Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @clindstrom520, what wonderful news!

@poeticnebula and @MDianaSanders, Definitely agree on the pants. No droopy drawers for my sims!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    I would like to know more about the themed nights... what means Ladies night ?

In North America, it's a night at a disco or bar when women get in with no or less cover charge.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

In North America, it's a night at a disco or bar when women get in with no or less cover charge.

Same in the UK. And because women get in free, loads show up, which leads to loads of men showing up too.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Same in the UK. And because women get in free, loads show up, which leads to loads of men showing up too.
    Huh that's odd, ladies night means here that people who identify as men aren't allowed, which is nice because for some reason it's always safer and a lot of girls aren't scared to leave their drinks out.

Didn't know that in other countries some people are still allowed to come it :o
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member

Indeed. In Germany Ladies Night implies some nice bonuses for women. Free admission or cheaper/free drinks for example. Experience shows Ladies Night parties are much better than normal ones.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited November 2015
    HalloMolli wrote: »

Indeed. In Germany Ladies Night implies some nice bonuses for women. Free admission or cheaper/free drinks for example. Experience shows Ladies Night parties are much better than normal ones.

Ooh, will be nice if the drinks are cheaper. 10 simoleons is a lot of money for a drink if you are starting out at around 9 simoleons an hour (I believe this is what criminals start at).

I also wonder what other themes there will be. Open mic nights, maybe, with comedians/musicians.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Get Together Events.

Simsvip will be keeping track of all the articles/videos that will be published, you can find it all here. Keep in mind, we'll see the news after the 23rd of November!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Did anyone see this?

https://youtu.be/TeSECOc-UJU
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Too cute. I love their simselves.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member

Huh that's odd, ladies night means here that people who identify as men aren't allowed, which is nice because for some reason it's always safer and a lot of girls aren't scared to leave their drinks out.

Here, I think the whole point of Ladies Night is for more women to show up so men might want to show up thinking they'll stand a chance of getting one :/ I'll be curious to see which of our various places' versions of Ladies Night ends up in-game! I'd assume the North American one, partly because it would need a no-men-allowed mechanic otherwise.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member

Here, I think the whole point of Ladies Night is for more women to show up so men might want to show up thinking they'll stand a chance of getting one :/ I'll be curious to see which of our various places' versions of Ladies Night ends up in-game! I'd assume the North American one, partly because it would need a no-men-allowed mechanic otherwise.

I think that mechanic is available for clubs anyway, so it wouldn't really be that far off to use it for a themed night at the pub, would it? Especially since I can imagine themed nights to be social events of the Welcome Wagon kind. But maybe I'm just imagining things.
    I'd prefer a ladies-only Ladies night though :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

I'm curious if this will fall under that amazingly customization function. Perhaps we can set up a Lady's Night where no men are allowed? It would be very interesting if theme nights were so adjustable!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    qx856s.png
    Guess my DJ Candy won't just be after Spin Masters-membership then ;)

guy in da middle <3
    He is my favourite too! Thanks for the eye candy @MDianaSanders ;) I even like his pants, wish they have them for girls as well.
  • Options
    Random thoughts about possible map changes in the update or at least things I'd like to see. I'd love it if they would add the herbalism collectables to the other worlds! I don't hate going on vacation from time to time, but I'd still like them spread around. I'd also like them to fix some of the open space areas by maybe adding trash cans and such. What do you all think? Think we will get any of this or other things?

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2015
    Random thoughts about possible map changes in the update or at least things I'd like to see. I'd love it if they would add the herbalism collectables to the other worlds! I don't hate going on vacation from time to time, but I'd still like them spread around. I'd also like them to fix some of the open space areas by maybe adding trash cans and such. What do you all think? Think we will get any of this or other things?

Oh goodness yes! It also "bugs" me when I see dragonflies flying past in Willow Creek that I can't harvest as well. I like Outdoor Retreat a lot, but the fact that I can't permanently live there means I don't visit it as much as I otherwise would. I had the same lazy habit with World Adventures and those vacation homes. It's kind of funny, because it's the same loading screen time to go to OR or the gym, but for some silly reason I'll pick the gym every time. (I never claimed to be rational). ;)

I think they do it this way so there aren't any issues for people who choose to not purchase OR, though. At least we can grow them on our home lots, and there are a lot of gallery gardens that feature the OR plants if you're not feeling a trek into Granite Falls for that generation of family. Speaking of that, I should look to see if there are any insect rooms on the gallery. That would save me a lot of trouble. It's cool to gather them the hard way the first few times, and then I start thinking things like "I wish I could breed these guys in my basement so I always have a constant supply without hunting." lol

My heiress is definitely going to have a little herbalist hedge witch shop in GT. I've been messing around with retail a bit and it is kind of a neat way to meet the entire neighborhood of sims. I like that. I've run into sims that I don't recognize in this fresh save, and it has been kind of cool. (It helps some of them are pretty darn cute, too ;) )
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options

Oh goodness yes! It also "bugs" me when I see dragonflies flying past in Willow Creek that I can't harvest as well. I like Outdoor Retreat a lot, but the fact that I can't permanently live there means I don't visit it as much as I otherwise would. I had the same lazy habit with World Adventures and those vacation homes. It's kind of funny, because it's the same loading screen time to go to OR or the gym, but for some silly reason I'll pick the gym every time. (I never claimed to be rational). ;)

I think they do it this way so there aren't any issues for people who choose to not purchase OR, though. At least we can grow them on our home lots, and there are a lot of gallery gardens that feature the OR plants if you're not feeling a trek into Granite Falls for that generation of family. Speaking of that, I should look to see if there are any insect rooms on the gallery. That would save me a lot of trouble. It's cool to gather them the hard way the first few times, and then I start thinking things like "I wish I could breed these guys in my basement so I always have a constant supply without hunting." lol

My heiress is definitely going to have a little herbalist hedge witch shop in GT. I've been messing around with retail a bit and it is kind of a neat way to meet the entire neighborhood of sims. I like that. I've run into sims that I don't recognize in this fresh save, and it has been kind of cool. (It helps some of them are pretty darn cute, too ;) )

I know! Why can't we breed the cockroaches? LOL It does make me crazy to see all the bees and fireflies that I can't catch. It's pure torture!

As for growing the plants, I had an issue back when OR first came out (they may have fixed it) where once you grew the plant you couldn't do the herbalist aspiration because you already knew all the plants and there weren't any to identify. I am just now going for that aspiration again so I may give it another try and see if it's fixed.

I love the apothecary idea! Oh, if you get one in the gallery please let me know! The old wood floors from Spooky Stuff would really add some character, hint hint.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options

I know! Why can't we breed the cockroaches? LOL It does make me crazy to see all the bees and fireflies that I can't catch. It's pure torture!

As for growing the plants, I had an issue back when OR first came out (they may have fixed it) where once you grew the plant you couldn't do the herbalist aspiration because you already knew all the plants and there weren't any to identify. I am just now going for that aspiration again so I may give it another try and see if it's fixed.

I love the apothecary idea! Oh, if you get one in the gallery please let me know! The old wood floors from Spooky Stuff would really add some character, hint hint.

Oh yikes, I never tried to do the aspiration again after securing it once (on the same save game file), so I didn't run into that. If they haven't fixed it (I don't know if they have or haven't >.<), you can always use the apsirations.complete_current_milestone cheat to do so. I know that's not the point, as the issue shouldn't be there to begin with, but it's always nice to have options and workarounds. A few free aspiration points never hurt anyone. ;)

Those wooden floors from Spooky Stuff would definitely be perfect! Love that white brick wallpaper with the paint peeling off as well. I'm excited to see if GT adds more options like those. I really like that gritty "less than pristine" sort of look. It makes the game feel more realistic to me and immersive. I'm excited for what is to come!
  • Options
    clindstrom520clindstrom520 Posts: 81 Member
    Thank you everyone!!! I would quote you all but I think it might get confusing!!!

Had my first ultrasound today and actually measuring a little farther along than we thought at 5 weeks, 1 day (originally thought only 4 weeks, 5 days). Got to see the gestational sac and yolk sac which look perfect! I got back in two weeks for another ultrasound and then a week after I see my doctor. So far so good!!!!
    ~Chihuahua Momma~
    Sims fan since day one with TS1!!!
  • Options
    Clone the insects :p
  • Options
    @Ceres_Meiriona Yes, I could use the cheat, but LOL. It's not the aspiration I'm really worried about anyway. I'd just like to have the plants and bugs collectible from EVERYWHERE! I'm so hard to please ;) .

I would love to plant some poison ivy right next to my woohoo bush(s)! I'm only a little evil I swear!

LOL @EmmaVane , my scientist has done that.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @poeticnebula No worries! I wanted to make sure you knew you could still complete the aspiration. (I figured you did, but just in case I didn't want you to miss out on those points!) <3

Poison ivy next to the woohoo bushes sounds like a delightfully wicked thing to do. I like the way you think! >:)
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    As soon as I get the game, I'm going to put down every Gameplay Object I find in Build & Buy Mode xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

Holy crackers in a cracker box...this is just awesome...I mean again I have NO words. I have a 64 bit system, running Windows 7, and 16 GB of RAM. I used to have 20 but decided it was freaking pointless since it was never being used. This is just the most awesome news ever. I am beyond excited.

I didn't think EA/Maxis could surprise me at this point but I am shocked and amazed at this change. Honestly. Plus all the cool stuff we are getting. WOW, WTG Team. :)
  • Options
    Guys.. they're seriously spoiling us.. I copied this from the General board (that I made because I haven't seen it yet). I'm just.. so excited and suprised because it feels like they're giving us this huge Christmas gift you know, this update is huge and it will contain so many changes.

Sims 4: Automatic Disabling of Mods

With the new patch coming for December, we are not only getting new maps/64Bit we're also getting a new feature, which automatically shuts of your mods when updating your game, which makes sure your mods are safe and so are your files. This doesn't mean some mods can get out of date, but this is fantastic for players who always shut off automatic updating (like I) because of my mods. So this is fantastic news!

You can read all about it here!

Again, just great news!! Plus, my husband just got a new job paying so much more money it boggles my mind. I might not have to even work and now all this...::faints dead away:: <3
  • Options
    I had two misses between my kids. I know how draining and terrifying it can be. My thoughts will be with you and I'm so happy for you and the daddy!

Thank you so much! My mom had one before me and my husband's mom had two before him. I never realized how common it was until I had my first one.

Congrats on the news of your first child. Very exciting. I had 2 miscarriages as well and have 2 children both fine. I think it is very common. I wish you and your husband all the luck with this one. I am sure it will be fine. :)