Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers should be optional

Comments

• Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    I REALLY hope they're not optional, because that'd imply they put so little work into it and they're so simplistic that it can be simply deleted out of the game and have no effect. I'd hope they're thoroughly integrated and future packs add more and more they can do. The sound of 'free patch' even fills me with anxiety.

I suppose, alternatively, there could be something that 'activates' them? Like, if you don't own the original download then all of the scripting/options would not be visible to you - but still fully woven into the game. Wait a second... Technically, wouldn't toddlers be optional anyways since you can just age them up immediately? Isn't any life stage optional? What does having it in your game or not matter?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    alienXing wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you would be able to age immediately.

I only want Toddlers in my game if they age up into cats. I don't want children in my game either.

Then go play Second Life which isn't a game at all. If you don't want children in your game why are you even playing a life simulator? Or is this just to fuel the flames. You don't ever have to have children in this game. You can go into manage worlds and delete every one of them, it won't matter at all. Viola, done and done. And when the game spawns them again into the other part of the game for uplayed homeless Sims just delete them again. No worries, these Sims don't matter at all none in the game, not one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    They should make an option for any life stage to be optional. Even YA. I would probably keep them all on, though.

I'd use this feature. It would be so much better if when sims got pregnant, they gave birth to a Young Adult.

The part of me that has given birth is terrified by that. . .the part of me that just put an angry toddler to bed thinks you are a genius.

RDJ%20Thumbs%20Up_zps6lrrjj2v.gif

14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I'm pretty sure Toddlers will come in a patch shortly before the Generations EP, and then the pack itself will have Pre-Teens as well as more stuff for the Toddlers. Which would mean that Pre-Teens would be optional and Toddlers would be mandatory. If EA is going to give us Toddlers in a free download, they should somehow allow us to opt out... Possibly by making them a free DLC instead of a patch update.

Good point but why should people have to pay for an EP to complete toddlers when they should have been complete in the base game in the first place?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Toddlers?
    I thought EA decided to make parties, not toddlers.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2015
    They would pretty much need to give everybody these life stages in a patch. If someone tried to download a household with a toddler and preteen in it and didn't have the pack, I'm sure it would really screw up the game.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    They should make an option for any life stage to be optional. Even YA. I would probably keep them all on, though.

I'd use this feature. It would be so much better if when sims got pregnant, they gave birth to a Young Adult.

Im crying
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    They would pretty much need to give everybody these life stages in a patch. If someone tried to download a household with a toddler and preteen in it and didn't have the pack, I'm sure it would really screw up the game.

Good points :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    This thread though..

Lol.

Carry on. lol
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2015

exsactly also if not in a patch (any extra lifestage) don't count on me trying sims4 again...
    becouse beside the galery problem.... there would also be absolutuly 0 chance that furtere EP/GP/SP could ad content for the lifestage.

if some one don't want to play them age them up until they fun for you... just like I don't play evil sims and criminals in sims3 (most the time) becouse I don't like it. take a choice. 1 persons choice schouldn't limit the enjoyment of the games for the rest of us.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    i suspect toddlers will be objects... just like babies. that'll be so awesome... just like babies. you rule!
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »

exsactly also if not in a patch (any extra lifestage) don't count on me trying sims4 again...
    becouse beside the galery problem.... there would also be absolutuly 0 chance that furtere EP/GP/SP could ad content for the lifestage.

if some one don't want to play them age them up until they fun for you... just like I don't play evil sims and criminals in sims3 (most the time) becouse I don't like it. take a choice. 1 persons choice schouldn't limit the enjoyment of the games for the rest of us.

In TS3, if you want to play evil Sims and let them destroy each other, you can, and they will destroy each other ;)

If you want to make a family with five generations, you can, and they won't get culled

If you want to make a Sim a doctor, a scientist or an athlete, you can, and you can do it your way.

In TS3, you create, you control and you rule! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

In TS3, if you want to play evil Sims and let them destroy each other, you can, and they will destroy each other ;)

If you want to make a family with five generations, you can, and they won't get culled

If you want to make a Sim a doctor, a scientist or an athlete, you can, and you can do it your way.

Thank you
    yes thats my point

Also if you want to party and be all about Woohoo you can

I miss the posibility to choose in sims4
    i miss the option to rule
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    alienXingalienXing Posts: 168 Member

In TS3, if you want to play the game without 3rd party mods to regulate performance, you can't, because it will crash due to poor coding!
  • Options

In TS3, if you want to play the game without 3rd party mods to regulate performance, you can't, because it will crash due to poor coding!

I know some can't
    but others can (even if modes made it posibel to adjust it even more to my likeing)

that still make it a fail on EA's codeing
    but so is the incest bug in sims4....
    and even sims4 chrashed a few times in my trial play... and that was just hte basegame... basegame 3 hardly ever chrased on me. (unless I had played for 5+ hours with no break)
    and will need modes if you want anything resembling free sandbox family play...

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Wrong!

I play without mods (I use CC, which doesn't help or hurt performance), and my game works fine.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Funny thing is, those same mods that were used in TS3 are being used in TS4 to make it playable for Simmers too. MC Command Center sound familiar? Otherwise culling would make the Sims 4 unplayable for many Simmers as well as the story progression issues. And let's not forget about incest plaguing the game too. I mean not like Simmers can handle a lot of packs just with how culling is set up now. XD It's very laughable.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Thank you
    yes thats my point

Well its like me in TS3, I switch styles often.

Many of my Sims are families, a large number are born in game Sims, some reaching gen 4 although I never intend to go further than that

Then you have my 'themes' such as the Snob family and their neighbours, the Slobs.

The Snobs are old fashioned, hard working and do things by the book and live in a nice house, while the Slobs simply 'inherited' the money so live in a nice house but are the polar opposite and the Snobs hate it lol

There is my space themed household, all completed their life time wish of being Astronauts lead by Captain Scott Kirk who is a 'young elder' or an elder with brown hair rather than grey lol They have been to the future and are all University graduates

I also have the Explorers, they want to explore ancient tombs but I still need to work on them. They are lead by elder Patch Digginson

I have criminals, only a few but some are street hooligans while some are big time gangsters, every town has them so why not?

I have a few celebrities such as the Wood family, Holly Wood, East Wood, West Wood are a few of their names

I also have a few Simselves, I appear in a few different roles throughout my game so I really do create, control and rule.

My game my rules :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Thank you
    yes thats my point

Well its like me in TS3, I switch styles often.

Many of my Sims are families, a large number are born in game Sims, some reaching gen 4 although I never intend to go further than that

Then you have my 'themes' such as the Snob family and their neighbours, the Slobs.

The Snobs are old fashioned, hard working and do things by the book and live in a nice house, while the Slobs simply 'inherited' the money so live in a nice house but are the polar opposite and the Snobs hate it lol

There is my space themed household, all completed their life time wish of being Astronauts lead by Captain Scott Kirk who is a 'young elder' or an elder with brown hair rather than grey lol They have been to the future and are all University graduates

I also have the Explorers, they want to explore ancient tombs but I still need to work on them. They are lead by elder Patch Digginson

I have criminals, only a few but some are street hooligans while some are big time gangsters, every town has them so why not?

I have a few celebrities such as the Wood family, Holly Wood, East Wood, West Wood are a few of their names

I also have a few Simselves, I appear in a few different roles throughout my game so I really do create, control and rule.

My game my rules :smile:

yea... my game changes from generation to generation

and then I play difrent things in other saves
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015

Not really if you try to download an alien (without GTW) or a baby/kid (TS4 CAS demo) the game doesn't get screwed up lol it just doesn't let you download it, simple.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Why are you so sure they'll be in a patch?

You can opt out of them- just adopt children in the game or don't try for baby. :)

I don't want them in the game at all. I would rather have the cockroaches from TS1 back.

My oh my, it was better when you were gone.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm pretty sure Toddlers will come in a patch shortly before the Generations EP, and then the pack itself will have Pre-Teens as well as more stuff for the Toddlers. Which would mean that Pre-Teens would be optional and Toddlers would be mandatory. If EA is going to give us Toddlers in a free download, they should somehow allow us to opt out... Possibly by making them a free DLC instead of a patch update.

You can also just age them up. Simple.
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited August 2015
    ^ exactly. If they free patch toddlers, it will be optional because there's something called cake.

Seriously OP, troll harder :)
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

You can also just age them up. Simple.

That's the good thing about TS3, you can age up any life stage there and then with the cake.

I play with aging off and age my Sims up when I want so if a player really didn't want to deal with a toddler, a quick age up wouldn't hurt while those who want to spend more time with them have that extra amount of time to enjoy the life stage so there are winners on both sides :smile:

Options and TS3 do seem to go hand in hand ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm pretty sure you would be able to age immediately.

I only want Toddlers in my game if they age up into cats. I don't want children in my game either.

Dogs for me, or ferrets. I love both. nothing against cats of course. I like all animals. I just like...dogs and ferrets more. Sorry, feline fans.

Oh, and toddlers being optional would be nice.