Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 008 - Rules

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 Yeah it's not easy to know what to do first. I ran around fishing & collecting stuff the first couple of days, swapping aspirations so I could get points for moodlet solvers just to get some funds then went and found people to move in before worrying about promotions. Nice that her friend is level 10 as that'll help with the funds. They seem to have taken away that free computer reward which would have been really useful.

All of the career rewards are gone now. They're not even unlocked if you start at a higher level anymore. It's on the EA bug forum but who knows if/when it will ever be fixed. Sadly, the friend only works 3 days a week and hasn't worked yet so I don't know how much she makes. I'm thinking of looking for another to move in but I'm afraid I'm getting ahead of myself since there's only a 2 person tent. Instead of moodlet solvers I saved up for the entrepreneurial trait. Hopefully, that will help with the promotions.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    edited March 2017
    Oh no, house fail! Baby number 2 was taken away by social services because apparently the baby was neglected. My main sim was at work and the uncontrolabe sim wasn't doing a good job of taking care of the baby. I forgot to hire a nanny. Oops! lol
    I feel bad. I guess you looked under the Drifter I page on my blog and thought that I'd started this house already? I haven't. I've been sick and haven't played Sims in a week and a half. I still haven't even posted the last chapter of 007 since I've been spacing things out. Sorry. On the bright side you finished house 007! ;)

Oops that is so silly of me. I didn't realise that I was looking at your older chapters of the first time you played the drifter challenge.
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @IllusoryThrall. I'll make sure to hire a nanny next time lol The nanny was a very reliable one and was very close to the first child who was still a toddler. She was just so kind and would often hug the toddler. I'm sure that if I had remembered to call her they would have be fine. Oh well, like you said I didn't get very far and I wasn't that attached to the family yet.
    @illusie Oh no! Sorry you lost your baby. That's so sad. :'(

I just adopted my first. She got promoted faster than I expected but at least they had money to adopt.
    @Rainydayz179 it was the 2nd adopted baby and I wasn't attached yet. So I don't mind starting over. I learned my lesson though. Make sure to hire a nanny! lol I liked the first adopted kid. He was still a toddler and looked very cute.

Something I didn't like was that my sims wife didn't see the first child as her own son. He was adopted before she and the main sim for married. Sh saw the kid as a stranger and it was hard to make her like him. Next time I'll make sure my sim is married before the first promotion.

It sounds like you are doing well so far.
    @illusie Oh no! Mine aren't married yet either. I didn't even think of that. Maybe I'll cheat the relationship in CAS. I've got the first 2 chapters written. I'm just hesitant to publish them since this house is so hard and I might fail. I hope not because I like how things are going so far.
    @Rainydayz179 I am far behind with writing for house 7. Usually I won't start the next house until I have written all chapters of the previous one, but I don't feel like writing at the moment.

I understand your dilemma, I'm not sure what I'd do.
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Rainydayz179 I, personally, would publish them anyway. I like to read the fails, too, it helps me learn how to get past the challenge. But then, it's up to you. I fully expect to have to do this house more than once.... I just know I'm going to mess it up!
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @illusie Oh no! So sorry the baby was taken away. My sim isn't married either but she did move him in before she started adopting and he's been very good with the kids. In fact both helpers have been. They occasionally stand shushing the baby but after a while of it crying will see to its needs. I must admit there have been times when I've wondered if the baby will get taken away and just when I'm about to panic one of them will tend to it.
    Thanks. I'm actually happy that I restarted. This time my sim had a better start and the girl he married has a job. No kids yet.
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    Wow, somehow I missed that!

That's funny, after days away from the forums and 300+ notifications, it was the only thing that stood out to me! :D

That is funny lol. I'm trying to catch up from the last 3 days, so I'm sure I'll miss something again!
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @illusie @Karise I'm sorry you guys had to start over :(

@Rainydayz179 You may as well publish even if you fail :) With commentary, that's so much easier than with story.
    @Rainydayz179 You may as well publish even if you fail :) With commentary, that's so much easier than with story.

Yea, that's what I figured too. I really liked having that buffer of being so far ahead in the game from what I was playing but after being sick for almost 2 weeks I was left with nothing pre-written. :/
    @Rainydayz179 I'm so glad you're feeling better, though! Being sick is the pits.

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    :star: if the game is not giving the promotion rewards as it should....please cheat in the funds & purchase the "cheapest" computer or similar 2 the 1 usually given....the free computer was factored in w/play testing :star:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited March 2017
    Vihisha wrote: »
    :star: if the game is not giving the promotion rewards as it should....please cheat in the funds & purchase the "cheapest" computer or similar 2 the 1 usually given....the free computer was factored in w/play testing :star:

@Vihisha Does that also mean that if your sim starts at level 3, they should get the promotion reward for level 3?
    You can always use a cheat code to unlock the reward (bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement)
    Post edited by illusie on
    I just wanted to share how the house of my sims is currently looking, because it looks so ridiculous! lol
    As always, I want to built a house that is rather expensive. But since they really need some walls I decided to give them part of the shell. The roof I a bit complicated so I just deleted most of the walls but kept the roof. And this is the result:

03-19-17-1-33-44-pm_orig.png

I promise it will look pretty once all walls are there ;)
    @Vihisha Now you tell me! haha.
    @illusie The house does look strange like that and that's a useful cheat code - thanks.
    Karise wrote: »
    @illusie The house does look strange like that and that's a useful cheat code - thanks.

@Karise, I know! lol I never let my sims live like this, but I don't want to wait longer with building their house.
    Can you already tell from the roofing what kind of house I'm building?
    @illusie a large one? lol
    Darn, I wish I'd known about the rewards thing before. Oh well. She has plenty of money now with 2 helpers. @illusie The floating roofs are hilarious!

So, here's my first chapter...

Chapter 008.1: Quest For a Computer

03-17-17_12-48-17c2a0pm.jpg?w=768&h=434&crop=1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top