Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Hello @kilra0 and welcome to the forums and specially to this thread!

I'm looking forward to seeing your entry and I hope that you have much fun with us! <3

Please take a look at the rules and specifications of the challenge. For this one there is a shell for the room. So only rooms with the right size and form will be taken into account.

Please make sure to upload your room to the gallery using the hashtag #QCRooms47 . So we can find it easily. :)

And last but not least, since you are still a new member, you are not allowed to post pictures or links. So when you want to post your pictures please break the link like this "h.t.t.p.", and one of the members will put it back together for you.

Happy Simming!! <3
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    Challenges%20banner.png

Ch47%20My%20Christmas.jpg

My Christmas
    Where would you like to spend your Christmas? What is your favourite room to spend it in? We would love to know, so we would like you to show us. With the supplied shell we would love to see you decorate a room of a house that you would like to spend Christmas in. The possibilities are endless...... you could spend it in a family living room surrounded by all your loving family, or you could hide away in a big bedroom with all your favourite things, maybe you would like to spend it in a games or hobby room surrounded by all your new presents, or even a luxurious kitchen cooking your famous holiday feast..... the choice is yours. You can even combine rooms such as kitchen and dining, living and dining or even bedroom and ensuite. We would like to see the rooms in the spirit of Christmas so whatever room you choose to decorate we want to see it oozing with Christmas spirit and decorations.

Budget: Unlimited

Your task:
    Decorate a room of a house for Christmas that you would like to spend your festive day in, it can be any type of room that you like, surprise us. As long as you don't remove or change the supplied walls and shell shape.

Requirements:
    Room/s of a house
    A Christmas tree
    Christmas decorations
    Christmas presents

You can find the shell to download here: QC47 Christmas

You can NOT remove the wall or fence structures already found in the shell
    You MAY add half walls and full walls within the shell, if it creates a new enclosed room make sure it places with your entry
    You MAY change the wall height

Please upload as a room and not a lot.

Please attach the hashtag to this week’s entry on the gallery #QCRooms47

Please use the entry form below for your entries.
    Entry%20Form.png
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no:
    Origin ID:
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level:
    Gallery Name:
    Gallery Link:
    Images (2 - 5 images):
    At least 1 showing as much of a room as possible.

Please note: Because I make banners and previews of your entries please try include one picture that is normal size and by itself that I can use, I try to use the pictures that show as much of the room as possible but if you have a preferred picture you would like used for the banners please make note above the picture.

You have 2 weeks to complete this challenge
    Entries Close: Tuesday 20th December 8am (Australian time)
    To help this is:
    USA (EST) 5pm Monday 19th December
    UK (GMT) 9pm Monday 19th December
    There will be no extensions all entries must be in by the specified time (it will be the same time every week unless notified in advance).

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    kilra0 wrote: »
    Hello and congatulation to the winners, you all made lovely and wonderful apartments <3

I've newly-discovered this contest and I would like to participate :) I've already made a christmas room, it's playtested and uploaded to the gallery. Shall I now post pictures here?

Hello @kilra0 :)
    Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is great that you are joining the challenge!
    Because you aren't a full member yet, you can't post pictures or links, but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur or tinypic , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here, but break the image code link up, such as putting h.tt.p.
    We can then put the codes back together and post the pictures for you.
    I will look forward to seeing your Christmas room :)
  • Options
    kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Thank you :)

QC Room challenge no: 47
    Origin ID: kilra0
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: I don't know, would say experienced ... ?
    Gallery Name:kilra0
    Gallery Link:h.t.t.p.s://www.thesims.com/de_DE/gallery/DADA5E46BD3011E682AA4D60CAC603EE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=kilra0&max=50&maxis=false
    Images (2 - 5 images):
    [img]h.t.t.p.s://us.v-cdn.net/6022081/uploads/editor/26/bvai0ruobd7f.png[/img]
    [img]h.t.t.p.s://us.v-cdn.net/6022081/uploads/editor/nb/my4wd8agtrou.png[/img]
    [img]h.t.t.p.s://us.v-cdn.net/6022081/uploads/editor/2w/66yj5r6k8ugr.png[/img]
    [img]h.t.t.p.s://us.v-cdn.net/6022081/uploads/editor/n8/h5atlsn3tlr9.png[/img]
    [img]h.t.t.p.s://us.v-cdn.net/6022081/uploads/editor/k5/00z1isw2hazc.png[/img]
  • Options
    kilra0 wrote: »
    Thank you :)

Origin ID: kilra0
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: I don't know, would say experienced ... ?
    Gallery Name:kilra0
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/de_DE/gallery/DADA5E46BD3011E682AA4D60CAC603EE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=kilra0&max=50&maxis=false
    Images (2 - 5 images):
    bvai0ruobd7f.png
    my4wd8agtrou.png
    66yj5r6k8ugr.png
    h5atlsn3tlr9.png
    00z1isw2hazc.png

• Options
    thank you so much :smiley:
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thanks so much for helping out @rosemow and @lisi_ja And, welcome to the QC Challenges @kilra0 I love your room and the log cabin vibe! Can't wait to check it out better in game! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congratulations @solvorsh :)@BreezyBlue022 :)@popettypop2012 :)@chips46 :) & @emere :) Beautiful entries x

Thank s for my feedback <3

Welcome @kilra0 youve created a Lovely festive room x
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    BreezyBlue022BreezyBlue022 Posts: 126 Member
    Congratz to all the winners! I loved seeing everyone's apartment and it was fun to see lots of entries

Thanks you judges for the wonderful feedback! I think I always leave the bathroom for last, I'm going to try to put more effort into my bathrooms from now on :P

Welcome to the QC contest @kilra0 your entry is stunning! It's so cozy :smile:
  • Options
    Christmas in a Cabin is such a very nice kitchen and dining room! @kilra0 :) Very nice Christmas themed furnishing of the different areas of the room! The layout of the room looks very nice! The type of and placement of the curtains in the room looks so very nice! Very nice Christmas tree corner nook! The presents look very nice surrounding the tree. Siins will enjoy playing the guitar or listening to it being played. The festive garlands and snowflakes on the walls are pretty touches. The cabin texture of the wall gives a nice feel to the room. It looks a very warming room. Very nice fireplace sofa seats sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a chat in front of the fire. The nut cracker and candles are nice touches on the fireplace ledge, and it looks great that the little white tree is on the table between the sofas. Very nice design of the kitchen! The alcove looks great! The rock wall texture looks nice. Very nice island work bench. The cauldron, pots and candles on the work bench, the crates, and the wall cutlery, hanging pans, spice set and hanging pots in the nook, as well as other decor are very nice kitchen home touches. The cabinets look very nice how they have been placed on the walls around the kitchen windows. The bar stool counter is nice. The candles look pretty on the table for sims to see when sitting on the stools having a meal. Sims will enjoy having food and drinks from the fountain there. Very nice corner armchair and booth reading nook! Sims will enjoy sitting there reading a book after their meals. The candles are a nice touch on the dining table.
    It is a very special and warm room for sims to enjoy spending Christmastime :)
  • Options
    Thank you rosemow for this nice feedback :smile:
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow :smile:

Congratz @chips46 for the maxis fav! I am very delighted to have received my second maxis favorite

Also thank you for these wonderful challenges, they have really pushed my creativity to new levels <3

I worked on my christmas room entry today and I am excited to share it soon
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you for the congratulations and to the lovely QC judges for your feedback :)

Congratulations to @chips46 and @BreezyBlue022 for the Maxis Fav's!

@lisi_ja Wow, what a beautiful and warm christmas room! I adore it:)
  • Options
    @popettypop2012 it is not my room. I just quoted the post of @kilra0 because she is still a new member. But you're right! Her room is gorgeous <3
  • Options
    Oops, I'm so sorry, @lisi_ja, I'm still half asleep. It is 7 am here :) I mean, @kilra0, what a gorgeous room!
  • Options
    Thank you @lisi_ja & @popettypop2012, I blush with so many compliments
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited December 2016
    Congratz @solvorsh @BreezyBlue022 @popettypop2012 @emere thanks to the judges for the feedback :)

all amazing colourful apartments from everyone <3

Congratz @BreezyBlue022 for the maxis fav

Hi and welcome @kilra0 I see you found your way here and Love your Christmas room :)<3

Thanks @rosemow :)
  • Options
    Origin ID: popettypop2012
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: Experienced?
    Gallery Name:A Glamorous Christmas
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D9C7D4B9BDBE11E68BCA4D60CAC603EE?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    Images (2 - 5 images):
    xQQ6VZ1.png
    abtqcfC.png
    z10DUmQ.png
  • Options
    A Glamourous Christmas is a very elegant dining and living room! @popettypop2012 :)The colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the areas of the room! The strings of starry lights look very pretty on the walls. The wall pattern looks calming. Very nice bar nook! The Christmas wreaths look festive placed either sides of the bottles shelves. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, after or before a meal. The candles are nice touches on the bar counter. The silvery Christmas tree and the blue presents look very pretty together in the room! The snowman is cute! Very nice dining table area. It looks nice that there are chairs on both sides as well as at the ends of the table for many sims to enjoy eating a Christmas meal together. The flowers and candles to the tabletop are nice for sims to see when dining, and the floor rug under the table adds to the nice look of the area. Very nice music corner! Sims will enjoy playing the piano there, or enjoy listening to the music being played whilst dining. The candles and nut cracker look very nice placed on the piano! Very nice sofa seat sitting area. Sims will enjoy resting there chatting after their meals, or listening to music from the juke box. The new green round floor rug looks very nice under the coffee table and sofa. It is very nice that Christmas trees border both sides of the sofa. The curtains look pretty in the room.
    It is a very glamourous room for celebrating Christmas in! :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your kind comment, @rosemow
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    Hi! Just wanted to say wow, you guys apartment builds are amazing! I love findning new apartments to play with. I'm so glad I found this thread! *goes off to download all of them* :3
  • Options
    Oh wow @popettypop2012 that room is stunning so glamorous with the stuff from the VS pack!

• Options
    Origin ID: Breezyblue022
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: Christmas At Grandma's
    Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/C3A904BBBE2B11E68CD3A68B05B62D2F
    lrVDwqq.png
    1wQzub6.png
    4zyRrdv.png
    zVNAgcD.png
    Kp3m5WO.png

This room is inspired by my Grandmother's house, which is where I will be spending Christmas. She has a large cream sectional sofa, blue carpet, brown brick, and a fireplace with a fluffy white rug in front of it.
  • Options
    Awww it's beautiful @BreezyBlue022 looks like the perfect place to spend Christmas!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top