May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play one world or all of them?

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Now and then, I see someone post that all their played Sims live in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs or Newcrest, and with people down in the GT category here talking about the new world coming with that EP and whether they want it "attached" the same way or separate, I thought I'd ask:

How do you play the worlds in Sims 4? Do you stick to one world all the time or use all of them, or something between that? And how do you imagine those worlds relating to each other?

In all my saves so far, I've always played all the worlds, and when I've had played Sims in multiple households, I've never had them all in one world. I think of the "worlds" as more like towns that are near each other within the "world" that is my savegame.

It's different, though, from how I originally imagined the world structure would work before launch -- from early descriptions, I thought that the worlds would act more separately -- but now I've just gotten used to thinking of the Sims 4 world as more its own thing and not so much like a fictional Earth. Now and then I imagine I'd like a more modular setup where I can pick and choose the worlds included in the game ... but not till we have a lot more of them to pick and choose from.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    I play on all of them, except Magnolia Promenade, I love the green area it has but since sims never seem to go there to chill I stick with the other towns the most.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I play the three of them, I have a bunch of sims living in each and play them rotationally. Magnolia Promenade I have kept as a retail destination.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I've played in them all, right now I just filled up Newcrest and my current household resides there. Still travel to all of them tho as I made Newcrest strictly residential so the clubs, bars, park etc. are all in the other worlds.
  • Options
    RebeccaEMannRebeccaEMann Posts: 17 Member
    I mostly stick to Willow Creek and Newcrest. I go visit Oasis Springs to get garden material and such but I just love the green landscaping in the other two. I only go to Magnolia Promenade to run my business that my legacy family owns. :]
  • Options
    abbyo48870abbyo48870 Posts: 166 Member
    I don't use Newcrest at all... Is that bad? :D
    EiEgvr2.gif
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    There aren't enough lots, so I play them all. I miss being able to place my own
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    edited August 2015
    I play all of them, kind of a chore to control em all...
    Trying to find the right play style to play em all isn't easy. XD
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,122 Member
    I consider Willow Creek my main 'town' and the rest are neighboring towns. I have two households in Willow Creek that I play and the rest of the families are just there to provide friends and neighbors for my two families. Oasis Springs is totally populated with families I've downloaded from the gallery. Magnolia Promenade is my shopping district/downtown and I plan to also set up Newcrest with shops and community lots. No residential.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I play through all of them too, but there's always one that I play the most. First it was Oasis Springs, now it's Willow Creek and I'm quite sure the next will be Windenburg.

Newcrest seems too generic for me.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    I still wish there was a switch option for story progression, would make things a bit easier.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,122 Member
    edited August 2015
    I consider Willow Creek my main 'town' and the rest are neighboring towns. I have two households in Willow Creek that I play and the rest of the families are just there to provide friends and neighbors for my two families. Oasis Springs is totally populated with families I've downloaded from the gallery. Magnolia Promenade is my shopping district/downtown and I plan to also set up Newcrest with shops and community lots. No residential.

ETA; I like the idea of imagining my sims visiting their friends in a neighboring town or going downtown to shop.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    abbyo48870 wrote: »
    I don't use Newcrest at all... Is that bad? :D

Lol no :D It takes extra work to use Newcrest. I swear, I've been most of my summer playtime setting it up!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I liked Oasis Springs the best.
  • Options
    PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    I usually play all, I recently deleted my saves and started a new game, starting off slow, I have two active households in WC, OS and Newcrest, each with single sims, 3 guys, 3 girls and playing their households rotation style.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I play them all except Magnolia Promenade. Mostly my gardeners want a green plot though ... so I tend to end up in those more often.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I've played all the base game ones. Oasis Springs is my favorite too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I never really go to Oasis, I haven't even explored all the neighborhoods in that world yet.

I mainly stay in Willow Creek the most.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I never really go to Oasis, I haven't even explored all the neighborhoods in that world yet.

I mainly stay in Willow Creek the most.
    I hope you do. There is actually a cool beach like area there which I like taking my Sims to.

I think I found a picture of it here:
    16454702794_a1d8823270_h.jpg

It would be a cool area for Sims to swim at when that feature gets added. Building tide pools in it would be fun too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I play them all and also consider them as towns my sims can travel to.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I play all all the worlds :smile: I like to move my families around and change scenery a bit.

Magnolia Promenade has been turned into the teenage town with one responsible adult in each household.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have a couple of favorite households in each and when GT comes out, I will move a couple of them to Windenburg. I like the fact that they are connected. I think of them as different suburbs of the same large city (the one in the background). Maybe one day we'll get that downtown city to live in.
  • Options
    Candigurl247Candigurl247 Posts: 1,149 Member
    I play all the worlds, I have different families for each one.
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    I play in every world but I hate desert settings (because of MMO's). I play mostly in Willow Creek because of this.
  • Options
    Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    I rotate families and play all of the neighborhoods and I'm slowly moving Sims into Newcrest. Oasis Springs is my favorite at the moment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top