Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Culling.

Comments

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    go and get this mod MC Command Center made by Deaderpool it stop culling

To me the thing about mods fixing things is that it takes EA off the hook for fixing broken things.

You have reason. Why Maxis will solve the culling, if modders fix it?
    (and there are SimGurus than follow the most known modders)
  • Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member

To me the thing about mods fixing things is that it takes EA off the hook for fixing broken things.

That's a fair point and all, and we can still complain about this issue (which they've officially stated on Twitter that they're fixing), but the OP needs a solution, so we have to present one.
    And thankfully the mod mention does other awesome things.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    plenilunes wrote: »

That's a fair point and all, and we can still complain about this issue (which they've officially stated on Twitter that they're fixing), but the OP needs a solution, so we have to present one.

Other awesome things is good. I've no problem with using mods to add game play. It's just the principle of the thing with using mods to fix broken game features for me. I see it this way....if the game is broken for me I'm not going to play. If I'm not playing I'm not going to be tempted to spend money for new content. If they want my money they need to fix broken things. I like some things about TS4 and it would be nice to play but I'm just not in love with the game the way it is now and it doesn't bother me to not play.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    plenilunes wrote: »

Other awesome things is good. I've no problem with using mods to add game play. It's just the principle of the thing with using mods to fix broken game features for me. I see it this way....if the game is broken for me I'm not going to play. If I'm not playing I'm not going to be tempted to spend money for new content. If they want my money they need to fix broken things. I like some things about TS4 and it would be nice to play but I'm just not in love with the game the way it is now and it doesn't bother me to not play.
    Yep when mods are needed to fix a Sims game, it makes the Sims 4 no better than the Sims 3.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    So just to add my voice to how bad this actually is... The last time I loaded my game (only has this 1 played family), my elder died (100 baby challenge- first matriarch) and her urn was left in the house. I saved and quit. Very next day, loaded my game... all trace of her was gone. The paintings on the wall lost her name, the urn only had option to destroy or put in inventory... just like that. And before I loaded I actually went around evicting some of the houses in OS that randoms had moved into. Maybe that had something to do with it... I dunno. But that was pretty disappointing.

Next load is kind of quick for someone to disappear! I had imagined it would happen eventually but not that quick.
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    There was a mod, but it was broken by the last big patch. Currently I know of no way to avoid culling.

It still works. I haven't noticed any culling in mine. But the amount of people saying it isn't is troublesome.

Same for me. Mine is working just fine. I hate the culling in this game.

• Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    edited August 2015
    Releasing the spirit made the sim released be culled and removed from the family tree in my experience, just throwing that out there.

And I think everybody uses the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, right? Using mods to fix and fine tune games is pretty normal. Glad they're working on fixing culling, though. It sucks!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Well good news:

CuriousCheeze ‏@CuriousCheeze 21h21 hours ago

@SimGuruDaniel Players are upset about culling. The ghosts and family trees are rendered useless without a mod. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/850449/auto-culling-what-are-the-rules/p1
    0 retweets 0 favorites

Daniel Hiatt ‏@SimGuruDaniel

@CuriousCheeze Yes. It's a serious issue that we are working on.
    Thanks for sharing! I wasn't buying the rumours about them not fixing culling because "it's working as intended", but still good to know they're considering it a serious issue.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2015
    Releasing the spirit made the sim released be culled and removed from the family tree in my experience, just throwing that out there.

And I think everybody uses the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, right? Using mods to fix and fine tune games is pretty normal. Glad they're working on fixing culling, though. It sucks!

No, everybody does not use mods. In fact I don't know any Simmers who are family or friends, outside of the various Sims forums that use mods. In my house it creates havoc if I use a mod or CC - so I would rather not have the hassle. It is the downside of being married to your PC Tech - who is by the way very anti - User made content.

Like this morning when I got up - I have discovered he removed my Nvidia GTX 980 ti card and has my Asus Nvidia gtx 750 ti OC card in the pc. I have no idea why. Most annoying when he does things like that seeing I was in the middle of trying to fix my New Crest neighborhood and some issues thanks to this crappy culling issue. GRRRR. So not only do I have to deal with my game I have to deal with a change of video cards - and I am sort of miffed as to whether I should even fire up the game at this point. I spent all day yesterday working on that hood and restoring homes with culled sims that I was actually playing in my rotation. (And yes I am patched up to date - I know they said that was fixed patch before this last one, but they ought to tell my game it is fixed then, because it obviously did not get the memo.) But that is another story.... but I assure you - not everyone uses mods contrary to your belief. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Well good news:

CuriousCheeze ‏@CuriousCheeze 21h21 hours ago

@SimGuruDaniel Players are upset about culling. The ghosts and family trees are rendered useless without a mod. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/850449/auto-culling-what-are-the-rules/p1
    0 retweets 0 favorites

Daniel Hiatt ‏@SimGuruDaniel

@CuriousCheeze Yes. It's a serious issue that we are working on.

Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather. :p It will be interesting to see what they do to address the issue.

• Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Get Together... Make New Friends!!

