Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers should be optional

Comments

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2015
    Um you would have an option to opt out..its called just aging them up by trigger age or birthday cake.

I have an even better option for them. And my mom told me and my sisters years ago if we thought parenting was going to be a walk in the park. "Don't have kids.", and this is not to be rude to the op, but if you don't like children, why make them? You could also go into the edit household part of the game and simply make a new YA sim with the older couple genetics if you didn't want them lol. I'm awfully sorry but I had a bit of a giggle from reading this thread.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    For the first time in the series I'm seeing fans who want features removed and/or are glad that the features that have been removed are. This worries me.

EA sees this and takes advantage of it. There's having preferences and then there's people who would buy each season separately @ $40 each. I don't get that, but no, I disagree. It's a life simulation game, things such as a life stage should be in the base games, other extras that build on that can remain optional.
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    If we get toddlers, I hope EA does some research and makes them more like they are in real life. Screaming fits, throwing up, making messes, up all night, getting into stuff and breaking it, oh and diaper blowouts. Potty training should be a lot harder. Walking and talking should take at least a sim week for the kid to learn. Teenagers should also be a lot tougher to deal with. We got some of that in Sims 2 and 3, it needs to be kicked up a notch. Lying about no homework, coming home late, having an unsavory boyfriend/girlfriend, throwing a fit when mom takes their phone, lots of door slamming, etc. This is why it should be an EP. Simmers can opt out if they choose. Oh and make the toddlers really cute and cuddly, so they get away with their usual behavior. :P :D
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    You know what else should be optional? Sims. They are so lame and boring. I don't even know why they are in the game seriously. Like why couldn't they have just put them in an optional dlc or in an expansion pack because aint nobody got time for that.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Free DLC to be honest. Toddlers are to big to be patched, but shouldn't be charged for, that way everyone is happy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Free DLC to be honest. Toddlers are to big to be patched, but shouldn't be charged for, that way everyone is happy.

EA is not happy. If EA is not happy, Ea doesnt make it. Fans should keep the pressure, but Maxis will aways charge for it as well because if the company does not see a return, it is unlikely that they will make anything at all. It would be safer to call for something worthy the cost than free stuff, not that they did not release free stuff already, yet it wasnt a full fledged lifestage.

alienXing wrote: »
    They should make an option for any life stage to be optional. Even YA. I would probably keep them all on, though.

I'd use this feature. It would be so much better if when sims got pregnant, they gave birth to a Young Adult.

That's a terrible thing to picture.

I can imagine it..

jr73Y.gif

• Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Toddlers have always been optional. The fact that you can age them up makes it an "option".
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Why are you so sure they'll be in a patch?

You can opt out of them- just adopt children in the game or don't try for baby. :)

I don't want them in the game at all. I would rather have the cockroaches from TS1 back.

Sure, I would easily agree to that, but first have them remove the aliens and make them optional. :unamused:
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Why are you so sure they'll be in a patch?

You can opt out of them- just adopt children in the game or don't try for baby. :)

I don't want them in the game at all. I would rather have the cockroaches from TS1 back.

Sure, I would easily agree to that, but first have them remove the aliens and make them optional. :unamused:

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of aliens. I'd rather have the option to turn them off, especially abductions.

Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    They should make an option for any life stage to be optional. Even YA. I would probably keep them all on, though.

I'd use this feature. It would be so much better if when sims got pregnant, they gave birth to a Young Adult.

The part of me that has given birth is terrified by that. . .the part of me that just put an angry toddler to bed thinks you are a genius.

This. Is. Awesome!
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Just age them up, it's quick and easy. I'm sure there are Simmers out there that don't want babies, children, teens, etc. They just age them up. :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    I want them patched in. I want my alien toddlers again and other supernatural toddlers. I already had to put up with the other life stages being poorly done. Toddlers in the base game is the least Maxis can do. Preteens in an EP would just be like icing on the cake and freeing babies would be like having yummy flowers on the cake. So nope, I do not want toddlers confined to a EP. Free DLC like the holiday pack isn't going to work. You know how many core files toddlers will have to be tied to just to make them work right and well with the rest of the aging process? It's not as simple as adding a t-shirt or a tree object. It is more complex than that. But if Maxis aren't able to program toddlers into the engine they built and designed, then I really don't see how many other things in this iteration can be done as well. Toddlers are the big test to see if things like pets and seasons can be done well. But honestly at this point, I see seasons confined to one season per world now just because of how the core is designed. Then again, for supernatural preteens to work well too, they may also have to be patched into the base game. Don't even bother with the TS2 University excuse because YA were confined to being played and living in one world only. I don't want that for toddlers. I want them to interact with pets and be a part of other EPs. But maybe TS3 set the bar too high for TS4 that it can never reach the possibility of having supernatural families of all ages again. I mean it doesn't even have ghost babies anymore. XD

Honestly at this point, I don't see toddlers or preteens even being possible until the Sims 5. This iteration simple can't handle a complex supernatural and family system. So sad, too bad, oh well.

Gurus have stated that all life stages you can age up without consequences and that if toddlers are put into the game, they will be the same aging system. It's weird, it feels like some expect toddlers to have the Sims 3 aging system only. It just seems a poor excuse to back up their dislike for a base game life stage. The Sims 4 aging is not exactly like the Sims 3 aging process. Why don't people get that? Is the Sims 4 that bad of a game, that toddlers would ruin it completely for them? Come on. What I don't understand is everyone was a toddler at one time. So is it like did they hate being a toddler themselves? I just don't understand that logic. Must be some sort of phobia people have towards people that are not their age I guess whether they are older or younger. Strange how society is like that now, not just in this community. Respect for elders and babies is like nonexistent now.

I'm all for a birth control potion for Sims though, so that Simmers that don't want any Sim children at all can just make their Sims drink that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Looks like Someone is trolling teh forums and people are falling for it.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I think if Toddlers are added in a patch, you'd get them whether you like it or not, so if you really really really hate Toddlers so much, I'm afraid you'll have to age up every Toddler in your game including the homeless ones lol
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    QDog wrote: »

Ah, I noticed the OP has made several threads already. You're probably right...
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    BooV7227 wrote: »
    *TS2.

(Warning, images in the post are somewhat graphic and PO'd a lot of members, click with caution.)
    The OMGWTFBBQ.

It also got a certain user a warning when it was posted. Warning for the original poster.

You reminded me of this bit. Definitely a blast from the past, but it was memorable.
    0.jpg
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    QDog wrote: »

And people wonder why our sims do it autonomously in the game...
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Don't worry, they did an extraordinary job opt out thousands of fans by not making toddlers :confounded:
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    And Young adults too since I don't like and I don't want that life stage.

Seriously dude, you can just age up every Sims right away, the only "forced" age that you can't skip this way are elders but it's easy to kill them.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm pretty sure Toddlers will come in a patch shortly before the Generations EP, and then the pack itself will have Pre-Teens as well as more stuff for the Toddlers. Which would mean that Pre-Teens would be optional and Toddlers would be mandatory. If EA is going to give us Toddlers in a free download, they should somehow allow us to opt out... Possibly by making them a free DLC instead of a patch update.

This was discussed already a loooong time ago.

There are no penalties for aging sims ahead of time unlike in TS2/TS3 so, there you go, just age them up.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DruekasterDruekaster Posts: 42 Member
    The fact that none of the gurus are really saying anything about toddlers, other than basically "we hear what you're saying" is probably a sign that toddlers are coming. From what I've seen in the past, they clam up pretty hard about things that are actually in the works.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    The problem i have with OP's wish is the same problem i have with them maybe putting them in an EP (aside from paying money for them): They won't really consider to include them in future DLC if not everybody has them. I do like the idea of giving us options in the menu to skip certain life stages. I would never use such a feature but it wouldn't make toddlers irrelevant compared to other life stages.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    If that's the case then ever lifestage should be optional, I don't see why it should just be toddlers.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I'm pretty sure you would be able to age immediately.

I only want Toddlers in my game if they age up into cats. I don't want children in my game either.

Um... then just don't make your Sims have kids if you hate them so much.
  • Options
    pythonpunkgirlpythonpunkgirl Posts: 240 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    If we get toddlers, I hope EA does some research and makes them more like they are in real life. Screaming fits, throwing up, making messes, up all night, getting into stuff and breaking it, oh and diaper blowouts. Potty training should be a lot harder. Walking and talking should take at least a sim week for the kid to learn. Teenagers should also be a lot tougher to deal with. We got some of that in Sims 2 and 3, it needs to be kicked up a notch. Lying about no homework, coming home late, having an unsavory boyfriend/girlfriend, throwing a fit when mom takes their phone, lots of door slamming, etc. This is why it should be an EP. Simmers can opt out if they choose. Oh and make the toddlers really cute and cuddly, so they get away with their usual behavior. :P :D

I would be more than willing to fly out there with my little squishy (if they pay, of course) so they can study her. She is a giant trouble maker (she knows how to take her diaper off and I'm going to leave it at that) and beyond loving and sweet. She is the prefect toddler (not that I'm bias or anything ;-) ).

I also agree about teens. I feel like the teens we have had in past games-and this one- act too much like adults and not enough like hormonal teenagers. Even good teens have their bad decision or mean moments and i think it should be the same for sims. Plus the developers want drama in the game and that is the prefect age for it.

Now I was wondering- wouldn't preteens need to be patched in as well? Otherwise they wouldn't have content in future packs either.