Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fate of Sims 4: The unamused audience and cringe worthy presentation.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LaybackSpinLaybackSpin Posts: 40 Member
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > Never before has Sims been such an outright embarrassment. When you have to add an applause sound because you stunned you audience, in a bad way, then you know you messed up.

LOL! Agreed!
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 2015
    The half hearted lines.
    The "cool" dancers and hipsters.
    The music that wouldn't be out of place in a Teletubby danceclub.

I think I just went experienced the equivalent of walking in on this franchise woohooing with mediocrity.
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I agree and I haven't even watched the video cause of how bad people are saying it is
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    ^ You should. Its hilarious. Hilarious and so sad.
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think it is even more embarrassing is this Twitter comment, "Your dance moves where the best Rachel." Why oh why would anyone call that dancing or call it the best? It was just bad.
    tumblr_inline_nsp0jn5gYz1qd7trb_500.gif
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    weird. my computer locks up when i "like" comments giving heartfelt criticism to the current state of the sims franchise. also, like the population of sims in ts4, half of my comments have been culled from yesterday's forums. weird. am i on some kind of watch list, ea? why you no like me no more? you don't even come by to see our love child anymore...

de9ad4f433b8ea6726c7529d6d5945b7.jpg

Sorry, totally off topic here -

Ok, was just about to shut down the computer and try to sleep until I saw that image..what is that thing?! It looks like the baby of a Predator and a monkey. Keeping me up a bit longer tonight!

Back on topic, that presentation was a bit much to watch. I never liked the "You Rule" campaign and as for the dance party, I just sat in stunned silence. I remember the Sims 3 University tease with the guys coming out on stage but that actually was fun and amusing. This, not so much...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    The Sims was at it's peak from it's original launch in 2000 right up until they announced The Sims 4.

Since the launch of TS4, it has been going down hill rapidly. Yesterday's actions on stage was the final straw

You know TS3 isn't my favorite but the TS2 is but with that said, I have to agree with you on this one. As much as I don't like the moodlet system when you think about it's themes for EPs and it's content they created it blows the TS4 out of the water. I mean houseboats on an ocean and or river or lake was an amazing feat for this game. What has TS4 done or offered like that? I know I didn't buy the WA because I felt I didn't want to play an adventure game within a life simulator genre, however, I have watched the trailers over and over in these past years, and watched some play that EP. And 'that' content was amazing and so are those worlds and all the ways they brought those themes to life. What has TS4 done like that?

Then think about the animations for the Showtime EP. Good grief, those animations for the juggler, are more active than these Sims. I see they are going to bring back acrobats? in the GT? Or is that just staged and held out for later? You can see them in the trailer, but this new EP isn't bringing anything Amazing to the game. TS1, TS2 and TS3 EPs all brought amazing things to the game we had never seen before. Not all, but most of them. This Hasn't happened for the TS4. And the base games were 'amazing' bringing new things we had never seen to knock our socks off. TS4 is not that sort of game and I agree if you look at the games that way, then it is a down hill slide for this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    isnt it funny how eveyrhting she just said had totally nothing to do with the reality of the game. there is simply NO you rule in this whole game. thats exactly what all the complaints are about and yet they keep calling it as if its the baseline of the sims 4.. yikes.

And what does a bunch of people dancing on stage have anything to do with 'your rule' in connection with the sims 4 in the game? How does one not see that?! If she calles this HER you rule moment.. shouldnt it be something she could actually manage in the game? It just doesnt make sense and i feel insulted that they think this is believed by the sims community who are clearly a lot smarter then them.. cause we are real and have fatanstic creative brains.
    Everything they showed in the first main trailer, we cant even do in the game but the 'you rule' statement keeps popping up like they try to burn it into you brain so you better believe it. Disgusting!

Im so done with this 🐸🐸🐸🐸

Because she was saying 'I rule' muhahaha and this game is going to be about Par Ta!!!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    I agree and I haven't even watched the video cause of how bad people are saying it is

You will wish you could pluck out your eyes!

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    That awkward clap followed by the staged selfie was too much to handle. I don't care about selfies. I don't care about dance parties. I care about new, interesting content that makes sense. A Nightlife EP that takes place in an old, European town? What? I would like an explanation, not a selfie.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    weird. my computer locks up when i "like" comments giving heartfelt criticism to the current state of the sims franchise. also, like the population of sims in ts4, half of my comments have been culled from yesterday's forums. weird. am i on some kind of watch list, ea? why you no like me no more? you don't even come by to see our love child anymore...

de9ad4f433b8ea6726c7529d6d5945b7.jpg

Sorry, totally off topic here -

Ok, was just about to shut down the computer and try to sleep until I saw that image..what is that thing?! It looks like the baby of a Predator and a monkey. Keeping me up a bit longer tonight!

