's been neat seeing how Drifters r changing their strategies etc. now that toddlers r here =)
    @Vihisha It'll be an interesting challenge, that's for sure. And I may swear off loving toddlers for a short while after completing this house.. lol

Yeah I'm pretty sure you'll b toddler-ed out heh
    I really think it will definitely be a challenge, but that's what we're here for lol. Toddlers just drive me crazy when there's more than one lol!

As long as u have fun!! I just hope they don't drive u 2 batty LOL

rXyqmuX.jpg

As long as u have fun!! I just hope they don't drive u 2 batty LOL

I'm sure I will :) Me too lol!
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    Hi everyone. Finished house 7 and just starting house 8. I think you're right about needing to space out the promotions. Should be ... um ... interesting? Yeah, interesting, lol.
    Karise wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Finished house 7 and just starting house 8. I think you're right about needing to space out the promotions. Should be ... um ... interesting? Yeah, interesting, lol.

What level is your heir starting their career at? I saw someone complaining on Twitter about their heir starting at level 3 and adopting a baby right away but I think it's number of promotions not promotion level... it's been a long time.

What level is your heir starting their career at? I saw someone complaining on Twitter about their heir starting at level 3 and adopting a baby right away but I think it's number of promotions not promotion level... it's been a long time.

You're right!

Note: If your Main Sim should start off in the Writer career higher than level 1, then the adoption times will be based on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd promotions. The Heir will be the first successful Try For Baby interaction after your Main Sim has earned their 4th promotion
    @Rainydayz179 She's starting at level 3 but as @misfit091376 has pointed out the first adoption will be on her first promotion and that will take a while because of what she needs for promotion & daily tasks. I hope. I have sometimes been surprised in other games when sims have been promoted even without achieving the necessary tasks. Whether that's been some sort of glitch or not I don't know so I'll have to see.
    @Karise - Good luck with this house! As I haven't gotten this far, but I've read the challenge, this one scares me. Spacing out promotions may be totally necessary so you don't end up with a house full of toddlers!
    @IllusoryThrall Absolutely. The last time I did house 8 I failed first time and that was without toddlers! So I'm a bit wary of it myself.
    @misfit091376 Thanks for looking up what I was too lazy to find! I thought I remembered that right. I wish I knew who it was that posted that on Twitter because I didn't think to point that out at the time.

@Karise @IllusoryThrall I've never gotten promoted without the level of skill needed for the promotion. Since the game isn't even giving us the free computer anymore it shouldn't be a problem since we can't even do the daily task at first let alone skill up writing. I'd have to re-read the house again to see how far I spaced it before but that's kinda pointless considering the whole toddler thing. I'm not sure if I can handle two with only one controllable sim? Maybe a nanny? I doubt I'll move a spouse in until it's close to time for the biological heir though because then the kids won't be sent to daycare and that would drive me nuts!

As to having so many kids... I loved it last time. I completed the voidcritter card collection and my heir made friends with the monster under the bed. It was pretty much my first time having controllable kids since Kids Stuff came out obviously. :D
    @Rainydayz179 I was quite shocked to get a promotion like that so I assume it was some sort of glitch. Yeah, I'm unsure about the spouse thing. Move one in to help out with the kids if necessary or wait? I know he'd be uncontrollable but sometimes they help out. In house 7.2 Jackie was a great mum and really took care of the babies/toddlers.
    @Rainydayz179 She's starting at level 3 but as @misfit091376 has pointed out the first adoption will be on her first promotion and that will take a while because of what she needs for promotion & daily tasks. I hope. I have sometimes been surprised in other games when sims have been promoted even without achieving the necessary tasks. Whether that's been some sort of glitch or not I don't know so I'll have to see.

I've seen that happen too. It's odd.

@Rainydayz179 You're welcome :) I remember when you did house 008 last time! It really is a lot more fun being able to control the kids, but toddlers, I'm not so sure of lol! My sim in another challenge just had twins turn to toddlers. I can control all of them, but man, is it hard lol!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top