Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    soulfullsoulfull Posts: 104 Member
    @amadazulsim Ok thank you for the clarification. I will create my own founding couple. Thx for the Welcome!! This is such a neat challenge & everyone is so helpful!
    @OJenn Thx for the welcome! Can't wait to get started!!
    @debjameswhite Thx for welcome! Can't wait to start creating the founding couple; however want to wait until I get the home built first.
    @Heckstress17 Thx SO MUCH for the idea!! No problem; I appreciate all the help!!
  • Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Heckstress17 I do prefer Oasis Springs because Willow Creek is so much about Goth family. In my imagination it belongs to them.^^'

@OJenn I will think about it. Maybe I'll reconsider. And I have one more question. Can I change clothing and hair style of the sims from the genepool? I suppose I can't change their haircolor, but can I change their hairdos?
    I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    Good morning everyone :)

@Heckstress17 I really thought I might lose Logan this time. My first thought was oh my heir, then it was like oh no! Who's going to put him out! Thank goodness Jayden didn't have heir envy!! I'm glad you like the collages I like being able to see them all at once :) Just have to remember it lives on page 175! hehe Oh and to you and @JordanNicoleJJ I have flagged and unflagged sims before and it works just fine. If the mate is one your playing you don't even have to unflag them. But use it without fear :)

@OJenn I don't plan to keep the fire thing as a mate choosing mechanism...I just thought it was funny as the last 3 generations have had a fire. I let it choose Saul because I was conflicted. It's probably not really even fair, I mean the girls haven't even had a chance to play with fire yet. Who knows? :)

I love your shells for the downtown area. I keep wondering if we might do something like that together as a group. I keep trying to think of something to give a little more challenge to our challenge without making it burdensome. Like maybe we could each be responsible for a different commercial lot and then we'd all have the same downtown...or each do a lot but make it optional to use in case someone had a big plan for their downtown...or adding some kind of generational goal. I don't know, I also kind of love how free we are :)

Welcome @QuiteIzzzy ! So happy to see another person joining our challenge. I'll answer your question to @OJenn since I'm up and here :) You can change their hair, you can change their clothing you can even change their tattoos. You can not change hair color, eye color, skin color or name (unless of course they don't have a name!). Hope that helps! Have fun!!

UPDATE

Much to my surprise, after his bath Logan went right back to cooking. I guess catching on fire didn’t do anything for his hunger. Where are his parents? My kid wouldn’t be cooking after trying to burn the house down!
    qYVLu.png

His brother Jayden took the smart route and made himself a salad.
    qYVMS.png

After, he just wanted to take a nice shower when Christine and Davis “accidentally” walked in on him.
    qYVOl.png

See them pretending to be surprised? I know, the Lawrence twins are hot but jeesh…
    qYVPF.JPG

Meanwhile Logan was telling Kenzie and their friend Sarah (a distant cousin) about why he and Jayden were not in school that day.
    qYVSM.png

Jayden went to bed…he’s never going to get one of these girls to like him!
    qYVTY.png

Logan on the other hand was stargazing with Kenzie.
    qYVUP.png

Then he made a salad…Smart move Logan, boys who like to cause fires should stick with raw food.
    qYVWd.png

The boys were having an intense discussion about their impending birthdays.
    qYVWJ.png

The next day, when Kenzie came over the first thing she did was give Logan a hug.
    qYVXl.png

He quickly went back to reading though. Nerd brain.
    qYVZ5.png

The girls are smart too though, they did their homework together.
    qYW0K.png

Davis is the one who’s been breaking Elise’s dollhouse!
    qYW1Q.png

Saul was trying to bake some cakes for the boys birthday but Brenna stole a piece. <sigh>
    qYW3l.png

That’s ok he’s a whiz in the kitchen and quickly baked another.
    qYW4d.png

The nanny was invited to the party and the first thing she did was look for Saul.
    qYW5v.png

Saul didn’t have eyes for her anymore, all he cared about was throwing a good party for his boys.
    qYW5R.png

AND Elise! She reminds me so much of Madison!
    qYW6Q.png
    qYW7t.png
    qYW87.png
    qYW8i.png
  • Options
    Oh and sometimes I wish we could like certain comments in post because I 100% agree with and wanted to like/love @Heckstress17 comment to @Francisca464 about getting her butt back into this thread!!!! I miss her too :)

Also, @Tellex come back.
  • Options
    Letchy15Letchy15 Posts: 530 Member
    Hello everyone. Short update, school is taking up a lot more time than I imagined and I've a lot less time to play than I expected. :disappointed:

Sasha told the entire family about the new baby during breakfast. No one looks thrilled :grimace:

iwuiqu.png

It's Xara's birthday in a couple days, and so I'm still trying to complete her aspiration, so we invited over my simself son Carl for a play day

a9vm0k.png
    287mzpj.png

"Woo I did it!!!!" :joy: I love Elena, she's my main choice of heir at the moment

Bryon also got a promotion. I think he's happy about it :neutral:

2epuaz8.png

And then... Sasha had only just begun her second trimester when her waters broke... :grimace:

2pyyuls.png

Not sure that's supposed to happen doctor

a2t4xs.png

Even though HE (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy::blush: ) was born very prematurely, meet the happy little Joseph Santiago!!

250nz95.png

The next morning, the trash plant finally had its fruit. I got Sasha to try one

15ogsjr.png

She liked it?!?! really?!?!

21kmb0m.png

Awhh :love:

2a6ovpy.png

Xara being a great big sister

nexlhc.png

She also went and cheered up Poofy, telling him that she'd be aging up tomorrow, and wouldn't be able to talk to him anymore :disappointed:

2q181ew.png
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited September 2016
    @debjameswhite - Oh my gosh I am so glad Saul is past his nanny phase. Elise does look alot like Madison from what I can see. That bathroom picture with everyone acting all embarrassed was too great. Jayden just has this unphased look on his face lol

@Letchy15 - Aww welcome baby Joseph, I am anxious to see how Xara turns out as a teen.

Family Tree

With all the excitement of a new business both Gary and Audrey had almost forgotten about the girl's birthday. Thank goodness for the little in game pop up message. So Audrey called over some friends and family for an impromptu birthday bash.
    f702a06943.jpg

The first guest to arrive was her nephew Milan, who was the cool kid in the last update. He cleaned up nicely thank goodness.
    98b626b0b3.jpg

His twin brother Will also thinks very highly of himself
    1946a8db1d.jpg

Little Charlotte put on a puppet show for their guests called Lost in the Woods
    d7e49a0eac.jpg

Meanwhile in the kitchen Audrey caught up with her elderly cousin Jaxon, who is Taylor and Aurora's son.
    0c40fa491d.jpg

Audrey's sister made a grand appearance with her frosted locks, she is an elder now
    845d5956be.jpg

Little Corrina was in good spirits, I think she is excited about the party mainly
    4f60c106d2.jpg

Gary decided to do all the catering himself since he loved to cook
    3cae3348eb.jpg

A pink cake with sprinkles was in order for the two princesses
    9644ba7139.jpg

Nothing like a little moral support from cousin Milan to get this party started

Corrina makes sure her twin is ready before blowing out the candles first
    50995aebdd.jpg

0bf5aafedc.jpg

db9724d5fd.jpg

Now it's Charlotte's turn
    250b2107c1.jpg

I don't think she is as excited as her sister was sadly
    2826249b47.jpg

7811a8261b.jpg

I will be back with a makeover update in a few minutes!
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited September 2016
    Here are the girls all aged up

Charlotte ended up getting her grandfather's nose and more of her mother's features. She got her father's skin tone.
    rlhx1k.png

And Corrina, I'm not really sure who she takes after but she has her mother's skin tone. And both girls have their parents eyes since they are both blue.
    34dt10w.png
  • Options
    @Letchy15 The look on Bryon's face when he got promoted was great. Also, I can't believe you made Sasha eat trash fruit...ewww!
    Congrats on the baby and I can't wait to see Xara as a teen!

@OJenn It's so funny when I see your game and you say your kids are ready to age up and I'm like "Noooo!" yet I just married off one of my twins... I can't believe we're almost done! Even though I can't wait to do Oasis Spring and I'm really excited for Windenburg especially with my story idea about Dylen :)

Anyways back to your update...I love the twins Milan and Will, I'm glad Milan could dress nice for a party. Charlotte and Corrina are so pretty! They aged up really nicely :)
  • Options

Introducing my founding couple. I haven't started playing them yet; just created them. I want to make the perfect house for this beautiful couple. Brett is a medically retired elite USA Navy Seal & Valencia is a beautiful native from the Solomon Islands. Brett met Valencia in route to a vacation to Fiji while in the service. He couldn't forget her...
    The%20Basilios_zps9mil0n7p.png
    Bretts%20Traits_zpsmlq52wcq.png
    Valencias%20Traits_zpsvsk8la7h.png
  • Options
    @soulfull such a nice backstory. And what Brett will be doing now? He will get new job, or be a stay at home dad?

• Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited September 2016
    Great updates everyone!
    Just popping in for a quick birthday post for Paige and Prince.

29374308001_588d4e432f_h.jpg

29454529235_2c097b4555_h.jpg

29374306681_4aacb49af4_h.jpg

29370387762_aa3ff53e62_h.jpg

I think Paige is so pretty. She turned out nice!
    ]
  • Options
    @QuiteIzzzy I'm still contemplating their career directions. Right now they are newlyweds & happy to be together. I thought @ first Law Enforcement for Brett; however, he sustained his injuries during a covert mission, so PTSD would be a factor negative factor for that career. Perhaps they may open a restaurant together or a retail store...skies the limit. :D
  • Options
    @OJenn your girls are gorgeous!
    @amadazulsim Paige is beautiful!
  • Options
    @soulfull Your founders are super cute, and I love their back story. Can't wait to see them in action :)

@amadazulsim I love love love how Paige and Prince aged up. They're are both so cute. You are really lucking out with your genetics lately!

UPDATE

I was excited when Christine called one morning and asked Logan on a date. She had pretty consistently rejected both boys hardcore. I feel like Logan and Kenzie are a repeat of Saul and Lilly so I really wanted to give her a chance.

Sadly, she was all tricks and the date tanked. “Why did you ask me out again?”
    r17Y2.png

He knew where he belonged and asked Kenzie if she wanted to get a bite. They do make a nice looking couple.
    r186i.png

And they have deep conversations.
    r186C.png

Then Grandpa showed up! Not only is this Logan’s Grandpa, but it’s Kenzie’s step-dad!
    r186S.png

It didn’t stop Logan and Kenzie from becoming best friends.
    r17XF.png

Or Logan from stealing his first kiss.
    r17YE.png

However, the waitresses at this establishment are not doing very well.
    r180g.png

Kenzie’s Mom was also there and the two were not getting along. Between the death and her Mom being at her date, Kenzie was feeling really down, but Logan was there for her.
    r180B.png

Kenzie’s Mom was really angry the entire time she was there. She was angry with Kenzie and she was angry with her husband. She is the first sim I’ve ever seen die because she was angry. I also think she is the first sim in this save that did not die of old age.
    r181i.png

Not sure what Kenzie’s doing…but she looks happy…
    r181P.png

Meanwhile, at home, Elise has aged up into an evil teen. She’s an evil genius…this is what Saul needed if he wanted to be a master criminal! Is that what Elise wants? No, she wants to write books. Probably a good second career choice…
    r182y.png

I mean at least it’s her own doll house she’s destroying.
    r182P.png

She (I) felt bad afterwards so she put it back together for her little sisters.
    r182Y.png

Also, Jayden unexpected eloped with his sweetheart. They moved into Ethan and Di’s old home :)
    r183a.png
  • Options
    VenayVenay Posts: 59 Member
    This is right up my alley! I love building and making sims!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @debjameswhite Elise first destroying and then fixing the doll house was hilarious ^^

Ok, I've made my mind. I'm goin to start this challange in Willow Creek, as @OJenn suggested. And this is my founding couple:

Asian man - Kai Adorno, and black woman - Amaya Boyle.

Amaya is very feminine and gentle, she's a bit loner, and she loves to cook, but can't do any dish yet.
    Kai is very artsy, and he will become great painter one day.
    a6n9m89qx102.jpg

Post edited by QuiteIzzzy on

• Options
    @QuiteIzzzy Oh they're awesome! I love them...you did a great job. Can't wait for you to start!
  • Options
    Also, @Venay Welcome! Can't wait for you to start :)
  • Options
    @QuiteIzzzy Your founding couple is awesome. Amaya is beautiful.

I love all of your stories everyone!! I can't wait to see more & to begin mine.
  • Options
    UPDATE

Logan’s house is finished. I think this is one of my favorites. It’s beachy and open concept and really hard to photograph because everything is so compact!

Also, Logan has not moved in, so you won’t see any of his homey touches and photos yet.

This is the side of the house that faces his parents’ house. He turned the garage into a gym since he doesn’t own a car.
    r1s4u.png

This side yard looks over the big part of the river.
    r1s4G.png

And the porch looks over the smaller river.
    r1s4T.png

Here from the living room we can see the dining room and the kitchen. See? Compact!
    r1s5B.png

Here’s the living room.
    r1s61.png

That great arch leads to the foyer. That is the part of the house that opens up to the street.
    r1s6d.png

There’s a little nook where Logan is putting his computer. Saul wanted him to have a bat since he wasn’t going to be around to keep him safe anymore.
    r1s6p.png

Part of the foyer. The door on the left leads to a small washroom.
    r1s6B.png

Moving to the second floor, we’re in a little family/reading room. This is also where they do their laundry.
    r1s6J.png
    r1s6V.png

One of the spare bedrooms.
    r1s72.png

This is the master.
    r1s7g.png
    r1s7w.png

It was very frustrating trying to get a picture of these rooms so no master bath, but here’s the master closet! :)
    r1sGR.png

On to the third floor! There’s a lot of goodness in this tiny lot. This is looking down the hall from the top of the stairs. There are a couple of fun tiny rooms for sleep overs. The door leads to a covered breezeway and an outside deck that leads to an observation tower.
    r1s7E.png

Another spare room I couldn’t properly photograph. You can see the bed in the mirror hehe
    r1s8h.png

To save myself further frustration, I did some top down pics. I really love this house.
    Third Floor
    r1s8D.png

Second Floor
    r1s8V.png

First Floor
    r1s9b.png

• Options
    Can anyone tell where I can find a tutorial on terrain altering? Is this possible in TS4? thank you.
  • Options
    @soulfull I don't think there is any way to alter terrain is Sims 4

@Everyone I am really loving playing Logan...I just lengthened their lifespans to long :)

Has this happened to anyone else? Grace who is Saul's twin is an elder. Haper who is his "little" sister just became an elder. Saul and Lilly are only about 1/2 way through the adult phase. Something weird is going on! I am happy that they'll be around to see their grandchildren though!

r21SH.JPG
  • Options
    krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    Hi I just wanted to let you know I'm going to try to play the sims 4 as much as I still play sims 3. So Jamal and Catalina will return.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Thanks, @soulfull! ^^

Very nice house, @debjameswhite, so Hamptons style ;) It even has a garage!^^ (I miss cars in TS4)

Ok, I've got some photos (acctually a lot) about first week of Amaya's and Kai's life.

Enjoy ;)
    3km2atzxn4vt.jpg

a8617smpmhuf.jpg

vw18tu2dydsl.jpg

ire7dv2fzgdw.jpg

x5idjbw6bcwq.jpg

tcp6gd9odoau.jpg

vudxkl1idowx.jpg

4pe60jyidg84.jpg

wteg3ueq2nk3.jpg

78jk68njaqne.jpg

8iva2q2fv3ku.jpg

v04plnimd0uf.jpg

xqhjoytm3nmt.jpg

skr6nwwyjbew.jpg

hdhcrxsncxeb.jpg

oxb9ra15gnal.jpg

9d22kle5qsq5.jpg
    Post edited by QuiteIzzzy on