Back on topic, that presentation was a bit much to watch. I never liked the "You Rule" campaign and as for the dance party, I just sat in stunned silence. I remember the Sims 3 University tease with the guys coming out on stage but that actually was fun and amusing. This, not so much...

that's my babby. so adorbs. what do you mean monkey? ruuuude!
  • Options
    Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    That awkward clap followed by the staged selfie was too much to handle. I don't care about selfies. I don't care about dance parties. I care about new, interesting content that makes sense. A Nightlife EP that takes place in an old, European town? What? I would like an explanation, not a selfie.

I am still convinced her 'My Rule' dance party moment was simply a easy escape route. If you watch her (if you can stand to watch it again that is) its selfie - dance spin - then a guy walks up, hooks a arm around her waste, and pulls her off backstage. They KNEW this presentation wasn't going to go over well. They were making sure they could distract the angry rioters long enough to get Rachel out the side door.
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Here is what annoys me about the TS4 presentation and makes it even more embarrassing for Rachel. Plants Vs. Zombies followed TS4. PVS is the silliest game ever created. It's actually so far beyond silly that it can't even see silly anymore. And yet they had a real presentation. A real one where they took their game seriously. They sold their game. I gave up on PVZ because I didn't like the multiplayer environment. What's the first thing they did? They told me they listened and the new version has a few different options for solo play. I'm going to buy PVZ next spring because I watched that presentation.

What did The Sims bring? Nothing. They have an expansion pack with no interesting features. They had a trailer that showed nothing. They had to fill time so instead of selling the game, they danced around like they were selling some Dance Dance Revolution type game. Someone else posted it earlier but I'll reiterate. Why does Rachel Franklin still have a job? Why didn't her bosses look at that mess she called a presentation and fire her on the spot?
    Yeah it did seem like a DDR type of presentation and dancing. It just didn't feel like the Sims at all. I agree there wasn't much said during the presentation that hasn't been said before.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    This is what the Gamescom presentation really looks like:

9fd6894cbd7616e267a875937141309c.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Remember Romper Room? The Tv show for 3 and 4 year olds- it was just like that presentation and everyday the show

ended with the teacher's aide dancing the kids off stage in a like manner. Ironically my toddlers loved it - not so

much the 5 year old, but my 18 month old and 3 year old thought it was the best. All I could think is my kids like

adult who act like idiots. I worried.

What is most disturbing fact of that whole 5 minutes - was I learned Rachel's specialty is PR - with a secondary in

mobile gaming. That is what she does best? I ask myself. No wonder the Sims 4 is like it is.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    C'mon Teletubbies!

[img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view3/1461955/teletubbies-dance-o.gif[/img]
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    This is what the Gamescom presentation really looks like:

9fd6894cbd7616e267a875937141309c.jpg

that looked better

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Remember Romper Room? The Tv show for 3 and 4 year olds- it was just like that presentation and everyday the show

ended with the teacher's aide dancing the kids off stage in a like manner. Ironically my toddlers loved it - not so

much the 5 year old, but my 18 month old and 3 year old thought it was the best. All I could think is my kids like

adult who act like idiots. I worried.

What is most disturbing fact of that whole 5 minutes - was I learned Rachel's specialty is PR - with a secondary in

mobile gaming. That is what she does best? I ask myself. No wonder the Sims 4 is like it is.

hmm thats her speciality..... ok..... thats just embaresing on a whole new level....
    as you say this dance (feels wrong to call it that) jsut looks like a kiddy show (bad one) for 2-4 year olds...

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I swear, everytime I see that selfie party, my soul aches from the embarrassment :s
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    The only thing that bothered me about the presentation was seeing the YOU RULE video & hearing it thrown around over and over.

I can't build a park without the game telling me it's incomplete due to a missing sink. But thanks for trying to make me believe.

The rest of it... meh, tolerable. And I enjoyed the song :)
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    AlchemyAlchemy Posts: 159 Member
    I've never seen anything so appalling or cringe worthy at any E3 or Gamescom presentation. It was a complete embarrassment