Only to be culled the next day. Can't hardly wait ;)
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    edited August 2015
    So I was ready to play with my current household (my avi), opened my saved game, and there were my lovely Brennan - Booth sim family as I left them yesterday, they were recovering from having their first baby Christine, after that they were to bed and woke up on a beautiful saturday mornig, my female sim wanted to go jogging and my other sim made breakfast, as always. They were having a nice saturday so I decided to call some good friends to have a peaceful lunch in the garden... everything was going perfectly...
    ...and then BAM! Culling attacked me for the first time! it was horrible, I couldn't believe it, I thought "why do you do this to me EA? why me?"

526x297-4HW.jpg

All my best friends and good friends were gone! there were only the odd neighbors (the pancakes, ugh) and some other sims that nobody knows >:( .

So I said myself: "Calm down, just close the game without saving" and I did it. Thankfully culling attacked me in this saved file and I noticed it on time, now I can go back to the previous saved one.
    On a more serious note, I hadn't installed the no culling mod because my loading screens aren't the fastest you know and I've heard that it can make your game slower :( but if there is no option I'll have to do it. Is there other mod that controls and deletes the townies? and can it work at the same time with the no culling mod? How do you fight against this "feature"? Why hasn't EA fixed this? Thanks ;_;
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    I have no idea what to tell you but I just wanted to say your avi is amazing as well as your taste in TV shows <3
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    I put townies I want to save in houses, and try to build friendship/ romances with them after that. I don't care about building relationships unless I know they will be there when culling attacks my sims that are homeless and Unplayed. I have uploaded a sim that my sim knew from work to the gallery in case he is culled, of course if he's culled.... And I them bring him from the gallery and put him in a house.... He will no longer be a co worker =(.
  • Options
    P.s. .... I also delete some townies once in awhile
  • Options
    Sorry culling attacked your game and yes it is a big issue that hopefully will be fixed by Maxis soon. I hope you are able to get a new computer someday especially if load times are slow just one year in the Sims 4. It will probably get worst as more packs are introduced into the game. There are game boosters that can help sometimes. Clearing your cache can help too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I have no idea what to tell you but I just wanted to say your avi is amazing as well as your taste in TV shows <3

Thank you so much! I love Bones <3:blush:

PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I put townies I want to save in houses, and try to build friendship/ romances with them after that. I don't care about building relationships unless I know they will be there when culling attacks my sims that are homeless and Unplayed. I have uploaded a sim that my sim knew from work to the gallery in case he is culled, of course if he's culled.... And I them bring him from the gallery and put him in a house.... He will no longer be a co worker =(.

I'll try that! I hadn't thought about putting them on a house, thank you!
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sorry culling attacked your game and yes it is a big issue that hopefully will be fixed by Maxis soon. I hope you are able to get a new computer someday especially if load times are slow just one year in the Sims 4. It will probably get worst as more packs are introduced into the game. There are game boosters that can help sometimes. Clearing your cache can help too.

Thanks! I'm going to buy a new one in october, I've got a new job so hopefully ocotber would be great! I've been trying to save for months but being in college isn't cheap lol.
    My loading screens in this saved game are like 45 seconds - 1 min. , it's passable, but it could be better :)
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm going to buy a new one in october, I've got a new job so hopefully ocotber would be great! I've been trying to save for months but being in college isn't cheap lol.
    My loading screens in this saved game are like 45 seconds - 1 min. , it's passable, but it could be better :)
    That's good and no it isn't. I probably will need to get another computer, but I kind of want to see how the Sims 4 patches go before deciding on it. I just paid off the last of my student loan. Oh that's not bad. I mean people say that CC and mods make loading times longer, but packs do too. Basically anything that adds onto your game does. I just really hope you don't ever get hit with the incest glitch too. I haven't had culling occur in my game yet other than the light of cull social worker, but I do use the no cull mod. It is supposed to be kind of out outdated anyway and people have been using the MC Command Center mod for culling now. Anyway happy Simming and I hope your played Sims never get culled. That is always sad when that happens.
  • Options
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I'll try that! I hadn't thought about putting them on a house, thank you!

YW.... Good luck!
  • Options
    Layne1683Layne1683 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm sorry culling attacked your game. Bones is my favorite show and I have a few of the characters in my game. The sim in my profile photo is actually my attempt at making Brennan. She doesn't look exactly like her, but she was so cute I decided to keep her. Like SheriSim said, putting the sims you want to keep in houses should keep them from being culled. I also go through the unplayed households fairly regularly and delete the ones I don't want roaming my neighborhoods. As of yet I haven't noticed any of my played sims being culled, but I hope it's a bug they get fixed soon. I also hope that putting your sims in houses keeps them from being culled in the future. :)
  • Options
    gothic1886gothic1886 Posts: 31 Member
    Had this happen to me once when my in-game teenage son found this really cute girlfriend, they had a romantic night and I was so happy with them, but I couldn't add her into the household since she was a teenager. The next day, she disappeared into oblivion and I was really bummed, because I really wanted her in the family. :( At least my sim had a really great romantic one-nighter.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I would suggest you to put the culling mod in your game and occasionally go and delete the households you dont care for from manage world screen.
    That way your important sims will not be culled and your game will not slow down.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    If I can remember, I try to save the townies I like through Manage households to my library. If anyone gets culled, I'll just replace them.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie