Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Awww Yen <3 She always makes me smile because of how nice and kind she is!

@iheartdinosx3 She is pretty awesome :)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Awesome updates. Yenn's visit at the tribe Arayeo didn't disappoint. It was beautiful and bittersweet. When she introduced herself as Yennefer from the Bloomer tribe, my heart skipped. Baato is so adorable. Seeing his sad face made my eyes all teary. Yenn was so brave to leave. I would have stayed if I was her.

New kids in Bloomer family, yay! They are so cute. Olivia defending that poor boy - how adorable! By the way I totally love the name Malakai. Probably thanks to a game I played some time ago (Moebius). The main character was called Malachai. I hope we see that boy again, even if it's only because I like his name and felt sorry for him. :smile:

@Maladi777 Yenn's visit of Tribe Arayeo was written by @Julyvee94 so you should probably comment on that one in her thread :) But I agree she did a fantastic job with it. I must have read it about ten times! :)

I also enjoyed that Yenn said she was of Tribe Bloomer haha. I'm pretty sure Yenn would have been seriously tempted to stay there - not forever, but for quite some time. But she cares about her adoptive family immensely. I think the way July wrote that chapter is very true to Yenn's character.

I love Olivia, she's pretty cool and I've been looking forward to finally introducing her. You'll definitely see Malakai again too :)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I'm with July.. that last line, "this is my tribe" totally got me. Those aren't tears, there's just a branch in my eye. Also, the little story bit with Malakai was very intriguing to me. Not only did it help me see Olivia's character (and I totally love her already), but it made me go, hmmmmm, about Malakai himself. I hope he sticks around for future episodes!
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    That was so sweet. This is my tribe *sniff*
    sabreene wrote: »
    I'm with July.. that last line, "this is my tribe" totally got me. Those aren't tears, there's just a branch in my eye. Also, the little story bit with Malakai was very intriguing to me. Not only did it help me see Olivia's character (and I totally love her already), but it made me go, hmmmmm, about Malakai himself. I hope he sticks around for future episodes!

@Julyvee94 & @sabreene aww, thanks guys! I had that line in my head for her for quite some time and this seemed like a good opportunity to use it :)

I'm really happy with Olivia. For starters, she's the first female heir, yay! (You'd think I'm doing a patriarchy judging by the chapter index!) And she's a blonde asian, I just love how her parents genetics mixed :) not to mention she seems to have a great personality so far :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I wasn't going to update today, but I figured I can do whatever I want, since it's my birthday :)

4.19 Favourites

i740bUB.jpg?1
  • Options
    Weeeee happy Birthday :) *parties* I have cake and blueberries here *hands them over*
  • Options
    Yesss cake! <3:D
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited October 2015
    Happy birthday!
    We should be giving gifts to you and yet you gave us a new chapter!

henry_goth1.jpg

Booker's marriage is a disaster. And poor Olivia. Like she didn't even exist for her parents.
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    Awwww Yenn is such a good Aunt and Ethan is such a good Uncle! I hope they might have kids! :s I kinda see a fault between both Booker and Keiko, like they both can't tell the other that their tired without the other one judging them. Olivia is such a cutie patootie! <3
  • Options
    Happy birthday!

henry_goth1.jpg

Booker's marriage is a disaster. And poor Olivia. Like she didn't even exist for her parents.

@Maladi777 Aww thank you, means a lot coming from the Goths, I've never been that kind to their family ever since The Sims 1 haha. Diky moc :)

Yeah, Booker's marriage is not toing too great. I didn't really enjoy playing the Bloomers around this time that much, since him and Keiko were always miserable. Hence why there will be a bit of a time jump in the next part :)
    Awwww Yenn is such a good Aunt and Ethan is such a good Uncle! I hope they might have kids! :s I kinda see a fault between both Booker and Keiko, like they both can't tell the other that their tired without the other one judging them. Olivia is such a cutie patootie! <3

@iheartdinosx3 Ok, just to manage your expectations, SPOILER: Yenn and Ethan will not have kids, technically. It just never seemed right for them.

As far as Booker and Keiko go, yeah, I think both are at fault. They're not doing great at the moment. *sigh*
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Happy birthday!

henry_goth1.jpg

@Maladi777 Aww thank you, means a lot coming from the Goths, I've never been that kind to their family ever since The Sims 1 haha. Diky moc :)

Yeah, Booker's marriage is not toing too great. I didn't really enjoy playing the Bloomers around this time that much, since him and Keiko were always miserable. Hence why there will be a bit of a time jump in the next part :)

@iheartdinosx3 Ok, just to manage your expectations, SPOILER: Yenn and Ethan will not have kids, technically. It just never seemed right for them.

As far as Booker and Keiko go, yeah, I think both are at fault. They're not doing great at the moment. *sigh*

Awwww! That's okay though, I just wanted to see what their genetics would look like :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Happy birthday!

henry_goth1.jpg

Awwww! That's okay though, I just wanted to see what their genetics would look like :)

@iheartdinosx3 Oh yeah, I was really curious so I went into CAS play with genetics. Needless to say any of their hypothetical kids would have been gorgeous.
  • Options
    I love playing with genetics, and seeing how things turn out, even if you don't ever use them. It's fun!

Keiko and Booker just can't seem to get on the same page. It actually reminds me of my sister's first marriage. They thought they were so crazy for one another, but after the passion faded they just started sniping at one another. It's like since they're unhappy, they each blame the other person and get resentful, even though in reality it's both their faults!

As much as I'd love to see kids for Ethan & Yenn, I'm actually really happy they're not going to have children (at least, not technically). It's nice to see that choice reflected in sims. They can be wonderful aunts & uncles! That scene in the pool was perfect, to me.

And, most importantly, Happy Birthday!!
  • Options
    I love playing with genetics, and seeing how things turn out, even if you don't ever use them. It's fun!

Keiko and Booker just can't seem to get on the same page. It actually reminds me of my sister's first marriage. They thought they were so crazy for one another, but after the passion faded they just started sniping at one another. It's like since they're unhappy, they each blame the other person and get resentful, even though in reality it's both their faults!

As much as I'd love to see kids for Ethan & Yenn, I'm actually really happy they're not going to have children (at least, not technically). It's nice to see that choice reflected in sims. They can be wonderful aunts & uncles! That scene in the pool was perfect, to me.

And, most importantly, Happy Birthday!!

@sabreene Thank you! I'm regretting all the juice I had yesterday now :D

Sorry to hear that about your sister's marriage! Yeah both Booker and Keiko have contributed to the problem, and now it's downward spiral. I'm fed up with both of them at the moment.

Completely agreed on Yenn and Ethan. Maybe it is a waste of good genetics, but I didn't feel like having children would suit their lifestyle, and I don't think they'll have whims for it, with them not officially being a couple.
  • Options
    That juice will get you every time! I'm happy you had an enjoyable birthday though!!

It all turned out the best for my sister -- her 2nd husband is an awesome guy, and they have two adorable kids. Not to really compare real life to the sims, but I'm hopeful it'll all turn out for the best with Booker & Keiko too!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Wrapping up generation 4 today as Booker completes his generational task. Fair warning, it's a bit of a bummer... I apologise in advance.

4.20 Time Flies

7fR5tME.jpg?1
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    Oh wow :/ but I think it was overdue really. And if olivia will really live with yenn we'll alot more of her and Ethan yay!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I wonder why either of them didn't have an affair. I bet they met many people in their line of work, especially Booker. I can picture him talking to many sportswomen, maybe mentioning his non-working marriage... I hope he'll find a decent woman eventually. It's just too sad to spend whole your life loveless.
    Olivia did good rubbing their noses in the truth about not being there for her all the time. They are both so selfish. *sigh*
    Ethan looks quite spiffy with those grey hair. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Oh wow :/ but I think it was overdue really. And if olivia will really live with yenn we'll alot more of her and Ethan yay!

@Julyvee94 Well, Yenn needs to stay at the heart of the legacy no matter what, I would miss her too much otherwise :) Also, I couldn't really decide who Olivia should live with, since she doesn't have a very high relationship with either of her parents (though not terribly low either), and I didn't massively want to continue playing either of them. I figured if I don't play them hopefully they're sort themselves out romantically on their own :)
    I wonder why either of them didn't have an affair. I bet they met many people in their line of work, especially Booker. I can picture him talking to many sportswomen, maybe mentioning his non-working marriage... I hope he'll find a decent woman eventually. It's just too sad to spend whole your life loveless.
    Olivia did good rubbing their noses in the truth about not being there for her all the time. They are both so selfish. *sigh*
    Ethan looks quite spiffy with those grey hair. :)

@Maladi777 Lol, Booker's a bodybuilder... Have you seen female bodybuilders? :D:D:D I think Booker likes his women a lot more feminine.

On a more serious note, I think affairs are a bit overused in fiction as a source of conflict in relationships. Affairs are more of a consequence then cause. And they seem too easy to reach for, while I think in real life things are a lot more complicated than just getting a lover on the side. A more simple explanation is that both of them were working pretty hard, so they wouldn't even have time for that. And neither of them had whims to cheat or anything like that. They were just unhappy.

Yes I love Ethan with gray hair. I think he makes it work rather well <3
  • Options
    This really hit home for me...brought back a lot of memories and it made me sad. But I've been in Olivias shoes and I completely support her decision. She is so beautiful though! <3
  • Options
    This really hit home for me...brought back a lot of memories and it made me sad. But I've been in Olivias shoes and I completely support her decision. She is so beautiful though! <3

@iheartdinosx3 Sorry to hear that! *hugs* It always surprises me when people mention something in the story reminded them of something in their life, since it is mainly just based on what happens in my game rather than my experiences (aside from maybe's Lilah's troubles with settling down).

Yeah I think Olivia is really cute, I just love her facial features and her smile :) She's quite a tough cookie, and really fun. I have hig hopes for her :)
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Man, this really makes me think of my current situation... I can tell my parents aren't happy with each other and they only got married to each other to have children. I can clearly see that they want to get a divorce, but they don't want to have move back and forth. I feel for you Olivia.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I have to agree about Ethan with the gray hair <3<3<3 I'm happy that Olivia will be moving in with them. While I adore Chell & Knox (I have to, with Chell being a brainiac and Knox doing his pajama dancing all the time!), I would absolutely miss Yenn & Ethan being front and center.

As for Booker and Keiko, I really liked how you handled it. They stuck together for a long time, but it seemed it was less them trying to work on it and more because they were so busy and they were stuck in place. With the move forcing them, to well, move, it also forced them to come to terms with the failure of their marriage. It would probably be better for both of them in the long run (and for Olivia too, because, yay, living with Yenn), and maybe they'll find someone more compatible.

Also -- my heart goes out to all of those to whom this has touched a personal chord with. I fall more towards Yenn's noncommittal trait, but I've seen how it can affect a family and so hugs to all of you!
  • Options
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Man, this really makes me think of my current situation... I can tell my parents aren't happy with each other and they only got married to each other to have children. I can clearly see that they want to get a divorce, but they don't want to have move back and forth. I feel for you Olivia.

@Ruby10990 Aww, that sounds plummy, tough situation to be in *big hugs*. I hope things will take a happier turn for you and your family!
    I have to agree about Ethan with the gray hair <3<3<3 I'm happy that Olivia will be moving in with them. While I adore Chell & Knox (I have to, with Chell being a brainiac and Knox doing his pajama dancing all the time!), I would absolutely miss Yenn & Ethan being front and center.

As for Booker and Keiko, I really liked how you handled it. They stuck together for a long time, but it seemed it was less them trying to work on it and more because they were so busy and they were stuck in place. With the move forcing them, to well, move, it also forced them to come to terms with the failure of their marriage. It would probably be better for both of them in the long run (and for Olivia too, because, yay, living with Yenn), and maybe they'll find someone more compatible.

Also -- my heart goes out to all of those to whom this has touched a personal chord with. I fall more towards Yenn's noncommittal trait, but I've seen how it can affect a family and so hugs to all of you!

@sabreene Yess he is such a silver fox! Yenn and Ethan would have always been at the center of it all, regardless. The original plan before Booker's marriage went down the drain was to only move out Chell's family once it's time to build the gym. I do love Chell and Knox though, and Olivia is good friends with their son, so it's not the least we've seen of that family :)

I'm kind of hoping booker and Keiko will figure themselves out, because I don't even know where I'd take either of them now. That plays a big role of why Olivia isn't going to live with either. Free reign for Booker and Keiko!
  • Options
    It's really funny to me how some sims just have better chemistry with others, even though I don't think there's the chemistry algorithms in this game like there were in some of the past games. In my main game, I tried to make some sims to match people up, and sometimes, even when it seemed like the traits would be compatible, the sims never clicked with one another. They wouldn't do autonomous sweet interactions, or would actually be mean to eachother autonomously!

I had one couple I thought would be good together, but though they were best friends, she rejected any flirtation. So I played her -- and then *he* rejected her flirtations! They were still best friends though. Just not meant to be!

So maybe Booker and Keiko will now find someone they can autonomously strike up a lovebird relationship with, or something. At least give you a direction in which way they'd like to go!