Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers should be optional

I'm pretty sure Toddlers will come in a patch shortly before the Generations EP, and then the pack itself will have Pre-Teens as well as more stuff for the Toddlers. Which would mean that Pre-Teens would be optional and Toddlers would be mandatory. If EA is going to give us Toddlers in a free download, they should somehow allow us to opt out... Possibly by making them a free DLC instead of a patch update.

Comments

• Options
    alienXingalienXing Posts: 168 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Why are you so sure they'll be in a patch?

You can opt out of them- just adopt children in the game or don't try for baby. :)

I don't want them in the game at all. I would rather have the cockroaches from TS1 back.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    They should make an option for any life stage to be optional. Even YA. I would probably keep them all on, though.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm pretty sure you would be able to age immediately.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you would be able to age immediately.

I only want Toddlers in my game if they age up into cats. I don't want children in my game either.
  • Options
    PinkmonkeyPinkmonkey Posts: 188 Member
    What the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is this thread about? :# I don't even....
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    alienXing wrote: »
    They should make an option for any life stage to be optional. Even YA. I would probably keep them all on, though.

I'd use this feature. It would be so much better if when sims got pregnant, they gave birth to a Young Adult.

Babies aren't a real life stage in The Sims 4, so I wasn't counting them.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'm not looking forward to having toddlers in my game, but I know a lot of people want them desperately and in my opinion it would be unfair to make them pay for a pack to get them. Besides, you could always age them up or set them on fire if you don't enjoy playing with them.
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to having toddlers in my game, but I know a lot of people want them desperately and in my opinion it would be unfair to make them pay for a pack to get them. Besides, you could always age them up or set them on fire if you don't enjoy playing with them.

That's incredibly sad. Even if I don't want Toddlers I wouldn't set them on fire.

lmao, I was suddenly reminded of that TS3 mod that allowed you to cook babies on the grill
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited August 2015
    *TS2.

(Warning, images in the post are somewhat graphic and PO'd a lot of members, click with caution.)
    The OMGWTFBBQ.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I Don't think toddlers are coming back anytime soon. They are the most talked about subject on the threads and social media. EA Knows what they are doing (making money making no good lacking s.p's g.p's & e.ps) they will hold out on tots for as long as possible.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    What would have been the difference between getting them in a patch VS getting them in the base game to begin with?

Anyway, I'm sure if EA knows what's best for them, toddlers AND pre-teens would both be added in a patch prior to the expansion pack being released (if it does). Adding a life stage in an expansion pack alone would make no sense and would be very unnecessary. It would make the gameplay in Sims 4 even more awkward than it already is.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    What would have been the difference between getting them in a patch VS getting them in the base game to begin with?

Anyway, I'm sure if EA knows what's best for them, toddlers AND pre-teens would both be added in a patch prior to the expansion pack being released (if it does). Adding a life stage in an expansion pack alone would make no sense and would be very unnecessary. It would make the gameplay in Sims 4 even more awkward than it already is.

They added a life stage in Sim 2.

I honestly would not be upset if they made you pay for preteens, Toddlers yes, preteens no.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Age them up. End of story.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

They added a life stage in Sim 2.

I honestly would not be upset if they made you pay for preteens, Toddlers yes, preteens no.

The young adult stage in Sims 2 was only available for University, so it was acceptable. It's not the same thing as adding a new life stage to the overall gameplay in general.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Um, no.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited August 2015
    Ok first things first, you can age up a toddler. Next up, if they are going to add toddlers via a patch they would have to give them to everyone so people don't complain when they buy later expansions that have toddler items. So yeah...
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    If they were to add it in a patch, it wouldn't be optional cuz they would have to make special interactions for toddlers in future DLCs or EP, and this will confuse and complicate things if they were to make toddlers optional.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    alienXing wrote: »

I'd use this feature. It would be so much better if when sims got pregnant, they gave birth to a Young Adult.

That's a terrible thing to picture.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Um you would have an option to opt out..its called just aging them up by trigger age or birthday cake.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    In the previous Sims iterations (except 1 because there were no toddlers in 1) I only played toddlers so that they wouldn't have bad traits as children. To me that's forcing toddlers on those of who are family players but find playing with toddlers tedious - not all family play simmers love toddlers. I am not against them because some feel they need them to make the game complete. But I would like to be able to age them without negative consequences like I can with the other stages.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81