Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 008 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    Well, we have a house fail :( Heather ran out of time to get to the top of her career before ole Grimmie came calling. So back to the drawing board.
    Awe poo!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @IllusoryThrall It may sound obvious but try and get the career goals done quicker. Not easy when she's trying to do that AND take care of kids and her own needs but I think I need to move in a helper sooner too.
  • Options
    @Karise Thanks for the tip! I'm partially dreading this house, because the kids you adopt come faster when you get promotions.. and more kids = more chaos!
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall Yes, it's a balancing act and not an easy one.
  • Options
    On my restart I've managed to get that first promotion so Heather has adopted baby Iestyn and I've also managed to con ask Yukimo to move in to help out with the kids. She's a level 10 Doctor! It's a bit quicker than last time too :smile:
  • Options
    On my restart I've managed to get that first promotion so Heather has adopted baby Iestyn and I've also managed to con ask Yukimo to move in to help out with the kids. She's a level 10 Doctor! It's a bit quicker than last time too :smile:
    VERY nice!! Good luck, Drifter :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    I've been updating rules for City Living & Vampires packs as well as some random wording fixes etc.

WHERE YOU CAN TRAVEL
    *San Myshuno
    -Myshuno Meadows park
    -Any Festival locations the Household Sims are asked to attend
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend or that they host
    *Forgotten Hollow
    -Any Club or Party locations the Household Sims are asked to attend

SOME THINGS NOT ALLOWED
    *Have a playable character be/become a Vampire

GAME SET UP FOR CONTINUING DRIFTERS
    Magnolia Promenade - Get To Work Expansion Pack
    -Retail Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    San Myshuno - City Living Expansion Pack
    -Residential Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    - -Must be Built or Replaced with the specified Lot type only
    -Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)
    Forgotten Hollow - Vampires Game Pack
    -Residential Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    -Populate with more Sims (optional)

GAME SETUP FOR DRIFTERS DOING THIS AS A STAND ALONE HOUSE CHALLENGE
    Magnolia Promenade - Get To Work Expansion Pack
    -Retail Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from the Gallery
    San Myshuno - City Living Expansion Pack
    -Residential or Community Lots may be left as they are, Rebuilt or Replaced with a Lot downloaded from The Gallery
    Forgotten Hollow - Vampires Game Pack

Willow Creek - Base Game
    -Bulldoze Parkshore Residential Lot and evict any Sims that may be there

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
    *If The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household this mini-challenge ends - considered a house challenge fail

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
    **Extra Prep**
    *Choose up to three Lot Traits (optional)
    -These can be changed at anytime during game play
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Iestyn is now at toddler and Heather's has had another promotion so has adopted Isla. I'm trying to do things a little quicker this time around.
  • Options
    Iestyn is now at toddler and Heather's has had another promotion so has adopted Isla. I'm trying to do things a little quicker this time around.
    Nice! How's Yukimo working out so far?!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha Great. :smile: She's taken care of the babies and brings in 2800 simoleans which, even though she only works for 4 days is a nice bonus. AND she hasn't run off to the park every five minutes like the last helpers I had, lol. Yet! :smiley:
  • Options
    @Vihisha Great. :smile: She's taken care of the babies and brings in 2800 simoleans which, even though she only works for 4 days is a nice bonus. AND she hasn't run off to the park every five minutes like the last helpers I had, lol. Yet! :smiley:
    Gotta' love that!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Heather has moved in another helper/probable boyfriend. He also has a job - level 6 business so I'm going to be fine for those simoleans as we have a garden too. :smiley: She got another promotion so adopted Iain. Isla's now a child and all the young adults are now full adults so I need to get a move on with Heather in her career and get going with an heir.
  • Options
    @Karise I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get through it this time around! Sounds like this house is going to keep all of us on our toes with raising all those kiddos and the career!
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall Yep - I think getting free services has helped so I could get a gardener and a maid. Especially the gardener. I may not always have time to harvest or evolve but at least during the week the garden gets taken care of and I can do the rest when I get a moment. I've been swapping between aspirations for the points too as I'm trying to save up for carefree as well.
  • Options
    @Karise I'll have to remember that. Free services is always a good idea with a garden like a lot of us do on drifting.. every extra hand helps!
  • Options
    Sounds like this house is going to keep all of us on our toes with raising all those kiddos and the career!
    It was a roller coaster BEFORE Toddlers were introduced...now I think people will b hating that life stage by the end of this lol

@Karise Smart!! I almost always forget about those Reward/Traits we can earn!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    Heather has moved in another helper/probable boyfriend. He also has a job - level 6 business so I'm going to be fine for those simoleans as we have a garden too. :smiley: She got another promotion so adopted Iain. Isla's now a child and all the young adults are now full adults so I need to get a move on with Heather in her career and get going with an heir.

Sounds like you're doing great!
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @Karise Sorry to hear you had a house fail. Sounds like things are going better this time around, though.
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Karise Sorry to hear you had a house fail. Sounds like things are going better this time around, though.

Wow, somehow I missed that! Well, @Karise I hope this time is better!
  • Options
    Wow, somehow I missed that!

That's funny, after days away from the forums and 300+ notifications, it was the only thing that stood out to me! :D
  • Options
    I've started again. I think the lot is bugged or something because it's continually glitching and it's driving me nuts. It's similar to the homework glitch except I don't have a dining table but this time the sims are getting food from the fridge and then standing around doing nothing. To get them to move I have to hit pause... which takes about 15 (in game) seconds for the game to realise it should be paused and then the same in reverse or go in and out of build mode. I tried moving the family out and in to the house to no avail. I did notice that it was doing it on the first try (but not as bad) which is why I think it might be the lot so I'm really hoping that having moved in Heather again from house 7.2 rather than go back to a save it won't happen again when I've built the house. If it does I'm not really sure what I can do. House 8 is challenging enough without glitches as well!
  • Options
    @Karise Oh, no! glitches is NOT what you need in this house. I hope starting over gets rid of the glitches for you! That sounds like a really nasty glitch, too.
  • Options
    @Karise I've had bugged lots before but I'm pretty sure it was the houses, not the actual lots, doing it... odd. The save might just be getting old and clogged up with townie ghosts and such. You could always save the family to your library and start in a new save. I know that is a lot of work though since I've done it a couple of times myself. :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top