Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fate of Sims 4: The unamused audience and cringe worthy presentation.

Youtube search: "EA's Sims 4 gamescom press conference cringe"

Being a long time sims player, it devastates me to no end that the sims franchise has been degraded to this point.... It is almost unthinkable that just 10 years ago the sims franchise was at its peak with a team that put out gameplay rich expansions. In a matter of a decade the franchise dwindled into a linear tablet game that focuses on having "parties" and wearing "animal hats". Just thinking about this ordeal makes my heart ache.

Comments

• Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Eek! That was.....eek!!
  • Options
    LaybackSpinLaybackSpin Posts: 40 Member
    > @kingkong192 said:
    > LaybackSpin wrote: »
    >
    > The guy presenting after her tried to make her feel better. "That was awesome" in the most sarcastic tone one could imagine.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I know I actually had to rewatch that part because at first I thought he said that was awkward

OMG LMAO!!!
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I just had my 35th class reunion and we got down better than that with a hall full of 50-something years old. Please don't tell me this is how young people party, I'm glad to grow up in the era I did. Fun!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    I'm too scared to watch the video.
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Options
    LeenaLeena Posts: 77 Member
    The part when she said "and you know what? I wanna have my "you rule" moment right now"...for a split second I thought she was going to announce toddlers and allow herself to cheered and carried off into the convention by rapturous simmers.
    Sometimes I pretend to myself that happened to scrub out the awful, painful reality. I couldn't sleep last night for all the cringing.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope there is a dubstep video made of it. But thanks to that video, I ended up laughing a lot. I just wish they could rule the dance floor, but they failed so bad, it was funny.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    That presentation was nothing but embarrassment. I feel sorry for her.
    How can someone go on stage to say just few pointless words then clap for a horrendous dancing to start?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Disappointing.... such an understatement.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    The Sims was at it's peak from it's original launch in 2000 right up until they announced The Sims 4.

Since the launch of TS4, it has been going down hill rapidly. Yesterday's actions on stage was the final straw

Why all blame S4 for this "going down" but no EA. S3 was not big deal too and have even now problems.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I think its peek is from The Sims to The Sims 2 Bon Voyage.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Leena wrote: »
    The part when she said "and you know what? I wanna have my "you rule" moment right now"...for a split second I thought she was going to announce toddlers and allow herself to cheered and carried off into the convention by rapturous simmers.
    Sometimes I pretend to myself that happened to scrub out the awful, painful reality. I couldn't sleep last night for all the cringing.

I had the exact same thing as she said it.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    LaybackSpinLaybackSpin Posts: 40 Member
    > @xBob18 said:
    > I think its peek is from The Sims to The Sims 2 Bon Voyage.

Agreed. Although I did love Apartment Life!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Wow people complain allot about partying when only one pack focused on party aspects. I don't feel like the game franchise has gone downhill I think and know that allot of peoples' expectations for the franchise to add more and more content at quicker paces has gone uphill.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    They could have amused people with a single sentence added to what they said.
    "The new Europe theme world consists of 100+ lots."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.