Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,103 Member
    You're welcome @undressyourbones :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    @Cbear13 I saw your pictures of Snow and your beautiful cat sitting beside the fireplace they look very cute and I hope your getting much needed rest getwell very soon take care
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thankyou @chips46 I finally feel like Im getting better yay even though I have a super red nose
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    @Cbear13 --- It's nice to hear that you're beginning to feel better B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @Cbear13, glad to hear you're feeling better! Wish we could send you some hot tea with honey and lemon.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    ouch red nose @Cbear13 glad to hear you're feeling better
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @Cbear13 if your nose is very red and irritating aka the skin is getting slightly dry and it hurts so can you add lotion that get the skin smooth or you can use a certain type of lipgloss(not the stuff with bunch of glitter but those for dry lips, NOT lipstick unless you want your nose to look like a certain color) itll help the skin getting less irritating and less red. Since youve had the flue for long, and still have it, you should really do it because have dry skin for a long period of time aint good (:
  • Options
    Lotion/tissues with aloe with vitimin E work well too :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Ive been using aloe vera tissues the whole time and im using vaseline on it. Its all good ive been blowinf my nose heaps so there was no way to avoid it
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Cbear13 --- Oh, that's not fun ;(. I think aloe vera tissues are about the same. I know the vaseline trick, too. Some chapsticks sell a "nosestick." You could call the pharmacy or something to find out what they may have.

You could also Google it. Type in
    ChapStick Nose Soother.
    Click on the turquoise picture of it about halfway down the page.
    That stuff works so well!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited July 2017
    QC challenge no:49
    Origin ID:popettypop2012
    Are you a novice builder:No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Rio Verde in Oasis Springs
    Gallery Name: Oasis Springs Fun Park
    What is your Adventure City's theme: Beach Fun and Fitness
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/CF0A4B6A66D611E788ACC13EA108331C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    ZdP7lGD.png
    CRzXTrT.png
    9VnRfJx.png
    5FeEbTN.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    The design and layout of Oasis Springs Fun Park is very nice ! @popettypop2012 :) Each of the areas of the park looks great! There are a variety of enjoyable activities for sims to do at the venue! It looks nice that there are both beach and sea areas. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars and pirate ship in the grassy area. The design of the sand pit is great ! Kids will have fun playing with the dollhouse. The giraffe is cute! Very nice lake/sea/pool areas! The plants and rocks look very nice on the edges of the water, and the water fountains are pretty! The trellis covered entrance gateway is a nice touch. Very nice yoga area! Sims will enjoy attending yoga classses and restfully doing yoga on the mats with other sims. The wall of candles is a calming touch. They will have fun playing basketball. Very nice outdoors dining area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the pivnic table, enjoying the outdoors setting. The candles are pretty touches on the tables. Very nice gazebo ! Sims will have fun playing chess there, as well as enjoying sitting on the stools having a drink from the tiki bar. They will enjoy listening to the juke box music. Very nice activities nook where sims can enjoy using the Rock climbing item or have fun on the slippery slide. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. Very nice exterior of the building where sims can rest in the beds. The flower box windows look pretty,
    It is a very nice venue to visit! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Nice park @popettypop2012 ! Love the great mix of activities.

Here's my entry. When you guys said adventure I thought of an African Safari. So here's Safari Spa with a treehouse clubhouse and veranda, savannah with giraffe herd, waterfall fed pool, wetlands, extinct volcano and active geysers, and rock climbing in the mountains. I had a lot of fun making this.

QC Challenge 49
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Novice Builder No
    Level: Advanced
    Original Lot Used: Optimist's Outlook in Newcrest
    Gallery Name: Safari Spa
    What is your adventure city's theme: Go on a Safari in Africa! See the sights while you rock climb, swim, or get a massage.
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D2B39F1C677A11E7866B31B1AA318D0D
    Pics:
    LE2I0XU.png
    PJewVLH.png
    Treehouse Clubhouse and Veranda:
    MupmlUz.png
    At the Tiki Bar:
    JY9Dj6V.png
    Swimming in pool, viewing extinct volcano and active geysers:
    Jlse767.png
    WydJO4i.png
    Notes: I deliberately didn't put any paths in because I thought it was visually distracting. Several things are going into each other (again deliberately) e.g. the ivy on the "mountains", the algae around the pond and pool, the dense ivy on the pavilions, the rocks in the geysers and around the pool and pond, mega lanterns on the posts on the bridge and the treehouse veranda, and the ivy trellises ringing the outside of the clubhouse floor. Rocks are also deliberately going into the geyser fountain emitters in my attempt to hide them. Whew I think that's it!

