Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Culling.

Comments

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    edited August 2015
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    On a more serious note, I hadn't installed the no culling mod because my loading screens aren't the fastest you know and I've heard that it can make your game slower

no culling is out-of-date

Use MC Command Center
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I like your gif, that is exactly how it feels. lol Seriously, my Sims had bartender friends, alien friends, best friends, romantic interests friends, all sorts of townie friends And NO I do not have room to put them in houses as 'unplayed' and not taking up my precious land lots to anyone who will suggest it. :) Yes, it is the horrible little secret of this game. Do not waste time making friends with unplayed Sims. It will cause you a lot of stress.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    On a more serious note, I hadn't installed the no culling mod because my loading screens aren't the fastest you know and I've heard that it can make your game slower

Use MC Command Center

But that one has too many 'extra' options. The Developing Team needs to redesign how it will keep the towns 'lively' and stop messing with our games, period.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Use MC Command Center

But that one has too many 'extra' options. The Developing Team needs to redesign how it will keep the towns 'lively' and stop messing with our games, period.

You're right about developers, but that aside...

But you can completely ignore the extra options, as the defaults of the mod are set to EA's defaults. There are some useful things in it though: no culling, randomize neighbors visiting, population controls like marriage and having children. It's really nice.
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm going to buy a new one in october, I've got a new job so hopefully ocotber would be great! I've been trying to save for months but being in college isn't cheap lol.
    My loading screens in this saved game are like 45 seconds - 1 min. , it's passable, but it could be better :)
    That's good and no it isn't. I probably will need to get another computer, but I kind of want to see how the Sims 4 patches go before deciding on it. I just paid off the last of my student loan. Oh that's not bad. I mean people say that CC and mods make loading times longer, but packs do too. Basically anything that adds onto your game does. I just really hope you don't ever get hit with the incest glitch too. I haven't had culling occur in my game yet other than the light of cull social worker, but I do use the no cull mod. It is supposed to be kind of out outdated anyway and people have been using the MC Command Center mod for culling now. Anyway happy Simming and I hope your played Sims never get culled. That is always sad when that happens.

Oh my I've read about the incest bug and hopefully It won't happen on my game :( I just have OR and GTW but won't buy anything until Generations (I promised that to myself) so I'll have to wait until october, and then wait for generations lol :blush:
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    Layne1683 wrote: »
    I'm sorry culling attacked your game. Bones is my favorite show and I have a few of the characters in my game. The sim in my profile photo is actually my attempt at making Brennan. She doesn't look exactly like her, but she was so cute I decided to keep her. Like SheriSim said, putting the sims you want to keep in houses should keep them from being culled. I also go through the unplayed households fairly regularly and delete the ones I don't want roaming my neighborhoods. As of yet I haven't noticed any of my played sims being culled, but I hope it's a bug they get fixed soon. I also hope that putting your sims in houses keeps them from being culled in the future. :)
    OMG I love her! <3 you did a great job! Who can't love Bones? lol :blush:
    thank you for your advices I'll try that and hopefully it won't happen to you, it's horrible :confounded:
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I hate culling so much and mainly for one reason only. The culling erases my family history, so now I can't see my first lineage for memory reasons anymore. Like, even the tombstones are useless. What's the point of a family tree when you can't even see it anymore ...
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited August 2015

Use MC Command Center

Seriously? :(
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    So do the culled Sims disappear completely? Sorry if that is a stupid question. This hasn't happened to me yet that I've noticed.
  • Options
    I'll try the MC Command Center as some of you said :) thanks everyone I really appreciate your advices!<3 hopefully EA/Maxis will fix this ASAP! I really hope this not to happen in your game, it's really frustrating :/
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'll try the MC Command Center as some of you said :) thanks everyone I really appreciate your advices!<3 hopefully EA/Maxis will fix this ASAP! I really hope this not to happen in your game, it's really frustrating :/
    MC Command Center is great. It will help with story progression and other things too. It's basically the TS4 version of Twallan's TS3 mods.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I am hearing a lot about this, can someone explain what it means or does?
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    It is when sims are brought to my basement and never to be seen again.

(They're deleted forever. SIms in houses/Sims in the played category are safe from culling.)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    abbyo48870abbyo48870 Posts: 166 Member
    @Colton147147 There was a thread talking about culling certain sims by choice, could you explain that?
    EiEgvr2.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    abbyo48870 wrote: »
    @Colton147147 There was a thread talking about culling certain sims by choice, could you explain that?

Some players delete Sims on their own before the game can. That makes it take longer for the game to get to the point where it does culling. Last save I played with aging on, I did a lot of deleting both housed and nonhoused Elders before their time, so their dead selves wouldn't bump the population count up closer to the 180 cap. I never got comfortable doing that though :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    So there's actually a limit on how many sims you can have?
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    So there's actually a limit on how many sims you can have?

Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    There was a cap in TS2, as well. Don't remember just what the number was, but I thought it was higher. I never ran into a problem, however. And, I'm not certain I've run into one this time around. But people are saying Sims are being culled. I can't argue that. The devs, apparently, tried to put in a mechanism by which the game wouldn't get borked (as some complained of in TS2), but like many things, the fix seems harsher than the malady. Oi!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    TS2 for base game and University was 1000 sims per neighborhood (base 'hood plus associated campus(es), so 1000 for Veronaville and another 1000 for Strangetown, etc.). Nightlife raised it and it ended up somewhere over 32,500 by Apartment Life. This does include professors, townies, foreigners, et al, but clearly a lot more expansion room than Sims 4.
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Wouldn't it be better if instead of culling, you can just send a Sim away to emmigrate to another country?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Your game has a 180 sim limit, if you have too many sims it deletes them from the game. The problem? It's basically random like how Sims3 randomly moved sims out of the the town, meaning your sim's family members could be deleted or their ghosts meaning the game deletes all traces of those sims ever having existed.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    180 for TS4 and 1000 for TS2!! Are we going backward that much?
    I totally dont blame people who say this is more a mobile game. Culling has already destroyed my game
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    So I was ready to play with my current household (my avi), opened my saved game, and there were my lovely Brennan - Booth sim family as I left them yesterday, they were recovering from having their first baby Christine, after that they were to bed and woke up on a beautiful saturday mornig, my female sim wanted to go jogging and my other sim made breakfast, as always. They were having a nice saturday so I decided to call some good friends to have a peaceful lunch in the garden... everything was going perfectly...
    ...and then BAM! Culling attacked me for the first time! it was horrible, I couldn't believe it, I thought "why do you do this to me EA? why me?"

526x297-4HW.jpg

All my best friends and good friends were gone! there were only the odd neighbors (the pancakes, ugh) and some other sims that nobody knows >:( .

So I said myself: "Calm down, just close the game without saving" and I did it. Thankfully culling attacked me in this saved file and I noticed it on time, now I can go back to the previous saved one.
    On a more serious note, I hadn't installed the no culling mod because my loading screens aren't the fastest you know and I've heard that it can make your game slower :( but if there is no option I'll have to do it. Is there other mod that controls and deletes the townies? and can it work at the same time with the no culling mod? How do you fight against this "feature"? Why hasn't EA fixed this? Thanks ;_;

OP totally understand what you gone through. it happened in my game as well. I hate it.
    EA is busy going after our money by releasing packs ignoring a serious issue that has been going on more than 8 months.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    the game is broken, family tree and ghosts are not working.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ugh, i better start killing families off then! Didnt know this happens