Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    You're welcome @popettypop2012 :D! Yeah, the build and CAS items are so adorable :)! Everyone's toddler parks are going to be so much fun to look at and play with B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you so much @Laebeth & @rosemow ! <3 Pretty sure now I'll be able to come up with a design for the room challenge. Drawing a blank for the lot challenge though, so probably will give that a miss this time around. Hm, might squeeze in another sim entry though. ;)

So sorry to hear your youngest has got a fever now Laebeth, hope he'll be better soon! And oh no, hopefully no tendinitis for you. You rest now and relax and get better, that's a builder's order! :)
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @rosemow @lsnishi @coolsim9999999 @Corwim Thank you very much for the well wishes for my son :blush: And for my arm too! My son is doing good, the fever has stayed away, so he is on the mend now. As for my arm, well, still sore, so will have to see how this progresses ;) Note taken @Corwim , I'll try to uhm....build less :p I might pop by my workplace's physical therapist and see if she has any tips for me too.

@lsnishi Yeah I don't think I've played since January.. haha. I will probably get back to it at some point. I just do whatever I feel like. Right now it's building ;) But I will probably reach a point where I burn out and need a break, and then I'll probably go back to playing again ;) Whatever you choose to do, remember to have fun! :smiley:

@Corwim I'm curious to see what you come up with! And we'll have to get out of each other's heads and try to make different Sims this time around! haha :p If we end up as similar as with Abigail I will laugh!

OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Laebeth Im glad they push you out of your comfort zone, I use to avoid that like the plague lol but learnt it was the only way I was going to get better and now I find some of my best builds are when I felt so out of my comfort zone and did styles and things Id never done before.
    I hope your son is feeling better and that your arm is improving
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I love all the letters in the banners @Cbear13 It was a sweet challenge. I see we have 3 weeks for the new challenge, maybe I have a chance to do it :/
    @lsnishi It is good to know that I'm not the only one reading some words with those houses lol
  • Options
    Liz_GoBucksLiz_GoBucks Posts: 73 Member
    @Laebeth I'm glad to hear your son is on the mend. There's nothing more helpless feeling than having a sick little one.

And I definitely know what you mean by the challenges pushing you out of your comfort zone. So far, I've given up on all the community lots that I've attempted. I started and never finished the Yacht challenge, the community garden challenge, adventure city challenge, dream wedding challenge. I was just not happy with any of them and didn't think they were very creative. Everyone else's builds are just so good that it's intimidating trying to make something that you're comfortable sharing, but I'm thinking it's about time I finish one and not give up on it. Hopefully I can see the toddler park challenge through, but I can already feel myself wanting to scrap everything I've done so far.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello @Liz_GoBucks :) I hope that you will enter the Toddlers Park challenge. I am sure that your park will be very creatively designed. Please don't scrap your work on it! I know that it will be special, because you have designed and built it. I will look forward to seeing your Park! :)
  • Options
    @Liz_GoBucks Yeah, it's horrible when they are sick :( No worse feeling in the world.

I know exactly what you mean, being intimidated by other creators. There are a lot of talented people out there. I've dealt with the exact same thing myself. But you can't compare yourself to anyone but yourself. In my showcase I have every house I have built so far.. and the very early ones have so many mistakes, the landscaping was horrible.. and I just cringe at them (haha).. but when I see how I have progressed, I am proud of myself. I might not be as good as some of these long time builders, but darn, I've learned a lot!

There are two thing's I did to deal with these insecurities:

1. I tried to avoid other entries until I had put in my own. Maybe staying away from the forum or just the thread itself will make you not focus on other's but rather just focus on your own creation :)
    2. I used home plans and inspiration photos a lot (and still do). For me it works so great, as I find it easier to get ideas that way.

Remember, it doesn't have to be fancy or complicated. In fact, some of the best design is simple!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Entry Form
    QC challenge no: 52
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Rippling Flats in Newcrest
    Gallery Name: Space-themed Birthday
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9125204F8C5411E781E74A8459A38E7F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cat315118&max=50&maxis=false
    YvtNQk4.jpg
    street view
    LkyA9FE.jpg
    dollhouses and play area, including a water slide for children
    H7zS5vG.jpg
    part of the cookout eating area
    HhaDikQ.jpg
    toddler party area
    AlMnp76.jpg
    one of the twins imagining a space adventure
    UBrCyOp.jpg
    the bathroom roof with 3 model rockets to enhance the space and sky theme

Notes:
    1. My toddlers’ play park has a Sky and space theme.
    2. Yellow tile represents the sun, and pink and purple rays of light.
    3. Gates are set up to protect toddlers and children from grills, so, adults may have to walk a few extra steps --- although the gates are still pretty convenient.
    4. Because it is a park with a garden, garden/sun/sky decorations on the walls, and elsewhere, are also placed. Space decorations are plentiful, as well as party decorations, including the confetti wallpaper near the space-themed star toddler beds --- in case some of the toddlers need a nice nap after lots of playing and partying.

Creative Notes:
    1. The 3 model rockets atop the male and female bathrooms are inaccessible to any Sims. Therefore, they serve as a decoration, only.
    2. The tall outdoor lighting reminds the toddlers of their nesting blocks, which are included on the lot. (The yellow and pink ones) --- not the white ones near the tree in the very front.
    3. "A redwood tree” (the staircase in the gardening and clean-up supply room (with a small roof deck) grows high into the blue sky with the yellow/golden rays of sun (the green floor is the grassy ground, and the walls are the sky and the sun.
    4. One potted plant is atop the gardening and clean-up supply room provide a good view of the park, as well as some possible restful time for one lucky adult --- unless some toddlers sneak up the stairs.
    5. There is also a garden where the twins’ birthday party is taking place, so garden animals, such as rabbits (and bears who could lumber into the garden) are featured.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Sims Challenge
    QC challenge no: 52
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Sims Gallery Name: Jones
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E0AEC85C8C3811E780234A8459A38E7F?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cat315118&max=50&maxis=false
    1QCCXhY.jpg
    ball pit fun for the toddler twins in my toddler play park that Elizabeth investigated online
    Elizabeth chose to dress up as a fairy, and Bradley chose to dress up as an space man to entertain the toddlers and children at the twins' birthday party!
    fai1dv3.jpg
    Jenny and Johnny slide down the slides, while their parents watch.

4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    @Laebeth , you are so right. When I first came in here months and months ago I looked at the challenges and just laughed to myself. I thought no way was I ever ever going to tackle those. All the challenges I looked at were absolutely beautiful, I really mean beautiful. I'm actually an artist and graphic designer (retired), and I thought, man are these people creative. So I kept coming in anyways to actually see what people were doing. I never commented or anything, just drooled at everything people were doing. I read the comments and critiques that were given and still didn't get exactly what they meant. I just kept designing on my own and never ever sharing (designing...using that term loosely). Then one day I did a house I thought came out really cute, so I shared it and someone actually downloaded it. I was amazed…then a few more. Finally I got tired of coming up with my own ideas and started to get bored, but I loved doing this, so I thought why not. I did my first monthly challenge (not judged LOL). I thought it was ok, but @rosemow, what would we do without her positive comments to what we all work so hard on, made me feel like I could do this. I kept trying different challenges. No they weren't perfect, far from it. I still have major placement issues, but I always have a smile when I actually finish something. No I haven't won anything yet, but guess what I have learned a ton and winning doesn't matter to me!

@Liz_GoBucks, Don't trash your builds…keep striving to improve! You can't improve if you never finish and submit your design for your critique.

Just today I went back and looked at some of my houses that have had lots of downloads and just laughed. I downloaded them all to a new game so I can re-do them with everything I have learned and hopefully make them so much better!

Hang in there @Liz_GoBucks, we are all here to help and support each other. I've learned that too! :)
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• Options
    The jones family is very nice! @coolsim9999999 :) It is special that Elizabeth dressed up as a fairy, whilst Bradley wore a space outfit. The twins look like they are having fun playing on the slides! Jenny is cute wearing her winged top!
    Space Themed Birthday is a very creatively designed Toddler Play Park! :) The sky and space theme of the park looks so very nice! The yellow and blue patterned flooring to reflect the sun and skies looks very effective ! The rockets on the bathroom roofing look great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the Park! It is a very detailed Park , with lots of fun activities for the toddlers to do! It looks very nice how the jungle gyms have been placed in the build. Toddlers will enjoy going on adventures using the item! It is nice that the tunnels, slides and ball pits have been separated up also, for toddlers to have fun using. The large patterned circular floor rugs look great in the build. Sims will have fun on the water slide or playing on the monkey bars, and space ship ! Very nice pink and purple colours area! Sims will have fun playing with the new dollhouses and toys from the toys wagon , and hugging the cute pink teddies! Very nice cookout area! The space themed patterned picnic tables are nice for the sims to sit and the meals that have been cooked on the BBQs. It is a great idea to fence the BBQs off,for safety reasons. The colourful fencing is a nice touch. The frog floor prints are cute through the park! It is nice that there are many high chairs in the various areas of the park. The lantern lights look pretty! The balloons for the twins birthday are coloutful and celebratory! The trees and and the colourful spinning flowers look very nice.
    It is a very special Toddlers play park! :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Liz_GoBucks, please don't feel discouraged and scrap your builds. I can't tell you how often I felt blah about a build and then as it progressed, got inspired and began to really like it. Sometimes inspiration hits later in the process later than sooner. And don't feel intimidated by other people's builds. The really great part about the QC Challenges are the many experienced builders who submit wonderful stuff who you can learn tons of stuff from and the judges feedback. We're all here to learn from each other and get helpful feedback from the judges so we can be better builders. So don't feel intimidated, just have fun and enjoy building.

BTW, I look at stuff I did eight months ago and I can see all the stuff I would change to improve it. So I firmly believe that the more you build (especially in the QC challenges), the better you'll get. Hope you'll keep going with the toddler challenge @Liz_GoBucks.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Thank you very much for your great review of my toddler park @roserow B)! I will write more tomorrow because I'm going to bed now. I've started to get up earlier around 8 a.m. instead of really late.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you very much for your great review of my toddler park @roserow B)! I will write more tomorrow because I'm going to bed now. I've started to get up earlier around 8 a.m. instead of really late.

Hello @coolsim9999999 :) I hope that you have a restful sleep. Good night :)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I had a good night's sleep and got up on time, thanks @rosemow :).

I'm happy that you liked the fairy and spacesuit costumes for the twins' parents, as well as Jenny's fun shirt with wings @rosemow :D! It's awesome that you liked so many different aspects of my toddler play park --- all the little details and sections, the sun and sky flooring reference and the model rockets on the bathroom roof, as well as the detailed nature of the park and its sky and space theme B)! I'm really glad that you thought it was creatively done <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Your builds are very nice @Liz_GoBucks, and I think you should keep doing this challenge because your work is very good :DB)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    Random Side Note: Hey guys I'm thinking about starting a SimLit page, but I'm a little nervous about putting myself out there...What do y'all think?
  • Options
    @CaramelLibra29 Why not? :)

You seem to enjoy making Sims, and are quite good at it too, so why not just go for it? If there is one thing I have learnt about the Sims community, it's that everyone here is friendly. Quite a stark contrast to pretty much any other gaming community. Here everybody is about lifting up and encouraging people :) So I don't think you have anything to worry about ;)

If you want to do it, just go for it! Rip the bandaid :p

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    Random Side Note: Hey guys I'm thinking about starting a SimLit page, but I'm a little nervous about putting myself out there...What do y'all think?

Hello @CaramelLibra29 :) I think that it is a great idea for you to start a SimLit page! When you create your sims for the challenges, you are always very creative in both your creating of them and the way you present them in the post. You are very creatively talented! . Simmers would enjoy reading the stories of the lives of your sims from your game, and seeing the accompanying pictures,
    Happy sims story telling! :)
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    So glad to hear your son is getting better @Laebeth ! Hope he is fully healed in the mean time. :) And the same goes for your arm, fully healed and ready to tackle the next set of challenges! ;)

I hope you will see through the toddler park challenge @Liz_GoBucks ! I agree what everyone else has said. In the end we are all here to have fun first and then pick up new building tips and ideas from our fellow creators, and remember, everyone is always their own worst critic. I'm sure your builds are a lot better than you think. :) I will look forward seeing your creations should you decide to enter them! B)

Wonderful space themed toddler's park @coolsim9999999 and wonderful family! <3
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Corwim :D! I'm really happy that you liked my toddler park and the Sim family I made to go with it B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @coolsim9999999 What a beautiful park! Very colourful and creative!

@CaramelLibra29 pls start your Simlit page. I can't wait to read it.

@laebeth good to hear that your son is better. Must've been so stressful for you.

@Liz_GoBucks Don't give up. I totally agree with what everyone said. Your builds are lovely and the more you build the better you get. Some of the simmers here have been building for a long time.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @popettypop2012 --- Thanks a lot for you very nice comment about my toddler park :D! I'm really glad that you like it so much B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Sorry I didn't get to everyone's alphabet houses. They were all awesome B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top