Edited to add a new gallery link, because I had to take the lot down to fix the contest hashtag and then put the lot back on the gallery.
    Post edited by lsnishi on
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Safari Spa is a very creatively designed venue for sims to enjoy visiting! :) The African safari theme of the venue looks so very great! The herd of giraffes in the midst of the savannah is great! Very creative design of the extinct volcano! The pool area is very nice. The rocks and plants look nice on the edges of the water. The active waterfall geysers are a nice touch! It is great that the rock climbing items are used in the build, so sims can go mountaineering in Africa! The nearby rocks and waterfall look very nice! Very nice tiki bar area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the tiki bar. The drinks bottles shelves are a nice touch on the wall.The layout of the build looks very nice! Very nice gazebo areas! Very nice massage area for sims to enjoy having a relaxing massage whilst laying on the table or sitting in the chair. The plants, flowers and rocks through the build look very nice! The exterior design of the treehouse clubhouse looks great! Sims will enjoy cooking meals outdoors on the grill on the veranda. Very nice hot tub gazebo! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub.
    It is a very creative, African safari themed venue! :)
  • Options
    For anyone missing expansion packs they are currently 50% off
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    @popettypop2012 Great beach theme! :)

@lsnishi Love your safari theme! Great volcano and rock wall areas :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow and @RivendellStar! I had a lot of fun making it!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @rosemow I can't believe you spotted the sandpit.

Thank you @RivendellStar and @lsnishi

By the way, @lsnishi your hashtag for the challenge isn't correct. I think the judges don't want you to do that. You can still correct it.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @popettypop2012 --- I like how you used nature pools in your adventure city entry :D!

@lsnishi --- I like how you moo'd the rocks and used the fountain jets to look like a waterfall, as well as your natural pools B)!

4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @popettypop2012, I'll check the hashtag. Thanks!

And thanks for the kind comments @coolsim9999999.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    @lsnishi --- You're welcome :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you, @coolsim9999999 :)
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    QC challenge no: 49
    Origin ID: withlovejulien
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: advanced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Umbrage Manor, Willow Creek (I think I got it right this time!)
    Gallery Name: Main Street
    What is your Adventure City's theme: Small Town, USA, when everything was within walking distance (modeled after Disneyland's Main Street, USA with a lot of different buildings housing different activities)
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/68FE0446676D11E78E9DA1B0FF9750EF
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

YytPjK9.png?1

EvTNHGH.png

aUqzd9A.png

N3xrFTP.png

ACFDLfk.png

More images

Some additional pics in the spoiler

Park:
    O0IMawd.png

Pool:
    2ShtCWK.png

Library:
    VU1WTqM.png

Pub:
    x8A8yS1.png

Café:
    GXTZlHy.png

Children's museum:
    UK1YCaI.png

Basketball:
    BLbcsam.png

Bowling alley:
    9iSRccR.png

Fitness center:
    5ySVSs6.png

Spa:
    A2qSQKd.png

Arcade:
    hXqi0pU.png

Lounge:
    2RnzTYv.png

Nightclub:
    0LbMFjS.png

Notes: The awnings on the children's museum clip into the frieze a small amount (it was that or clip into the windows and it made more sense to think the builders would notch the awnings to fit the frieze than modify the windows--and I loved the awnings). Even though the lounge/nightclub is in a separate building from the bar, I added a globe bar instead of a full bar. When there are two bars on a lot you never know where the bartender is going to be (even if you click a specific bar to hire a bartender they seems to randomly go to any bar on the lot!)--this way they're easy to find in the pub. The café 1st floor has one section of spandrel and the rest is friezes--I did it deliberately for design. The white urns on the balcony half-wall serve as decorative finials.

Build mode issue notes: The frieze on the primary entrance to the bowling alley/fitness center does not go flush against the outside wall because I added an internal wall at on angle onto that intersection. It's mostly noticeable when all of the walls are up and the view is nearly straight down. It's not at all obvious from other views. I had to use actual pillars on the corners of some buildings because the wall texture for siding with whatever-it's-called (vertical strip at the intersection of walls) didn't work that well for this build and sometimes the pillars clip into window frames. The half-wall making up the balcony for the café has a section of trim missing--because there is an "invisible" wall for the library frieze, the game still treats it like a wall for the trim. The roof trim for the library sticks through the wall of the café balcony. The peaked roof over the first floor of the library is doing that thing where it doesn't render completely because the slope is close to the slope of the half-hipped roof it's intersecting. One of the spandrels (toward the back of the lot) at the secondary gym entrance didn't drop to the right place when I added the frieze--at least in my game. The triangle portion of the roof on secondary bowling alley/fitness center entrance (the one under the clock tower) is a half-hipped roof for the look but the roof has to be very short (or there were artefacts in the fitness center that would cut through the rock climbing wall--though funnily enough only visible from underneath) so the roof can't go into the room behind it.

• Options
    The design and layout of Main Street looks very nice! @withlovejulien :) Each of the buildings look som great! Very nice exteriors of the buildings! The architecture and balconies look so very great! It looks very nice the way that they are on each side of the Main Street of the town . The flower boxes windows and hanging flower baskets on the exterior walls looks very pretty! Nice umbrella covered outdoors dining area. Sims will eating and drinking outdoors in the sunshine. Very nice park and pool area! Sims will have fun swimming in the water and enjoy using the slippery water slide! Kids will have fun playing on the pirate ship and the monkey bars, . The water fountain feature in the central courtyard is a nice touch. Very nice grill area for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating the food at the picnic table in the outdoors air. The floral fountain sculpture looks so pretty there! The furnishing of each of the venues within the build looks sim very nice! It is such a very detailed build! It would take a long time to write about each of the areas, but I enjoyed looking at the pictures, There are so many places for sims to enjoy visiting and activities for sims to in Main Street! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top