Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morri's Creations (New: Tabira's Folly - Off The Grid)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Steam Express is such a very creatively designed build! :) The exterior design and layout of the build in a shape of a train looks so very great! Very nice rooftop outdoors dining area! The patio warming lamp is a nice touch there. Both the indoors and oudoors dining areas are very nice for Sims to enjoy eating their meals. The flowers and plants are nice touches in the outdoors areas. The red and green colour scheme of the exterior and interior walls looks very nice. The glass tiling roofing over the host station area looks very nice!
    It is a very creatively nice train themed restaurant! :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Super creativity with the Steam Express, fantastic concept and I love the amazing amount of detail :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    @RyeCris16 Thank you for the fav! If you ever try it out ingame, tell me how you liked running it or visiting. It was fun to create.

@Ash072 Thanks! Steam Ounk and Industrial are what I like to build most, in unusual combinations. The Sim I'm mainly playing is used to moving a lot. At the moment he's renovating an old obersvatory and it is very open space/modern inside. But Ships...ships and airships are something extra challenging.

@rosemow I love your reviews. I whish we had more options for glassceilings, not just the one dance floor. Which never gets used for a dancefloor in my builds.

@masajo Wow, that's a huge compliment, comming from you, thank you.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    How cool is that! Well done! Another unique build from you! Will be looking it up in the gallery. <3
  • Options
    @yanti68 Thank you! The pics in the gallery though... they are horrible.
    .-#-.

Welcome to the seafood restaurant 'Atlantica', the dining experience with the best view in town. #playtested up to four stars, everything should work fine. #nocc, #moo used. You can find the staff, the Tides, in my Gallery, if you want to use full costume staff. The house is build around the tree, not really a treehouse but close.

e6r3iw.jpg
    2yzikk5.jpg

Here are the Tides:
    Five siblings hwo are rumored to be Poseidons' kids - or really into full body painting.
    I love a male who can rock a wrap-around skirt, so it is part of my uniform code for this restaurant.

Attention: for those who care: Aries, the long haired young man, he isn't following traditional gender perceptions.
    wsjw2g.jpg

Some pics of everyone at work:
    219pawh.jpg
    fmpgyc.jpg
    15ofehi.jpg

The rooftop deck with a bar and a private section for big groups that seats up to eight. I haven't seen it used while running the restaurant (all other tables were) but since there was never a party bigger than three it wasn't needed.

64qef5.jpg
    2ecnj0g.jpg

For those who want to try it out, I hope you'll enjoy it!
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Atlantica is beautiful and so very creative! Love that you elevated it so Sims can enjoy that spectacular view! Live that you have blue staff! So cool and your interior is really pretty. I lovevthe color scheme as well as the rooftop deck. GREAT job!!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    The layout and exterior design of Atlantica looks very nice! :) It is a very nice seafood restaurant! It looks very nice the way that it is built over the water and around the tree! The greenery over the top of the bullding and the hedging on the edges of the rooftop patio looks very nice! The Tides siblings are a very nice sims household! Their blue skintone looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the building! The bottles and utensils shelves are nice touches on the kitchen wall. The boat wall decor in the hosting area looks great! Very nice booth seating area. The candles are a nice touch on the table tops, and the lotus flowers floor rug adds to the nice look of the dining area. Sims will enjoy listening to piano music whilst dining. Very nice roof top bar and dance floor level! Sims will have fun dancing to the juke box music or enjoy sitting on the bar stools having a drink from the bar. The aquariums are a nice touch in the build.
    Sims will enjoy dining at this very nice restaurant ! :)
  • Options
    WOW! Atlantica is a great restaurant! I love the architecture! Great MOO work and decor! Will be adding to my favourites. <3
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Nhicks Thank you, that means much, coming from you. I love bright colors and blue, it was no hardship choosing those colors. In RL I would hate to be a waiter, all that body paint would drive me insane! I don’t know how much longer I’ll have that lot in my active game though, the view is so beautiful that I’m always thinking about what to build next on that lot.

@rosemow You are always so kind and thoughtful in your reviews, thank you.

@yanti68 I’m happy that you like it, thank you for the compliment. Sometimes the MOO gets the better of me, hehe. I hope everything worked fine in your game.

Observatory

This is my main Sim’s holiday residency (after he moved to San Myshuno). My Sim loves plants, books and art and is a little bit claustrophobic so he adores open spaces and airy rooms. It was built for Windenburg harbor with the view and surroundings in mind.
    This lot isn’t ideal for a family: small kids and lots of stairs and places to fall down? No good combination and the lack of walls, while gorgeous, is detrimental to personal privacy.

I played this lot for a long time, so there shouldn’t be any issues beyond the fact that it is lived in. I exchanged a lot of the old appliances and machines for new ones before sharing but there is always the chance that I missed something.

5162qa.jpg

Let’s start from the bottom up: the underground level(s) are split level like nearly all of the rest of the house.
    vevl95.jpg

I wanted to create an airy and open feel to these rooms with a very modern vibe, lived in but not cluttered. Since my Sim doesn’t like walls too much I used curtains as dividers.
    dzawdv.jpg

Yes, there is a fully grown life tree in this house! Please ignore issues like roots and leaves. It cost me hours to position that tree just right so it wouldn’t obstruct anything or stick into other things, like stairs and walls. There is one tiny spot where 3 leaves stick through a glass railing but I put something in front so it doesn’t show, shhhh…don’t tell the folks at quality control.

This is the library level: reading, music, a small balcony and chess.
    20744fa.jpg

The tree is perfect for providing privacy though! It shields the two bedrooms. The bathrooms are better enclosed.
    4fzqrm.jpg

The rooftop:
    2pzfj21.jpg

If you want to try out this build, search for Observatory in my Gallery.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    The Old Observatory is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of the home and the layout of the interior of the home is so very nice! The design of each of the levels looks great! It is very nice that there is a tree in the middle of the home. It is a special feature of the build! It is nice that there are split levels through the build. The curved roofing looks very nice! Very nice rooftop patio level! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the table there, enjoying looking out at the views whilst dining. The rooftop garden is very nice for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes. The furnishing of each of the areas of the home looks very nice. The white and green colour schrme looks nice. Very nice kitchen , music and study areas! The circular floor rugs add to the nice look of the areas. It looks very nice how the white kitchen cabinefs and counters are placed in the kitchen area and the green artichokes wall pictures look great placed togetherv above the kitchen cabinets. The kitchen wall texture looks great. Nice bar stool counter for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. The green flowers are a pretty touch nearby for sims to see when cooking and dining there. Sims will enjoy playing the piano in their home. Very nice study area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the armchair reading a book from the bookcase or enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The bookcases look great placed either sides of the desk table.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    The Old Observatory is so creatively gorgeous! :smiley:
    I really love the architecture, it really reflects from some observatory buildings so well! I love the old rustic design and great roofing work as well! Your landscaping is so wonderful! I love the steamy water feature out front. Beautiful gardens as well, love the pathings. And your interior, so gorgeous! I particularly love the meditation area, the tree gives a zen touch. Each of the rooms are so wonderfully done too!
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves if I haven't already did. :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    @Rosemow Thank you for your detailed review. I have to say, the wall in the kitchen wasn't my idea, it doesn't work any other way and since we can't easily put decoration on the foundation walls I prefered the stone strucutre to something more bland.

@RyeCris16 Wow, you make me blush. Thank you. The roof was what took most of the time, apart from the tree. It didn't want to look the way I wanted it but in the end I've won^^ Observatory is one of my personal favs, I played it fr quite some time, which explains the rambling nature. It isn't optimized for the public, you know? I think this will be one of the homes I revisit often, and certainly when/if season comes out. Imagine using the meditation area and watching the snow fall outside, or rain.
  • Options
    Old Observatory is a fantastic design, very creative and the interiors are absolutely stunning, beautiful work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Great job with the observatory! Very creative build! <3
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @yanti68 , @masajo thank you so much for your feedback!

The new Vampire Pack has forced my poor Scientist Talisien to move from the City to the country again- I had a lot of fun playing with all the new stuff and this is what I built:

14nn2b8.jpg

Only one pic to give you a general feel for the house. It's not the most sophisticated build but I like it. The 'normal' rooms are colorful and homey, since this is a house I'm going to actively play I didn't want the heavy victorian style. Of course there's an underground lair. It will change a lot in the next weeks, who knows, there might be a Tower 2.0 in my future.

2 Bedrooms (one can be converted to a kid's room), 2 bathrooms, basement/fitness room, underground lair, kitchen, living room, study (with place for collectibles), new plants;

..." Really, there's no reason to worry about supernatural stuff. The lair in the basement has been abandoned a long time ago... (Hippie Version of my plot) #playtested, #vampire, #noCC, #MOO used (place lot in build mode), #mixedstyle, #furnished, #decorated; not overly cluttered; #collectibles, #plants; "
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Love it!!! Skyfall Tower is so creative and original!
  • Options
    The exterior design of Skyfall Tower looks so very nice! :) Very nice roofing on the towers! The greenery is a nice touch on the exterior walls. Nice upper patio firepit area. The hedging and plants look nice on the edges of the front and side areas of the home. The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build.
    The tower home is great! :)
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    @MorriSan : Loving Skyfall Tower! It's a beautiful house, with lots of great touches of creativity that make it stand out from the many more typical Victorian/Gothic houses I've seen on the Gallery. And I immediately got the science vibe the minute I saw the picture. Awesome job!
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Absolutely love the way that Skyfall Tower came out! All your builds are so creative and original!
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    Stopped by quick to check in, love that observatory! I haven't seen one in The Sims 4. Love the views too :smile:
  • Options
    Skyfall Tower is a fantastic structure, really love the design, very creative work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Lovely name for a lovely build! I like the architecture and the decor! Will be looking it up in the gallery. <3
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I forgot to add my competition built to my showcase:

Well, I’ve got a ‘Creative Wonder’ Judges Award! I’m very happy.

2lu985w.jpg

QC Monthly challenge no: 17
    Origin ID: MorrighanSan
    Are you a novice: No
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced Level: Experienced
    Name of Lot used: Myshuno Meadows
    Build gallery name: Lily Blossom Park
    Gallery Link: Here

A long time before everything was finished, the Mayor stood hyperventilating at the edge of the lot. “You….you dug a plum big hole?!?” Talisien smiled brightly: “Why, yes, isn’t it wonderful? We found a thermal spring! It will be a huge attraction and might power all the electrical things on the lot.”

Notes: 1)The platform of the star-observatory is deliberately not fully equipped with lights so the shine doesn’t reflect in the lens of the observatory.
    2)Some of the wallcrawlers aren’t ‘cleanly’ placed, they stick into the foundation due to me wanting them to appear half height or they stick into solid rock, not into rooms or sim occupied space.

Images (3-5 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    Street view:
    2n6ycls.jpg
    Layout:
    Sublevel 2: Family Area with bbq, games, fireplace and things for the kids to do
    Sublevel 1: 'natural thermal' swimming pool (no stones on the floor, jump in!), changing cabins, wishing well, café, free library (take a book, leave a book, don't damage books), memorial wall, restrooms;
    Ground floor: Dancing and live music, basketball court, chess, fishing, snuggling spot;
    1st floor: Wedding arch, observatory, restrooms;
    2nd floor: bar (for celebrating weddings and other festive occations), bubblemaker
    3rd floor: yoga and meditation

15dnntz.jpg

Additional pics:
    537fyo.jpg
    2uiejyv.jpg

My favorite pic:
    dnyo2u.jpg

Post edited by MorriSan on
  • Options
    @yanti68 , @masajo , @corwim, @rosemaw, @SpecterCody , @equuest and @misscbong thank you so much for your compliments and comments.
  • Options
    QC Monthly challenge no:18
    Origin ID: MorrighanSan
    Are you a novice: no
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced Level: Experienced
    Name of Lot used: 40x30 in Forgotten Hollow
    Build gallery name: Coeur de Sang
    Gallery Link: Coeur de Sang
    What is the evidence of sims disappearing?: more and younger bones than an old crypt should have? Room for traditional vampire food.
    Issues & Notes: This build won’t win me many stars on technical cleanliness and I apologize to the judges but it was such fun to build. I did my best to keep the underground good and clean but- ^^ It is technically a pile of stones and greenery. I wrecked that building, it is a ruin. I tried to keep the vines and foliage clean but sometimes sacrificed for looking right. The vines don’t always adhere to foundations which forced me to improvise- it can look funky. Deliberately not brightly lit outside the restaurant. Playtested up to 4 stars.

Images (3-5 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    Street view:
    20sj18h.jpg

Graveyard detail:
    2d7fqtc.jpg

Inside cathedral:
    mr38zc.jpg

Crypt detail:
    wcijxc.jpg

Some additional pic that isn't in my official entry form:

do2v06.jpg

I hope you’ll have fun testing this lot.