Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Excited for Get together!

Comments

• Options
    TMBrandonTMBrandon Posts: 229 Member
    So... A participant of creator's camp may have leaked something new...

"Secret Knocks"... :o
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    There is a cool lot a Simmer made that I think will work well with the upcoming EP: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=567548
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    UnrealnyUnrealny Posts: 194 Member
    TMBrandon wrote: »
    So... A participant of creator's camp may have leaked something new...

"Secret Knocks"... :o

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ej4-ahNm5wM

1:09 I guess these are secret knocks ? ;d
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    AAH, i'm so excited for Monday!! Can't wait for the articles and small gameplay videos, ugh!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,081 Member
    Can't wait for Monday! I'm not one to wish away time but I wish Monday would hurry and get here!!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    OK, I'm so happy about the 64 bit upgrade! I play generational play and I've lost count on what generation I'm on. That means I have a HUGE house with all the fun goodies (including most of the career rewards) and I'm often playing 8 sims at a time. Most of the time the game runs fine with this even on 32 bit, but knowing the game will be more supportive is wonderful!

So many goodies coming next month! I can't wait!!!!! *throws self on the ground kicking and screaming like a 2 year old* I WANT IT NOW!!!

You know, introducing 64-bit in this way (love that Macs were already 64-bit <3 ) is going to encourage people with older computers to go ahead and start upgrading now in order to get the benefits. That way, in a few years when Sims 5 rolls out it can be 64-bit right out of the box.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    There is a cool lot a Simmer made that I think will work well with the upcoming EP: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=567548

That is really cute! I love the way they did it. Bookmarked it until GT arrives. :)
  • Options
    Guys.. they're seriously spoiling us.. I copied this from the General board (that I made because I haven't seen it yet). I'm just.. so excited and suprised because it feels like they're giving us this huge Christmas gift you know, this update is huge and it will contain so many changes.

Sims 4: Automatic Disabling of Mods

With the new patch coming for December, we are not only getting new maps/64Bit we're also getting a new feature, which automatically shuts of your mods when updating your game, which makes sure your mods are safe and so are your files. This doesn't mean some mods can get out of date, but this is fantastic for players who always shut off automatic updating (like I) because of my mods. So this is fantastic news!

You can read all about it here!

If the mod disabling is a check box (like enable script mode) it's also going to help with figuring out if mods are causing glitches or if it's the game itself -- simply disable your mods in game, start a vanilla game and see if you still have the particular issue. (I'm still trying to figure out what mods I can do without but it's really hard.)
  • Options
    @clindstrom520, i'm absoluty trilled for you, congratulations! <3

I gave up with playing Sims 4, i've tried new saves but I accepted i'm going to play again when I have Get Together because it's impossible for me to keep my interest knowing I can have dance battles and a dancing room, i've never been so excited over a pack it's insane. I love the actual new gameplay we're getting, not just things from older games.

I've been playing my Get Together save with my new worlds I set up to test out some of the lots (just discovered I placed the spa facing the wrong way, so I need to flip that lot) and to build up one of my starter Sim's painting skills and portfolio; he's going to have an art gallery in Willow Creek as well as an artist's group that meets upstairs to paint. I'm really interested in the "upgrades" to nightclubs and bars to make them discos and pubs; I've done a little bit of work (I added the big wall TVs to my nightclub and found a space that will hopefully hold a DJ booth).
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    @clindstrom520, i'm absoluty trilled for you, congratulations! <3

I gave up with playing Sims 4, i've tried new saves but I accepted i'm going to play again when I have Get Together because it's impossible for me to keep my interest knowing I can have dance battles and a dancing room, i've never been so excited over a pack it's insane. I love the actual new gameplay we're getting, not just things from older games.

I've been playing my Get Together save with my new worlds I set up to test out some of the lots (just discovered I placed the spa facing the wrong way, so I need to flip that lot) and to build up one of my starter Sim's painting skills and portfolio; he's going to have an art gallery in Willow Creek as well as an artist's group that meets upstairs to paint. I'm really interested in the "upgrades" to nightclubs and bars to make them discos and pubs; I've done a little bit of work (I added the big wall TVs to my nightclub and found a space that will hopefully hold a DJ booth).
    Ah that sounds fantastic! Loving your ideas! I'm trying to play it (again, pff haha) and I made a sim and i'm going to play her until Get Together comes out, she's really cool, normally I make cute sims but I wanted her to be a little more bad-🐸🐸🐸🐸 hehe, so i'm going to skill up her charisma for her blog and she'll be going out to nightclubs and make her money with being a dj and hosting parties. It's so hard, because I want to take a break but it's hard to stay away from this game :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    Once again, nothing for families to do. Children ignored.
    From the beginning Sims 4 has been geared toward a much younger audience who aren't interested in family play.

Time to uninstall & forget it ever existed.

Well I am family simmer so I would love to see more family play! However, I do think that is very possible we got a family pack in the future. After all, generations did very well for the Sims 3. The sims 3 came out in 2009 and Generations didn't come out until 2011. We still have a lot of time for game packs, and EPs as well. I hope that you find something to love about the Sims again! Always hate to lose part of the community
  • Options
    LordredzzzLordredzzz Posts: 125 Member

Yeah, Get Together will be Awesome!
    xyIcMqt.png

EA Account: Lordredzzz
  • Options
    These guys are saying a lot of good things about it! I cannot wait to hear more!
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I'm wondering (if you've seen enough of my posts you know that's noting new), did those lucky simmers who got to play GT and will be releasing information soon get to play with the new patch loaded? So what I'm really wondering is if we'll be getting information not only about GT but what those who aren't planning on buying it or who can't get it right away will be able to play with once we get said patch? I'm especially curious about the map updates and 64 bit performance (though I'm not really expecting 64 to be huge I just like to know things lol).
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They went to review GT, so I imagine that's what it will be about, not things in patches.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They went to review GT, so I imagine that's what it will be about, not things in patches.

I figure as much, but I can hope for more. I always want more! LOL

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    If xUrbanSimsx and LifeSimmer say it's good then I have to get it! xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > If xUrbanSimsx and LifeSimmer say it's good then I have to get it! xD

They love literary everything EA throws at them so not much to go after there...
  • Options

They love literary everything EA throws at them so not much to go after there...

Well then they are like me! I have loved everything this team has put out for this game so far. :)

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

One of the people on here got to see the new map..Crinct I think their name is. So the patch was probably already installed when they played it.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited November 2015
    > @Prink34320 said:
    > If xUrbanSimsx and LifeSimmer say it's good then I have to get it! xD

They say when they don't like something about a Pack, so no, they don't love literally everything EA throw at them, that's just an exaggeration some people use to try to make some Youtubers out as people who just like everything and even so, does it matter if they do? I like them and respect their opinions because I love the game myself and regardless of their opinion on a game since they create entertaining content.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options

One of the people on here got to see the new map..Crinct I think their name is. So the patch was probably already installed when they played it.

Oh! Crin is awesome and I hope she posts loads of stuff!

I will keep my fingers crossed then that we may get just a little information, but I won't hold my breath cause that makes me dizzy.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

Oh! Crin is awesome and I hope she posts loads of stuff!

I will keep my fingers crossed then that we may get just a little information, but I won't hold my breath cause that makes me dizzy.

yes I trust crin opinion and she is very straight forward, so I am looking forward to her review.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited November 2015
    I've heard she's got lots written, but I'm wondering how much of it isn't about the diving ... wub.gif

(edit to make sure people know I <3 Crin and that's all affectionate)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I've heard she's got lots written, but I'm wondering how much of it isn't about the diving ... wub.gif

(edit to make sure people know I <3 Crin and that's all affectionate)

Oh, I snickered when I read that! Awesome!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam