Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing & Modeling Tutorials ~

Comments

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @PeaceSign101 That doesn't sound like it would be too difficult. Are you talking about the same castle being divided? I think there might be split images in Google you can try searching for. I know some people like to create images like that, like a split angel and demon which is quite common for artists. If you can't find any you can try creating your own by taking two similar images and combining them, or you can take the same castle and apply filters down them both to represent the colors of good and evil. ^-^ Let me know what you think.
  • Options
    @BobSkellington Hahaha! Thank you! <3 let me know if anything needs to be changed. Or if you want to request something. ^-^

I did this for Free Spirit! We did fairytales this week. I'm surprised you weren't there! o-o
    Woot! Did a new edit! I've been doing a ton of drawing this week! xD
    Drew the makeup, hair, her outfit/legs, and her nails! *Dances*

Btw, if you don't know who this is, this is Ursula from the Little Mermaid. xD

Againstthetide115.jpg

Before:
    FreeSpiritBefore.png~original

After:
    19806463063_4ed58a21cd_o.png
  • Options
    BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    2nd Place
    Bobby with Misty
    19376832913_3285690717_b.jpg
    18358043043_ccf979876f_o.png
    Image Quality - 9/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance - 9/10
    Relevance – 4.5/5
    Requirements – 3.5/5
    Total - 40/50

Love this image Bob! The quality feels a bit off this week, but I think you took this when you went to Windows 10? Anyways, you have too much space on your model’s sides, and you’re colors aren’t really bright per say. I’m sure they would have popped more though if you had used a contrasting background. The top half of the dress feels odd to me, but I’m sure it’s just the design. Also, not a fan of this pose either. She looks a bit awkward, like she doesn’t know how to position herself. Great job though!

18791007910_7a904e815c_m.jpg
    Image Quality - 10/10
    Image Composition - 9/10
    Creativity - 9/10
    Model Appearance - 10/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total - 47/50
    The quality on this is so superb <3 I loveee your model so much she is beautiful. You're outfit is great and fun too. The pattern is so cute. I had to knock off a point on requirements though because you're background was not contrasted enough to the pink in the outfit. An orange background would've made this more grade A than it already is. I also wish the blues were less pastel ish and more neony, but that is a small nitpick. That lipstick is fantastic by the way <3 Great job Bob ! <3

LeslieHeadshot.png~original
    Image Quality - 10/10
    Image Composition - 7/10
    Creativity - 7/10
    Model Appearance - 10/10
    Relevance - 5/5
    Requirements – 4.5/5
    Total – 43.5/50

This is a pretty picture. Your model looks really pretty and clear. However the color you chose for the background blends a little too well with the colors you chose for your model. I know it isn’t the same exact color but it didn’t have much contrast. All of the colors are cool and have about the same value which makes it all blend together. I only took off a half point for that though since it doesn’t match your model. Your background also doesn’t have much of a floor and she needs a shadow to integrate her into the background. I know that is really hard because you just used a brightly colored CAS and didn’t cut her out. I really like your model’s pose and her outfit though. She looks really cute. :smile:

Total: 130.5/150
    Awe, these comments! <3

Thank you, you three. I understand that it wasn't contrasting enough, (not even a bit). I also know the pose wasn't very fun-like.

She's sort of just standing there, looking awkward xD

I appreciate the feedback, though. & Since there are tutorials this time, thanks to Mizzy <3 I will actually see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the scores, comments and organization! I love how organized everything is. xD

Great work, Mizzy! :3
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    @BobSkellington Hahaha! Thank you! <3 let me know if anything needs to be changed. Or if you want to request something. ^-^

I did this for Free Spirit! We did fairytales this week. I'm surprised you weren't there! o-o
    Woot! Did a new edit! I've been doing a ton of drawing this week! xD
    Drew the makeup, hair, her outfit/legs, and her nails! *Dances*

Btw, if you don't know who this is, this is Ursula from the Little Mermaid. xD

Againstthetide115.jpg

Before:
    FreeSpiritBefore.png~original

After:
    19806463063_4ed58a21cd_o.png

This is so amazing, OMG <3 xD

Thank you x) I will message you, as soon as something pops up.

I don't see challenge one scores? o.O
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    @BobSkellington Thank you, again. xD I can't live without organization in my threads. @_@
    I was excited to show you Ursula since you have a little mermaid signature! :mrgreen:

I announced this several pages back, but Challenge 1 is due August 17th. It's under the Challenge 2 title as well for those who read it. :3
  • Options
    @BobSkellington Thank you, again. xD I can't live without organization in my threads. @_@
    I was excited to show you Ursula since you have a little mermaid signature! :mrgreen:

I announced this several pages back, but Challenge 1 is due August 17th. It's under the Challenge 2 title as well for those who read it. :3
    Oh, I only read and looked at the tutorials, the post before A1 scores, and my comments xD

My bad ._.

Also, here are some of my Disney-related pictures, (I did these when I first started with modeling, so please. Don't judge xD).

14621768649_e3d3af5557_b.jpg
    15016181595_6ce5d94c6f_b.jpg
    15015825512_63b110966a_b.jpg
    14692803385_38586e70dc_b.jpg
    14620678468_ba8d040e99_h.jpg
    14621352349_e262900e4f_b.jpg
    (Look at how I cut her out, the dress had to be cropped xD).

15316277974_0bf1c87a4a_b.jpg

Oh, and I found my Ursula. xD
    tumblr_n6jej9JFuz1smyuzqo1_500.jpg
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    @LeslieM25 Thanks! <3:3 Maybe I'll try ;)

@MizoreYukii Hmm I think I might try that! And I know my idea doesn't seem to hard, but my middle name is "screw up." XD Right now I can think of so many ways this could end badly.
    Believe it or not, I'm more worried about the Sims than I am the background :grimace: The whole assignment is themed around a masquerade and it would probably wouldn't be noticed in the picture. Second of all, I have no good pose for this and I suck at making poses. I feel like I would need guidance throughout the whole thing :( Plus, this is coming from the person who asked you how to erase a cloud XD

dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    MinstrelMinstrel Posts: 126 Member
    @MizoreYukii Maybe I'm just being incredibly stupid, but I don't understand how in tutorial 8, you get from the second last image to the last image? It just seems to suddenly go from her having block colour in her hair, to her having lovely normal hair with no green in it? Thanks if you could clear that up, I'm probably just missing something!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @BobSkellington Those are really cool! Why are there zombies in the third one though? o_o XD

@PeaceSign101 The only part for "masquerade" that I am looking for are the masks, not the definition. And you aren't a screw up xD Just need practice. But try searching before you give up the idea! You never know what you may find.

@Minstrel The last image is your end result. The reason why I said that method is really simple is because that's all you do. You select the common color, draw over her edges, then choose either hue or color and your image will no longer have green in it, like the last image.
    The sudden change is due to the change of the layer mode (I marked the layer change in red). It's an immediate affect.
    You'll see what I mean when you try it out yourself. :3
  • Options
    @BobSkellington Those are really cool! Why are there zombies in the third one though? o_o XD

Thank you c; Because we had to incorporate zombies in our picture ._. xD
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    MinstrelMinstrel Posts: 126 Member
    @MizoreYukii I thought so, but I just wanted to be sure. I'll try it out for myself and hopefully it'll work out fine:)
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    @BobSkellington The one with zombies in it made me crack up :D
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii Haha thanks, but I am honestly a very clumsy person :P Anyways now I'm confused .-. I wanted my assignment to be based off the definition because I just thought it would be cool to do that. But I'm worried that you won't really see the mask in the picture. I guess I'll do my idea and sees what happens.
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2015
    Woops, too early.
    Post edited by Amazingamphy on
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    @BobSkellington The one with zombies in it made me crack up :D

LMAO, why? D: xD
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Ah a lot of readings to catch up! Thank you for the comments, I'll take note and try to improve for the upcoming assignments and challenges :) Talking about my model, I probably scaled her too much :sweat_smile: I can't seem to get rid of all the green outlines either without accidentally deleting parts of the hair. I'm not sure how the quality dropped after I cut the background off though. I took the shot in game but I'll look more into this.
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2015
    Challenge 2
    apocalypse_zps40z3vrw4.png
    I tried to go for a mix of practical, comfortable, and still a bit fashionable. I didn't crop too much so you could still see the buildings and sky.
    Post edited by Amazingamphy on
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    Go watch this video, just for the heck of it <3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WO8ukk9x_U
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    Here's my entry.
    mardigras_zpswxqncjc3.png
    The "object" that I added was Dana's tail. Also, I cropped it! And managed to find a "happy" pose! :smiley:

Cute!
    Challenge 2
    apocalypse_zps40z3vrw4.png
    I tried to go for a mix of practical, comfortable, and still a bit fashionable. I didn't crop too much so you could still see the buildings and sky.

Love the background!
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @Amazingamphy I can't accept this assignment entry. I said before I started posting scores and such that until everything was up I can't accept entries. We are covering the rest of the tutorials today, and I can accept your Challenge 2 entry since challenges aren't assignments. If you want to redo your assignment or challenge after we cover the rest of the tutorials, please do so.

Also, I wasn't looking for happy, or anything specific, for this assignment. My message meant that you guys need to search harder for poses when doing an assignment. Glad you found one though.

That goes to everyone else as well. If you didn't see the message I left several pages back, I said please do not submit until I have everything up. This is to ensure that you don't make mistakes on something we didn't cover yet.

Also, I know this is a creative assignment, but please make sure your models are either facing the camera (not completely looking for eye contact though, be creative) or at a (proper) side view. This is still a modeling competition.

And some things have come to my attention and I am now updating the tutorials to reflect these changes. Please wait a moment.
    (This is why it's important for you guys to give feedback. If you notice something happening while working, please mention them to me.)

@BobSkellington That sounds like a fun assignment though! xD

@Minstrel I'm pretty sure it will work out fine for you. Don't forget to change to the other mode if the first choice doesn't work. If it still isn't working (meaning it stands out), you probably chose the wrong color. (Will add this to tutorial)

@PeaceSign101 Are you planning to have your models face away from the camera? If you aren't, then I don't see the problem with the masks? And I'm talking about a physical mask on or near the model, not a hidden idea. I'm very confused on what you mean. xD

@BabyCarrotz I should probably write that in the first tutorial, but yes, the deleting hair part is actually quite common.
    Edit: Nevermind. I was apparently mistaken. I just tested the method I suggested and it isn't working. The only thing I can suggest is to avoid wispy hair, erase any weird leftovers if that occurs, draw your own hair (or hair strands), or use a hair brush. Sorry D: As for the face though, the method I suggested will still work. ^-^
    The smaller your model is, the more common glitches will appear, which is why I always recommend people take larger photos. (Will add this to tutorial in a bit) My suggestion, for the hair deleting and the quality degradation on her face, is to zoom in to the face while the model is posing in CAS and snap a picture. Then, when you are editing, open that new image, cut the green, then align her face with the body and scale it down. Fiddle with it, smudge any lines that appear (carefully!) and now you have a new head. If the old head is bothering the new head, just gently erase the edges on the old one so they don't show up.

@Gemmabubbles @ayeden @PurpleKenzie19
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
  • Options
    @BobSkellington That sounds like a fun assignment though! xD

It was xD
    sox3c8.jpg
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii Yeah, I wanted her facing away from the camera. Is that not a good idea? I'm such a confusing person, sorry :grimace:
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    This is probably an extremely stupid question, but do you think that when you open a picture in PicMonkey, it gets smaller and is maybe lower quality?
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    @PeaceSign101 I honestly have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised. I avoid working with websites like that because you never know what could happen to your image. I'll look into it though, because I think a lot of you are using it and it might explain the quality for some.
  • Options
    @PeaceSign101 Didn't finish, lol. Anyways, you can have her facing away from the camera, but you need to decide on where the mask is going. As long as you have a mask, I don't mind if she is to the side or a zombie, she just has to have a mask somewhere. And remember what I said, it can be on the floor, on a stick, on her head, etc. As long as you have one, you should be fine.